Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

You have 7 minutes

Post by Vito Corleone »

Can you name the top 26 college programs with the most wins

http://www.sporcle.com/games/college_football_wins.php

I took it and got 23 of 26
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: You have 7 minutes

Post by SunCoastSooner »

The only one I missed was the mid major in the second column. I got West Virginia in the last few seconds. I did miss a couple of guesses in there that weren't on the list though.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

I missed three.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

impressed, much less than you guys.

19. ouch. after the first 10.......misspells, working on the laptop

edit: unnecessary comment
Last edited by King Crimson on Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

You got ALL 26 College Football (I-A) teams with the most all time wins. See the most missed!
Email this game to your friends!
Or perhaps you want to play again. Time remaining:Give up?
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

88 wrote:I missed Colorado.
Colorado has been pretty good. have some good to very good eras. the late Eddie Crowders's Buff's lost 2 games in 71 and finished #3 in the nation. losses were to Nebraska and Oklahoma.

the amazing thing about CU is that they never grew the AD to match the national success/revenue that McCartney had from 88-94. instead, they fat-catted it and pocketed the revenue and didn't do squat. now, they are paying for it.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

25/26. Missed Army. :? Oh well, it's still early, and I wasn't thinking as much historically. Had quite a few wrong guesses, particularly after I hit the wall at about 21.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:25/26. Missed Army. :? Oh well, it's still early, and I wasn't thinking as much historically. Had quite a few wrong guesses, particularly after I hit the wall at about 21.
A Notre Dame fan missed Army... you should be ashamed!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

you could have spotted me 25 of the 26 and given me 10 min and I never would have pulled Miami, Oh out. What in the world would make anyone know them?
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Something is wrong. I typed in Cal and Iowa repeatedly and it never took them.

:?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Left Seater wrote:Something is wrong. I typed in Cal and Iowa repeatedly and it never took them.

lol.
"
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

21 of 26...I went through the BCS conferences in my head and somehow I forgot LSU, Auburn and Alabama. I'm shocked Florida State and Miami-FL weren't on there. I wouldn't have gotten Army and Miami-OH unless I had more time to go through all of D-IA.

Fun game nonetheless...lots of fun stuff on that site to kill some time.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Shoalzie wrote:21 of 26...I went through the BCS conferences in my head and somehow I forgot LSU, Auburn and Alabama.
Shoalzie! How the hell could you forget ALABAMA?!?!?!?!

Yeah, that's pretty bad...I know. I've played a few of those games on that site after that and there's always a few answers after the game is over where you go "how in the hell did I forget about that?".
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

SunCoastSooner wrote:
Terry in Crapchester wrote:25/26. Missed Army. :? Oh well, it's still early, and I wasn't thinking as much historically. Had quite a few wrong guesses, particularly after I hit the wall at about 21.
A Notre Dame fan missed Army... you should be ashamed!
Vito Corleone wrote:you could have spotted me 25 of the 26 and given me 10 min and I never would have pulled Miami, Oh out. What in the world would make anyone know them?
By the time I got to that point, I was pretty much guessing. I had run through the entire BCS and was a few short. I then remembered that Miami of Ohio was "the cradle of coaches" and figured they probably had to have a pretty successful program, from an historical standpoint anyway, to have earned that moniker.

But I got Miami of Ohio and missed Army. :doh:
Left Seater wrote:Something is wrong. I typed in Cal and Iowa repeatedly and it never took them.

:lol:
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Shoalzie wrote:21 of 26...I went through the BCS conferences in my head and somehow I forgot LSU, Auburn and Alabama. I'm shocked Florida State and Miami-FL weren't on there.
26? I couldn't name more than 2-3 teams in my state!

Sin,
JSC
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

I missed 2 (663 and 649) but I forgot to put something in for 649 that would have gotten it.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Shoalzie wrote:I'm shocked Florida State and Miami-FL weren't on there.
Most of us are aware that there are a number of schools that were once powers but aren't any longer. Where our memories fail is with the opposite scenario -- too often, we assume that teams that have been powers during our lifetime always were powers.

Florida State is a prime, albeit extreme, example of that. IIRC, Florida State only admitted female students until the 1940's or 1950's, so they're a relative latecomer to college football. In fact, when I lived in Jacksonville, many of the old-time Gayduh fans were still referring to FSU, derogatorily, as "the girls' school."

Miami is slightly different. No problem with male enrollment there that I'm aware of. But Miami only became a power in the 1980's. Before that, they fielded a number of teams that were mediocre, or worse.

Having said that, a coupla points are in order. First, I did guess both FSU and Miami (as I said, once I nailed the no-brainers I was in guessing mode). Second, although I tend to think of both Virginia Tech and West Virginia as being in the nouveau riches category of football powers along with Florida State and Miami, both of those schools made the list.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Nice.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I was in NoCal the other day when Kal got Terped...again. I laughed my fool ass off.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

I missed WVU and Miami of Ohio.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

OK, I didn't do it... just stopping in to RACK Lefty.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BlindRef
Fuck State

Post by BlindRef »

I missed one...I didn't get North Carolina.
Those who stay will be champions.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

SoCalTrjn wrote:
You got ALL 26 College Football (I-A) teams with the most all time wins. See the most missed!
Email this game to your friends!
Or perhaps you want to play again. Time remaining:Give up?
'Fess up. You guessed San Diego State, San Jose State, Long Beach State, Fullerton State and Cal Poly-SLO before you got some of the non-California schools, didn't you?
Degenerate
Eternal Scobode

Post by Degenerate »

Missed Miami, Colorado, VT, and GT.