Top 5 Presidents of all time

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Top 5 Presidents of all time

Post by Left Seater »

So this question is being posed elsewhere, but until it is discussed by this expert panel, it isn't complete.

So give you top 5 and if you need to your worst 5.

Top 5

1. Lincoln
2. Washington
3. FDR
4. Jefferson
5. Reagan
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Re: Top 5 Presidents of all time

Post by Cuda »

Top 5:

1. George Washington
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Calvin Coolidge
4. Ulysses Grant
5. Ronald Reagan

Bottom 5:

5. Woodrow Wilson
4. Gerald Ford
3. Either of the Roosevelts
2. Lyndon Johnson
1. Jimmy Carter

Barack Obama will bump somebody off the Bottom 5 list within the year
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Washington
Jefferson
Lincoln
Truman
Reagan
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Best

1. FDR
2. Lincoln
3. Truman
4. Washington
5. Jefferson

Worst

1. Harding
2. Nixon
3. Fillmore
4. Buchanan
5. Pierce

Smirky McFlightsuit will be on the latter list eventually, but in fairness, it's too early to put him on right now.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Q, West Coast Style
Eternal Scobode

Post by Q, West Coast Style »

R-Jack wrote:In no particular order.

Jefferson
Kennedy
FDR
Clinton
Harding

10 points to whoever connects the dots.
My guess

Jefferson: Jungle Fever
Kennedy: MM
FDR: Polio didn't cripple the third leg
Clinton: Like FDR, married to a lesbian so you can't really blame him
Harding: Since he's on this list I'm guessing he exercised his executive priviledges as well.
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

To those that put Reagan on the top 5 Presidents of all time: You have to be the dumbest fucking sheep. Do us all a favor and hurry and die. I don't want my tax dollars going to your social security and I sure as fuck am tired of you driving on my roads.

I'll even give Jizztube Squeezing mvscal a reply off, because he had enough sense not to put that average president on his list.

Christ! What a bunch of dumbfucks you are.
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

Cuda wrote:Top 5:

1. George Washington
2. Thomas Jefferson
3. Calvin Coolidge
4. Ulysses Grant
5. Ronald Reagan

Bottom 5:

5. Woodrow Wilson
4. Gerald Ford
3. Either of the Roosevelts
2. Lyndon Johnson
1. Jimmy Carter

Barack Obama will bump somebody off the Bottom 5 list within the year
Why don't you save us all a bunch of time and just copy and paste Limbaugh letters instead of trying to fool us that you are a living, breathing human being.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

GOSD wrote:I don't want my tax dollars going to your social security...
No problem, you can just keep the tips you get delivering pizza's and we'll call it a wash.
I'll even give Jizztube Squeezing mvscal a reply off, because he had enough sense not to put that average president on his list.
That's probably because he didn't post a list of his Top 5, you paste eating idiot.

So where's your list?
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

War Wagon wrote:
GOSD wrote:I don't want my tax dollars going to your social security...
No problem, you can just keep the tips you get delivering pizza's and we'll call it a wash.
That's probably because he didn't post a list of his Top 5, you paste eating idiot.

So where's your list?
So, you also realize the potential dumbfuckery mvscal could potentially post if he included Reagan. That average ass president spent his later years serving as president not even knowing who he was.

My top 5? Go fuck yourself.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

best

1. Washington- There is no US, without George. He was one of the richest men in the country and he risked it all by standing up to the brits. Dude had the biggest set of balls in the history of the nation. Hard to believe what sackless wonders we put in his job today.
2. Lincoln- We'd quite possibly be 2 countries without him.
3. Ike- Great general. Too bad we didn't heed his warning about letting the whores in congress work the military industrial complex as hard as they have.
4. Reagan- I have my problems with the gipper, but, he did take over the mess handed him by Carter and restore the country's pride.
5. Truman- Actually not that great a pres, but, atleast he had the nads to bitchslap the japs. Also, he didn't mince words. He pretty much let people know how he felt. Don't you wish we had just a tiny bit of that today. Somebody that outspoken wouldn't make it past the town council today.

worst

1. FDR- He really got the nanny state ball rolling
2. LBJ- Doubled down on FDR's nanny state and turned nam into a clusterfukk.
3. Carter- Good person. Tried real hard, but, he was in wayyyyyy over his head.
4. JFK- If he didn't catch that bullet, he's likely a one term guy, best known for bumbling the cuba situation.
5. Andrew Johnson- Fukked up the post civil war period.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

smackaholic wrote: 1. Washington- There is no US, without George. He was one of the richest men in the country and he risked it all by standing up to the brits. Dude had the biggest set of balls in the history of the nation.
Yep.
2. Lincoln- We'd quite possibly be 2 countries without him.
or 6. We'd be divided up like CFB conferences yet the SEC would still be ballsucking homers.
4. Reagan- I have my problems with the gipper, but, he did take over the mess handed him by Carter and restore the country's pride.
Not to mention ended the Cold War, effectively leaving the U.S. as the only remaining Superpower. Ronnie pwned Gorbachev.

5. Truman- Actually not that great a pres, but, atleast he had the nads to bitchslap the japs. Also, he didn't mince words. He pretty much let people know how he felt. Don't you wish we had just a tiny bit of that today. Somebody that outspoken wouldn't make it past the town council today.
Truman was pretty humble, but I loved "The Buck Stops Here" line. He saved thousands of American lives by forcing Japan to surrender.
Harry Truman wrote:Some of the Presidents were great and some of them weren't. I can say that, because I wasn't one of the great Presidents, but I had a good time trying to be one, I can tell you that.
KC Scott

Post by KC Scott »

Here's the definitive word on the Bottom 10

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... 46,00.html
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

KC Scott wrote:Here's the definitive word on the Bottom 10

http://www.time.com/time/specials/packa ... 46,00.html
In fairness, I think Time is promoting it as the ten "most forgettable" Presidents, not necessarily the ten "worst" Presidents. Helps to explain, at least in part, the absence of any modern President from the list.

While most of the Presidents on the list were not great or even necessarily good Presidents, one of the Presidents on that list, Chester Arthur, actually was a pretty good President. Certainly a much better President than anyone expected him to be.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Top 5

1. Washington
2. Lincoln
3. FDR
4. Jefferson
5. TR

Worst 5

1. Buchanan
2. Filmore
3. Pierce
4. Tyler
5. Andrew Johnson

It is very possible that after giving Dumbya a 20 year waiting period to properly begin to assess his damage errr "record" that he might well bump Johnson off the worst 5.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

mvscal wrote:
War Wagon wrote:That's probably because he didn't post a list of his Top 5, you paste eating idiot.
No, I didn't, but he doesn't make the list. I give him a C+. He is highly overrated because he had the great good fortune to bat clean up after Schleprock Carter and be in office during the inevitable collapse of the Soviet Union.

Best

1. Washington
2. Lincoln
3. Jefferson
4. FDR (his direction of the nation through WW2 was masterful.)
5. Coolidge
Son of a bitch! I have no idea what to live for now that I found a more idiotic poster than you.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

mvscal wrote:
War Wagon wrote:That's probably because he didn't post a list of his Top 5, you paste eating idiot.
No, I didn't, but he doesn't make the list. I give him a C+. He is highly overrated because he had the great good fortune to bat clean up after Schleprock Carter and be in office during the inevitable collapse of the Soviet Union.
Minor nit, but the Soviet Union didn't actually collapse until Poppy Bush was in office.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

The soviet union officially shit the bed while bush was minding the store, but, it did most of it's dieing during ronnie's term.

Did ron kill them singlehandedly?

No.

Sure didn't hurt having him there, though.

I am guessing that a second term of jimmah followed by fritz, would have resulted in their hanging around quite a bit longer.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

1. Gerald Washington
2. Ted Kennedy
3. Dana Carvey
4. Hillary Clinton
5. Henry Ford

- Miss Teen South Carolina
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
mvscal wrote:
Minor nit, but the Soviet Union didn't actually collapse until Poppy Bush was in office.
The fall of the USSR may have been inevitable, but Reagan hastened the collapse and pushed them over the edge. He'll be remembered more for his 1987 Berlin speech "Mr. Gorbachev... tear down this wall" but where he really started kicking the dominoes over was at the 1985 SALT negotiations in Rejavik when he refused to concede jack shit to Mother Russia.

I'll always remember him storming out of those meetings and everybody was all like "oh shit, Ronnie just went and started a nuclear fucking war". In reality, he had started the process of ending that threat.

People today may not realize what it was like living under the constant threat of nuclear annilation, but I remember it quite well and it sucked. Our MAD strategy (mutually assured destruction, in the event of a first strike) was just that. Fucking insane. This country lived under that threat for 40 years and it ended during Reagans' watch and with his direction.

So yeah, Ronnie will always be on my Top 5 Presidents list.
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Post by Mr T »

Top 5
1. Atkinson
2. Harrison
3. Washington
4. Jefferson
5. Lincoln

Just missed the cut Andrew Jackson
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

1. Franklin
2. Grant
3. Jackson
4. Hamilton
5. Lincoln
6. Jefferson
7. Washington

OK Franklin was never President. But he should have been...and he's on the $100 bill.
And Hamilton is on the $10. Good enough for me.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Mikey wrote: OK Franklin was never President. But he should have been...and he's on the $100 bill.
:lol:

Mikey, you have your moments.
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

War Wagon wrote: The fall of the USSR may have been inevitable, but Reagan hastened the collapse and pushed them over the edge. He'll be remembered more for his 1987 Berlin speech "Mr. Gorbachev... tear down this wall" but where he really started kicking the dominoes over was at the 1985 SALT negotiations in Rejavik when he refused to concede jack shit to Mother Russia.

I'll always remember him storming out of those meetings and everybody was all like "oh shit, Ronnie just went and started a nuclear fucking war". In reality, he had started the process of ending that threat.

People today may not realize what it was like living under the constant threat of nuclear annilation, but I remember it quite well and it sucked. Our MAD strategy (mutually assured destruction, in the event of a first strike) was just that. Fucking insane. This country lived under that threat for 40 years and it ended during Reagans' watch and with his direction.

So yeah, Ronnie will always be on my Top 5 Presidents list.
What I love about dumbshits like you, is that you don't seem to allow facts to ever get in the way of your ignorant spewing douchebaggery of shit. It's kind of hard to say the Soviet Union is collapsed and Ronnie is the second coming when shit like this is occuring:
http://www.iht.com/articles/reuters/200 ... A-ARMS.php

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7759892.stm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/7751562.stm

Don't let reality get in the way, you fucking dipshit!
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:1. Franklin
2. Grant
3. Jackson
4. Hamilton
5. Lincoln
6. Jefferson
7. Washington

OK Franklin was never President. But he should have been...and he's on the $100 bill.
And Hamilton is on the $10. Good enough for me.
By that logic, you should have put ol' Thomas Woodrow Wilson into your #1 slot.

"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Kind of a lame exercise. What are the metrics ?

Washington, by all accounts was a superior leader.

I'm a bit jaded on Wilson, FDR, Truman. Lincoln gets the nod for obvious reasons.

Reagan ? I think mvscal has it in the proper perspective.

RACK Mikey for the "Dead Presidents" angle.

Washington
Lincoln
Ike
Kennedy
Haig(for those brief precious moments when he was in charge)

BSmack,

RACK
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Tom In VA wrote:Kind of a lame exercise. What are the metrics ?
Metrics? This is obviously a subjective exercise. How else can you explain Reagan's inclusion on so many lists?

In the real world, historians use all sorts of metrics to evaluate Presidential "greatness". But the most common metric is how effectively a President used the power of the Presidency to both advance his agenda and to protect the US from harm.
How about McKinley isn't he on the 500,000 bill ?
Nope, he was on the 500 dollar bill.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Washington -- a truly dreadful military leader who lost every single battle except one.

Lincoln -- a melancholic closeted homosexual who succeeded in destroying half the country rather than allowing it to properly and naturally form its own nation.

Truman -- perhaps the stupidest and least qualified person to hold the office until the Chimp.

Reagan -- already showing signs of senility when he took office, he presided over the most thoroughly criminal administration until the Chimp, and succeeded in setting America's economy on its course of ruin.

Nixon -- paranoid and weak, he allowed international criminal Kissinger to run rampant in various campaigns of genocide.

And the list goes on. Frankly, there's no point in attempting to compile a list of Top Presidents, as each has been part of some dreadful criminal policy or another. And too the listing of all the criminality--both overt and passive--would threaten to overload the server. Many presidents have attempted some noble gesture--a few have sought to preserve our natural resources, for example. But that's about it.
Before God was, I am
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Washington -- a truly dreadful military leader who lost every single battle except one.
Were that even remotely true, it would still be irrelevant. As are the rest of your opinions.

Tell me, did your history profs laugh in your face? Or did they have the courtesy to do it behind your back?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

LTS TRN 2 wrote:Washington -- a truly dreadful military leader who lost every single battle except one.
Which "one" was that, Saratoga or Yorktown?
Truman -- perhaps the stupidest and least qualified person to hold the office until the Chimp.
Less qualified than Obama?
GOSD

Post by GOSD »

War Wagon wrote:
Less qualified than Obama?
You think Reagan is one of the greatest presidents of all time. Shut the fuck up.
Jerkovich
Please pay attention to Me

Post by Jerkovich »

BSmack wrote:
did your history profs laugh in your face?
Seriously, He was taught history by Red Diaper Doper Babies, why would they laugh?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:
Pssst!

Washington had more than one win, but it wasn't at Saratoga. Depending on which source you read, credit for the victory at Saratoga goes to either Horatio Gates or Benedict Arnold.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Jerkovich wrote:
BSmack wrote:
did your history profs laugh in your face?
Seriously, He was taught history by Red Diaper Doper Babies, why would they laugh?
I've listened to enough of Michael Wiener in passing to know that his minions occupy the same rung on the evolutionary ladder as the LTS of the world. You're both stupid for different reasons. Quit fucking with the gene pool and just kill yourselves.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BSmack wrote:
War Wagon wrote:
Pssst!

Washington had more than one win, but it wasn't at Saratoga. Depending on which source you read, credit for the victory at Saratoga goes to either Horatio Gates or Benedict Arnold.
Psst!

It was a trick question.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Toddowen wrote: I feel like being one irritating fuck-wit....more so than usual.
Sorry to burst your bubble, but even on your worst day, you bring more to the table than the truely irritating fuckwits here.

Trust me, the competition has you lapped.
Van
2012 CFB Bowl Pick Champ

Post by Van »

Jsc810 wrote:
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Frankly, there's no point in attempting to compile a list of Top Presidents, as each has been part of some dreadful criminal policy or another. And too the listing of all the criminality--both overt and passive--would threaten to overload the server.
Go fuck yourself, you worthless waste of life.
You know you've done something when you've managed to make someone as classy and well mannered as Jsc abandon his usual stately southern demeanor.

Congrats, LTS, you just managed to get Will Rogers to tell you to go fuck yourself.
Joe Satriani is a mime, right? - 88

Show me your dicks. - trev
dingus
Jake

Post by dingus »

Well, I'll play:

Bottom 5 first, starting with the worst:

1. Gibbering fucktards of the 1850's leading to the CW: Fillmore, Pierce, Buchanon. Geez fellas, nice nuts-at least Pierce had the excuse of being a drunk.
2. Nixon. Paranoic evil fuck who confirmed that Americans can't trust their govt. We've never recovered.
3. Carter. Nutless sack of shit, the cumulative response to the growing sacklessness of people in this country. Response to Iran and the hostage situation set the stage for Islamic terrorism.
4. Grant. Probably a good guy--well, maybe Southerners didn't think so--the fact that he didn't sign a bill that would have protected the buffalo in 1873 just pisses me the fuck off. His friends and family made corruption a profession.
5. John Adams-seriously, the Alien and Seditions Act, from the guys who rebelled against the tyranny of the English government? Should have been better than that-then sunk to the lowest of lows in the campaign vs. Jefferson.

G.W. Bush and Clinton may well get into the bottom 5-GW for his pronounciation of nuclear and Clinton's economic machinations and half ass response to the growing threat of Islamic terrorists while getting a smoker from a fat intern.

Top 5-first being, well, first:

1. Washington-the perfect meld of self interest and principle. Stones clanged together when dude walked, or banged skanks other than his OL who looked like an early day Barbara Bush. In giving up his comission he established forever the precedent of the submission of the military to civilian government at a time he could have been king.
2. Lincoln-saved democracy, and the nation that would save the world in the 20th C. survived the 19th. Wrested power from Congress and did what had to be done to save the Union.
3. Theodore Roosevelt-my personal favorite because of the amount of public land preserved during his administration and for the first time made it appear to some degree that government was on the side of the people. Actual war hero, too, not some Swift boat, reporter/photographer, National Guard pilot or draft dodging chickenshit.
4. James K. Polk-his machinations set the stage for physical possession of the land west and SW of the Lousiana Purchase. Campaign promise was to fight England who would have kicked our ass, made a practical settlment of the border, then picked a fight with Mexico who we knew we could kick the shit out of.
5. Franklin Roosevelt, I guess. Tough pick for me between Jackson, Jefferson and FDR...but negotiating the nation through the Depression and WW II while basically being a dead man since sometime around 1940 gets some props.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Tom In VA wrote:Haig(for those brief precious moments when he was in charge)
Nice.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

dingus wrote:Well, I'll play:
And well played it was. Probably the best take from a shit troll I've ever seen.

We all know that nobody new ever drops in here out of the blue like that... so who the fuck are you, dingus?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote: I would have spared him the indignity...but I was too late. I feel like I should have done more.
<---blink

Woah... Dins acting humble in the CFB forum and now this... I've lost my bearings.

Jsc, if Dins were here, he'd be expounding on the redundancy of "worthless waste".

You got lucky.