Adios, AI. Welcome home, Chauncey

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Adios, AI. Welcome home, Chauncey

Post by MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan »

Call me crazy, but I think this is a really good trade. I'm obviously biased, since Billups has been my favorite NBA player since he came into the league, but I think this move will work out well for both teams. Billups is more of a true PG, which the Nuggets haven't really had since they traded Andre Miller.

I don't have anything against Iverson, but it seems obvious that the AI/Melo combo just wasn't working. It looks good on paper to have 2 of the top 5 scorers in the league, but it obviously came at the expense of defense. It remains to be seen if the Nuggets can improve defensively, but the addition of McDyess and Billups should help. I don't know anything about this Cheikh Samb guy, but it looks like he's a project. If nothing else, it gives the Nugs another big body down low after losing Camby & Najera in the off-season.
"Keys, woman!"
Rasputin
Elwood

Re: Adios, AI. Welcome home, Chauncey

Post by Rasputin »

You're crazy.

Actually it's a great trade. Billups AND McDyess? You lose nothing as far as a PG except for a ball hog, you already have guys on that team who can score and you just added two more. Plus the chemistry of that team seemed a tad off, this could improve that. And this should definatly help on the defensive end.
“The lamps are going out all over America; we shall not see them lit again in our lifetime”

Morons of America, Unite! You have nothing to lose but your country.
-B.H.Obama

Palin/Jindal '12
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

It's a good deal for Detroit. With a fine young nucleus the present and future looks good in Detroit. Iverson and 'sheed come off the books after this year, so a splash free agent aquisition will most likely occur. Rip has been extended, Tay is still blossoming, Maxiel, Stuckey, Amir Johnson etc.

I love Billups. Mr. Big Shot helped bring Detroit the hardware and will be missed. Joe D. is about winning both now and in the future. He's one hell of a front office guy.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

WolverineSteve wrote:It's a good deal for Detroit. With a fine young nucleus the present and future looks good in Detroit. Iverson and 'sheed come off the books after this year, so a splash free agent aquisition will most likely occur. Rip has been extended, Tay is still blossoming, Maxiel, Stuckey, Amir Johnson etc.

I love Billups. Mr. Big Shot helped bring Detroit the hardware and will be missed. Joe D. is about winning both now and in the future. He's one hell of a front office guy.
I was reading in the paper this morning that the free agent class of '09 is looking pretty weak. He might be planning ahead for 2010, when LeBron, Wade, Bosh and Stoudemire become free agents. Dumars is a great exec and I think this trade will ultimately benefit both teams.
"Keys, woman!"
Rasputin
Elwood

Post by Rasputin »

Nuggets waive McDyess after Billups-Iverson trade

DENVER (AP) -- The Nuggets waived Antonio McDyess one week after they obtained him from Detroit along with Chauncey Billups and Cheikh Samb in a swap for Allen Iverson.

The move was expected as Denver tries to cut costs. McDyess' agent, Andy Miller, had said the chances of him playing in Denver were "very low to zero."

McDyess, who had two previous stints with Denver, hasn't appeared in any games for the Nuggets since the trade.

The 34-year-old forward has averaged 13.4 points and 7.7 rebounds per game in 12 seasons. He averaged 7 points and 4 rebounds in two games for Detroit before the trade.

Besides the Nuggets and Pistons, he has played for the New York Knicks and Phoenix Suns.

© 2008 The Associated Press.
“The lamps are going out all over America; we shall not see them lit again in our lifetime”

Morons of America, Unite! You have nothing to lose but your country.
-B.H.Obama

Palin/Jindal '12
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

^^^ Thanks, newslink42. Reports came out soon after the trade that the Nuggets were going to release McDyess right away. And I completely agree with Mike, this trade has 2010 written all over it.
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Yeah, I was kind of disappointed to hear that McDyess didn't want to come back to Denver. On the upside, the Nuggets are now 3-0 with Chauncey in the lineup.

I went out for drinks last week and I was wearing my "vintage" Billups jersey from his first stint with the Nugs. Some dude was dumbfounded that I already had a Billups jersey just a couple days after the trade. I guess the fact that Denver hasn't worn those jerseys in 5+ years didn't really register...
"Keys, woman!"
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:Some dude was dumbfounded that I already had a Billups jersey just a couple days after the trade. I guess the fact that Denver hasn't worn those jerseys in 5+ years didn't really register...
Shit, I want the red-white-and blues back with the mountain backdrop logo. You know, the ones from the original arcade NBA JAM? I want that game right now.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan wrote:his first stint with the Nugs.

When he referred to the rape charges he bought his way out of as "no big deal"?

That stint with the Nugs? (Yes, I realize it was while hewas playing in Boston, but IIRC, the hammerwas dropped when he played for Denver).

Nice guy. Traded one walking, talking POS for another.

The Nugs didn't quite get the memo the Blazers wrote on "how not to assemble an NBA team."

Fucking dumbasses. I almost feel bad for you, Denver... except you're in our division.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

She lied.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Chauncey, one of the most popular players in the league, loved by everyone on and off the court. Nicknamed the mayor because of how he know everyone in the league. Fan favorite, coaches love him, players in both lockerooms love him, media loves him.

Dins knows bette than all these people. People in and around the league couldn't possibly know of the character of one of their own....nope, dins knows.

Fucking blowhard.
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

WolverineSteve wrote:People in and around the league couldn't possibly know of the character of one of their own....nope, dins knows.

Fucking blowhard.

See if you can figure out why the KYOA meter reading os so high here.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
MiketheangrydrunkenCUfan
Baby Bitch

Hey Dins, how's Greg Oden working out for you? Still a better player than Bynum, I presume. Nuggets now 5-1 with that "scumbag" Billups.
"Keys, woman!"