Mets primed for implosion

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

Shoalzie
WingNut

Re: Mets primed for implosion

Post by Shoalzie »

The schedule-maker has a sick sense of humor with having the Marlins face the Mets to close out the season a second straight year. The Marlins get game one from them and the Mets in a big hole with two games to go. Manuel announces that Santana will throw tomorrow on short rest following the most pitches he's ever thrown in a start.

I think the Phillies are in very good shape closing out the season with a 2 game lead and Moyer and Hamels pitching the final two games. All they need is a win tomorrow or a Mets loss and they'll be back-to-back NL East champs. The Brewers get a clutch effort from McClung out of the bullpen and pull ahead in the wild card race. They have Sheets going tomorrow and possibly Sabathia on Sunday if necessary.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Phillies win and clinch the East...Brewers get no-hit for 6 innings and allow the Mets to break even with them. Sabathia goes tomorrow for the Brewers on short rest against Zambrano. Oliver Perez throws for the Mets on short rest. Both these pitching staffs will be on fumes going into the postseason if they get in.
huh?
Elwood

Post by huh? »

Shoalzie wrote: Sabathia goes tomorrow for the Brewers on short rest against Zambrano.

No way in hell. Z won't pitch again until the playoffs. I'm hoping that the Cubs face the Mets instead of the Dodgers in the first round, although they should be able to win either series. Kind of strange that Lou named Dempster the starter. I wonder if Z is still hurting/tired.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

huh? wrote:
Shoalzie wrote: Sabathia goes tomorrow for the Brewers on short rest against Zambrano.

No way in hell. Z won't pitch again until the playoffs. I'm hoping that the Cubs face the Mets instead of the Dodgers in the first round, although they should be able to win either series. Kind of strange that Lou named Dempster the starter. I wonder if Z is still hurting/tired.

Angel Guzman will start Sunday in Zambrano's place...
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Brewers 3, Cubs 1...Mets, your move.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Good bye Shea Stadium and good bye Mets!
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

RACK no playoff baseball in NYC this year!

FUCK NYC
FUCK the Yanks
FUCK the Mets
WAR three of the four highest payrolls in MLB (Yanks, Mets, Tigers) not making the playoffs!

Bwaaha. And RACK the Brew Crew for ending the skid. Ned Yost is probably a little pissed right now.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Looking forward to tomorrow's game at the Cell...Tigers can play the spoila for your Sox. I don't like the Twins or the Sox...just would like to end the year on somewhat of a high note. It definitely doesn't make up for a what huge disappointment it was. If they can ruin another team's year, that would put a smile on my face.

Gavin Floyd vs. Freddy Garcia @ 2 p.m. (Eastern)
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

Will this be Freddy's first start in a Tigers uniform? How ironic. In 05 he was all that he was cracked up to be, now he's playing for the Tigers on a minor-league deal.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:Will this be Freddy's first start in a Tigers uniform?

Nope...2 starts, 1-1 record, 10.0 IP, 9 SO, 3 BB, 4.50 ERA...his win came in his first start back on 17th at Texas. He is going to throw winter ball...no word on what the Tigers' plans are for him.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Screw_Michigan wrote:RACK no playoff baseball in NYC this year!

FUCK NYC
FUCK the Yanks
FUCK the Mets
WAR three of the four highest payrolls in MLB (Yanks, Mets, Tigers) not making the playoffs!

Bwaaha. And RACK the Brew Crew for ending the skid. Ned Yost is probably a little pissed right now.
Very, very little you and I agree on but you nailed this one. :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Typical Tiger loss yesterday...the bullpen implodes and they fold like a tent in a game they were competitive in for 6 innings. Garcia looked pretty good...too bad his start had to be cut short. That Ramirez homer was a no-doubter even before the ball even left his bat. I've been thinking for a while that he reminds a lot of Soriano when he's in the batter's box and that home run last night really looked a lot like him...Phillips mentioned that during one of the replays.

Looking forward to the tiebreaker tonight...Blackburn vs. Danks. Both guys haven't been all that good against the opposing team...Blackburn has a 5.67 ERA against the Sox and Danks has a 7.91 ERA against the Twins. It could be a night for the offenses. I'm sure that sweep in the Metrodome is still fresh in the Sox minds...they can erase the memory of that with a win tonight.

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index.js ... de=preview
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

rozy wrote:
Screw_Michigan wrote:RACK no playoff baseball in NYC this year!

FUCK NYC
FUCK the Yanks
FUCK the Mets

Very, very little you and I agree on but you nailed this one. :lol:
Albatross Palin wrote:I have a vast variety of sources where we get our news too.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Albatross? McLame would be down by 20 points had he not picked her. We far right wing religious nutjobs would have stayed home.
But that's politics and this is baseball. Election season this year is coinciding with Red Sox season, so try and stay in context, mmmkay?
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Shoalzie wrote:Looking forward to the tiebreaker tonight...Blackburn vs. Danks. Both guys haven't been all that good against the opposing team...Blackburn has a 5.67 ERA against the Sox and Danks has a 7.91 ERA against the Twins. It could be a night for the offenses. I'm sure that sweep in the Metrodome is still fresh in the Sox minds...they can erase the memory of that with a win tonight.

Of course it would it end up being a 1-0 final where the game was scoreless into the 7th inning. I found it funny that even Blackburn after the game said he would've expected more offense last night.

That was definitely a playoff kind of a game...great atmosphere, great pitching and a couple big plays leading to the ultimate result. Old Man Griffey throwing out Hansen at the plate, Thome's moon shot of a home run and Anderson's diving catch for the 27th out.

If you were to tell me before the season the Central would have a play-in game, my immediate thought would've been Tigers vs. Indians...credit to Gardenhire and Guillen on showing that they are the two best skippers in the division. Also, Kenny Williams should be up for executive of the year for what he's done this year.