Predict The Future

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Onions
Elwood

Predict The Future

Post by Onions »

Bro's going to Vegas, who do you think takes the AFC/NFC/SB?

Considering these:

AFC

Colts 13 to 1 SB / 6.5 to 1 AFC

Titans 19/9.5

Bengals 81/40.5 (love their draft)

(Pats but they are 6/3)

NFC

Eagles 15/7.5

Vikes 17/8.5

Saints 21/10.5

Falcons 21/10.5

Packers 29/14.5
"i sky scrape the heavens"
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Re: Predict The Future

Post by poptart »

I'll get back to this later, Onions, but quick thoughts on the AFC teams you cited.

Colts: I'd stay away from them. Coaching turnover plants a seed of doubt in my mind.

Titans: I'd stay away from them, too. Haynesworth is gone and this is a team that sort of "overachieved" last years. Teams that do that have a tendency to fall back some the next year.

Bengals: No way I'd bet REAL money on them. Good draft? Maybe, but until they show that they can do anything other than piss all over themself, no way I'd lay cayesh on them.

If you're looking for an AFC "sleeper," I'd look at Houston.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I have to agree with 'tart that the Texans have great breakout potential this year. If I were going to lay a quick 15 on a lark, I might just pick them.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: I'd look at Houston.
yep, I think they're definitely for reals but I'm guessing that most of the bettors are thinking the same....probably won't get real long odds
get out, get out while there's still time
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

I will take any and all bets you idiots want to place on Houston even making the fucking playoffs, nevermind a SB run.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:I will take any and all bets you idiots want to place on Houston even making the fucking playoffs, nevermind a SB run.
Okay, $50 to the winners favorite charity that Houston makes the playoffs....
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Felix wrote:Okay, $50 to the winners favorite charity that Houston makes the playoffs....
Sure.

Why not make it a million, seeing as how I know you won't pony up when you lose.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Felix wrote:Okay, $50 to the winners favorite charity that Houston makes the playoffs....
Sure.

Why not make it a million, seeing as how I know you won't pony up when you lose.
ask anybody on this board that I've ever made a bet with whether or not I pay off-you can start with tart, Wags, orc, KCScott, and some others I can't recall immediately....I've never reneged on a bet in my life...but if it makes you feel better, if I lose, and you choose something other than yourself as your favorite charity, I'd be more than willing to have them make the receipt out in your name and I'll send it to you so you can take it off your taxes....

me, I'll trust you as a man of your word
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Felix wrote:I've never reneged on a bet in my life.

Terrific. So why wouldn't you want to bet... me?

I am not in the habit of making bets in the name of some other institution. It sort of takes the fun out of the whole process.

Though I do appreciate the time you let everyone donate $10 to their favorite charity in lieu of sending you the cayash for that NFL postseason thingie a few years ago (I was so moved, I actually fired off $25 to the MSPCA), I'd rather take your money.
Onions
Elwood

Post by Onions »

matt schaub is a joke. houston traded away the better quarterback in rosenfels. there is NO way the texans get past the first round of the playoffs. i'd even be surprised if they made the playoffs. did you actually see matt schaub play last year? the guy is horrible
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: Terrific. So why wouldn't you want to bet... me?
because you're a jackass
Though I do appreciate the time you let everyone donate $10 to their favorite charity in lieu of sending you the cayash for that NFL postseason thingie a few years ago (I was so moved, I actually fired off $25 to the MSPCA)
wow, that's some memory you got there....I can't remember the circumstances but it was adad that suggested we give it to some charity that was in desperate need and he was holding the money...as the winner, I was more than happy to do it.....good on you for your addition to the pot
I'd rather take your money.
that's fine.....as George C. Scott said in the movie The Hustler

"money won is always better than money earned"

he also said "where you going Eddie-Eddie YOU OWE ME MONEY"
if you've never seen it, rent it-it's an alltimer

so we're down for a fiddy on Houston making the playoffs this year?
Onions wrote:houston traded away the better quarterback in rosenfels.
seriously?
Onions
Elwood

Post by Onions »

yes, i currently live in texas and i have probably seen much more of rosenfels and schaub than any of you have. and schaub is practically brain dead. rosenfels might take more risks but he is more accurate. if i ran minnesota i would stick with him and not even bother with favre
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Onions wrote:yes, i currently live in texas and i have probably seen much more of rosenfels and schaub than any of you have. and schaub is practically brain dead. rosenfels might take more risks but he is more accurate. if i ran minnesota i would stick with him and not even bother with favre
Rosenfels has been passed around more than ________ (fill in your favorite skank)

he was a third stringer for Washington before they dumped him for a seventh rounder in 2002, in Miami he put together some pretty amazing comebacks, but I just never saw him as a starter type.... apparently, neither did any of the coaches he played for....Schaub isn't all that, but I think he's better than Rosenfels

but what the fuck do I know, I'm a Denver fan
Onions
Elwood

Post by Onions »

if you had the chance to see both of these guys play on a regular basis over the past two years you would probably favor rosenfels over schaub. schaub consistently overthrows wide open receivers, especially in the red zone. he throws way too many picks, fumbles and makes a lot of bad decisions. rosenfels will scramble when it is not appropriate but that's about the only knock on him. he is accurate. it's too bad he won't get a real shot in minnesota. has he ever been given a real shot in the league?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Felix wrote:because you're a jackass

Exactly.... the outcome of the bet should, at the very least, provide said forum with some juicy morsels to chew on.

$50 it is. I see them finishing 3rd in their division. Favorable early schedule (maybe even a 5-2 start) and will still be lucky to win 9 games.

Someone mark this shit thread for posterity's sake.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Onions wrote:if you had the chance to see both of these guys play on a regular basis over the past two years you would probably favor rosenfels over schaub. schaub consistently overthrows wide open receivers, especially in the red zone. he throws way too many picks, fumbles and makes a lot of bad decisions. rosenfels will scramble when it is not appropriate but that's about the only knock on him. he is accurate. it's too bad he won't get a real shot in minnesota. has he ever been given a real shot in the league?
but in all fairness, rosenfels has had more years in the league and more playing time than schaub has...yeah, last year schaub made a lot of mistakes, but I think some really great play overshadowed a some of those mistakes 15 td's with 10 intercepts isn't going to get it done, but a 92 rating ain't bad for a guy that was really only playing his second full season....I see a lot of upside for the guy and I think you'll see a lot of those mistakes corrected this year.....
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

Onions wrote:if you had the chance to see both of these guys play on a regular basis over the past two years you would probably favor rosenfels over schaub.
I don't know what game you're watching, but this couldn't be further from the truth. Rosenfels cost the Texans three wins last year because of poor play when it mattered most.

Schaub was fucking brilliant against Chicago and Green Bay down the stretch. Sure, the dude has a glass jaw but he does not make as many key mistakes as Rosenfels does. Schaub had two horrible games against Pittsburgh and Miami, but he stepped up in the Miami game and played his best football when they needed him.

I will agree that his redzone accuracy needs to be better, but when you don't have a bruiser back to move the pile, your options are limited.

The Texans made the right decision in keeping Schaub and trading Rosenfels. I know I am biased, but I really do think the Texans push for the division this year. The Jags, Texans, and Colts all took a step back this offseason while the Texans have taken a step forward. Remember, their offense was one of the best last season and they are returning everyone + a blocking TE in Hill and a versatile H-back in Casey. Not only that, they will be snatching up a serviceable RB over the next few weeks to compliment Slaton. AND...they have a healthy and determined Dunte Robinson for the entire season who is playing in a contract year.

The Texans are a sleeper for a contender this season. Do I think they will overcome the Pats, Steelers, or Chargers? Probably not. But what they can do is compete with any team out there which is a far cry from a couple of seasons ago. Just my .02.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Onions
Elwood

Post by Onions »

Go Coogs' wrote:
Onions wrote:if you had the chance to see both of these guys play on a regular basis over the past two years you would probably favor rosenfels over schaub.
I don't know what game you're watching, but this couldn't be further from the truth. Rosenfels cost the Texans three wins last year because of poor play when it mattered most.

Schaub was fucking brilliant against Chicago and Green Bay down the stretch. Sure, the dude has a glass jaw but he does not make as many key mistakes as Rosenfels does. Schaub had two horrible games against Pittsburgh and Miami, but he stepped up in the Miami game and played his best football when they needed him.

I will agree that his redzone accuracy needs to be better, but when you don't have a bruiser back to move the pile, your options are limited.

The Texans made the right decision in keeping Schaub and trading Rosenfels. I know I am biased, but I really do think the Texans push for the division this year. The Jags, Texans, and Colts all took a step back this offseason while the Texans have taken a step forward. Remember, their offense was one of the best last season and they are returning everyone + a blocking TE in Hill and a versatile H-back in Casey. Not only that, they will be snatching up a serviceable RB over the next few weeks to compliment Slaton. AND...they have a healthy and determined Dunte Robinson for the entire season who is playing in a contract year.

The Texans are a sleeper for a contender this season. Do I think they will overcome the Pats, Steelers, or Chargers? Probably not. But what they can do is compete with any team out there which is a far cry from a couple of seasons ago. Just my .02.
it's not just schaub's red zone problems. it's all the sacks he takes, it's his constant poor decision making, his constant locking in on his first read. sure, rosenfels has a real dud of a game now and then but he makes better decisions. he'll throw the ball away when there's no one open and he's pressured. schaub will take an unnecessary risk and try to throw a bullet into triple coverage. rosenfels had a poor game against baltimore but who doesn't? and he blew the indy game with his scrambling. if schaub was quarterbacking that game he wouldn't have even been in position to blow it in the fourth quarter. the texans would have been trailing by 14 by the 3rd qtr. rosenfels had a better '07 than '08. he needs a real shot, consistent opportunities to develop his game. he'll probably never get a fair shot at a starting job
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Onions wrote: rosenfels had a better '07 than '08. he needs a real shot, consistent opportunities to develop his game. he'll probably never get a fair shot at a starting job
you aren't related to rosenfels by any chance are you?
Onions
Elwood

Post by Onions »

mvscal wrote:
Onions wrote:he'll probably never get a fair shot at a starting job
...because he sucks. He's a 3rd string slappy who dreams of one day working his way up to journeyman backup.
then why did minnesota plan on handing him the starting job until favre decided he wanted back in?
stuckinia
2012 NFL Picks Champ

Post by stuckinia »

Because their other option was Tavaris Jackson, who has no business even holding a clipboard in the arena league.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Felix wrote: ask anybody on this board that I've ever made a bet with whether or not I pay off-you can start with tart, Wags, orc, KCScott, and some others I can't recall immediately...
Just don't take him to dinner... :lol:

--------------------------
Though I do appreciate the time you let everyone donate $10 to their favorite charity in lieu of sending you the cayash for that NFL postseason thingie a few years ago (I was so moved, I actually fired off $25 to the MSPCA)

wow, that's some memory you got there....I can't remember the circumstances but it was adad that suggested we give it to some charity that was in desperate need and he was holding the money...as the winner, I was more than happy to do it.....good on you for your addition to the pot
That's happened a couple times - once after 9-11 I won one of our pools can't remember which one - Wags was treasurer I think and sent the Money to relatives of Canter Fitzgearld.

I wanted it to go to FDNY - shit, I didn't even get to pick the charity... :doh:
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

KC Scott wrote: That's happened a couple times - once after 9-11 I won one of our pools can't remember which one - Wags was treasurer I think and sent the Money to relatives of Canter Fitzgearld.

I wanted it to go to FDNY - shit, I didn't even get to pick the charity... :doh:
That was adad who was holding the money and I believe he did send it to FDNY. But yeah, I suggested it go to the families of the Cantor-Fitzgerald group.

Oh, and Felix, I believe the quote goes like this:
"money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
Great fucking line and ain't that the truth.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

If that's the same event then Jim's alzheimers is kicking in beacuse I won the pool - I wanted to say it was a Playoff fantasy deal, but since 9-11 was in Sept. (duh!) it may have been the year we did Fantasy baseball for cash
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

KC Scott wrote:If that's the same event then Jim's alzheimers is kicking in beacuse I won the pool - I wanted to say it was a Playoff fantasy deal, but since 9-11 was in Sept. (duh!) it may have been the year we did Fantasy baseball for cash
no, different things...the money adad was holding was a $10/person pool on the football playoffs or something and I ended up winning it...whatever, everybody here has been pretty generous

(Scott, see I told you I'd get that $20 back :D Thanks again bro and next time your out, I'm buying)
War Wagon wrote:"money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
yeah, that was it-and it was from The Color of Money, not The Hustler
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
stuckinia wrote:Because their other option was Tavaris Jackson, who has no business even holding a clipboard in the arena league.
I don't about that. He does, on occasion, make some pretty outstanding throws, but he has no consistency at all. He has great arm strength and velocity so I can understand the interest the team has in him. He needs someone like a Mike Holmgren to curb his wild pitches and make better reads.
That's what I said about Kordell Stewart for years. But I was wrong. They need to cut the cord on the Jackson experiment.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Felix wrote:
KC Scott wrote:If that's the same event then Jim's alzheimers is kicking in beacuse I won the pool - I wanted to say it was a Playoff fantasy deal, but since 9-11 was in Sept. (duh!) it may have been the year we did Fantasy baseball for cash
no, different things...the money adad was holding was a $10/person pool on the football playoffs or something and I ended up winning it...whatever, everybody here has been pretty generous

(Scott, see I told you I'd get that $20 back :D Thanks again bro and next time your out, I'm buying)
War Wagon wrote:"money won is twice as sweet as money earned"
yeah, that was it-and it was from The Color of Money, not The Hustler
I believe it was for the weekly pick'em pool. I was holding somewhere around $250 +/-, at $10 a head. After 9/11 I suggested donating the funds and everybody agreed but just not on the charity. The majority wanted it to go to the FDNY fund so that is where it got sent. Wag's got in a snit 'cause he wanted it to go to the Cantor fund. He still tries to poke jabs at me with those scarecrow arms now and then, but it's all good, he generally seems like good peeps and I'd sit down and have a beer with him, just not one of his choosing.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

atomicdad wrote:After 9/11 I suggested donating the funds and everybody agreed but just not on the charity. The majority wanted it to go to the FDNY fund so that is where it got sent. Wag's got in a snit 'cause he wanted it to go to the Cantor fund.
Revisionist history, much?

To set the record straight: You didn't "suggest" or ask that we should maybe send the money to a relief fund. You flat out came in and TOLD everybody that's what you were going to do, whether anyone else agreed or not. That's what pissed me off, the arrogant presumption, not where the cash ultimately went.

And also for the record, I wanted it to go to Cantor-Fitzgerald because I felt at the time that FDNY was going to get plenty of relief effort from all over and wouldn't need it as much.
I'd sit down and have a beer with him...
Likewise.
just not one of his choosing.
depends on who's buying.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

atomicdad wrote: I've sat down and had a beer with him
ftfy....did I buy or did you?

I think we both bought at one point or another :D

how's things bro?
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

In all honesty Wags I took the money and spent it on meth, 40's of OE 800 and a $20 blowjob from a toothless snaggle-faced transvestite.

Greenjeans, pretty sure we were splitting rounds. Been pretty busy at work and just doing a lot of bike riding. Looking for football season to start since the Padres are/have been in full suck mode.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

atomicdad wrote:In all honesty Wags I took the money and spent it on meth, 40's of OE 800 and a $20 blowjob from a toothless snaggle-faced transvestite.
No. I'm sure you sent it to FDNY. I've never questioned your integrity, just your judgement.

Rather than coming in like a dickhead with shortman syndrome and telling all of us how it was going to be, you could have said something like this.

"Hey dudes, I'm thinking maybe we should send the money to a charity 9/11 relief fund, whaddaya say?"

You would have gotten zero negative response.

But no, you had to be barney badass TVO riding your .25 cent pony and tell me how you were going to spend MY money, whether I liked it or not. And you've never copped to the offense.

Fuck that and fuck you. It's been almost 8 years and you still haven't learned, you petulant pissant.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Whoa, easy there scarecrow. Truthfully, I don't remember the exact details as it was 8 years ago, but I do remember that you were and still are the only one with his panties in a bunch over the deal.

Criminy Man, you're going off like I just went out a bought a Toyota, or some other fur'in car.

Anyways be sure to get plenty of fireworks for Saturday, they don't sell jack shit out here in Lo-Cal. Have a happy 4th to you and the other jackasses.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

atomicdad wrote: Criminy Man, you're going off like I just went out a bought a Toyota, or some other fur'in car.
whaddya think he'll say when I told him I bought a Subaru?
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

My guess is Wags would be bugged, but shrug it of as to be expected considering you have established yourself as one of the commie pinkos on this board.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

atomicdad wrote:My guess is Wags would be bugged, but shrug it of as to be expected considering you have established yourself as one of the commie pinkos on this board.
goes without saying
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

atomicdad wrote:Have a happy 4th to you and the other jackasses.
Back atcha. Going to be spending the day on a houseboat with some friends at a local lake, with a huge fireworks display that night. Won't be spending a dime on fireworks myself, though I used to spend major cash on them in the past. What a waste.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

^^^^^^^^^^

Somebody's daughter is all growed-up!

:lol:

Aw, what the hell, Wags, the Fourth of July only comes once a year, right?

I've got three teenagers that would furiously defend the value of a box mortar shells and a good launch tube at a cost that probably comes in a bit less than your chunk of the houseboat.

Still, a day on the water is infinitely rackable!

Happy Fourth to you and yours, Wags!
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Truman wrote: Still, a day on the water is infinitely rackable!

Happy Fourth to you and yours, Wags!
Thanks Tru. Same to you.

Now if the weather would just cooperate. I'm used to it being HOT on the 4th, which makes the view on the lake much more appealing.
Onions
Elwood

Post by Onions »

Onions
Elwood

Post by Onions »

Onions wrote:Bro's going to Vegas, who do you think takes the AFC/NFC/SB?

Considering these:

AFC

Colts 13 to 1 SB / 6.5 to 1 AFC

Titans 19/9.5

Bengals 81/40.5 (love their draft)

(Pats but they are 6/3)

NFC

Eagles 15/7.5

Vikes 17/8.5

Saints 21/10.5

Falcons 21/10.5

Packers 29/14.5