RACK Rick Reilly

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

RACK Rick Reilly

Post by MuchoBulls »

Great read. This is the biggest reason why I dislike Tiger.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?id=4347419
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: RACK Rick Reilly

Post by BSmack »

If the worst thing Tiger Woods is ever accused of is dropping an f-bomb or 20 after a bad shot, well big fucking deal. Most guys I've played with who even remotely care about their game do a variation. I myself have gotten very practiced in the art of sharply heeling my club whilst saying things that would make Rick Riley cry.

I have one friend who is perfectly normal in every other way, but after hitting a bad shot he'll go into a mode where he'll whisper to himself "why did you hit that shot?" To which he will reply in earth shattering volume, "BECAUSE YOU'RE A FUCKING RETARD!!!"

Imagine Rick Riley playing a round with that guy. :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

When I was in high school and a much better golfer, I acted like Tiger does now. My brother has always acted that way and still does. He's 35 years old. When I play golf with my brother, I am 1) embarrassed to be seen with him and 2) embarrassed I used to act that way.

My playing partner is the same way. He was a football player at a Div 1 school. He's very competitive. When he hits a bad shot, there's always the "FUCK!" accompanied by the slamming of the club into the ground. He's 27 and has been my weekend golf partner for about 5 years and acted this way the whole time.

I think I, of all people, who used to play at and/or under par regularly, would be the type to let my now 12 handicap and bad shots get the best of me. I've just taken the attitude that it is better to be great at something once rather than never at all. I'm still extremely competitive in all sports I play, but I play all sports for fun. Tiger, yeah, it's his livelihood. But no one else acts like that. Not on a consistent basis. It's embarrassing. I don't know why he's not embarrassed. Someday he will be.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

BTW: Slamming the club to the ground while holding it is not the same as throwing or burying the club. I've seen Tiger slam the club a few times. I've never seen him get a club airborne. Nor have I seen him put one into the course. I would have a far different opinion of Tiger were he putting others at risk or damaging the course.

Just wanted to make that clear.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

I take it all back. Tiger Woods is evil and would kill puppies for fun if only they would allow them on the course.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Good God. Dude is a CHILD on the course. We all agree he's the best ever (at least if he passes Jack). Yet you want to suckle his cock n balls just because Riley calls him out on being a baby? I'm pretty sure your kid is a mulatto the way you defend everything negro.

As I've heard many a time here before, it's not the arrow, it's the indian. As great as he is at the game, he's a cunt in the attitude department...a department THE GAME puts a hell of a lot of stock in.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

IndyFrisco wrote:We all agree he's the best ever (at least if he passes Jack).
He'll have to pass Jack for that distinction. He's the greatest player of this generation, but he isn't the greatest of all time yet.

I was thinking about this the other day after Watson lost. Imagine how many majors Jack would have if there was no Tom Watson. The media always asks who can contend with Tiger and challenge and quite honestly Tiger hasn't faced the challengers that Jack Nicklaus did. As much as I like Phil, he's never really mounted a challenge with Tiger in a major (the Masters was about the only exception, but neither had the lead). Jack had to contend with the likes of Watson, Palmer, Trevino, Player, etc. I put that grouping in higher regard than who Tiger has to face.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

IndyFrisco wrote:Good God. Dude is a CHILD on the course. We all agree he's the best ever (at least if he passes Jack). Yet you want to suckle his cock n balls just because Riley calls him out on being a baby? I'm pretty sure your kid is a mulatto the way you defend everything negro.
My kid is a mulatto?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Here's a stock tip for you. Buy stock in companies that make SPF 30 or better sun screen. Because my boy is going to need it. Dinsdale ain't got nothing on my boy in the pasty department.
As I've heard many a time here before, it's not the arrow, it's the indian. As great as he is at the game, he's a cunt in the attitude department...a department THE GAME puts a hell of a lot of stock in.
Have you seen Tiger play? I have. My recollections from 2003, during one of the worst slumps in his career, were that he was a pretty decent guy. I certainly don't recall the kind of insane club throwing fits and cuntish attitude you and guys like Riley are attributing to him. But hey, he'll be back in my back yard in 2013, so I'll follow him again for 2-4 rounds and get back to you.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Good you had a sense of humor about that. I must have had the wrong bait.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Yeah, what a no-class motherfucker... taking up for his opponent and taking a fine for mentioning how he thought his duelling partner got the shaft...

Just terrible.

Wait... it was rather Jack-like... nevermind. I hope Riley feels like the loudmouthed DB he is right about now.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one