14 long years

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

14 long years

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I was 16 years old and watching a dismal and dismantled Oilers team losing to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday Night Football. That was the year after Pardee, Gilbride, and Buddy Ryan led the Oilers to a 12-4 record and a bye in the playoffs. Unfortunately, they lost to a Joe Montana led Chiefs team in the divisional playoff. After that, Adams dismantled the team, fired Pardee midway through the next season and Jeff Fisher took over a 1-10 Oiler team that was Moonless, Childressless, Munchackless, and McDowelless. That team had no business playing MNF but because of the old format and their previous season success, they were granted a couple of MNF games that season and looked horrible.

Fast forward 14 years later and we get a battle red jersey game and Mario Williams and the Houston Texans put on a great show on primetime National TV. It was a long time coming. No matter the struggles this franchise has gone through in it's first seven years of existence, tonight's game eased the pain quite a bit. As cheesy as it may sound, I have to say that I am proud to be a Texan fan.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Re: 14 long years

Post by Goober McTuber »

A shitty team beat another shitty team on Monday night football, with the shittiest color man ever in the booth. Ketchup bottles? Gee, Tony, why didn’t you just say they looked like a bunch of used tampons running around out there.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Unfortunately, they lost to a Joe Montana led Chiefs team in the divisional playoff.
Which was and is the last time KC won a playoff game.

I remember it well. Some Chief scored a TD and slammed the ball into a giant picture of Buddy Ryan's grill plastered to the wall at the back corner of the enzone.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Goober McTuber wrote:A shitty team beat another shitty team on Monday night football, with the shittiest color man ever in the booth. Ketchup bottles? Gee, Tony, why didn’t you just say they looked like a bunch of used tampons running around out there.

RACK...had absolute no interest in that game last night and with gems like that, I'm sure I didn't miss any words of wisdumb from Kornheiser. That experiment has to end...he's easily the most obnoxious person to be in the MNF booth.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Goober McTuber wrote:A shitty team beat another shitty team on Monday night football, with the shittiest color man ever in the booth.
I thought Tirico did a good job :wink:
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

My favorite Oilers MNF moment:

Last edited by Mikey on Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Mikey, you should be banned from this forum.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

I'd ban myself, but I can't.