small wonder GM is in its situation--

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

small wonder GM is in its situation--

Post by Wolfman »

I had to leave my Nissan Maxima in the garage for some work. I needed a car so I rented one through a rental place that the dealership was working with. The car I ended up getting was a new Chevy Cobalt. When I first got into the car I was
very unimpressed with the cheapness of the interior-- lots of plastic and flimsy parts like sun visors. The key to my opinion was when I went to open the driver side door. The inside door latch had metal burs along the top !! Bad enough that the vendor who made the parts sent an unfinished part along the pipeline---but the person on the assembly line simply installed it and didn't send it to the reject bin ! Having had worked in a factory doing machining of cast metal electrical components--I can fully understand what happened. Makes me all the more feel that GM should have just been allowed to disappear from the US auto scene along with Nash-AMC-Studebaker--et al.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Re: small wonder GM is in its situation--

Post by War Wagon »

Nissan Maxima?

When you "disappear from the scene" you won't be missed.
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Maximas are nice rides. Snappy, stylish, and built well IMHO.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Get ready for the Chevrolet Malibu talking points.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

Here's another reason GM is in trouble......

http://online.wsj.com/article/BT-CO-200 ... 17615.html

For two reasons.

First off, the G8 is a damn nice sports sedan. With the vette motor in it, it is a competent competitor to 5 series bmws and other rear drive sports sedans. It's sales were picking up rather well. Now, it looks like they're putting a bullet in it's head.

Second, your grandma drives a caprice. When I think of caprices, I think of taxis, vinyl roofs and rear wheel skirts.

Anyone with a modicum of marketing sense would call it a chevelle. Make the V-8 version an SS and plenty of 50/60 something fat guys will run out and buy one so they can own another SS chevelle. And plenty of younger guys will buy one because it will beat the pants off similarly priced jap/euro sports sedans.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

I almost bought a G8 back in February but decided against it when rumors were surfacing about the Pontiac division being shutdown.

Instead, I bought an '08 Ford Focus as a commuter car and will wait to purchase the 50th anniversary Ford Mustang in 2014.

Research suggests that milestone vehicles hold better value over time than vehicles that are purchased during non-eventful years.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Wolfman wrote:I had to leave my Nissan Maxima in the garage for some work. I needed a car so I rented one through a rental place that the dealership was working with. The car I ended up getting was a new Chevy Cobalt. When I first got into the car I was
very unimpressed with the cheapness of the interior-- lots of plastic and flimsy parts like sun visors. The key to my opinion was when I went to open the driver side door. The inside door latch had metal burs along the top !! Bad enough that the vendor who made the parts sent an unfinished part along the pipeline---but the person on the assembly line simply installed it and didn't send it to the reject bin ! Having had worked in a factory doing machining of cast metal electrical components--I can fully understand what happened. Makes me all the more feel that GM should have just been allowed to disappear from the US auto scene along with Nash-AMC-Studebaker--et al.

You mean it's not
somehow
Obama's Fault?

:shock:
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

Wolfman wrote: The car I ended up getting was a new Chevy Cobalt.
Stop bitching. That small rental helped pay for some retirees health care premium for about 4 days.
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
MadRussian
Poop is Funny!!!

Post by MadRussian »

Mikey wrote:
Wolfman wrote:I had to leave my Nissan Maxima in the garage for some work. I needed a car so I rented one through a rental place that the dealership was working with. The car I ended up getting was a new Chevy Cobalt. When I first got into the car I was

You mean it's not
somehow
Obama's Fault?

:shock:

Of course it is. Jeesh
At the core of liberalism is the spoiled child - miserable, as all spoiled children are, unsatisfied, demanding, ill-disciplined, despotic and useless. Liberalism is a philosophy of sniveling brats.
P.J. O'Rourke.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Go Coogs' wrote:
Research suggests that milestone vehicles hold better value over time than vehicles that are purchased during non-eventful years.
Most people who aren't fools purchase a vehicle to transport their lardasses from point A to point B, not as part of their investment portfolio.

Research suggests you're a posing idiot.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

he'll be one of the fukking tools that will be lined up to pay 5 grand over list for his "investment".
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.