Give me a good chicken breast recipe

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

Red
Elwood

Give me a good chicken breast recipe

Post by Red »

I am decidedly uninspired today. What's your best, relatively simple, chicken breast recipe. Oh, feel free to suggest some sides, too.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

BSmack's slow cooked chicken

Preheat the oven to 275 for 10 minutes.

lay out chicken in baking pan

pour every last bit of bbq sause, dressing, whatever you think would taste good on the chciken

heat chicken for 90 minutes.

Open beer and serve.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

throw some chicken breasts in tupperware with olive oil, black pepper, dash rice wine vinegar, chopped garlic, dash teriyaki, dash honey, red pepper flakes

marinate an hour

grill or panfry
mvscals blow monkey spunk
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

a Real simple one...

Salt and pepper chicken

slightly oil (I TBS) a large sautee pan place on med-high heat. brown (WELL) both side of the chicken.

take about a third of an onion diced, a stalk of celery diced, and one carrott diced, and cook veggies until soft (about 1 minute). Add 1 to 3 cloves diced garlic and cook 1 to 2 minutes.

Add Basil (Fresh if you got it) to taste I usually use about 4 to five coursely chopped leaves.

Add cup of white wine/vermouth. cover pan, reduce heat to med-low and sautee for 30 minutes until tender.

Serve with pasta or veggies.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Teriyaki chicken kabobs. Cut the chicken breasts into chunks marinate in Kikkoman Teriyaki sauce at least 15 minutes. Skewer and bbq or a grill pan works great. I use metal skewers though. Hate the wood ones.

Rice and zucchini goes well with this.

Also, Mikeys parmesan chicken is easy and good.
Miss Conduct
Keeper of the Quarters

Post by Miss Conduct »

Hawaiian Chicken

5 chicken thighs (or breasts if you prefer, but the thighs have better flavor)
1 bottle French Dressing
1 jar apricot preserves
1 package Lipton onion soup mix

Mix in dressing, soup mix, and preserves in a bowl, pour over chicken, cook at 350 for 60 minutes.
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Put three chicken breasts, with bones and skin still on, skin side up in a corningware dish (or other coverable microwave safe dish). Season with Lawry's Seasoned salt. Microwave covered for 18 minutes, let sit covered for 6 minutes.

Serve with rice and steamed brocolli. You will have a bunch of tasty juice under the chicken that you can pour over the rice.

I know it sounds terrible, but the chicken will come out very tender and moist. It's one of our staple dinners because it's so simple and quick to fix.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Recipe #2.

You can use this with any or all chicken pieces. Place chicken pieces with skin side up in glass baking dish. Season, in this order, with your favorite seasoned salt product, dried minced garlic, Kraft grated parmesan cheese.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 60 minutes. The aroma will drive you crazy before it's halfway done.

PS thanks, trev, I just noticed you mentioned my world famous recipe...
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

I make Mikey's World Famous Chicken fairly regularly. Tasty stuff.

I have also made the one Miss Conduct listed, but I got the recipe from the dutch oven cookbook and they call it "Sticky Chicken". It's SO GOOD. Especially when cooked on a campfire in Big Sur. I would imagine it'd be really good elsewhere, too... but... well it was REALLY good.

A good, light way to enjoy boneless/skinless chicken breasts...

Take a bunch of cherry tomatoes and slice them in half. Take a bunch of sun-dried tomatoes (in oil) and cut them into bite-sized pieces. Take a bunch of thyme and take the leaves off the woody stems, chop roughly. Mince a couple cloves of garlic. Toss all that with sherry vinegar, salt and pepper, and a little olive oil. Grill seasoned chicken breasts (on outdoor grill or indoor grill pan) until done. To serve, put chicken on plate, top with tomato mixture.

Good stuff... fresh, bright, healthy.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

Miss Conduct wrote:Hawaiian Chicken

5 chicken thighs (or breasts if you prefer, but the thighs have better flavor)
1 bottle French Dressing
1 jar apricot preserves
1 package Lipton onion soup mix

Mix in dressing, soup mix, and preserves in a bowl, pour over chicken, cook at 350 for 60 minutes.
french dressing + apricots + lipton onion mix = hawaiian?

lemme guess, u slam some hawaiian punch with it :o
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

LOL!!

I always heard that Hawaii was the apricot and french dressing capital of the world.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Mikey wrote:Recipe #2.

You can use this with any or all chicken pieces. Place chicken pieces with skin side up in glass baking dish. Season, in this order, with your favorite seasoned salt product, dried minced garlic, Kraft grated parmesan cheese.

Bake in 400 degree oven for 60 minutes. The aroma will drive you crazy before it's halfway done.

PS thanks, trev, I just noticed you mentioned my world famous recipe...
Of all the years reading these boards ... somehow I missed this.

Is there a version for boneless, skinless chicken breasts?

Btw, remind me never to read in the cooking forum after I've had a few beers and it's late at night. I'm ready to fire up the oven right now.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I use the boneless, skinless breasts (or breast tenders) for Mikey's parmesan chicken. I don't use salt, or season salt. I dip the breasts in melted butter, then coat with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Bake.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

trev wrote:I use the boneless, skinless breasts (or breast tenders) for Mikey's parmesan chicken. I don't use salt, or season salt. I dip the breasts in melted butter, then coat with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Bake.
What temp and for how long?

Do you use a glass baking dish as well? I assume it goes in uncovered ... same for boneless, skinless breasts?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

375 degrees, 20 minutes for tenders, 30 for breasts. Shallow cookie sheet type pan. Uncovered. Suggestion: Reynolds non stick aluminum foil lined. :wink:
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

trev wrote:375 degrees, 20 minutes for tenders, 30 for breasts. Shallow cookie sheet type pan. Uncovered. Suggestion: Reynolds non stick aluminum foil lined. :wink:
TY. :D

I'm going to try it this weekend -- just in time for the tournament.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

trev wrote:I use the boneless, skinless breasts (or breast tenders) for Mikey's parmesan chicken. I don't use salt, or season salt. I dip the breasts in melted butter, then coat with garlic powder and parmesan cheese. Bake.
That sounds good. I've never baked boneless, skinless breasts. Always grilled 'em. I'll have to try this variation.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

I've got a recipe very similar to Mikey's with trev's spin...

I take about 4 tablespoons of Dijon, mix with equal amounts or Terriaki sauce and coat with Fresh Parm (I won't buy the Kraft shit).

Kick it in the oven at 350 for about 30-40 minutes in a glass baking dish.

Course ground creole mustard works real well for that as well!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

OK, one more.

Chicken Parmessan.

This is real easy and better than restaraunt quality.

pound chicken breast flat. Roll in flour, dip in egg wash, and roll in a bread crumbs. Progresso's Garlic herb bread crumbs add a depth to the flavor.

Lighty fry until a very light golden color. (maybe 1-2 minutes a side).

Remove, place on paper towel for a few ninutes to absord excess grease, and place in a baking dish. cover with Fresh parm and bake at 35 for 20 minutes.

Top with a good red or meat sauce.

Serve with Pasta.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

Headhunter wrote:OK, one more.

Chicken Parmessan.

This is real easy and better than restaraunt quality.

pound chicken breast flat. Roll in flour, dip in egg wash, and roll in a bread crumbs. Progresso's Garlic herb bread crumbs add a depth to the flavor.

Lighty fry until a very light golden color. (maybe 1-2 minutes a side).

Remove, place on paper towel for a few ninutes to absord excess grease, and place in a baking dish. cover with Fresh parm and bake at 35 for 20 minutes.

Top with a good red or meat sauce.

Serve with Pasta.
sounds like u could do that with veal but use a white or marsala sauce
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

That's exactly how you make veal Parm.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

Headhunter wrote:That's exactly how you make veal Parm.
kool, a two for one recipe :o
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Headhunter wrote:I've got a recipe very similar to Mikey's with trev's spin...

I take about 4 tablespoons of Dijon, mix with equal amounts or Terriaki sauce and coat with Fresh Parm (I won't buy the Kraft shit).

Kick it in the oven at 350 for about 30-40 minutes in a glass baking dish.

Course ground creole mustard works real well for that as well!
I only use the Kraft Parmesan because it crusts up nicely. The real stuff, which is better for most things, tends to melt instead. One of the best parts of my chicken is that the skin gets really nice and crusty.

I've been using this seasoning a lot lately ('sup Heels). It's pretty cheap and is good for a lot of things. I season my chicken with it, and I use it on steaks, after brushing with EVOO, before grilling.

Miss Conduct
Keeper of the Quarters

Post by Miss Conduct »

I don't know why it's called Hawaiian chicken either. Although when all those are mixed together it gives it a tropical tangy fruity taste, so that could be it. :?
Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Damn, I haven't seen Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt in ages. I grew up on that shit.

I didn't know they still made it. That's some good shit. Better than Kraft parm :P
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Headhunter wrote:Damn, I haven't seen Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt in ages. I grew up on that shit.

I didn't know they still made it. That's some good shit. Better than Kraft parm :P
Jane's salt and Kraft parm complement each other.

They form what you might call a culinary symbiosis.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

I was skeptical of Kraft parm too... but it really is necessary for Mikey's recipe, and it really is delicious.
mothster
at moderators discretion

Post by mothster »

Mikey wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Damn, I haven't seen Jane's Crazy Mixed Up Salt in ages. I grew up on that shit.

Jane's salt and Kraft parm complement each other.

They form what you might call a culinary symbiosis.
easy on the cia school lingo or is it cordon bleu? :o
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

ppanther wrote:I was skeptical of Kraft parm too... but it really is necessary for Mikey's recipe, and it really is delicious.
Just be careful not to use the cheap generic or in-house store brands of Kraft-like parm. It's not the same thing and won't work. It's sort of like coagulated mini parmesan nuggets instead of grated cheese.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Would real Parm/reg grated in a processor work, or should I just bite the bullet and buy a little bottle of Kraft stuff and try this recipe?

I keep fresh parm on hand like it's going out of style.
ppanther
Elwood

Post by ppanther »

JUST USE THE FREAKING KRAFT PARM ALREADY.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

^^^^
what she said
Headhunter wrote:Would real Parm/reg grated in a processor work, or should I just bite the bullet and buy a little bottle of Kraft stuff and try this recipe?

I keep fresh parm on hand like it's going out of style.
And like I said before, the fresh parm is better (no comparison) for caesar salads, topping pasta or whatever else you use parmesan cheese for. The Kraft stuff is best for the chicken (and only for the chicken) because is crusts up instead of melting.

Got it?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Think of it as chemical-cheese flavored bread crumbs.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

exactly
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

So I should buy the parm?
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

lift it if you can
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

A few months back, that generic parm got over on me. It's on the top shelf in the store mixed in with the Kraft. Looking exactly like the Kraft. I grabbed one and didn't discover until I got home it was a fake. VERY disappointing.
RadioFan

Post by RadioFan »

I tried trev's variation on Mikey's recipe for boneless breasts last night. All I had was the Kraft parm, so I used that and was damn good, and very easy.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Mikey wrote:lift it if you can
I'm a much younger man than you, Mikey. I'm pretty sure I can lift a can of cheese.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Do you work out?