Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

World Golf Championships

Post by Felix »

given this forum is deader than PlayStation 2, lets see if it's still working

winner and dark horse
(as always, official predictions will be good through the following Monday)

and the rules regarding use of the first name of Earl and Kutilda's boy has bee pretty lax....this rule should be strictly enforced by the forum moderator (assuming he's still alive)

winner-the guy that won last weeks tournament
dark horse-Jeev Singh

I expect that by weeks end, this thread may have as many as 7 views and five-count em, five responses
get out, get out while there's still time
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: World Golf Championships

Post by indyfrisco »

Winner - Zach Johnson
Dark Horse - Tigger
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Winner - That guy who wears red NIKE shirts on Sunday

Dark Horse - Ben Crane - if he can finish the 1st round by Sunday...

where has Dins been up in this bitch?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Eldrick

Everybody else
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

buckeye_in_sc wrote:
where has Dins been up in this bitch?
His gimp-ass arm isn't letting him play much golf. Since I can't play, I haven't been watching as much, either.

:somesortofsadfacethingy:

But the elbow is getting better again... then again, it was fine until I went for my 450-yard driver swing... and something went terribly wrong -- not with the ball flight -- when one tries for the 450-yarder, it's not uncommon that things go terribly wrong with the ballflight... no, something went terribly wrong with my arm. Maybe I should learn to play with only my right arm... couldn't make my scores of the last couple of years any worse.

My rounds have been infrequent enough that I've gone mid-to-upper 50's going out, and if the body cooperates, almost remembering how the game is played and knocking 10-15 strokes off the back 9. I'm pretty sure this is a sign of some rust, no?

But, just to make Indy jealous... even at my worst, after long layoffs... I can still drill the short chips like a mofo, much to the amusement of my golf buds. Takes me 6 randomly sprayed shots to get near the green, so I can get my guaranteed, effortless up-and-down.

Yup, I really can throw up those high scores without 3 putts or duffed chips... which is hard to do, when you think about it. I swear I'd score better these days if I only brough a sandwedge and a putter, and just bumped the ball 40 yards up the fairway at a time... but we've all been through that phase, right?

Fuck... I've got a free afternoon (I think), and it isn't 1000 degrees outside anymore... even mostly overcast and about 65 degrees... might just have to go punish my psyche and go chase the ball... maybe.

And Ben Crane wins this one in a playoff... tuesday afternoon.

And if you fucks keep complaining about my inactivity here, I might have to start randomly editing your posts in some very clever way that makes it sound like you're admitting to being both homosexual and less-than-intelligent... don't push me... since I probably can't beat any of you on the course, I'll dig deep to get over, DAMMIT!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dinsdale wrote:But, just to make Indy jealous... even at my worst, after long layoffs... I can still drill the short chips like a mofo, much to the amusement of my golf buds. Takes me 6 randomly sprayed shots to get near the green, so I can get my guaranteed, effortless up-and-down.
Well, as you may have seen in my recent posts int his forum, I seem to have finally killed the chipping demon. I'm playing my best golf of the last 10 years. Granted, I'm still only getting out once a week, maybe twice some weeks, but I'm getting there. My irons seem to be coming back. I am swinging about 3/4 as hard as I used to and am making much better contact. It was basically my backswing that got me. It was so fast that I was just so inconsistent. A much slower and controlled backswing and a bit less downswing. Still driving it around 290 but much better irons.

The yips still resurface once, maybe twice in a round when I lose my focus, but I seem to have gotten over them for the most part by simply talking myself into a good process...oh, and also not having a fucking shoulder spasm on my chipping downswing helps too.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote: Dark Horse - Tigger
racist

quite the fucking meltdown from Harrington when the timekeeper decided the two guys fighting it out for the championship needed to be "put on the clock"

what a fucking douche-I'm guessing John Paramor has probably served as a timekeeper for the last group in a tournament for the last time......wtf, who did he think they were holding up?
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

That was pretty shitt about the clock. Paddy imploding after Tiger hitting that awesome fucking shot on 16 hurt to watch.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:Paddy imploding after Tiger hitting that awesome fucking shot on 16 hurt to watch.

that's what makes him the best player in the world....seriously, how many times have we seen the type of unrelenting pressure Woods applies when he's in a position to win

one of the stats that blew me away was that when putting from 10 feet or less, Eldrick was 48 for 50!?!?!?! he only missed 2 putts over the entire four days of the tournament from within that range

that unfuckingbelievable especially on those Firestone greens
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

No doubt he's the best in the world.

Golf is different for me. At least it is now. I never want to win by someone else imploding. Probably because I've lost plenty of times that way. The way it eats at you is unbearable. And I've never been on the kind of stage these guys are and it hurt. That's all I was getting at. And Tiger's attitude and commentary after the match told you as much. I could tell he was glad to win, but hated to win that way. That's why it is called the gentlemen's sport.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

IndyFrisco wrote:I never want to win by someone else imploding.

same for me....the only time I can remember wanting somebody to miss a putt is when I'm in match play situations....even then, I want my competitor to play to the best of his ability, that way if I beat him I know I beat him when he was playing his best.....there's a great sense of satisfaction in that

it's the nature of the game and the way I was taught....that's what seperates golf from virtually every other sport.