Buckeye thoughts?

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Jobocky
Elwood

Buckeye thoughts?

Post by Jobocky »

Don't know what to think about this game. Pissed at Tressel because I thinkthey should have been up be at least 17-0 in the first half without some questionable play-calling. Then just hanging on in the game and winning in clutch fashion, the team showed some balls.

I think most Buckeye fans are numb right now, not knowing what to do. Me and my friends just decided to be solo. No get together or anything for a big game, just lay low and watch alone ... I think the lack of posts about OSU on the site confirm the same vibe right now.

Nice win. GoBucks!
"There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you."
Woody Hayes / Ohio State
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Re: Buckeye thoughts?

Post by Adelpiero »

honestly,

i would be thrilled as hell, the main reason, Pryor just won you a game by his feet and arm. thats something you have needed all season, is someone to take the team and make big plays when needed. he is getting his seasoning at the biggest level, and at the biggest time(conference games). this can only help his confidence and the confidence the team has for him!

big win. thought that TD put them away. he made a couple huge throws down the middle.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

I agree with Adel...Jobocky...yeah down in the red zone tOSU just doesn't line up and smash it in like they should...I thought they made some very good defensive adjustments in the 2nd half - more man...more stunts...props to Sconsin...their OL is big and can just mash people...but our D made some key stops and while they were on the wrong end of a big drive near the end this is why you have great athletes like Pryor, Beanie, etc...

Pryor is getting reps on the big stage and getting better...sometimes he holds the ball too long (the play to Posey had him wide open for like 2 minutes)...but that will come with experience...one game at a time...

Good win in Madtown at night...
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Jobocky wrote:Don't know what to think about this game.
Well, that's too bad for you. Anytime you can go into Madison at night and leave with a W, you should be elated. Period.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I too would be excited about this win and the fact that Pryor is one of the guys helping you get there. The fact that he's playing this year puts him a year ahead of schedule as far as his development is concerned. I really didn't think he would unseat Boeckman like this but he has and he's done really well. Not to look too far ahead but this only sets the Buckeyes up well for next year already when you know what you'll have with Pryor instead of just turning the keys over to him in Week 1 in 2009 and having no idea what he's capable of doing as a starter.

Obviously, being the fans from the 'school to the North' and the fact that we were one of the schools in the hunt for him...we're eating our hearts out right now. I know that if any of the guys RichRod brings in next year will be already be a year behind Pryor and we've got a year of growing pains to deal with. BuckeyeFan won't have to go through that. He's a naturally gifted player and I'm seeing more and more what the hype was about with him.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
Jobocky wrote:Don't know what to think about this game.
Well, that's too bad for you. Anytime you can go into Madison at night and leave with a W, you should be elated. Period.
Agree with that.

Once again tOSU scores quickly to start the game but can't get anything going after that. Give the ball to Beanie to set up a long pass by TD. The only thing hurting the Buckeyes is the play calling. However, the offense is building and you can see it in every game. Shoalzie's right about them being ahead of schedule. Looking fwd to RB Carlos Hyde from Naples, FL when he joins the team next year. If Beanie decides to remain (doubtful) he and Carlos would be a great tandem with TP as QB.

The Buckeye D is of great concern. You don't see them hitting anyone hard, laying em out on the field. I have yet to see that kind of collision. Either they're chasing them down or dragging them down. I watched Penn State and Illinois play and broke out in a cold sweat. They better fix it before they burned again.

Bottom line: TP guided the team down the field and scored late in the 4th quarter. He needed that and so did the Buckeyes
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

the way i see it, the buckeyes are building for pryor.. this season is a bust and they are going to get whacked by PSU and will most likely beat Michigan.. the defense doesnt play like the all-american studs they once did. they arnt bad but they bend and with a decent passing game or a spread game they are going to be in trouble.

the team needs to start playing to win not just play not to lose..
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

peter dragon wrote:the way i see it, the buckeyes are building for pryor.. this season is a bust and they are going to get whacked by PSU and will most likely beat Michigan.. the defense doesnt play like the all-american studs they once did. they arnt bad but they bend and with a decent passing game or a spread game they are going to be in trouble.

the team needs to start playing to win not just play not to lose..

With a QB like Pryor, you have a legitimate weapon at that position. He's not 'some guy' like Boeckman is. Boeckman to me is just another 'guy' like Krenzel, Hoying, Bellisari, Germaine, etc...that are game managers but not necessarily gifted offensive weapons. Teams have to look out for what Pryor is capable of rather than just focusing on taking away your star running back or the speedy receiver(s) on the outside. He gives you a better chance to win than Boeckman because he is as much of a threat with the ball as anyone else on that offense outside of Wells.

He is comparable to what Troy Smith brought to the table although Smith isn't as dynamic with the ball as Pryor and Smith was undersized. I think the comparisons to Vince Young are very fair. He's exciting right now but give him some time to develop and he can really become dangerous by his junior or senior year. To me, he's ahead of schedule...at least based on what my expectations were for him. I didn't expect to see much of him this year and I wouldn't have thought he'd be a factor for the Buckeyes until next year.

I do agree with you that the defense isn't what I was expecting it to be. You keep pretty much everyone except Gholston and it's not where it was last year. I don't think losing him made that big of a difference.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

88 wrote:Thank god we got Dick Rod's crew coming in to Ohio Stadium to give everyone that good feeling again before Thanksgiving.

I actually wish Michigan played them earlier in the season because Pryor is only going to get better each week. By November, he could become the best QB in the conference. Right now, he's probably #4 behind Juice, Bacher, and Clark.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

88, as we know now it is in fact a rebuilding year. But, at season's start this was supposed to be the team we were waiting for last year.
FLW Buckeye
2014 T1B FBBL Champ

Post by FLW Buckeye »

The Springfield (MO) affiliate aired the USC game then ABC switched just in time to see the Buckeye defense collapse during the last Badger scoring drive. Pryor looked real good moving the offense for the final TD. Damned near had a coronary after the back-to-back fumbles in that drive.

Still waiting on the D to at least partially meet this season's expectations.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

88 wrote:
Bobby42 wrote:88, as we know now it is in fact a rebuilding year. But, at season's start this was supposed to be the team we were waiting for last year.
If Ohio State had beaten USC, that would be true. But USC bitch-slapped Ohio State into a rebuilding mode. And I'm OK with that.
osu is built to dominate the big 10, not compete nationally.
L45B
Commanche Hero

Post by L45B »

A win is a win and a win in Madtown is definitely something to be happy about.

Still many concerns for Buckeyefan. The defensive line is not that good. One of the worst units in the Big Ten. I fear that Illinois, Penn State and maybe even Javon Ringer will have a field day running the ball on these guys (but at least they're good enough to handle that youtube midget up in AA). Playcalling left a lot to be desired. Upperclassmen wide receivers (Hartline, Robiskie) just don't seem like they even care to be out there. Still, this win is encouraging and I think Tressel needs to keep giving some of the young guys a chance to see the field.
“My dentist, that’s another beauty, my dentist, you kiddin’ me. It cost me five thousand dollars to have all new teeth put in. Now he tells me I need braces!” —Rodney Dangerfield
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

I’m getting sick of having to come in here each week and give props to the other team, but nice job Buckeyes. (Keep your shit-stained pants on, PSUFAN, your turn is coming).

I was out of town and didn’t see most of the game, but ABC switched over in time for me to catch Evridge’s interception. What a turd that fucker is. Nice to see they got John Clay a few more carries.

I don’t like our chances against Penn State.