Is Van a "fraud"?????

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Is Van a "fraud"?????

Post by Blueblood »

As Dins pointed out in another thread... Vannie had no idea that the PAC 10 didn't go EVERY team til 05'.... just about the time he started posting here....

This is the same "liar" that says he's been posting here in the "College Football" forum since 1999.... ?????

huh ?

Van is the ultimate BANDWAGON $C fan... slowcal.

If someone can find a post of Vannie's from 04' or earlier.... I'll never post here again.

If not, Vannie has to stop SPAMMING this forum with his news from YAHOO he gets everyday.

Sin,

Mother Teresa
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Re: Is Van a "fraud"?????

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Considering that: (a) this board has only existed since 2005; and (b) all the predecessor boards are no longer accessible; it looks to me like the only "fraud" here is your challenge. Just sayin'.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

You're just pissed because when you post your lies about NoCal, he skewers you of a quickness.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

For the record, m2, I never said I've been posting here, in this forum, since '99. I said I've been posting about college football on these boards (meaning, the Jim Rome smack boards, and all its offshoots) since sometime in the late '90s.

shutyomouth, Buc, socalvansmack and even Terry will confirm I've been posting about USC and college football from well before '05.

Otherwise, in a sense, yes, I am a bandwagon USC fan. See, I became a fan of USC when I was eight years old, growing up in L.A. That would've been in 1972, when USC won the national title with what was arguably the greatest college football team of all time.

Being a little kid growing up in L.A., yeah, it was a fairly natural course of events that I fell in love with my hometown heroes, especially since I was already a huge fan of ancient Rome, Greece and ancient history in general.

My choice at the time was USC, and everything they represented to an eight year old kid...

-Warrior looking cardinal and gold colors, with a warrior on the helmet

-The Song Girls

-The white horse with the Trojan warrior

-The baddest war march fight song in the land. I'm talking about "Conquest," not "Fight On." "Spirit Of Troy" also kicks ass.

-The biggest, baddest team in the country, at the time, with stars with nicknames like "Batman" (Richard Wood)

-Rose Bowl champions, as USC destroyed Woody Hayes and the mighty Ohio St Buckeyes, and I saw it on my family's tv.

...or I could go with UCLA, and all they represented...

-Baby blue and gold colors, with a cursive "UCLA" on the helmet. Baby fucking blue. How gay.

-A gay looking bear mascot, wearing a preppy looking sweater. He and his fat bear wife looked like Abercrombie & Fitch rejects.

-A gay, loopy, the-circus-is-in-town sounding fight song, which doesn't sound any less gay and loopy in L.A. than it does when played in Berkeley, where, of course, such a gay fight song originated.

-Losers. USC were clearly winners, and The Gutties were clearly their bitch.

So, who would you have picked to be your team, in 1972, as an eight year old growing up in L.A.?

Scratch that. You would've picked Cal, and just plain suffered.

Who would most people have picked as their favorite, being only eight years old and growing up in L.A., in 1972?

Yeah, I jumped on that bandwagon. That was a no-brainer. Isn't that how a lot of people pick their favorites, by glomming on as a child to the successful local team?

Thing is, I've been a USC fan ever since. The bandwagon thing ceased to be an issue, decades ago.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

every time a fake person talks to me, i tell him my life story.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Hey, he's someone. We may not who, exactly, but some real person there is addressing a post to me.

SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The kid from Oaks Christian decomitted from Cal this week.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Van wrote:Thing is, I've been a USC fan ever since. The bandwagon thing ceased to be an issue, decades ago.
:lol:

Only 30 or so-plus years? Pfffttt.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

SoCalTrjn wrote:The kid from Oaks Christian decomitted from Cal this week.
Tosh told him to look around when he committed.

He can't really look around with a Cal ring on.... now can he ?

Free trips around the country for a high school kid... is money.

$C wanted this kid bad... and it ain't gonna happen. He's a bright kid.

He's solid Cal.

the truth
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

To answer 2oodles' question, Van has been posting about USC football at least since the Rome boards in '99/'00 timeframe.

Fwiw, I'd be more inclined to trust Van's knowledge of BTPCF than I would somebody who hangs out with the likes of:

and

War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

jesus, Terry what's next?

""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Fwiw, I'd be more inclined to trust Van's knowledge of BTPCF than I would somebody who hangs out with the likes of:

and

So I hang out with a commercial and a 80's band ?

Hmmmmm....

Well, I guess that's a tad better than hanging out with and getting married to this

Lakita Jackson Crapchester

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/s6z85Xxhfb8&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/s6z85Xxhfb8&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

the truth
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

m2, seriously, how did you ever come to locate that video?? Were you specifically looking for something like that, and you figured out a way to find it (what the fuck search heading did you use??) or did you just somehow stumble onto it?

Either way, how on earth did you end up there??

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Van wrote:m2, seriously, how did you ever come to locate that video?? Were you specifically looking for something like that, and you figured out a way to find it (what the fuck search heading did you use??) or did you just somehow stumble onto it?

Either way, how on earth did you end up there??

I typed "What's worse than Notre Dame scheduling 3 wins against the service academies" ?

It came back with Terry's wife.

the truth
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

m2ool,

Van's a Southern Cal lifer. You calling him a fraud isn't irony, it's you blowing irony.

Or Traveler.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

socal wrote:m2ool,

Van's a Southern Cal lifer. You calling him a fraud isn't irony, it's you blowing irony.

Or Traveler.

Pretty much... but, I still love this song

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HcOZ6xFxJqg&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HcOZ6xFxJqg&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

the truth
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

This is more "California" speed...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ldyx3KHOFXw&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ldyx3KHOFXw&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Which speaks to the fact that I need to get my ass across the street to meet a long legged girl in about 15 minutes....

This is mo' slowcal.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7U2mvoh8j4M&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7U2mvoh8j4M&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

the truth
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

socal, where did you find this...

...which is the only known surviving picture of Tim Conway perched atop Traveler.

Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Blueblood wrote:Pretty much... but, I still love this song

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/HcOZ6xFxJqg&co ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/HcOZ6xFxJqg&co ... edded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Not surprising, since that video is essentially your entire life condensed into 3:00.

And that is . . .

the truth
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

King Crimson wrote:jesus, Terry what's next?

Find a Ren Faire or windchimes in that video, and yes, I'll post it in 2oodles' honor.

Alternatively, if you want to start a "Greatest One-Hit Wonders of the 80's" thread, I suppose I'm game for that as well. :wink: