Were there dinosaurs on Noah's Ark?

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Were there dinosaurs on Noah's Ark?

Post by Dinsdale »

You just need faith, brother.

There are certain things that science just can't explain, which is where christianity comes in.

You see mvscal, you might try to explain everything through science, but that's where you fall short...

Because God created science.

It was He who created the law that states "matter can neither be created or destroyed"... then went on to prove it by flooding the entire earth with a bunch of water that didn't exist before, and hasn't existed since.

Yeah, they actually do try to sell that one on Sundays.

Yup, so much retardation, so little time.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

heretic....of course there were dinosaurs on the ark

if Ken Ham says it, it must be true

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HajP5pE4BE0

apparently, before the "fall of man" humans and dinosaurs not only lived together, but people kind of adopted them as pets

get out, get out while there's still time
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I did a serious double take when listening to that video, Felix.

"... and in New York, Dr. Lawrence Krauss, a professor at Case Western Reserve University and an advisory board member of the group, CAMPAIGN TO DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION, which opposes the museum."

WHAT??

lol

A "campaign to defend the Constitution" is opposing the museum ... on what grounds???

The museum is not Constitutional?

Anywho ...

I don't have a comment on the topic other than to say, I wasn't there when Noah built the Ark.
I don't know if there were any dino's or not.
The Bible doesn't indicate.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
A "campaign to defend the Constitution" is opposing the museum ... on what grounds???
I assume it has something to do with some of the Kentucky schools busing kids in for a tour of Fantasy Land....you know, that pesky "separation of church and state" provision of the Constitution

insofar as the museum goes, I find the display that shows velociraptor like dinosaurs right next to the playing children using those serrated 5 inch teeth for munching leaves and berries....

sheer, unadulterated, comedic genius
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Dinsdale wrote:
You see mvscal, you might try to explain everything through science, but that's where you fall short...

RACK!
Or should I say amen?

:mrgreen:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

poptart wrote: I don't know if there were any dino's or not.
You can't make up your mind whether humans walked the planet with dinosaurs because you can't reference it with a Bible passage?

You're trolling, right?
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

rozy wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

RACK!
Or should I say amen?

Yup, and God created carbon-dating too, right?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Dinsdale wrote:
Yup, and God created carbon-dating too, right?
nah, that's an atheist lie

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cracks me up when the science "God created" pretty much disproves God's existence...

But the thumpers won't let things like very simple logic and substantial evidence get in the way of KTOA.

So, is God not real, or is he engaged in this massive conspiracy to root out those who aren't "true believers"?

Boggles the mind, eh?

Well, thumpers, while your mulling over this existential conundrum, go ahead and take your smart-mouthed children to the town square to be stoned to death, then we can get back to how much of a "true believer" you are.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Marty wrote:You can't make up your mind whether humans walked the planet with dinosaurs because you can't reference it with a Bible passage?

You're trolling, right?
My point is that God's Word is the beginning and the end.
Man's word is not.

The fact that God's Word doesn't specifically tell us whether any dino's got on the Ark means that it isn't something I need to be much concerned with.

Of course science has declared that dino's lived millions ... or is billions of years ago?
I forget.

People say a lot of things and they delare a LOT of things to be truth.
I'm reminded of God's conversation with Moses, as recorded in Exodus 4.

God: Hey Moses, it's time for you to go and lead my people out of darkness and bondage in Egypt.

Moses: Huh? Me?!? Funny joke, God. Hey, I'm not eloquent. I am slow of speech and slow of tongue. Who am I to do this? Get Dinsdale. They won't listen to me

God: Moses, moron, who hath made man's tongue?

I'm interested in the Words of the One who made man's mouth, and not man's mouth.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Dinsdale wrote:Cracks me up when the science "God created" pretty much disproves God's existence...
Whoa, hold the phone. There IS scientific evidence that God doesn't exist ? Dinsdale, quit wasting your time here. Write a book, do a T.V. show, hit the talk show circuit.

Before you do that, lay that evidence out here, though.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

What's an Ark?
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Rack the Image reset Mikey!

"What's a cubit?"
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

JAY

How long can you tread water?
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

:lol:
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Noah: "What's going on? How come you want me to do all these weird things?"

God: "I'm going to destory the world!"

Noah: "Right! Am I on Candid Camera? How you gonna do it?"

God: "I'm gonna make it rain for a thousand days and drown 'em right out.

Noah: "Right! Listen to this, you'll save water Let it rain for 40 days and 40 nights and wait for the sewers back up."

God: "Right!"
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:
Marty wrote:You can't make up your mind whether humans walked the planet with dinosaurs because you can't reference it with a Bible passage?

You're trolling, right?
My point is that God's Word is the beginning and the end.
Man's word is not.

The fact that God's Word doesn't specifically tell us whether any dino's got on the Ark means that it isn't something I need to be much concerned with.
Who told you the Bible is God's word, idiot?
I recognize God exists the same you recognize it (but just don't admit it), the same way the remote villager in Zimbabwe recognizes it.
Just the way Romans 1:20 describes it.

People ALL recognize, without anyone telling them.
Because man is uniquely created in God's image as a spiritual being.
He instinctively seeks to FILL his spiritual hunger.
It is inevitable and undeniable.

The remote villagers engage in "religious" actions, idol worship.
And they do so without having ever had anyone tell them of a God, let alone about the Bible or Jesus Christ.
This is point #2 in my "six states" thread.

If we videotaped you 24 hrs a day for a week and then played the video we would all see what YOUR idol worship(s) is.

You may be an ambassador to England or France,
You may like to gamble, you might like to dance,
You may be the heavyweight champion of the world,
You may be a socialite with a long string of pearls

But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
Well, it may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

poptart wrote: He instinctively seeks to FILL his spiritual hunger.
It is inevitable and undeniable.
We used to have gills. We got past that too.

poptart wrote: The remote villagers engage in "religious" actions, idol worship.
And they do so without having ever had anyone tell them of a God, let alone about the Bible or Jesus Christ.
When you approach a squirrel in the park, it tends to bolt, because it thinks you're trying to eat it. But you're not. Man is not a natural predator of squirrels (outside of W. Virginia). But the squirrel doesn't know this, because it is ignorant.

The naturally occuring tendency of primitive peoples to believe in the supernatural is a flaw in development.
Like I said, we'll get past it.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote:
Of course science has declared that dino's lived millions ... or is billions of years ago?
and I'm assuming you have something....anything other than a collection of 2,000 year old desert scribblings cobbled together by a collection of bronze age goat herders that would disprove that....

of course you don't-but no amount of scientific "proof" is going to dissuade you from holding on to your beliefs...funny thing, thumpers have the audacity to assert that non-believers are the stubborn ones
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Felix wrote: of course you don't-but no amount of scientific "proof"
Okay, I'll ask you then, where is this proof that God doesn't exist ?"
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Felix wrote:
poptart wrote:
and I'm assuming you have something....anything other than a collection of 2,000 year old desert scribblings cobbled together by a collection of bronze age goat herders that would disprove that....

of course you don't-but no amount of scientific "proof" is going to dissuade you from holding on to your beliefs...funny thing, thumpers have the audacity to assert that non-believers are the stubborn ones
Felix,

I said earlier in the thread ...

I don't have a comment on the topic other than to say, I wasn't there when Noah built the Ark.
I don't know if there were any dino's or not.

The Bible is not a science text, nor is it intended to be.
I can not try to prove any age for dino's to you by citing something from the Bible.

Adam lived to be 930 yrs old, though.

I DO stand by that.

:wink:
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Tom In VA wrote:Okay, I'll ask you then, where is this proof that God doesn't exist ?"
Tom, that's kind of a bullshit question. Since one cannot see, hear, or touch God in a real-world physical sense, it is incumbent upon you, or anyone else who believes, to prove that God DOES exist. After all, where is your proof that HE/SHE/IT does?

I'm trying to keep an open mind about this. My answer is simple...I don't know one way or the other. Faith and truth are two very seperate and different things. Faith is not proof. It is belief, but nothing more.

So then, go ahead and state your case.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Jay in Phoenix wrote: Tom, that's kind of a bullshit question.
In rereading Felix's post, yes, my response directed at him it was a "bullshit question". I misunderstood his statement.

However, it has been stated in this thread, "Cracks me up when the science "God created" pretty much disproves God's existence..."

Therefore, the request for this scientific evidence that disproves God's existence is not out of bounds, as it has been claimed to exist.
Jay in Phoenix
Eternal Scobode

Post by Jay in Phoenix »

Fair answer Tom. Gotta respect it.

That thing about faith, or a belief in God, is that you cannot either prove or disprove the actual existence of a deity. I understand where you were coming from with your response to Dinsdale. Science simply doesn't factor into the equation.

You believe in God or you don't. Or you straddle the fence and say "I'm not sure, but I'd like to believe.", sort of hedging your bet, just in case.

Faith is quirky in that regard.

Just an opinion.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Tom In VA wrote:However, it has been stated in this thread, "Cracks me up when the science "God created" pretty much disproves God's existence..."

Therefore, the request for this scientific evidence that disproves God's existence is not out of bounds, as it has been claimed to exist.

I'll take my lumps for using some poor wording.

But the point remains -- the existence of the christian God is solely theorized in the christian Bible, and it's word is the only guidelines anyone has for a christian belief structure.

And while Jesus' Groupies twist, spin, and make excuses ad naseum as to why certain parts of their rulebook are to be taken as law, while others are "metaphor," or whatever excuse they're using today, they have one very large logical gap that they just can't fill...

The modern science that "God created" disproves beyond any reasonable doubt that just about every "fact" contained in that book is utter horseshit.

The earth is over 5-6000 years old... this is FACT. Regardless whether the Groupies dismiss it with "it doesn't say that."

The Bible makes many mentions of a flat earth... absolutely no debate as to its shape these days.

The entire earth was covered with water at some point -- a scientific impossibility.

I could crash the T1B server listing all of the examples of accepted science debunking so much of what the Bible states as "fact" -- yet the thumpers are willing to discount the idea that about 99% of their belief system is complete hogwash, and take it on faith that the remaining 1% of it MUST be true, because their daddy told them so.

If a faith-based belief system makes a person happy, then I'm all fucking for it. Then again, so is the Constitution of the USA, so I guess it's a good thing. The Thumpers just need to realize that common fucking sense and every accepted facet of science renders their opinions rather comical, so said Thumpers need to realize when it's time to shut the fuck up, and keep their psychosis to themselves.
Tom In VA
Eternal Scobode

Post by Tom In VA »

Dinsdale wrote: I'll take my lumps for using some poor wording.

But the point remains -- the existence of the christian God is solely theorized in the christian Bible, and it's word is the only guidelines anyone has for a christian belief structure.

And while Jesus' Groupies twist, spin, and make excuses ad naseum as to why certain parts of their rulebook are to be taken as law, while others are "metaphor," or whatever excuse they're using today, they have one very large logical gap that they just can't fill...

The modern science that "God created" disproves beyond any reasonable doubt that just about every "fact" contained in that book is utter horseshit.

The earth is over 5-6000 years old... this is FACT. Regardless whether the Groupies dismiss it with "it doesn't say that."

The Bible makes many mentions of a flat earth... absolutely no debate as to its shape these days.

The entire earth was covered with water at some point -- a scientific impossibility.
RACK, I cannot argue with any of that. I would only like to say that in my view the Christian understanding of God with all it's fallibility, is simply just that. A fallible being's understanding of that which was revealed to them. If I may use a metaphor, music, is your passion and something with which you have a great deal of knowledge, so I will use it.

A melody, comes from "somewhere", many artists suggest that the inspiration of a tune doesn't come entirely from within them but rather something they are able to tap into. The beginnings of composing that inspiration often times starts with the actual practice conducted upon one's instrument (Save your sexual innunendo emails, I'm not reading them :lol: ). Just as often, beautiful music, is not "recorded" on sheet music. The music, is the creation. The subsequent attempt to record it on "sheet music" and the conventions used to do so, is the science.

As our understanding of creation - or that which exists - has evolved. Conventions were formed. Methods, the Scientific Method for instance, used to discover that which exists evolved and rendered have been rendered conventional. All of that has evolved to the point where we've all come to accept and acknowledge discoveries made through that method; the nomenclature or language with which we explain what has been discovered, i.e. Science.

It in that respect that I agree with the notion that "The Creator", "created" science. The creator makes all things possible, including the capacity for humans to - evolve, learn, and comprehend - to reach conventions in the language of conveying what is discovered. And what is discovered - is that which has been created. And nobody, because we're "not whole", will ever completely get it right and get is as pure as The Creator.

That's just my opinion. As a "sinner", I agree with your contention, it is not my job to foist upon anyone what I believe and I am not trying to do that. I am moreso trying to explain to you, why I believe. Poor job, I'm sure, but your posts usually cause me to take my inventory and they're always appreciated.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Dinsdale wrote:The modern science that "God created" disproves beyond any reasonable doubt that just about every "fact" contained in that book is utter horseshit.
Complete nonsense.

The Bible does not give an age for the earth.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: The Bible does not give an age for the earth.
pure horseshit....a ten-year old can follow the very explicit chronology of the Bible and simply add up the numbers....

it ain't rocket science
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

One would conclude that it has been roughly 6,000 years since God created the first MAN, based on the chronology given in the Bible.

As for the actual age of the earth, it doesn't say.

Some want to say that the earth is 6,000 years old, based on the creation account given in Genesis.
Others want to say that there is a GAP (of some amount of time) between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2.

Genesis 1:1,2
1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

I might be inclined to believe that there is a gap of time.
Reason being, DARKNESS has set up shop on earth in Genesis 1:2 -- satan -- see Revelation 12:9, please.
The Greek language used in Genesis 1:2 indicates that the earth is in a state of "ruin" -- without form, void, darkness.

So it is a possibility that some amount of time elapsed between Genesis 1:1 and Genesis 1:2, during which time satan was active.
How much time that was, an if there even was a time gap, is speculation.

It's not an issue I'm much concerned with, honestly.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: It's not an issue I'm much concerned with, honestly.
of course you (meaning the vast majority of thumpers) aren't concerned with it...no need to bother yourself with things that might blow a gaping hole in your fairy tale

Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

poptart wrote:One would conclude that it has been roughly 6,000 years since God created the first MAN, based on the chronology given in the Bible.

And we know for certain that this is utter horseshit.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

I'm shocked that all these science fans on here are so quick to discount mokele mbembe.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Michael Chrichton wrote:One of the defining features of religion is that your beliefs are not troubled by facts, because they have nothing to do with facts.