It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mac22
Elwood

not another feel good high school sports story

Post by Mac22 »

this is funny as hell

http://www.bukisa.com/articles/48761_il ... ayoff-loss

"I can't understand why they didn't tell us before about the uniforms," he told the paper. "This is the most painful loss I've had since I've been coaching."
i call bullshit on not being told before. I have officiated high school sports in two states for 7 years. between the two sports i ref, i would estimate that i mention to coaches some part of their uniform being illegal once a year for each sport. their typical reply is the same as this one. i always show them the rule book and say that the other officials weren't doing their jobs then. i don't really care, it doesn't affect my game. i would hate to have it cost them come tournament time like this team if a team gets called on it and i officiated them earlier in the year.
Last edited by Mac22 on Tue Mar 24, 2009 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Statistics are like bikinis. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital."

If teachers made twice as much as rock stars, which would you rather be?

There are two motivations in sports... which one is yours?

GOSD

Re: not another feel good high school sports story

Post by GOSD »

mvscal doesn't care, they all look the same when your staring at the taint of some high school black baller.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

"This is the most painful loss I've had since I've been coaching."
Yeah, so painful that you sent your team out ... the very next DAY, in the same damn uni's.

LOL

North Lawndale wore the same uniforms in its third-place game against Leo the next day and again was assessed a technical foul. As before, the team fell behind 1-0 before tipoff, but this time it won, 91-77.
Wolfman
Dumpater Artist

Post by Wolfman »

Currently working high school softball and football (40th season coming up) I can attest to the lameness of some of the uniform rules. Looking at the photo of the team's unis, I don't see how a scorer or ref could not tell what number the player was wearing. I believe many of these rules were thought up after a few too many martinis at the rules committee's lunch.
"It''s not dark yet--but it's getting there". -- Bob Dylan

Carbon Dating, the number one dating app for senior citizens.

"Blessed be the Lord my strength, which teaches my hands to the war, and my fingers to fight."