Hey Rumps, after the butt whippin', Daddy JaMarcus spoke

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Hey Rumps, after the butt whippin', Daddy JaMarcus spoke

Post by poptart »

I'm starting to find perverse entertainment value in JaMarcus' post-game media sessions.

Dude sits up there looking like he raided Liberace's favorite closet, with diamond glare buzzin' off of himself from every angle, yet talking like he just hopped off the back of some shanty-town garbage truck.

The funnayest "take" he offered up was this little number that he matter-of-factly stated ...

You got a team as hot like da Texans and we go out and put a butt whippin' on 'em.

LOL

These were some of the other LOLers he busted off with ... THIS week.

When you have all guys pulling together on all three phases of da ball ...

Da game today push a lot of thing forward

Ev.ey time we go up against somebody da ball seems to roll their way, but today it was our field to play.

The execution today was one of da best.

That is what it take.

Everybody out dehr have a lot of capability

Yogi be love him some JaMarcus.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Re: Hey Rumps, after the butt whippin', Daddy JaMarcus spoke

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I felt this could be a let down game, 'tart. Props to the Raiders for finally getting over on my beloved Texans.

It was apparent that only one of the teams came to play yesterday and Houston wasn't it. They were beat everywhere.

Either they celebrated way too much coming off the win versus the Titans, or they just never fully recovered from that physical game.

I can't tell you how upset I was at the Red Zone offense. Fucking horrible.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

Kubiak was the exact same way when he was calling plays for Shanny- unoriginal and totally predictable
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I saw this comparison of Russell's first and second halves of the season.

first seven games (missed the eighth with a knee injury)
105 for 216, 48.6%, 1,289 yards, 6 TDs, 4 INTs, 69.0 rating

second eight games
93 for 152, 61.2%, 1,134 yards, 7 TDs, 4 INTs, 88.5 rating

He made pretty good improvement over the course of the season.
2 different head coaches, 3 different play-callers, shaky O-Line and dogshit receiving group.
He hung in there pretty good and he took a fair number of LICKS, too.

Two things I liked about Russell's season.

1. I never saw him lose his composure
2. He threw very few INTs

Young QBs have a tendency to do BOTH of those things, especially if they're in the middle of a sinking ship

One things I didn't like about Russell's season.

1. Not enough W's
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

Kevin Harlan was on one of the local sports stations here in KC the other day. He was telling a story about Russell being given DVD's to study at home. The next day the Raiders asked him if he watched the DVD's and what he thought about them. Russell said he watched them and learned some good stuff. The DVD's were blank. The Raiders thought he wasn't watching them but needed proof. Good stuff.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Yep nix, that report came out about 3 weeks ago. The blame is split with the current coaching staff and thier involvement with JaSpinnerRims on the daily and JaFurcoat himself. Rich Gannon as QB's coach would solve that problem immediately.

For the record, Russell was called out by the coaching staff and responded with the 2 best games of his young career which helped us to 2 wins. The kid, like any 22 year old with tens of millions of dollars suddenly in his bank account, needs a Rich Gannon type guy wathcing over his development to help him stay focused.

Al is too fucking stupid and senile to realize that these little things go a looong way in todays NFL atmosphere.
Nixhex
Spliffy

Post by Nixhex »

You can't write him off yet for sure. Sounds like he needs a good mentor. A guy that will keep on him and make sure he's doing the things needed to be a quality NFL QB. Rich Gannon could be that guy. It will definitely be interesting to see if he takes a step forward or backward in 2009.