Texans make me laugh

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Texans make me laugh

Post by King Crimson »

at both hornfans and texags they are bitching and moaning (like they do every year) about how many Texans play for OU. they both put the figure at about 70-80% Texans on the OU roster. Texans should play in Texas (a classic Longhorn Bob Wheelerism...who once proscribed that Texas high school players who leave the state should be denied jobs in Texas when they return), even going so far as to call OU UT-Norman.

OK, so i go and count, and there 38 Texans on OU's roster....for a whopping 37%. Just goes to show if you believe something is true, "it is true". 37% is just about the same as 80%.

So many Texans on the OU roster (and cheating, of course) is the only reason OU ever wins. Because there is no way some backwards ass hillbillies like Oklahomans could ever do anything to match the might and star-spangled awesomeness of Texans. It's just unthinkable.

There is no doubt OU has had some great players from Texas....but, what they never ask themselves, is why do kids in the Dallas Morning News top 100 go play at OU? Just to piss off the God-fearing, traitor-hating, convenience store and shit-pile interstate faux-Mexican food chain loving aristocrats of the Lone Star State who have a user name at hornfans.com? Gotta love that queso.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Re: Texans make me laugh

Post by King Crimson »

and anticipate the classic Schmick take: state schools should only have players from their state, California Uber Alles.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I wonder what these same people would say to knowing that between 20-25% of the students on campus in general are from Texas?
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Poke State has 56 players from Texas. never see UT or ATM fans complain about OSU. 55%, while impressive, still well shy of the 70-80% assertion.

and before you say those are "B" players UT and ATM aren't/weren't interested in....the OK Aggies beat the Texas Aggies 56-28 last week.
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

King Crimson wrote:never see UT or ATM fans complain about OSU.
At least not here...which always makes me wonder why you throw the tripe down here instead of logging onto the homer boards and doing it.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

IndyFrisco wrote:At least not here...which always makes me wonder why you throw the tripe down here instead of logging onto the homer boards and doing it.

Cut him some slack. He's a Sooner. I'm surprised he had the ability to log in with his head stuck up his ass. Very impressive.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

IndyFrisco wrote:
At least not here...which always makes me wonder why you throw the tripe down here instead of logging onto the homer boards and doing it.
fair point i guess, but it's the inaccuracies and "conventional wisdom" of the homer boards i'm critiquing here--which should be fairly obvious. if by tripe you mean "statistical evidence", then so be it. You can question my judgment in posting it here, but what i've said is completely true.
"
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Calling out homers on a fairly non-homer board, sans a few, is like telling schmuck he's a schmuck. Yeah, it's a fact, but no one will disagree except said schmuck.

I guess my problem with it is never have I defended texfags here. Never has Harv defended whornfans here. If Austin_Jill were still here, I could see your point because he was of their ilk, but he isn't here and those who are there don't represent those who are here.

Granted, I still reference texfags from time to time and point out their idiocy. Maybe it's the "n-bomb factor" for me. I can call texfags people idiots because I'm an Aggie, but you can't. :mrgreen:
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

IndyFrisco wrote:
I don't have time to hang out here and talk but I just wanted to log in and say that he did

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/showmsg.asp? ... 95&style=2

Ain't that right bonzo :hfal:
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

just spreading the gospel brother...just spreading the gospel.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

SunCoastSooner wrote:I wonder what these same people would say to knowing that between 20-25% of the students on campus in general are from Texas?
Along those lines, Schmick used to say that ND should only be allowed to recruit in Indiana. He'd probably be pretty shocked to find out that only about 10% of ND's student body is from Indiana.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Vito Corleone wrote:
IndyFrisco wrote:
I don't have time to hang out here and talk but I just wanted to log in and say that he did

http://oklahoma.rivals.com/showmsg.asp? ... 95&style=2

Ain't that right bonzo :hfal:
Check that. I guess Bill still is around. Still...the N-Bomb Factor.

I sure hope to hell KC IS Bonzo. Otherwise, he's going to be a "KC" of a different kind. KC, fess up. You Bonzo? If not, your cred is SHIT here. If so, Jill saying "you did" on the homer boards is not what I was talking about in respect to doig it on your own board. I meant doing it on texfags or whornfans, which I am sure YOU understood and not the 'sip.

:paul: or not? Say it isn't so.

Carry on.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that's not me.

the only OU board i read/post is soonerfans.com and the insider hoops board (as sanguinetti)....and i troll a couple CU boards. i've nothing to do with scout or rivals. "Bonzo Beast" is not my style. I like Zep, but i'm going so far as to call myself that. i used to read/post pretty regularly at hornfans from about 99-03, especially on the hoops board which was one of the more active basketball boards in the conference...but, after TJ Ford it became a circle jerk.

though, that's a good find for Vito.
"
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

IndyFrisco wrote:
Check that. I guess Bill still is around. Still...the N-Bomb Factor.

I sure hope to hell KC IS Bonzo. Otherwise, he's going to be a "KC" of a different kind. KC, fess up. You Bonzo? If not, your cred is SHIT here. If so, Jill saying "you did" on the homer boards is not what I was talking about in respect to doig it on your own board. I meant doing it on texfags or whornfans, which I am sure YOU understood and not the 'sip.

:paul: or not? Say it isn't so.

Carry on.

dude, calm down, hell

it was me that posted over there..i've been off and on over there for a little longer than here (as well as thetrolls before the contingent left)

and if you notice at the top of the post i gave credit to ANOTHER poster, tho not by name.

if there are any infringement or trademark rights...i apologize to King Crimson and i'll more than gladly delete the damn thing :meds:
Last edited by Moby Dick on Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

heres my problem with that post

if your going to post it on the CFB boards, post it in the Longhorns board. posting it in the OU board is pointless
Moby Dick
2017 JAFFL Champ

Post by Moby Dick »

Adelpiero wrote:heres my problem with that post

if your going to post it on the CFB boards, post it in the Longhorns board. posting it in the OU board is pointless

i've been banned over at orangebloods since 01. As of the last 2 weeks the OU board is crawling with tejasfan.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Moby Dick wrote:

i've been banned over at orangebloods since 01. As of the last 2 weeks the OU board is crawling with tejasfan.
ah, makes sense

that would be a goodin over there!

heres where i go to read tejas stuff, for past couple of years

http://longhornfanzone.net
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
SunCoastSooner wrote:I wonder what these same people would say to knowing that between 20-25% of the students on campus in general are from Texas?
Along those lines, Schmick used to say that ND should only be allowed to recruit in Indiana. He'd probably be pretty shocked to find out that only about 10% of ND's student body is from Indiana.
i thought private schools had a free interstate run in Schmick world. i guess not.
"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Adelpiero wrote:
Moby Dick wrote:

ah, makes sense

that would be a goodin over there!

heres where i go to read tejas stuff, for past couple of years

http://longhornfanzone.net
i didn't know the fanzone was back. i used to post at LHFZ but i thought Wheeler killed it.
"
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

i did a search for longhorn boards, and it came up. was asking about stuff to do in austin, tickets, etc.

have my nephews 1st b-day, so we had to bail. pretty tame board.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

The plain and simple fact is that the coach realizes the local talent is lacking and un competitive so he has to go elsewhere, often to the area around rival schools, to get talent that is competent and competitive. Every kid from another state on your schools roster is an example of the school realizing that the kids in your nieghborhood are unworthy..those imported players and an indictment on the local talent
That being said, 21 of Oregons 22 starters saturday vs USC were from California

As ridiculous as Title ix is, saying that a school should have the same proportion of female student athletes as it has female students is a kin to saying a schools out of state student body should be proportionate to the schools out of state number of scholarshipped athletes, afterall the athletic teams are supposed to represent the schools student body and not the people who didnt go to the school but choose to support its athletic programs so they will feel like theyre part of something.
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:He'd probably be pretty shocked to find out that only about 10% of ND's student body is from Indiana.
Not really. Let's go over ND's demographics anyway...

75% - East Coasters who didn't get into Ivy League Schools, but enrolled at ND without visiting SB, which completely explains the large amount of tards who do nothing but bitch and moan about the town once they arrive and count the days until they graduate.

12% - Catholic kids from families forcefed a lifetime's worth of ND Kool-Aid pigeonholed into attending a Catholic school.

8% - Chicagoland kids, also see above 12%, attending the school that's not DePaul and has a football program.

5% - Token scholarship recipients from the South Bend public school system.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Uhh, you kinda proved TiC's point.
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

SoCalTrjn wrote:The plain and simple fact is that the coach realizes the local talent is lacking and un competitive so he has to go elsewhere, often to the area around rival schools, to get talent that is competent and competitive. Every kid from another state on your schools roster is an example of the school realizing that the kids in your nieghborhood are unworthy..those imported players and an indictment on the local talent
I won't comment on that as a general proposition. But as to ND it doesn't have any merit whatsoever.

ND recruits its student body from around the country. Why should the football team be different?
As ridiculous as Title ix is, saying that a school should have the same proportion of female student athletes as it has female students is a kin to saying a schools out of state student body should be proportionate to the schools out of state number of scholarshipped athletes, afterall the athletic teams are supposed to represent the schools student body and not the people who didnt go to the school but choose to support its athletic programs so they will feel like theyre part of something.
From strictly a selfish standpoint, I could actually get behind a proposal to make out-of-state athletic scholarships reflective of the out-of-state student body. For the school I root for, recruiting would continue to be business as usual. Most other schools would have to make substantial changes to the way they recruit.

That being said, such a proposal is a bad idea in terms of upsetting the competitive balance in college football.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

At mythology based schools like BYU and Notre Dame, the scholarshipped athletes should be part of that mythology at the same percentage as the student body. if 90% of the students are Mormon than 90% of the football team should be Mormon, same with the Catholics

Fuck the competitive balance, if a region or religion cant produce the talent, what business does it have having a competitive team of all imported players?