Sacrilege I know...

"Hey Mikey"

Moderator: Mikey

indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Sacrilege I know...

Post by indyfrisco »

I have not had McDonalds "anything" besides a coke or coffee in years. Just could not stand the food. We had a breakfast work meeting at McD's today so I decided to try something. I got a Southern Style Chicken Biscuit and a McSkillet Burrito. Now, the chicken biscuit is the same thing you get at Chik-Fil-A (God I miss thier sandwiches). The burrito was surprisingly pretty damn good. Eggs, sausage, salsa, peppers, onions, potatoes and cheese.

Anyone had either of these things before? I may have to hit up McD's breakfast again soon. They had some kind of cinnamon roll thing that looked pretty good.

Kinda gets me to another question...what fast food chain meal is your #1?

Other biggies for me are Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich and Rally's Philly Steak Burger.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Re: Sacrilege I know...

Post by smackaholic »

I been hitting McDs for breakfast now and then since they started carrying Paul Neumans coffee. Pretty good shit. As good as dunkin donuts and a few cents cheaper.

Yeah, U&L faggits, I know your burnt tar coffee is better, btu, I ain't dropping a fin for a cup of the shit.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

If your going to have the McSkillet Burrito, might as well spring for the extra buck and get the steak instead of sausage.

I won't eat much of anything from McDonalds other than their breakfast menu, which is way better than any other fast food joint.

There's one right near where I work and right next to a Wendy's who now also serve a breakfast menu. The Wendy's drive thru is pretty much always empty, while Mcd's is always 5-10 cars deep.

Lunch is another story. If I want a burger, I go to Wendy's.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

IndyFrisco wrote:Kinda gets me to another question...what fast food chain meal is your #1?
Culver’s double butterburger with cheese, onion rings and a chocolate malt.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

At least here in Toronto, coffee is the only thing McDonalds does right.
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I spent a week in Taiwan in 1995. If it hadn't been for McDonalds, I'd have starved. Best Big Mac I ever had.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I prefer food.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Culver's makes quite decent food. Better than a number of bars.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Goober McTuber wrote:Culver's makes quite decent food. Better than a number of bars.
Takes a little time to get your order, but The Philly, The Reuben, and the Walleye sandwich( i believe it was at Culvers) were good. They say, their ice cream and desserts are excellent, but haven't anything on the dessert menu yet.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

indy

i want to say, it was 2 years ago, while in KC to see Cards play the Royals, we were stuck eating at MCd's for breakfast, and they were test marketing those burritos, they were actually decent for Mcdonalds, and that is saying a lot.

i really don't like mcdonalds, it's not good, but the best fast food is found at Jack in the box.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

Adelpiero wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: and the Walleye sandwich.

Curious to know whats in the "walleye sandwich". I'd assume thats its a fish sammich of somekind but if its more than simply another type of fish in a bun I'd like to know. Thanks.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Culver's menu doesn't have a walleye sammy, but has a cod filet, which is good.

When I was working in Elkhart, which is pretty much devoid of decent food options, Culver's was my go-to "fast food" chain. Great selection and good food for decent prices. What other place that's not fast food can you get a chronic reuben, grilled turkey sourdough, fried chicken dinner and a bleu cheese burger? They even made me a west coast reuben once (turkey instead of corned beef), that was awesome.

Gotta give props to an obese, Dairy-land butterball (Sup Goobs?) sticking up for a quality home-state product. About the only thing good your barren wasteland has ever produced.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Adelpiero wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Culver's makes quite decent food. Better than a number of bars.
Takes a little time to get your order, but The Philly, The Reuben, and the Walleye sandwich( i believe it was at Culvers) were good. They say, their ice cream and desserts are excellent, but haven't anything on the dessert menu yet.
The reason it takes a few minutes to get your food is that they don’t start cooking it until you order it. Freshly prepared food. They do indeed have a walleye sammich here in God’s Country:
Walleye filet, lightly battered and breaded by hand just before it's cooked
Sorry to disappoint, Screwball, but I’m not overweight. 8% body fat, much of it from the neck up.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

christ, the depression is hitting this forum in a big way :o

I had a big mac in Boston once and the bun tasted like eating raw sugar cubes. not sure wether it was a black neighbourhood or it's just the way McDonalds makes their food for everyone in Babylon.

It doesn't taste like that in other countries.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Why are you sampling McDonald's globally? Fucking hell man, branch out a little.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Whattaburger has a pretty awesome platter-style meal that comes with scrambled eggs, hash brown sticks, a biscuit, a sausage patty and a drink for less than 4 bucks. I usually order than with a side of their sausage gravy and pour it over the whole mess. Good stuff.

I also really like Carls Jr.'s breakfast burger, minus the ketchup.

I was also a big fan of Sonic's 99¢ pancake-on-a-stick, but they discontinued those a while back. Goddamn shame.
"Keys, woman!"
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Pancake-on-a-stick? WTF? Does it look like a giant lollipop?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I prefer food.

I ate at Sonic once...

once.

Dear god, it was offensively bad. Like Taco Bell/Carl's Jr/BK bad.

If you pimp any sort of fast food breakfast... you're a fucking tard. No if's an's or but's. Fucking disgusting.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:I prefer food.

I ate at Sonic once...

once.

Dear god, it was offensively bad. Like Taco Bell/Carl's Jr/BK bad.

If you pimp any sort of fast food breakfast... you're a fucking tard. No if's an's or but's. Fucking disgusting.
Breakfast, yes. You ever see a 5-gallon bag of liquid egg-goop waiting to be scrambled?

Lunch is a different story. At least here in God's Country.

I also ate at Sonic once. It was the yech.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Goober McTuber wrote:Pancake-on-a-stick? WTF? Does it look like a giant lollipop?
Heh. It was based on the eternally popular corndog model, but instead of a hot dog, it had a sausage link, and instead of cornbread batter it was pancake batter. It came with one of those syrup cups to dunk it in. Pretty awesome.

While we're on the subject, has anybody tried Arby's new breakfast menu yet?
"Keys, woman!"
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

It all sounds just God-awful. Y'all need to be banned from the Cooking Forum. You're not cooking, you're consuming. Shit.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:
You ever see a 5-gallon bag of liquid egg-goop waiting to be scrambled?
The inside of Kevnic's cranium?
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

Goober McTuber wrote:It all sounds just God-awful. Y'all need to be banned from the Cooking Forum. You're not cooking, you're consuming. Shit.

Sounds like he got sidetracked from FTDC's forum on .net. Should be titled "Fast Food Reviews and Pics of Oversized Sandos".
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:Lunch is a different story. At least here in God's Country.
Sure, I can hit Burgerville for a deece fast food lunch...

Except it's rarelay "fast," and if I'm going to blow $7 on lunch, I'd just as soon do it in a bar/tavern and catch some sports (and the added enticement of beer).

Lot's of great lunch eateries here, both independent and/or local chains and I'm willing to bet the rent it's the same where **insert poster's name** is, too.

And every last one of them is better than any corporate death burger.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Dinsdale wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Lunch is a different story. At least here in God's Country.

Except it's rarelay "fast," and if I'm going to blow $7 on lunch, I'd just as soon do it in a bar/tavern and catch some sports (and the added enticement of beer).

Lot's of great lunch eateries here, both independent and/or local chains and I'm willing to bet the rent it's the same where **insert poster's name** is, too.

Jesus, man, we get it. You don't like fast food.

Frisco started a thread about McDonald's breakfast and a few other people chimed in with their favorite fast food breakfast items. Nobody is saying it's better than something you'd get at a locally owned diner or even a fucking Denny's. But it's fast and it's cheap, and in some cases, mildly palatable. Nobody is forcing you to eat any of it. Get on with your life.
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Get on with your life.

What if my life revolves around insulting the culinary indescretions of strangers on the internet?

Huh?

Where does that leave us, Einstein?
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Heh. Touché.
"Keys, woman!"
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

By the by, since I brought up locally owned diners, if any of you guys ever find yourselves here in the D&L, I highly recommend Matt's Big Breakfast in downtown PHX. The salami scramble is awesome.
"Keys, woman!"
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:

Jesus, man, we get it. You don't like fast food.

Frisco started a thread about McDonald's breakfast and a few other people chimed in with their favorite fast food breakfast items. Nobody is saying it's better than something you'd get at a locally owned diner or even a fucking Denny's. But it's fast and it's cheap, and in some cases, mildly palatable. Nobody is forcing you to eat any of it. Get on with your life.
Just tell Dins to go shove a granola bar up his ass for breakfast and maybe he'll STFU... nah, prolly not. He'll start grading granola bars.

Speaking of Denny's breakfast... IN! When I do have time for something other than fast food, I'm partial to the meat lovers
scramble. Not that much more expensive than McD's value meals.

Anybody see the Denny's commercial where Paulie from the Sopranos is buying a fast food breakfast using play money? Freaking hilarious. I've only seen it on ESPN during PBA events.

Go buy yourself something nice
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

At the risk of offending Dins' delicate sensibilities even further, I too am a big fan of Denny's meat lover's scramble. That's a lot of food for 7 bucks and change. Mix up the meat-filled eggs and hash browns with a healthy dose of Cholula and you're good to go.
"Keys, woman!"
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Matt's Big Breakfast

See, now there's a name that makes me want to eat there... assuming there isn't speakers and clowns out front.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

In my defense, I prefaced the thread with the title "Sacrilege I know..." As I said before, I haven't eaten McD's in forever, but that burrito was stomachable...until it quickly made its way out my ass. I would eat it again in a pinch, but it's nothing on my top 10 or even 100 probably.

Making some of my Atomic Buffalo Turds tomorrow for poker night. Now that's good eats.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Mikey wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:
You ever see a 5-gallon bag of liquid egg-goop waiting to be scrambled?
The inside of Kevnic's cranium?
Nice.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:

Seriously, if you ever have a chance to eat at a Culver’s, try it. They are moving westward, not sure how far they’ve gotten. Aside from other amenities (there’s something to be said for sports and beer with your lunch, though there’s not often much for live sports at lunch time and alcohol is verboten during work hours where I’m employed), their food is as good as what you’ll find in a lot of taverns.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:there’s something to be said for sports and beer with your lunch, though there’s not often much for live sports at lunch time and alcohol is verboten during work hours where I’m employed

From about April through October, there's always sports during the day.

My worktime alcohol consumption depends greatly on the jobsite.

I'll keep an eye peeled for Culver's -- but let's face corporate reality... by the time they expand this far U&L, they'll probably suffer the suckage that corporate chains do as they expand, then you'll be telling me "Well Dins, before Culver's got all huge west of the Rockies and shit, they were soooooo good!"

I would hope not.... but you know the deal.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

I gotta say Culvers Butterburgers and crinkle fries are damn good eats. We had one in McKinney, TX where I lived prior moving to Indiana.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:
From about April through October, there's always sports during the day.
Not where I live, at least not during the lunch hour. You’re in the Pacific time zone. By the time you’re finishing up lunch, I’m getting off work.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:You’re in the Pacific time zone.

Oh, thanks for that.

Which is pretty sweet on Saturdays in fall... usually get an SEC game starting about 9:30AM, games all day, PAC10 night game, and sometimes even a Hawaii game into the wee hours...

Which can make for a long day in the sports bar.
Cicatrix
Elwood

Post by Cicatrix »

I didnt know you'd ever bother to make it to a window in a bar to establish time of day.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cicatrix wrote:I didnt know you'd ever bother to make it to a window in a bar to establish time of day.

Puh-leez.

While I do in fact live in Oregon, they still don't allow us to actually smoke weed in the bar.

We have to go out to the parking lot for that.