AFC/NFC check in

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

trev
New Sheriff in Town

AFC/NFC check in

Post by trev »

Represent your team. You all know the drill. Chargers. We all know AFC west rules this board every year, but don't get all sensitive if your team isn't in the AFC west. Feel free to start your own thread with your own division. Make sure you live in the city you represent and aren't in here bandwagoning another team. Poptart gets a pass on that one.
Last edited by trev on Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: AFC West check in

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:Make sure you live in the city you represent and aren't in here bandwagoning another team.

Get fucked.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I am IN, of course, but perhaps a Non-AFC check in would be an even better idea.

We all know that there is more AFC West talk in here than any other division, even though we have 'lost' quite a number of West fans over the years ... for various reasons.
I won't point fingers.

I'd like to see a thread for any fan who happens to read this board to check in, just to see what teams are represented here.

I might start that thread.

... or not.

The AFC West, by virtue of it's total fan dominance is CLEARLY the most compelling division in the NFL.

That's a given.

Get fucked, other faggot fans, you don't rate.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

poptart wrote:I am IN, of course, but perhaps a Non-AFC check in would be an even better idea.

We all know that there is more AFC West talk in here than any other division, even though we have 'lost' quite a number of West fans over the years ... for various reasons.
I won't point fingers.
'Lost' to gender reassignment.

He who still has a pair has no issue with pointing the finger...

When was the last time the AFC Worst won a Super Bowl? Elway?

Errrr, wait a minute, might be time for H-Town to check back out of this one... :oops:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Checking in to report that KC has just signed their #1 draft pick (5th overall) Glenn motherfucking Dorsey for an obscene amount of money.

Trezelle Jenkins, Junior Siavii, and Ryan Sims think you got paid too much.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

BSmack wrote:
trev wrote:Make sure you live in the city you represent and aren't in here bandwagoning another team.

Get fucked.
There are exceptions. You can provide an explanation why you are whoring out to another team outside your city/state.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Jsc810 wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Checking in to report that KC has just signed their #1 draft pick (5th overall) Glenn motherfucking Dorsey for an obscene amount of money.
Dorsey will be in the Pro Bowl soon, if not this year.
No, he fucking wont.

In 2005, he started in 1 out of 13 games-and his work ethic was highly questioned as was his inability to control his weight.

'06 and '07 were much of the same with him-only add in a busted down knee and tailbone injuries, one of which is still not fully healed after 2 years (knee), which is why he slipped to KC in the first place.

Wake the rest of us when this fragile, gimpy knee'd sack of overrated shit plays a full season for the first time in 4 fucking years.

Dorsey has bust written all over his injured ass. Pure and simple.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RJ wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:
War Wagon wrote:Checking in to report that KC has just signed their #1 draft pick (5th overall) Glenn motherfucking Dorsey for an obscene amount of money.
Dorsey will be in the Pro Bowl soon, if not this year.
No, he fucking wont.

In 2005, he started in 1 out of 13 games-and his work ethic was highly questioned as was his inability to control his weight.

'06 and '07 were much of the same with him-only add in a busted down knee and tailbone injuries, one of which is still not fully healed after 2 years (knee), which is why he slipped to KC in the first place.

Wake the rest of us when this fragile, gimpy knee'd sack of overrated shit plays a full season for the first time in 4 fucking years.

Dorsey has bust written all over his injured ass. Pure and simple.
Lemme get this straight- you're going to call G. Dorsey a BUST despite ALL the experts AND even a guy here that has probably seen him play every single game in LSU Tiger gear????

Seriously....OFF THIS SHIT TROLL right now.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

trev wrote:
BSmack wrote:

Get fucked.
There are exceptions. You can provide an explanation why you are whoring out to another team outside your city/state.
Because I live in San Diego?

Go Cards.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Re: AFC/NFC check in

Post by Loganfan »

trev wrote:Represent your team. You all know the drill. Chargers. We all know AFC west rules this board every year, but don't get all sensitive if your team isn't in the AFC west. Feel free to start your own thread with your own division. Make sure you live in the city you represent and aren't in here bandwagoning another team. Poptart gets a pass on that one.

If the damn CHargers would just win a SUper Bowl I could die and get out of MV's hair
R.I.P. Dennard/BP/Scritti
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

mvscal wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Go Cards.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
He's trying way to hard to win this suck off thing
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

AFC West may get the most run on this board, but don't let that confuse all of you from the most competitive division in all of football: The AFC South

2 teams with legit Super Bowl contenders and 2 teams who are playoff contenders.

Strap on your seatbelts, nogs, The South is about to rise again.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RJ wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Dorsey will be in the Pro Bowl soon, if not this year.
No, he fucking wont.
Can't you read? You're only supposed to respond if you live in the same city as your team.
You mean when he was behind two returning All Americans at DT?

That 2005?

He played every game last year... Lombardi Award, Outland Trophy, Nagurski Award, and Lott Award out front should have told you.

Let's see... he played every game his senior year... every game his junior year... and every game of his sophmore year. Breaking in as a frosh, he missed a couple, since he was kinda behind multiple All Americans returning to the team that kinda won the championship.

So... what were you babbling about again? Something about easily the most dominant player in CFB last year... you know, that guy who was by far the driving force on the team he LED to the championship?
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

RJ can respond, he has a sound explanation for the team he follows. Plus, he's in here to talk NFL, not troll.
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Dinsdale wrote:
RJ wrote:
Jsc810 wrote:Dorsey will be in the Pro Bowl soon, if not this year.
No, he fucking wont.
Can't you read? You're only supposed to respond if you live in the same city as your team.
49er cocksnuggler says what?

Christ, you're fucking stupid.

Let's see... he played every game his senior year... every game his junior year... and every game of his sophmore year.
This cracks me the fuck up. What % of the snaps did he participate in again?

But hey, he appeared in every game, so he must be durable as fuck, huh? Wrong.

His knee is fucked, and his tibia is a ticking time bomb waiting to blast off on him. The first "real" cutblock this overrated slit gets thrown on him by an NFL lineman will be the detonator. Period.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RJ wrote:
49er cocksnuggler says what?

Christ, you're fucking stupid.

Really?

You're the one that apparently needs :rolleyes: and shit attached to posts for them to make sense, yet I'm stupid?

You root for the Chiefs, right?

This cracks me the fuck up. What % of the snaps did he participate in again?

Almost all of them.

I know this is the part where you try and look all smart and stuff... but you're dealing with people who actually watched LSU games for the last 4 years.

His knee is fucked, and his tibia is a ticking time bomb waiting to blast off on him.
Hmmm.... a bunch of guys with the letters "MD" after their name seemed to disagree with you.

Sure, those "MD"-types DO live in KC... I'll grant you that... but they didn't seem nearly as concerned about it as you are.

The first "real" cutblock this overrated slit gets thrown on him by an NFL lineman will be the detonator. Period.

The first down he ever played in his CFB career... he walked on the field, and made a play which won the game. And that's how he's been rolling ever since. All dude does is makes plays that win games... period.

Easily the best player in CFB last season.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:Actually there is one legit superbowl contender and 1 legit playoff contender and the Texans fall in neither of those categories.
Care to explain why J-Ville isn't considered a Super Bowl contender?

Care to explain why Houston and Tennessee aren't playoff contenders?

Tennessee made the playoffs last year, so what is different about it this year? Nothing really.

Houston won 8 games without Green, Schaub, and Johnson being on the field for more than 3 games. Green has some backup now and Alex Gibbs is arguably the best offensive line coach in the game. How does that not translate to two more wins?
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Loganfan wrote:If the damn CHargers would just win a SUper Bowl I could die and get out of MV's hair
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
RJ
Elwood

Post by RJ »

Diogenes wrote:
Loganfan wrote:If the damn CHargers would just win a SUper Bowl I could die and get out of MV's hair

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK
Loganfan
Anti-Spam Fan

Post by Loganfan »

I'm booking my flight....where's it, Tampa or somewhere this year?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

I'll do what I can without getting a citation from the mods.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

trev wrote:There are exceptions. You can provide an explanation why you are whoring out to another team outside your city/state.
Neither the Patriots nor the Panthers reference a city or state in their franchise name. Who shall root for these teams?

How many states don't have NFL franchises? Who shall these people root for? Must all people from NY root for Buffalo… or is it okay to root for the New Jersey Jets/Giants?

Did you really think this abortion of a thread through… or did you just mash the coat hanger button as per usualm? How many new peeps are "new here" that you need a recap of who roots for whom… or is your brain pickled from too many Vodka and Tomsdicks?
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

St. Louis is a long way from New England. That's all you need to know.

I think you get my point.

Feel free to explain yourself.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

And Houston is too close to New Orleans... what the fuck is your point?

I root for the Patriots... end of story. Feel free to go fuck yourself, coat hanger masher...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I don't know if Dorsey will be a beast or a bust, but when a big dude like him has already had significant leg problems it's something that you have to wonder about.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jsc810 wrote: Dorsey will be in the Pro Bowl soon, if not this year. Be happy.
Be happy?

We're in the 20th year of a 5 year SB plan.

We're looking at local TV blackouts that haven't happened in these parts since 1990.

We don't give a flying fuck if he makes the Pro Bowl, ever.

All Chiefsfan is concerned about is will he help to make this team a winner.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

War Wagon wrote:We're looking at local TV blackouts that haven't happened in these parts since 1990.

Look on the bright side, bro... at least now you'll get to watch a real AFC team from 12-3 CST every Sunday, no? New England, Indy, Pitt, Jacksonville... heck, even Cleveland often play the early game on Sundays. Chin up, little fella....
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Hopelessly devoted LionFan... :oops:
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
War Wagon wrote:We're looking at local TV blackouts that haven't happened in these parts since 1990.

Look on the bright side, bro... at least now you'll get to watch a real AFC team from 12-3 CST every Sunday, no? New England, Indy, Pitt, Jacksonville... heck, even Cleveland often play the early game on Sundays. Chin up, little fella....
Stay CLASSY, ucunt.... :meds:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:And Houston is too close to New Orleans... what the fuck is your point?

I root for the Patriots... end of story. Feel free to go fuck yourself, coat hanger masher...
You're a fraud.

End of story.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Most Packer fans do not live in Green Bay. Everything’s ho-hum in the Packer camp as we gear up for another deep run in the playoffs.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

mvscal wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Everything’s ho-hum in the Packer camp as we gear up for another deep run in the playoffs.
Assuming Bart Farv-ruh plays.
Nonsense. We have Rodgers and Brohm to carry the day. Favre in gonzo, McCarthy already said Rodgers is the starter.

Of course, if Rodgers snaps a leg before they can get a trade put together....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
poptart wrote:when a big dude like him has already had significant leg problems it's something that you have to wonder about.
Like Anthony Munoz?
Or John Randle?

Or Kyle Vanden Bosch?

Bruce Smith? He was pretty good, IIRC.

Dwight Freeney?

How many games has Haloti Ngata missed so far?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

trev wrote:
BSmack wrote:

Get fucked.
Rochester hasn't had an NFL team since Calvin Coolige was President. Tell me you knew?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

I feel more than confident the 'Skins will go 8-8 this season with the acquisition of Jason Taylor instead of 7-9. Either way, it's a WIN-WIN for me.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I feel more than confident the 'Skins will go 8-8 this season with the acquisition of Jason Taylor instead of 7-9. Either way, it's a WIN-WIN for me.

I never knew who was your NFL team before...just knew that you like the Sox and the 'Hawks. Are you pretty much adopting all the DC teams now that you're there? Still loyal to the Chi-town teams? I'm not picking on you, you're just someone that I know that moved to another city to find work and had strong ties to other teams in your previous city. I don't know the common practice of being a transplant and knowing whether or not you start following the teams in your new town.

I just came back from visiting my dad this weekend in Milwaukee. He's lived over there for almost a dozen years but lived in Michigan most of his life. He keeps up with the Brewers and Packers but still follows the Tigers, Lions and Wings through reading the Detroit papers online or through talking to me on the phone. He actually did live minutes from Lambeau Field when he was a little kid so I guess I understand the Packers angle and he's always been a big Favre fan. My sister moved to Houston after college and has started to follow the Astros, Texans and Rockets but still keeps up on the local teams back home.

I don't know but to me I'd have a hard time just jumping on board and root for your new hometown teams just out of convenience. I realize it would be tougher to keep up with your old teams back home because of where you live and they might not be on TV or they don't get much national coverage. Let's say I take a job in another state near another major sports city...I'd have a difficult time rooting for the teams there after rooting for the Lions, Tigers, Wings, Pistons and Michigan for my entire life. I'd do my best to keep up with my original teams...I'd say to hell with wherever I'm living and those teams, I'll stay loyal to the Detroit/Michigan teams. I can see adapting to the way of life in the new city and all but sports teams aren't something you change each time you move.

Maybe that's just me though...
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:

This could be true, now that you mention it. I might even have a few players in FFL... :idea: now wait just a damn minute. I see you working.

No, you're not going to get Gonzo at some bargain basement price. He's mine I tell ya'. Mine all mine. Just step the fuck off, beyotch.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Screw_Michigan wrote:I feel more than confident the 'Skins will go 8-8 this season with the acquisition of Jason Taylor instead of 7-9. Either way, it's a WIN-WIN for me.
You're moving to Miami next year?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Mvscal and Dinsy are pretty funnay in this thread.

Yes, you can bring out a list of players who overcame injury to go on to have outstanding careers.
Goes without saying.

You understand, however, that the list is FAR longer, of players who had early injury and could NOT overcome and had their careers derailed.

Further, this Dorsey, who Dinsdale perhaps rightfully stated, was the most dominant player in CFB last year, went only 5th in the draft, despite each of the four teams passing on him having at least reasonable need at his position.

Injury concern almost certainly played a part in those teams passing him over.

Any rational person realizes that with Dorsey, you have to wonder about his leg condition and the weight that he carries around on that leg.

That is all.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Not to mention the 'duhs, who already have a full house backfield, drafted McFadden right before Dorsey, based on reasonable need.

'tart, you're spinning faster than BSmack at a Democratic Underground recruiting seminar.