NASCAR Die-cast collectibles

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

Atomic Punk
antagonist

NASCAR Die-cast collectibles

Post by Atomic Punk »

I have a buddy here that used to sell those for a living and he took me to some place where an old-timer sells them for $65. The manufacturers in North Carolina pushed the small guys out of bidness by making them eat a crate of cars by unpopular drivers.

So they get a crate ofDale Jr., Stewart, Gordon, Harvick, and then they get pressed to take on a box they don't want. They sell those unpopular driver's cars for $15 and then jack up the popular ones to cover the loss.

The old-timer said he gets them for $25/piece in bulk (crates) therefore marks them up $40. I was told a lot of guys that run NASCAR shops charge $80 for those things. They are the same cars with different paint jobs but a lot of 'necks out here collect every paint scheme for their favorite drivers. So you can imagine the graphic artists putting out special graphics for the actual cars are getting a nice little kick back from ACTION that makes these cars.

I have a 2003 NAPA Cheeevy made by ACTION that I actually bought from a NAPA distribution center in Fresno. The guy looked at it and said it's a good piece but it's made of lighter metal and doesn't have the opening truck and roof flaps like the heavier ACTION ones. So I looked at Waltrip's 2005 NAPA Cheeevy and that thing is a better quality. I figure this is most likely Mike's last year with DEI and the 2005 car I finger fucked is probably the last year he'll be in that seat.

Anyway, besides the obvious older cars the dealer showed me of Dale Sr., DW, and Richard Petty are worth quite a bit. Dale Sr. signed a Goodwrench fire jacket for him and that's got to be worth something. However, I would never sell it unless offered retirement type money for it. You're not going to get another one ever.

So, with all of that background being said, do any of you collect them or just have a couple like I do? I don't see the value going up much as a drunken, out of work welder would sell his collection for $100. I just like looking at these cars
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Anyone know the best place to order these cars? I need an 07 car as a gift for someone.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

I have a buddy that was in the bidness and can get them at cost. $38 and some change. Or yo can find some out of work ex-welder alcoholic that has a garage full of them and get them for the price of a case of beer.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

trev wrote:Anyone know the best place to order these cars? I need an 07 car as a gift for someone.
ebay
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Not much luck so far. And I need to order this thing this in the next few days. The sites you mentioned don't have it.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

How much does it cost?

:mrgreen:

This is funny. I don't have an ebay account, I just want to purchase one rather than get in a bidding war with a redneck. :lol:

I'll figure something out!
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

:gush:
:gush: