Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Re: 2005

Post by Van »

As numbers go, you can go ahead and fuck yourself, 2005.

-USC Fan
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

some numbers from a Michigan blog.....

It has been over 50,000 days since Ohio State has outranked Michigan in academic prestige. Technically this one could be set to "infinity" (∞), but I decided to measure it since Ohio State opened its doors in 1870.
It has been 14,419 days since Woody Hayes brought the "best team in college football history" into Ann Arbor and lost to former assistant.
It has been 11,095 days since The Ohio State University has needed to fire a coach for punching an opposing player.
It has been 6,383 days since Ohio State has had a native son return a punt for a touchdown against them and strike a Heisman pose.
It has been 3,054 days since Ohio State has fired a Hall of Fame coach with an overall winning record because he could not figure out a way to beat Michigan.
It has been 2,488 days since a former Ohio State football player has been arrested for disrupting and interfering with a flight crew causing an emergency landing of a commercial airline.
It has been 1,229 days since Jim Tressel has led his team to a bowl game victory.
It has been 1,054 days since Art Schlichter has been released from prison.
It has been 1,010 days since Maurice Clarett has been in custody.

Labels: Ohio State
Fail
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Academic smack? RACK.

~Toolio
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

05 was a bad year for the human spirit, and poor taste in MNC's.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

King Crimson wrote:05 was a bad year for the human spirit
You can say that again.

Sin,

ESPN & ABC calling USC the greatest team in history.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I've got nothing to combat that number...it's been all Buckeyes for much too long.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

RadioFan wrote:
You can say that again.

Sin,

They were one first down away from making that statement a fact, at least in terms of that USC team being a part of the best sustained team in history.

The '04 team was still better than the '05 team, anyway, but with just one additional first down or one stop on D they're the first three peat in modern history, including two straight perfect seasons. Were it not for a triple O.T. loss on the road, early in '03, they would've been looking at three straight perfect seasons.

Yeah, with just one more first down, they would've had a legitimate claim to being the greatest team in history. As USC was steamrolling towards another perfect regular season in '05, ESPN wasn't that out of line in bringing it up. USC came damn close to casting it in stone.

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Van wrote:
RadioFan wrote:
You can say that again.

Sin,

They were one first down away from making that statement a fact, at least in terms of that USC team being a part of the best sustained team in history.

The '04 team was still better than the '05 team, anyway, but with just one additional first down or one stop on D they're the first three peat in modern history, including two straight perfect seasons. Were it not for a triple O.T. loss on the road, early in '03, they would've been looking at three straight perfect seasons.

Yeah, with just one more first down, they would've had a legitimate claim to being the greatest team in history. As USC was steamrolling towards another perfect regular season in '05, ESPN wasn't that out of line in bringing it up. USC came damn close to casting it in stone.
I gained a lot of respect for Carrol for going for it on 4th down. I knew once we got the ball back we were going to score and I knew the only way USC wins was to keep the ball away from Vince.

It's still the greatest college game of all time I know Nebraska and Miami might try and argue as would FSU and Notre Dame but nothing has come close to the drama of that game.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Vito Corleone wrote:It's still the greatest college game of all time I know Nebraska and Miami might try and argue as would FSU and Notre Dame but nothing has come close to the drama of that game.
You're forgetting about the '88 ND-Miami game that ND won 31-30 and which springboarded them to their last national championship. Imho, that was the greatest game of all time.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Springboarding to a national championship isn't as big as the actual national championship.

In any case, the USC-Texas game can't be the greatest game ever. How could it be, when it was the worst game ever.

:evil:

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

I enjoyed OSU/Miami more than USC/Texas.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Me too.

Then again, I also enjoyed neuro spinal fusion surgery more than USC/Texas.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

OSU/Miami was just better football, plus the added drama with OT and since OSU was supposed to lose by 30. SC/Texas were on equal footing, so either team winning that game wasn't going to be a surprise. Still, it was certainly dramatic but was like watching a video game with VY running around like he was inside a pinball machine.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

As much as I hate to revisit it, USC/Texas was bigger and better. It was more of a game for the ages, because of who was involved, plus it didn't end on a controversial call.

Then there's the fact that OSU says they also got screwed, earlier, otherwise Miami isn't in a position to get screwed, themselves.

That Miami/OSU game would make my Top 10, and maybe my Top 5, but it wouldn't be number one. For starters, I'd put the Nebraska/OU Johnny Rodgers game from the early 70s above it.

I'd put USC-Texas #1, but that's mainly because of the magnitude of the game. The stars, the teams, the setting...what was at stake.

Otherwise, I'd put that Boise St-OU game as the greatest game I ever saw. That was the one game where towards the end of the game I was just laughing, saying to myself, "I can't believe I'm watching this. This is incredible. This is fiction."

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

There's almost no way to approach this subject from a purely 100% objective viewpoint. Almost everybody will cite their "best game of all-time" as a game that involved their team, or a team they had some rooting interest in. Hell, even this thread in an early stage proves that.
As much as I hate to revisit it, USC/Texas was bigger and better. It was more of a game for the ages, because of who was involved, plus it didn't end on a controversial call.
Bigger, in terms of hype and marquee? No doubt. Better? It wasn't, at least not for me.
Then there's the fact that OSU says they also got screwed, earlier, otherwise Miami isn't in a position to get screwed, themselves.
Meh. I don't think that took anything away from the game. Especially since no real objective viewer (that I've heard from) thought OSU didn't legitimately win that thing outright. If anything, the "controversy" will add to the legend of the game as people will continue talking/arguing about it many years from now.
That Miami/OSU game would make my Top 10, and maybe my Top 5, but it wouldn't be number one. For starters, I'd put the Nebraska/OU Johnny Rodgers game from the early 70s above it.
Can't argue with you there, as I wasn't around for that one. My perspective is obviously limited to a shorter window of time. I'm not going to go toolio and reference games/players I didn't even see, or have no clear memories of. My earliest memories of CFB were growing up in Sarasota, cheering for the Seminoles. The '93 FSU-Neb Orange Bowl would probably rank in my top 5.
I'd put USC-Texas #1, but that's mainly because of the magnitude of the game. The stars, the teams, the setting...what was at stake.
What was at stake was no different than what was at stake in OSU-Miami, or any other NC game. What was at stake was a title.

The teams? Miami and Ohio St - those programs and their prestige - aren't exactly chopped liver. Maybe not quite to the extent of USC/Texas, in part due to combined shorter histories, but they're still pretty fuggin' up there.

The star value? I'll give you that one, for sure. Though that Miami team was loaded, OSU was lacking a little in that department, relatively speaking, especially at the qb position (which is the one position, above all, that will bolster the ESPN/ABC hype machine and instantly make the game soooooooo much bigger and more interesting than it actually is). Krenzel just wasn't cutting it in that department. Still, I'd argue the whole "david v goliath" factor was just as much if not more appealing. It's simply a different factor, is all. It's also that factor that made, in part, the Boise/OU game so great. When team A isn't even supposed to compete with team B, and is not only competing but on the edge of victory, late in the game, with the ball and driving down field before capturing the W.......yeah, that's instant classic stuff right there.
Otherwise, I'd put that Boise St-OU game as the greatest game I ever saw. That was the one game where towards the end of the game I was just laughing, saying to myself, "I can't believe I'm watching this. This is incredible. This is fiction."
Oh yeah, without question. That's one game in which a zero rooting interest played no factor in just how enjoyable and great that game was. And THAT'S how you know you've got a game for the ages. Put all the other bullshit factors aside -- the GAME itself was just awesome.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Mgo, the USC-Texas game was for more than just a national title. It was for a coronation. USC wins that game, they go down as the greatest team in the modern era, over a sustained period.

A lot of media people would've also wrongly called that '05 the best team ever, but there would've been no doubt that the run they would've completed with that win would've stamped them as the greatest team of the era. (They arguably still are, anyway, but a win there would've sealed the deal.)

History was at stake in that game. Then, as is so rarely the case, the game actually lived up to the hype.

Moreover, it's hardly just fans of the teams that are voting that game #1. It's #1 in the majority of the "Greatest Game Ever" lists we always see. Even when it's not #1 it's nearly always ranked above Miami-OSU.

It's just the combination of the hype, and living up to the hype.

One other thing...

A college football legend was born that day. VY was already enormous, but with that game he rose to the top as maybe the greatest player in Rose Bowl history, and arguably one of the greatest players in the history of college football. He's now in everybody's Top 5 all time college QBs, primarily based on what he capped off with that performance.

That game, and his little scamper into the end zone to win the game, that's now postage stamp material. There are no such indelible moments or images from OSU-Miami, except for a blown pass interference call.

The moment, the historical event, it simply wasn't as big in Miami, as that moment in Pasadena.

Btw, one other game I might place above OSU-Miami would be the 31-30 Nebraska-Miami title game, when Osborne elected to go for two and the win, rather than kicking the PAT. That game kicked off Miami's great run, it was a phenomenal game and it was just a ballsy fucking call by Osborne.

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

If this remains about our own personal opinions, and the personal enjoyment that WE got from these games, and not about all the hype and what other fans and media members thought -- well, there is no way anyone can be "right" or "wrong" on the subject. It's all subjective, and it always will be.

SC's "coronation" would have mattered little, anyway, to non-SC fans or anyone not on ESPN's payroll. Can't say I would've given a good goddamn.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:If this remains about our own personal opinions, and the personal enjoyment that WE got from these games, and not about all the hype and what other fans and media members thought -- well, there is no way anyone can be "right" or "wrong" on the subject. It's all subjective, and it always will be.
Granted. No arguing that.
SC's "coronation" would have mattered little, anyway, to non-SC fans or anyone not on ESPN's payroll. Can't say I would've given a good goddamn.
Those types of "historical" discussions never do matter, obviously. Nobody wins anything tangible for coming out on top of an all time list, or whatever.

Muhammed Ali, Joe Louis or Rocky Marciano?

The '72 Dolphins, '85 Bears, '78 Steelers or '94 Niners?

Wilt, Kareem, Russell, Oscar, Magic or MJ?

None of these debates matter, and they'll never be officially settled. Still, they're there. They'll always be there. As sports fans, we live for that shit.

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I can't put the Oklahoma BSU game in the same breath as the 2k5 Rose bowl, the drama was there but the stage wasn't for the MNC and that is the big difference. I wouldn't even put it up there with Texas/Nebraska for the Big 12 championship. I would however put it above Miami/Boston College which was a pretty big game. I can't comment on any game before 1977 since I didn't start watching college football till then. My top games of all time would be

1. Texas USC 2005
2. Miami OSU 2003
3. Nebraska Miami 1984
4. Miami Penn State 87
5. Texas/Nebraska 96

I think the big thing about all these games is that the underdog won everyone of them

My top non-championship non-Texas games are

BYU/Miami 90 Dietmer won the Heisman on this game
Notre Dame/Miami 86 or 87 Tony Rice was the Qb and beat the unbeatable Miami team
Oklahoma/Boise State
Boston College/Miami 85ish This game won Doug Flutie the Heisman
SMU/BYU 80ish holiday bowl SMU had the Pony Express BYU won on a hailmary play
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Vito Corleone wrote:I can't put the Oklahoma BSU game in the same breath as the 2k5 Rose bowl, the drama was there but the stage wasn't for the MNC and that is the big difference.
That's why I said, "otherwise." I'd already said it wouldn't go down as the greatest game ever, because it wasn't an important enough game.

Otherwise, it was the best game I ever saw.

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Vito Corleone wrote:I can't put the Oklahoma BSU game in the same breath as the 2k5 Rose bowl, the drama was there but the stage wasn't for the MNC and that is the big difference. I wouldn't even put it up there with Texas/Nebraska for the Big 12 championship. I would however put it above Miami/Boston College which was a pretty big game. I can't comment on any game before 1977 since I didn't start watching college football till then. My top games of all time would be

1. Texas USC 2005
2. Miami OSU 2003
3. Nebraska Miami 1984
4. Miami Penn State 87
5. Texas/Nebraska 96
lol. i thought Big XII championships didn't mean anything and BCS games were everything, vito? you have argued that elsewhere, quite a bit in fact. yet another ridiculous chapter in vito's all-horn circular logic and rhetorical plasticity dog and pony show.

Texas finished the 96 season ranked #23 (with a loss to 3-8 Oklahoma). so, i think we can all agree what a tremendous, all-timer that game was by vito's own criteria. one of the top 5 *championship* games of all-time, pay attention folks. there was a lot at stake in that one....that coveted #23 on the line.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

King Crimson wrote:
Vito Corleone wrote:I can't put the Oklahoma BSU game in the same breath as the 2k5 Rose bowl, the drama was there but the stage wasn't for the MNC and that is the big difference. I wouldn't even put it up there with Texas/Nebraska for the Big 12 championship. I would however put it above Miami/Boston College which was a pretty big game. I can't comment on any game before 1977 since I didn't start watching college football till then. My top games of all time would be

1. Texas USC 2005
2. Miami OSU 2003
3. Nebraska Miami 1984
4. Miami Penn State 87
5. Texas/Nebraska 96
lol. i thought Big XII championships didn't mean anything and BCS games were everything, vito? you have argued that elsewhere, quite a bit in fact. yet another ridiculous chapter in vito's all-horn circular logic and rhetorical plasticity dog and pony show.

Texas finished the 96 season ranked #23 (with a loss to 3-8 Oklahoma). so, i think we can all agree what a tremendous, all-timer that game was by vito's own criteria. one of the top 5 *championship* games of all-time, pay attention folks. there was a lot at stake in that one....that coveted #23 on the line.
If I am not mistaken, in 96 Texas was coached by Mackovic and OU by Blake. 2 shitty coaches that never did squat. The difference is that we actually won the Big XII with a shitty coach and you guys sucked ass. That was a good game as NU was an incredible favorite, 20+ points if I am not mistaken. Texas had lost to OU. That's why it was such a shock when we won. No one, and I mean no one gave us a chance to win this game. Yet, we did. Being an OU fan, you must know how it feels to be an incredible favorite and shit the bed, (sup KSU, LSU, BSU, WVU). The call on 4th down and 3 was a gutsy call and it made Mackovic's career. NU fan lost out on the MNC because of this game. So of course, Vito is being ridiculous. Take off the Crimson glasses. It was a great game.

For all your Big XII championships you have the same number of MNC's as Texas since the start of the Big XII, 1.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/igWLuCfPnc4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/igWLuCfPnc4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>/[/youtube]

Yeah, what a bullshit game. :meds:
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i admit it was a great game.....but, to say it's a top 5 of all-time is absurd. also, more importantly, vito has been yammering away about how meaningless OU's Big XII championships are compared to UT's record in BCS games for a really long time and then to issue *Big XII championship* as a decisive qualifier is homerism, hilarious, and untenable contradiction.

where's aTm over KSU? 6th?
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Also, even by Vito's reasoniing, c'mon, a BCS bowl game is bigger than a Big XII championship game. Boise St beat OU in a BCS Bowl game. That trumps Texas beating Nebraska in a conference game. Plus, obviously, the Boise St game was a much better game. The Texas win over Nebraska was only really noteworthy to homer fans. The game itself didn't go down in the annals of college football as being an all time great.

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Van wrote:Also, even by Vito's reasoniing, c'mon, a BCS bowl game is bigger than a Big XII championship game. Boise St beat OU in a BCS Bowl game. That trumps Texas beating Nebraska in a conference game. Plus, obviously, the Boise St game was a much better game. The Texas win over Nebraska was only really noteworthy to homer fans. The game itself didn't go down in the annals of college football as being an all time great.
Actually it did since it was the 1st conference championship game for the Big 12. and as Harv mentioned Texas was 20+ point underdog in that game. The drama was there not only because Texas won but also how they won.

But after thinking about it, I would drop the Texas/Nebraska game below the Miami/Alabama game, only because I just remembered about that game and how Bama took the canes to the woodshed.

BTW I do believe we established that all this is subjective and how can I be wrong for voicing my opinion?
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Listing "woodshed" style asskickings means you're not paying attention to the point of the thread, which is "great games," not games you merely enjoyed. So, yeah, your opinions are duly noted, and duly dismissed.

:mrgreen:

Also, no, merely being the first Big XII CCG doesn't render the game "greatness" status, nor does the fact that an underdog won. Upsets happen every week.

Great games, Vito, not unusual circumstances, or pleasing outcomes.

Texas-Taco Tech, that was a great game. Texas-Missouri, not so much. See if you can you spot the difference.

Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

Van wrote:Listing "woodshed" style asskickings means you're not paying attention to the point of the thread, which is "great games," not games you merely enjoyed. So, yeah, your opinions are duly noted, and duly dismissed.

:mrgreen:

Also, no, merely being the first Big XII CCG doesn't render the game "greatness" status, nor does the fact that an underdog won. Upsets happen every week.

Great games, Vito, not unusual circumstances, or pleasing outcomes.

Texas-Taco Tech, that was a great game. Texas-Missouri, not so much. See if you can you spot the difference.
The game itself was well played. A 30-27 game with a few minutes to go. 4th and inches....everyone knows Texas is going to run......and then, Brown play action, rolls left, Derek Lewis is wide open, 70 yard gain. Next play was a Priest Holmes 10 yard TD run. Preist had 3 TD's that day and ran for 160+ yards against a defense that was giving up less than 40.

NU that year was unbeatable. That is what the media thought. Kind of like 2005 when USC was dubbed the greatest team of all time...before the game was played. This loss cost NU the National Championship.

Outcome aside, it was a great game.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Harvdog, that's a much better argument than the one Vito posited.

Even so, it still doesn't let Vito off the hook for his Miami-Bama "woodshed" game pick. :lol:

TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Harvdog wrote:
King Crimson wrote:

1. Texas USC 2005
2. Miami OSU 2003
3. Nebraska Miami 1984
4. Miami Penn State 87
5. Texas/Nebraska 96

If I am not mistaken, in 96 Texas was coached by Mackovic and OU by Blake. 2 shitty coaches that never did squat. The difference is that we actually won the Big XII with a shitty coach and you guys sucked ass. That was a good game as NU was an incredible favorite, 20+ points if I am not mistaken. Texas had lost to OU. That's why it was such a shock when we won. No one, and I mean no one gave us a chance to win this game. Yet, we did. Being an OU fan, you must know how it feels to be an incredible favorite and shit the bed, (sup KSU, LSU, BSU, WVU). The call on 4th down and 3 was a gutsy call and it made Mackovic's career. NU fan lost out on the MNC because of this game. So of course, Vito is being ridiculous. Take off the Crimson glasses. It was a great game.

For all your Big XII championships you have the same number of MNC's as Texas since the start of the Big XII, 1.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/igWLuCfPnc4&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/igWLuCfPnc4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>/[/youtube]

Yeah, what a bullshit game. :meds:
That 4th and 1 play was by far the WORST play in the history of college football. What a fucking dumbass Mackovic was. It's no surprise his career ended up an epic failure when you make calls like that. I love how people call it "gutsy" or "best call ever". No, if you think that just because a play works that made it a good call you're a cocksucking dumbass. Personally, if I were the Texas AD, I would have run on the field after that play and fired the shit out of him for being so god damn stupid.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

TheJON wrote:That 4th and 1 play was by far the WORST play in the history of college football.
How about this one?

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JxdDsFDFSsY&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JxdDsFDFSsY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

:bode:

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

the worst call of all-time is at 4:29 of this video. .40 left in the game, 4th and 2 1/2, 17-10 UT, OU OC Watson Brown uncorks this misdirection stinker. 1994. I watched this game at the Walrus (bar) in Boulder and had to go to work after it ended. not nearly drunk enough and pissed off for a Saturday night of slinging veal and chicken picattas for the Bourgeoisie. i remember it like it was yesterday, or 15 years ago. jesus.

this call, this game was the end for Gary Gibbs. finish 6-6, 0-6 against ranked teams.

"
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Van wrote:Were it not for a triple O.T. loss on the road, early in '03, they would've been looking at three straight perfect seasons.

The PREGAME: Strawberry Canyon

Rack Tedford and the B-MAN.

"Fuck $C and Fuck LA"!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_fShwQlANc&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/R_fShwQlANc&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The Game: Bear Territory

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/mT3YwLCMUOU&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/mT3YwLCMUOU&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

The Result: "Counting Crows" at the 2:30 mark.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOp7XOjnvgE&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wOp7XOjnvgE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Mr. Jones: = "the truth".

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WYN74ZW4k_E&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WYN74ZW4k_E&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

the truth
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

talking smack about 2003 with counting crows from the early 90's.

wow. state of the art.
"
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

King Crimson wrote:talking smack about 2003 with counting crows from the early 90's.

wow. state of the art.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aw4_4H83Pok&hl ... ram><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aw4_4H83Pok&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

At least Cal can beat and stay competitive against the "Pro football" team from south central.

That can't really be said of the the "Sooners"... now can it ?

the truth
"A Renfair douche should NEVER offer up opinions involving BIG TIME POWER CFB, since FeKal doesn't play BIG TIME POWER anything. I apologize to the entire BTPCFB Forum for my feeble commentary."
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

yeah, you are right. some powerful shit the way always do.

that makes a lot of sense....when you say it like that. Counting Crows redeemed as ultimate smack down band of logicians, hard hitters and skull fuckers everywhere.
"
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I gotta admit, I actually do like "Mr Jones." It's one of the few songs from that era that I like, at least among songs with male vocalists.

Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

King Crimson wrote: some powerful shit the way always do.

Huh ?

Is that "Okie" English ?

King Crimson wrote: that makes a lot of sense.... Counting Crows
You do know where they're from ???

Maybe not. Your an "Okie".

the truth
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Okies are the people who left, yo.
"
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

King Crimson wrote:Okies are the people who left, yo.

Actually, "Okies" are from "Oklahoma".... and ended up in Bakersfield because they were the smart ones.

Do you have clan in Bakersneck ? Or were you one of the slow ones ?

the truth