chicago trolley tour PET

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

chicago trolley tour PET

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Well, mostly "PT" -- photo thread. The weather was picture perfect all day...up until we boarded the double decker. That'd figure, of course. Oh well, as it turned out, some of the buildings looked really cool under dark skies.

Obligatory random fat guy with his gut hanging out pic

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Re: chicago trolley tour PET

Post by Blueblood »

Fucking great PET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

... and not because I was born there.

I'm glad you were able to get in the beautiful skyline of "Chi-town" and Soldier Field.

Well done, Mr. Magoo.

the truth
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Great shots of the river and the lakeshore...

Soldier Field is a weird looking from the outside...not quite what it used to be.

RACK the PET!
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

:lol:

Was Walmart having a sale on ugly plaid shorts?

The parents of that fat kid ought to be arrested for child abuse. I will most likely outlive that Type II, soon to be a strain on the healthcare system, driving my premiums through the fucking roof, poor, obese fucker. His sister is a porker too. Yes, arrest the parents. Less McDonald's... more home-cooked healthy meals. Sheesh.

RACK the rest of the PET though.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Screw_Michigan wrote:The City of Chicago and the McCaskey family should be embarrassed for turning a historical site like Soldier Field into a fucking travesty. That place is an abortion.

Great thread. Chicago's architecture will ALWAYS trump DC's.

Saw the Arcade Fire at the Chicago Theatre. RACK.

The Merchandise Mart looks like a fucking prison. Probably what Grand Central Station in Detroit would look like if not a dilapidated piece of shit.

Van? Looks like an Aerosmith shirt, too. :lol:
No shit. When did they park that giant flying saucer on the roof, anyway?

It's especially shameful in that chicago, IMO, is the architectural capital of the country. That travesty may have bumped them from the number one spot.

DC is nice, if your definition of architecture is greek columns. Not dissing greek architecture, but, that is pertty damn near all they have there.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

Rack that PET!!!
Dreams......Temporary Madness
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Couldn't agree more about Soldier Field. That is one awkward looking monstrosity. Sup JTR?
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

It does look good on the inside from the games I've seen on the tube but the description I once heard comparing it to a space ship is quite accurate...it looks like a flying saucer. I haven't been back to Chicago since they renovated...the old coliseum look with the pillars was such a distinctive look.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Screw_Michigan wrote:BTW, were there no possible sweet ass and clam photos for you to take and post?
They'd be posted, if there were. I was on a moving vehicle. Getting pics of skycrapers and such was much easier.

Shoalz, there's a reason they try so hard not to pan the exterior of the stadium on the tube. You don't realize how horrible it looks until you see it up close in person. I sure didn't. Before, the columns were obviously what gave the stadium its distinction. Now, they're dwarfed by the upper bowl, and they look unremarkable and out-of-place as a result.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I took the boat tour of Chicago back in '06. Very nice. I'll dig up the photos and post them on here later.

As for Soldier Field, it is very odd looking. Although the view from the Museum is a little better than the view from Lakeshore.

Mrs. Rumps and I still prefer Chicago over New York when considering travel to big domestic cities. New York is just way too congested when Chicago doesn't have that feeling even when visting the most obvious spots.

Rack the PET.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I've never spent any time in Chicago, I've only passed through. Looks pretty nice - rack the PT.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:
Shoalzie wrote:It does look good on the inside from the games I've seen on the tube but the description I once heard comparing it to a space ship is quite accurate...it looks like a flying saucer. I haven't been back to Chicago since they renovated...the old coliseum look with the pillars was such a distinctive look.
Didn't you go to Tigers/Cubs in 07? It was renovated by then.

That series was in 2006...I didn't go towards the lakeshore while I was over there though.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Nice PT.

Been to Chicago about 7 times since moving to Indiana. Very nice town. Never spent any time on the South side other than driving as fast as I could through it to get to the North side. I could very well live there though and probably would had I not scored the job I have now.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Nice PET.

Only been to Chicago for an overnight trip- spent the night at the airport Marriott for a work function but managed to have dinner at Ditka's restaurant on Chestnut. Our company rented the room on the 2nd floor and mid-way through Dinner Coach Ditka made an appearance (he' shorter than I would have thought) but dude had massive hands. He had been golfing in FL earlier in the day so he seemed a bit tired but he was also very classy and humble when people came up to shake his hand take pictures. Just outside our room he was having his regularly scheduled dinner at his table with the wife (who seemed disinterested in anything going on).. Later that night when I decided to break the seal, I had to walk past his table to get to the pisser and he was talking to a hot-as-fuck blond chick at his table.. I think she was a bartender there.. He's probably boning her on the side.

Not that I can blame him--

He is Ditka.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Oh, I've stumbled upon the Houndstooth before; it was before a show at The Metro and we needed a place to kill a couple of hours and slam some brews before the show. It seemed like a cool enough place, and I wondered why the entire bar was decked out in red errrrr crimson until I started noticing the Bear Bryant and old school Bama football pics all over the walls. Pretty odd to have a Bama bar smack dab in Wrigleyville, across from the stadium. The Cubs were away at the time, and they didn't even have the game on tv. RACK them for not giving a fuck about the Cubs in the heart of Wrigleyville and still keeping the place to capacity.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

...The whole crew smacks of freeking Central Nebraska....didja happen to notice sister number two standing behind but not obliterated by fatso? Uh, looks like she may out weigh her brother. Then there's the 10 year old brat who's pissed because he missied out on the plaid short clearance. My gawd the midwest sucks.
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Bill Lumbergh
Jake

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

This is why I love living in Chicago.....so many people from all over the world and a bar for all of them....

There is a STEELERS bar right down the street from where I live in Wrigleyville.....also check out the tards in this place:

http://www.chicagotoons.com/
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Good job, mgo. One of, if not, my favorite city in the States. Shame you couldn't get more shots of downtown rather than from a bus though. Was hoping I'd see pics of Shaw's crabhouse, Jilly's Piano bar, the aquarium, Gino's Pizza, etc.

Just a great city that I've gotta get back to.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

There's one of the Shedd Aquarium in there, though not a great one. Oh, and Gino's sucks.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Mom: Cameron, what have you seen today?

Cameron: Nothing good.

Mom: Nothing - wha - what do you mean nothing good? We've seen everything good. We've seen the whole city! We went to a museum, we saw priceless works of art! We ate pancreas!
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

hey socal, nice sig you got there, you fukkin' faggit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

smackaholic wrote:hey socal, nice sig you got there, you fukkin' faggit.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

'Twasn't me professing my unadulterated faggotry for JTR.

:P
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Bizzarofelice
I wanna be a bear

Post by Bizzarofelice »

you there for pitchfork? see pharaoahe monch? did he ask the indie white girls to rub on their titties? are the walkmen awesome?
why is my neighborhood on fire
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I live in chicagoland now. Took a pass on Pitchfork. Not down.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

RACK socal on the F.B.D.O. reset...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

You go, indiedork.

I'll hold out for the real shows.