Guy I know just got DUII number 4.

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Guy I know just got DUII number 4.

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

Friend of a friend. At age 31. Anyone know someone that can top that?
Screw_Michigan

Re: Guy I know just got DUII number 4.

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Childhood friend from the old block did three years in 00-03 in minimum security for armed robbery after robbing a BK drive-thru (sorry FTDC). That's about it.
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

This cop I knew that posted on a message board got in serious trouble for entertaining some strippers on his shift.

This other guy I knew that posted on a message board got shitfaced in Utah. Then while flying back to his home city was filmed on a reality television show recieving complaints from passengers that he smelled like shit. He was forced to take a sink bath before being permitted to board the plane.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Friend of a friend. At age 31. Anyone know someone that can top that?
An ex-college bud of mine racked up at least 5 DUIs. I say at least 5 because the last accurate skinny I have on him is from 2003. I know he's stupid enough to have done it again in the last 6 years. Furthermore, he twice racked up a second DUI before the previous one had been resolved in court.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Nowhere near the volume level that others have cited, but the sheer stupidity and arrogance of this is beyond breathtaking.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

So he can't stay away from booze to responsibily drive. Booze has him so enslaved he's willing to kill, be killed, go to prison or die. Sounds like powerlessness to me.

He's boozes bitch and pretty soon booze might trade him to Bubba.

I think he should be willing to go to any lengths to stop drinking, that is, unless he's hell bent on tossin' some salad. Is your friend's name Beecher ?
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Anyone with multiple should be doing long jail time.

Title of this thread should be Stupid fucking idiot, irresponsible, asshole, etc, etc, etc, just got DUI number 4.
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
XXXL
Rainmaker

Post by XXXL »

Your friend has pockets deep enough to finance 4 dueces? The price tag on a single duece is enough to make most offenders think twice about taking the chance of a second or third... Hopefully the BA is at or about .10, makes it easier to mount the defense. I have difficulty defending the BA's between .13 and .15.......
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Know a guy who racked up at least 7 DUI's between the age 19 and 25. Some were reduced, some dropped but ended up with a 15 year license revocation. He got his license back a year ago and is already back to DUI 2nd offense. On his second DUI this year....he also decided to tack on Flight to Avoid Arrest, Resisting Arrest, and Refusal to Test charges.

I told the guy if he's going to let alcohol destroy his life, quit driving and risking taking other's lives. Guy agrees when he's sober but obviously turns into a fucking goon when he drinks.

Nebraska law now gives stiffer fines and/or imprisonment for testing twice the legal limit or higher. It's called DUI-aggravated if you test BAC of .15 or higher. I
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

A guy I know has had 5 DUI's and two driving while under suspension.

He's done 3 stints in the can for it.

It's been two years now since his last bust (driving under suspension charge) and he only has one more year to go before he gets his ticket back.

Bets are he gets caught before he gets the ticket back.

Oh ya, on top of the 5 DUI's he had 2 DUI's before he turned 18 which were expunged from his record because they happened while he was considered a minor..

Strangely enough, he can't understand why he has had a hard time keeping a job.. go figure.. :meds:
H4ever
Eternal Scobode

Post by H4ever »

Forgot about the dude who has had 13 driving during suspension (subsequent to dds convictions he already racked up).

Problem is, statute only allows for 1 yr in prison maximum sentence and he knows once he's got one dds, he can keep driving and get them all combined in a plea agreement.

I say any traffic offense after the 5th one (including speeding) you should get 5 years in the can because you have blatant disregard for the law.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Left Seater wrote:Anyone with multiple [DUIs] should be doing long jail time.
And how long do you think is right for a second, third, fourth DUI and why?
Please show your work.
Thanks.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Moving Sale wrote:
Please show your work.
Thanks.
two weeks for the second
two years for the third
ten years for the fourth
life for five

Dude has proven he is going to drive drunk if there is booze and a car available. He will eventually kill himself and probably take someone else with him if given the opportunity. The first one is a gimme. If you can't learn that lesson after the second you don't deserve to be let loose in public.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

How the fukk do you "show your work", you brainless fukking dipshit?

It's not like you break out some fukking calculus equation to find an answer. Society simply passes a law saying that if you take part in such moronic behavior X number of times, you will go up the creek for X amount of time.

My take? I say first offense, nice fine and a suspension. 2nd, you do a short stint in the hole. 3rd, lock your ass up for atleast 6 months, lifetime license ban. Do it again and they shoot you in the fukking head. Seriously.

You implement such a policy and you will see a whole buncha fukkers either get sober or start taking the bus.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Dui is not a mistake....not in this day & age. But in the interest of leniency I'd give two weeks for the first. Second would result in a one year 366 day term (at least in cali, so that it's not a wobbler), and five years for the third. If someone who kills while driving after drinking can be charged with murder (as they should be), why don't we treat the other cases as they should be...attempts?
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

It's inevitable, but we all are going to eventually know that one guy that we used to post on a message board with, that flipped out and shot up his workplace or a government building.
Diego in Seattle
Rouser Of Rabble

Post by Diego in Seattle »

Papa Willie wrote:After 2, you should lose your license for about 2 years.

3 or more - you should never be allowed to drive again.
Yeah, because people (especially dui convicts) never drive w/o a valid license. :meds:

Imbecile.
“Left Seater” wrote:So charges are around the corner?
9/27/22
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote:
Please show your work.
Thanks.
Mikey, made some good suggestions. However, I would say two weeks for the first. Move each of his other down one DUI and we are good.

You want to see my work? How about my dad was killed by a guy who was driving drunk and had zero DUIs on his record. Some estimates say that most people will drive over over the legal limit 5 times before getting a DUI.
Diego in Seattle wrote:Dui is not a mistake....not in this day & age. But in the interest of leniency I'd give two weeks for the first. Second would result in a one year 366 day term (at least in cali, so that it's not a wobbler), and five years for the third. If someone who kills while driving after drinking can be charged with murder (as they should be), why don't we treat the other cases as they should be...attempts?

They can now be charged with Murder in most states, but that wasn't always the case. My father's killer was brought up on manslaughter charges but still did many years, thanks to my mom's outstanding lawyer.
ADAM
still pays, but gets no sex anymore

Post by ADAM »

Q, West Coast Style wrote:Friend of a friend. At age 31. Anyone know someone that can top that?

Don't have the energy to post a pic....too lazy

The Almighty sez" yer focked"

Dudes either looking at state time or thats the most expensive beer he's ever had.... :bode:
The only right answer to a fool is silence
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Left Seater wrote:You want to see my work? How about my dad was killed by a guy who was driving drunk and had zero DUIs on his record. Some estimates say that most people will drive over over the legal limit 5 times before getting a DUI.
There's a reason we don't let victims families choose the form of punishment/compensation in this country. It's so we don't end up like this.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

smackaholic wrote:How the fukk do you "show your work", you brainless fukking dipshit?
By telling me why you think your way is the right way.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Left Seater wrote: How about my dad was killed by a guy who was driving drunk and had zero DUIs on his record.
Anecdotal evidence, that's just fucking great. Any other fallacies you want to use to prop up your position?
Some estimates say that most people will drive over over the legal limit 5 times before getting a DUI.
Got a link for that?
And how many times do people drive DUI without hurting anybody?
Anything else that might hurt you that you want to throw people in jail for? Speeding? Distracted driving? Owning a gun? Flying?
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Diego in Seattle wrote: Second would result in a one year 366 day term
There is no such sentence in CA.
(at least in cali, so that it's not a wobbler)
You don't even know what a wobbler is do you?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Way back when, a guy I know got 3 in one week.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Dinsdale wrote:Way back when, a guy I know got 3 in one week.
Bad week for you eh?
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Moving Sale wrote:
Left Seater wrote: How about my dad was killed by a guy who was driving drunk and had zero DUIs on his record.
Anecdotal evidence, that's just fucking great. Any other fallacies you want to use to prop up your position?
Some estimates say that most people will drive over over the legal limit 5 times before getting a DUI.
Got a link for that?
And how many times do people drive DUI without hurting anybody?
Anything else that might hurt you that you want to throw people in jail for? Speeding? Distracted driving? Owning a gun? Flying?
You can claim it is a fallacy all you want. Those who have met me in person will let you know how seriously I take Drinking and Driving. Skull can tell you the price of a taxi from downtown OKC to O'Connells and back. There are also plenty of stories about my dad being killed but I am not going to link you to them so you can go stalker on me.

Also notice I said some estimates, as there is no way to accurately determine how many times a person has driven over the legal limit before being pulled over. Sure people have driven drunk and gotten lucky. Someone speeding multiple times should prolly do some jail time too.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Moving Sale wrote: You don't even know what a wobbler is do you?
Industrial Workers of the World, right?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Left Seater,

All he's saying is that your personal "feelings" on the matter lead you to the logical fallacy of "appeal to emotion".

Sometimes, often in fact, that actually works in passing legislation and could potentially be used to argue for stiffer penalties. Take MADD for instance. Just realize that someone in the crowd will point out "That's a logical fallacy" and still others, won't care.

Out of curiousity, have you EVER driven a car under the influence of alcohol ?
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:Way back when, a guy I know got 3 in one week.
Funny. Couple of weeks back, there was a woman visiting from the U & L that got cracked here for three DUIs in about two days in three different jurisdictions. Tell your mom she's got you beat. A guy was in the paper yesterday for his 8th.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Left Seater wrote:You can claim it is a fallacy all you want.
You mean becuase it is?
Also notice I said some estimates, as there is no way to accurately determine how many times a person has driven over the legal limit before being pulled over.
Then STFU about it.

~~~~~
Tom In VA wrote:Left Seater,

All he's saying is that your personal "feelings" on the matter lead you to the logical fallacy of "appeal to emotion".
No I was calling it anecdotal cause it was. I hadn't even gotten to appeal to emotion. I didn't want his shitty little brain to explode.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Without having any impossible to produce supporting evidence, I'd say the correct ratio of people driving drunk (legally over the limit) vs getting a DUI is something more along the lines of 25:1, or even 100:1.

Countless people do it, habitually. It's similar to people who drive 80+mph every day of their lives, who then get self righteous about getting a ticket for doing 62mph in a 55mph zone.

Barflies drink and drive. Alcoholics drink and drive. Late night revelers drink and drive. The overall ratio is nowhere near as benign as 5:1.
Last edited by Van on Mon Apr 06, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

I've actually heard of a real live "Johnny Fever", guy actually drove better after having a few beers.

Of course he was alcoholic and in withdrawal so "the shakes" and other "nervous conditions" needed to be quelled before he could successfully operate a vehicle.

The classic story is of the co-founder of AA, Dr. Bob. Dr. Bob was a proctologist, Bill Wilson had spoken to him about alcoholism and he considered himself advised and "willing". Yet upon attendance at a convention he proceeded to get snockered up. When he returned, he was met by his wife and Bill Wilson, and was shaking like a leaf. Bill Wilson gave him a beer or two to stop the shakes so he could perform the surgery. That was the last time Dr. Bob ever drank.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Didn't we used to have a really good poster here, named Dr Bob? That name sounds familiar.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

We did. Probably a coincidence though.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Tom In VA wrote:Left Seater,

Out of curiousity, have you EVER driven a car under the influence of alcohol ?

Emotion often is what it takes to get things done. Further I feel I have every right to any emotion on the subject.

As for EVER driving a car under the influence there are two times I have, although most of you would not consider it as under the influence of alcohol. Once after a single beer I drove a friend home, although there was 30 mins between finishing the beer and driving. The other time was a glass of wine and driving back to my hotel after an hour wait. As I pointed out above, there is plenty of eye witnesses from this board that know how seriously I take drinking and driving.

On a trip to OKC I met Skull and OUMO and some of their friends in Norman. I took a cab from my hotel in Downtown OKC to the place we had drinks. I gave the cabbie his fare and a tip. I then ripped a $50 in half and told him he could have the other half if he came back to pick me up at 1:00am He did.

Similar stories with Shine and Blind Ref.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Sudden Sam wrote:
Van wrote:Didn't we used to have a really good poster here, named Dr Bob? That name sounds familiar.
Forgot about him. Nice fella. Seems like he was a young guy...mid-20s (that's young, right?). Became a doc whilst posting in here. Not due to his posting, but concurrently with his posting period.
That's not the same as bobinsorryexcuseny is it?
Worked in a mortuary and did unspeakable things to the cadavers?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Left Seater,

Thanks for your honesty. As a reformed drunk and of course, drunk driver, I only have one DUI. Were it not for good luck, I probably would have had more, or worse had been involved in killing someone or maiming them.

There is no excuse. People who drink casually, or even alcoholics, don't sit and say "Hey I'm going to get drunk, then drive home or to the next party and get locked up or maybe even kill someone". You see there is no "intent", in fact it's the opposite. Once the booze enters the system, more often than not "judgement" or the quality of that judgement degrades. The focus becomes, doing what you think need to do, NOT "Uh oh, I'm inebriated I better not chance it". Even if that thought enters the mind it is usually followed by the rationalization "I'm not a bad person, certainly I don't intend on hurting anyone, I'm incapable of hurting someone, it won't happen to ME".

Very self centered focus, indeed.

Anyhoo, when I did my "time", all I could think about was how lucky I was that I never had to be the cause of someone else's death, that it was pure luck add to that I was only caught once, and that I better quit while I was ahead. Since the compulsion to drink has been removed from me, I haven't had to drive drunk.

It just seems to me that only people who "get it" are the victims of drunk driving accidents and occassionally drunk drivers who get pain inflicted by way of the law. They say pain is the touchstone of all growth. My driving drunk was a selfish, thoughtless, self-centered act based on the false notion that because I didn't INTEND on hurting someone - I wouldn't - arrogant pride. I'm grateful I don't do it anymore.

It just seems to me, based on observation, that normally good productive people still drink and drive. Cops, lawyers, judges, doctors, politicians (okay they're not good or productive ;) ) etc.. etc.. And usually, unless there's is serious bodily harm done to someone they continue to do it. Often times, never even being held accountable. With that said, good luck with your sentencing guidelines.
Left Seater

Post by Left Seater »

Tom you are the one that should be thanked for your honesty.

You are correct that most are never held accountable. Many complain about their community service and the hardships of getting insurance etc. Emotion was brought up earlier and your comments back it up. I think it is only by people seeing the emotional side of it will things ever change.

Sadly even when there is an opportunity to learn most will just clown around with it. Look no further than the wrecked cars put on display at College and HS campuses. 100 times a day there will be someone posing like they were seriously injured in the accident car, while someone else takes their picture. Meanwhile they totally miss the message.
Moving Sale

Post by Moving Sale »

Left Seater wrote: Emotion often is what it takes to get things done. Further I feel I have every right to any emotion on the subject.
So you have no reason why you think DUI should be illegal except that you're pissed off......still. That is just great. Now STFU you vapid fucktwit.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

+1 for Lefty for drawing out the "vapid"
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...