So long, Pontiac

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

So long, Pontiac

Post by War Wagon »

:( :( :(

Guess we'll never see the likes of Trans Am or Firebird again, which I never had the pleasure of owning.

I do currently own a Grand Prix and a Grand Am and I guess I'm now driving dinosaurs. Thing is, they've both been pretty good cars, so far anyway. Man, there are a lot of Pontiacs on the road today...

So how many of you goat rapers have ever owned a Pontiac, or still do?

Fuck you GM. Fuck you for mis-managing your business and producing shitty cars for so long that it's now come to this... the extinction of an iconic American nameplate.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Re: So long, Pontiac

Post by Wolfman »

I bought a new 1979 Pontiac Grand Prix, pretty good car except for an underperforming v-6 engine. I sold it to my oldest son in 1985 for $1 and he put in a big block Chevy V-8 that really rocked. Adios Pontiac-it's been a good ride. Pontiac heads off into auto heaven with the Plymouth, DeSoto, Nash--etc. !!
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

So, the new camaro won't have a twin with giant fire chicken decal on the hood?

I'm shocked.

Next up, mercury, who should have been put out of their misery right around 1970.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

War Wagon wrote:Guess we'll never see the likes of Trans Am or Firebird again, which I never had the pleasure of owning.
Owned a '79 Trans Am 4-speed with a Pontiac 400 motor (6.6) in the mid-80s. It could do 100 mph in 3rd gear, and donuts/Rockford Files reverse turns without even trying. Was hella fun to drive as a 20-something, until I let a "friend" borrow it and he blew the engine. :x
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Well, with Pontiac out of the way, Madison Ave can now redouble their efforts to woo blacks to McDonalds.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

What gripes me is that I just bought the '07 GP in June of last year and thought I was getting a deal. I did get a deal...

But now the same dealer is advertising '08's for $2,500 less. Fuck me, timing is everything.

Now's the time to go out and rape your local Pontiac dealer. They'll be desperate.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Van wrote:Well, with Pontiac out of the way, Madison Ave can now redouble their efforts to woo blacks to McDonalds.
I have no idea what this means, but if I were TVO, I'd just unleash an epic "you're a racist fuckstain" blast and leave it at that.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Obviously you do know what it means, and you're also aware of Madison Ave's penchant for targeting blacks with specific products. Their targeting of McDonalds and Pontiac to blacks is hardly news.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Sheesh, I guess that means I'm black.

I'm going to need some lessons on how to act the next time I'm in the drive thru at McDonalds in either of my Pontiacs... I feel so inadequate.
Louis Cyphre
Elwood

Post by Louis Cyphre »

My first car was 1978 Trans Am with a Pontiac 400 and a 4 speed.
I have no idea what this means, but if I were TVO, I'd just unleash an epic "you're a racist fuckstain" blast and leave it at that.
Wags, perhaps our friend Van was referring to the Pontiac acronym:

Poor
Old
N(mvscal)
Thinks
It's
A
Cadillac
"Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul."
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

WW wrote:Sheesh, I guess that means I'm black.

I'm going to need some lessons on how to act the next time I'm in the drive thru at McDonalds in either of my Pontiacs... I feel so inadequate.
You probably are, but that's neither here nor there. The point is advertising. Pontiac didn't specifically target your white, middle aged, midwestern ass. McDonald's recent campaign of "urban" oriented, hip-hop themed commercials starring blacks, those are also not targeting you.
Last edited by Van on Tue Apr 28, 2009 2:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm white trash?

Shit, I hope my Mexican next door neighbors don't find out. Armando would be so dis-illusioned the next we barbeque.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

My last two cars have been Grand Ams. The one I have now has been paid off for close to two years now and I hope I can milk another two years out of it before I upgrade. I'm probably going hybrid or foreign-made. This one less than 116K miles so it has quite a bit of life left in it. I've had this one for over 6 years and I had the previous one for 3 or 4 years. In my dozen years of driving, I've had a Ford, a Chevy and the two Pontiacs.
Mrs. Vogel
Crack Whore

Post by Mrs. Vogel »

://sob
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

Van wrote:Well, with Pontiac out of the way, Madison Ave can now redouble their efforts to woo blacks to McDonalds.

:?

Even better you can feather out your mullet and start touring the state fairs again with your cover band Van Hagar.

:D
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Sudden Sam wrote:had tranny probs and the interior was falling apart piece by piece.
I laughed.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

only bad thing about Pontiac's is you had to keep a look in the rearview mirror and make sure you weren't leaking parts

other than that, they were fuking money
get out, get out while there's still time