Well, tonight is the NIGHT!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

.m2
I swear to god . . .

Well, tonight is the NIGHT!

Post by .m2 »

Aaron Rodgers will be making his first NFL start EVER. Yeah, it's preseason, but there has never been a qb in NFL history with more pressure to perform than Aaron has trying to replace a midwestern "god".

This kind of pressure on a guy who has NEVER started a single game in the NFL.

People keep talking about how well Aaron has handled the "pressure" and maintained utter poise and class.

I can tell you from a personal standpoint.... that this kind of pressure is NOTHING compared to taking classes at the University of California (Top academic universities in the WORLD)

Herm Edwards put it best....

On NFL.com, team video on Tony Gonzalez (7/29) has Herm talking about the pressure on Gonzalez his first year as a first round pick and remarks "...but those guys from Cal can handle that". Around the 1:52 mark.

Aaron Rodgers is going to show tonight why he was the "right" choice to start for the Green Bay Packers, albeit about 2 years too late.

The Packer players have been saying how much harder Aaron throws than "the hillbilly", yet has touch.

This isn't a big surprise being that Aaron Rodgers holds the NCAA College Football record for most completions in a row at 23.

Tonight is going to be a treat for NFL fans everywhere.... even for the retarded "Packer fans" that have no idea what they've had sitting on the bench.

On a National stage.... MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL

this is the kind of pressure in which Aaron Rodgers will shine his brightest...

ENJOY!

ImageImage
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Re: Well, tonight is the NIGHT!

Post by DallasFanatic »

This thread will be the beginning of the end for you m2. Lets keep this bad boy running throughout the year to update the status of Rogers. I'm guessing he'll be done by mid season and we'll see Brohm.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

DallasFanatic wrote:This thread will be the beginning of the end for you m2. Lets keep this bad boy running throughout the year to update the status of Rogers. I'm guessing he'll be done by mid season and we'll see Brohm.
I’m hoping that his little stick legs will hold up that long.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

.m2 wrote:...there has never been a qb in NFL history with more pressure to perform than Aaron has trying to replace a midwestern "god".

this is the kind of pressure in which Aaron Rodgers will shine his brightest...
It's a fucking pre-season game. He probably won't play more than the 1st quarter.

Yeah, some pressure.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

I ignore college football. So I have to ask of those other NFL + NCAA fans not named m2 a question: is it standard operating procedure to root for players from your favorite college team once they get to the NFL? Or, is it normal? Healthy even?

I just don't know. I've never seen anyone do what m2 has with regard to Rodgers.

velocet
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Hyperbole....thy name is m2ool.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

velocet wrote:I ignore college football. So I have to ask of those other NFL + NCAA fans not named m2 a question: is it standard operating procedure to root for players from your favorite college team once they get to the NFL? Or, is it normal? Healthy even?
Sure it's normal to root for them, show some pride in their school, whatever... but it's definitely not normal to develop an obsessive man-crush to this extent.

Then again, this is mtool, so just throw "normal" right out the window.

The ironic and funny thing about this is that most pro players couldn't give a shit about whatever school they went to about the exact same time they cash their first big paycheck.
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Let's give him a little rope on this one. This is all NE had backing up Bledsoe when he got hurt. :D

MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Is that Wags?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:Is that Wags?
He wishes.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

velocet wrote:I ignore college football. So I have to ask of those other NFL + NCAA fans not named m2 a question: is it standard operating procedure to root for players from your favorite college team once they get to the NFL? Or, is it normal? Healthy even?

Absofreakinglutely.

Jonathan Stewart will be the no-brainer Offensive ROY.

See?

BTW-Favre is the second best QB on the Jets.

Maurice Morris will be in the Pro Bowl.

Demetrius Williams will be there as well.

I can go on, if you like.

Don't even get me started on Joey Harrington's HoF credentials.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

It sure is quiet in here....

Too funny!

DallasFanatic wrote:This thread will be the beginning of the end for you m2.
Maybe you didn't get the memo..... "the truth" is NEVER wrong.

DallasFanatic wrote:Lets keep this bad boy running throughout the year to update the status of Rogers.
Sounds good to me.... let's start right now, shall we ?

Aaron Rodgers was 9/15 with 3 drops that were right on the money. One bounced right off the wide receiver's numbers for a pick. Couldn't have made a better throw.

117 yards passing in just 1 quarter of play.... with a TD.

You can't faze him.... he's money.

Crow can be served many ways this year.... I'm taking orders.

DallasFanatic wrote: I'm guessing he'll be done by mid season and we'll see Brohm.
Brian Brohm was 5/11 and 49 yards with an interception.... in his 1 quarter of play.

Don't EVER question..... the truth
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

On a side note....

...since it's going to be real quite in here, with all the "dipshit's" busy eating their Crow.

Cal scientists close to making men invisible

Link
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The 'lil bugger does try hard, I'll give him that.

Hell, Brody Croyle looked good in his one quarter of pre-season work also.

Convene the HOF committee.
Cosmo Kramer
Troublemaker
Location: Smack dab in the middle of a fucking immigration free-for-all

Post by Cosmo Kramer »

It's pre-season, but I think Packer fans can breathe a little easier....time will tell. #12 GO PACK GO!
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

.m2 wrote:On a side note....

...since it's going to be real quite in here,
Real quite WHAT?

Stupid motherfucker. :meds:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

Yeah, as long as Rodgers gets to face a defense that doesn't really gameplan for him or his team (it is preseason) and, on top of that, one that finished ranked 27th in the league the prior year (which is what we have to go on, and I haven't seen where a drastic overhaul has taken place in the Bengals draft or free agency), we can be sure that Rodgers will defy the laws of the Hall of Fame and be enshrined before his playing days are over.

That's sayin' something.

velocet
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

velocet wrote:Yeah, as long as Rodgers gets to face a defense that doesn't really gameplan for him or his team (it is preseason) and, on top of that, one that finished ranked 27th in the league the prior year (which is what we have to go on, and I haven't seen where a drastic overhaul has taken place in the Bengals draft or free agency), we can be sure that Rodgers will defy the laws of the Hall of Fame and be enshrined before his playing days are over.

That's sayin' something.

velocet

I may be just a dispassionate mathematician, but the phrase "correlation does not imply causation" comes immediately to mind here.

A gross oversimplification and, to date, an unverified hypothesis.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

tool wrote:Aaron Rodgers was 9/15 with 3 drops that were right on the money. One bounced right off the wide receiver's numbers for a pick. Couldn't have made a better throw.
He deserved the INT he had and was lucky he didn't have another one also.
He badly under-threw R. Martin down the sideline and if the DB had decent coverage that would have been a pick.

On the INT he threw the ball into heavy traffic, and while he has a decent arm, it's not a gun.
INT's can easily happen in a case like that.

Further, on the TD pass, that was ALL J. Jones.
Overthrown pass by Rogers (could have easily been another pick), great catch and run by Jones.

So-so performance by the Cal dude.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

the dog eater wrote:
tool wrote:Aaron Rodgers was 9/15 with 3 drops that were right on the money. One bounced right off the wide receiver's numbers for a pick. Couldn't have made a better throw.
He deserved the INT and was lucky he didn't have another one also.
Did you recently move to Kansas City ?

the dog eater wrote:He badly under-threw R. Martin down the sideline and if the DB had decent coverage that would have been a pick.
Only someone from Kansas City can be this stupid.

You do know that play is practiced everyday in practice right ?

You know.... when the QB sees the DB in a full out sprint with his back turned, it's under thrown on purpose.

You did know this, right ?
the dog eater wrote:and while he has a decent arm, it's not a gun.
You mean the same guy that threw the ball on one knee through the uprights from the 50 yard line while he was in College.... that guy ?

Sounds like someone is jealous that they could have had Aaron Rodgers for a 4th round draft pick a couple of years ago.... and now is stuck with a BUST in JaMarcus Russell.

... and he will be a BUST.

Tough luck, pop-tah.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

.m2 wrote:I may be just a dispassionate mathematician, but the phrase "correlation does not imply causation" comes immediately to mind here.

:lol:

NOW what "comes immediately to mind here" is that you're attempting, fittingly, the Charlatan's Classic Baffle 'Em With Bullshit gambit.

Your BEWB is showing and it ain't pretty.

velocet
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Nice spin on the badly underthrown ball by Rogers.
Did you recently move to Rochester?

This doesn't have a thing to do with JaMarcus Russell, it just has to do with me watching highlights of Rogers and seeing that he looked ... so-so.

So good throws and some pretty horrawful throws.
Verrah lucky to get out of the night with a 1-1 TD-INT ratio.
Could have quite easily been 0-3 on that score.

Bengals DO have a pretty stought defense, though. haha
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

Wait till the regular season m2. I mean come on, are you really getting all pumped up over 1 quater of preseason football? Get a grip man. When the regular season comes around we'll see who the quiet one is.

By the way, wasn't it Kyle Boller who threw the ball on one knee from midfield? I don't recall Aaron performing that little trick but I may be wrong.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

.m2 wrote:The Packer players have been saying how much harder Aaron throws than "the hillbilly", yet has touch.
:lol: Even his own coach said he has no touch.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

DallasFanatic wrote:By the way, wasn't it Kyle Boller who threw the ball on one knee from midfield? I don't recall Aaron performing that little trick but I may be wrong.
Actually, m2 cupped both of Rodgers’ balls on one knee at midfield. And that’s the TRUTH.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

DallasFanatic wrote:I mean come on, are you really getting all pumped up over 1 quater of preseason football?

It's called "being a fan."
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

Cosmo Kramer wrote:It's pre-season, but I think Packer fans can breathe a little easier....time will tell. #12 GO PACK GO!
Yep- solid debut today. Hopefully when Grant gets back the max protect will be a little better for Rodgers because Jackson was just terrible at picking up the blitz today. They got thru their first preseason game without any major injuries, so that is a win in my book.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Props to Packer fan for the warm welcome for Aaron.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

MgoBlue-LightSpecial wrote:
.m2 wrote:The Packer players have been saying how much harder Aaron throws than "the hillbilly", yet has touch.
:lol: Even his own coach said he has no touch.
If Aaron has touch, he has the kind Phil Collins screamed about.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

velo,

to answer your earlier question, I will generally root for PSU players who make it to the NFL level. Often my PSU rooting interest is superseded by my Steeler rooting interest, though.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

PSUFAN wrote:Often my PSU rooting interest is superseded by my Steeler rooting interest, though.

Keith Lewis is possibly the worst player on a team that's possibly going to compete for being the worst team...

And I still root for My Boy to do wonderful things for the Niners... even though Keith is pretty much a douche... much like your Larry Johnson.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

LJ defines the "nice kid tries to show tough" phenomenon. He's anything but street...but it's important to him to have that sort of cred. I guess it works for him - he has incredible physical talent, and a huge chip on his shoulder.

His parents are some of the best people in the state Pennsylvania...honestly.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

To be honest, I love watching LJ run being a Chiefs fan but I wish he had been traded a year ago for a couple of reasons. I think he has poor character and I'm afraid his value will drop and his legs will fall off in the near future. If LJ doesn't stay healthy this year (and god knows this O-line will do everything in their power to make sure he gets killed since they suck), his value will be maybe a 3rd round draft pick at best. Coulda gotten a 1st rounder a year ago and maybe even this year. He's a great talent, but he doesn't respect women.

As for Iowa players......yes, I root for them when they're in the NFL. I'm proud of the fact that Bob Sanders won defensive player of the year, that Aaron Kampman is a pro bowler, that Dallas Clark has formed into a darn good tight end, etc... I root for them all to succeed.....except when their team is playing the Chiefs.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

TheJON wrote:If LJ doesn't stay healthy this year (and god knows this O-line will do everything in their power to make sure he gets killed since they suck), his value will be maybe a 3rd round draft pick at best. Coulda gotten a 1st rounder a year ago and maybe even this year. He's a great talent, but he doesn't respect women.
Well, he might if they blocked a little better.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

TheJON wrote:To be honest, I love watching LJ run being a Chiefs fan but I wish he had been traded a year ago...
A year ago, he had just come off of back to back monster seasons and was one of the most highly rated RB's in the league and still every bit in his prime. If he had been traded rather than given a huge contract, the howls of indignation from Chiefs fan would've dwarfed those of the Jared Allen trade.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Dinsdale wrote:BTW-Favre is the second best QB on the Jets.

Make that the 3rd best qb on the team.... the Jets have a Northern California kid on the team.

Who just happens to be the qb that took over for Aaron Rodgers at Butte JC in Northern California when Aaron went on to Cal.

Being a "Northern California" kid like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, I'd say he showed up as expected in his debut with the Jets last week.....

Brett Ratliff 14/20 with 252 yards passing and 2 TD's with 0 INT's.

Favre is going to be the biggest "fraud" in the NFL this year..... I could even see him being "benched" for one of the better QB's on the team, at some point during the season.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

.m2 wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:BTW-Favre is the second best QB on the Jets.

Make that the 3rd best qb on the team.... the Jets have a Northern California kid on the team.

Who just happens to be the qb that took over for Aaron Rodgers at Butte JC in Northern California when Aaron went on to Cal.

Being a "Northern California" kid like Aaron Rodgers and Tom Brady, I'd say he showed up as expected in his debut with the Jets last week.....

Brett Ratliff 14/20 with 252 yards passing and 2 TD's with 0 INT's.

Favre is going to be the biggest "fraud" in the NFL this year..... I could even see him being "benched" for one of the better QB's on the team, at some point during the season.
m2ool's myopia truly knows NO boundaries....you really gotta dial it down a few notches, Board Bitch. You're starting to make RaydahFan jealous.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Did Monday night really count as his first start? I know how m2 gets a huge boner over how his Cal guys do in exhibition games when clearly every player on the field is going balls out.

Anywho...call me when the games count and we'll see how he does against the Vikes in Week 1 when the bright lights are on him.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Anywho...call me when the games count and we'll see how he does against the Vikes in Week 1 when the bright lights are on him.
I don't know how Rodgers will end up doing, but it sure as fuck couldn't be any worse than the rest of Tedford's NFL QB's.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Shoalzie wrote: I know how m2 gets a huge boner

This should be good...