Good Deals - Reputable Websites

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

KC Scott

Good Deals - Reputable Websites

Post by KC Scott »

So maybe we can try something a little different - actually helping each other out :doh:

From time to time we all want to buy shit over the web without getting pikkkled -so maybe we can keep a thread of decent deals / reputable websites.

My contribution: http://www.adiamor.com/

The wife and I are getting ready to celebrate 15 years together, and she had been hinting (OK, just flat out saying) a platinum ring was the thing. So went on-line and looked at a bunch of styles and she finally (after looking at 200 or so freaking settings) found what she wanted on Blue Nile. We wern't getting a new stone, the 1.5 ct. Marquis she has is just fine, but she wanted a new setting. Before I bought from BN I went to my local jewler to see if he had anything close in price - I'd spend with him if it was. He didn't and then tried to talk me into white gold which just isn't the same. He was at $4,800 for the same setting that BN had for $4,100 - no dice. So I got home and called BN to order and they tell me they won't sell me just the setting, I have to buy a new center stone too. Said they had too many returns of prongs being broken, wrong sizes, etc. Bullshit. I told them I'd send he current ring (I had the diamond mapped when I bought it) and they could set it. No - sorry fuck you mr. would be customer we don't want your money. So faced with telling the wife she wasn't getting the ring it took he a month to find or shelling out for a new center stone which wasn't happening, I started looking, and looking, and looking. Finally found Adiamor, and not only did I find the exact same setting as BN, but it was $1,700 cheaper :shock:

So with no uncertain amount of trepidation, I called, talked to them, thy sounded reputable so I bought it. It arrived Friday and I took it to my Jewler to have the stone set from her original ring ($100 to do that) - but he confirmed it was 950 platinum and the side set rocks were color/weight clarity as described. So long and short - if any of you are looking for a good price on Jelwery that won't fuck you (but hopefully you get well fucked for buying it for her) I'll recommend Adiamor.