The "Open"

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: The "Open"

Post by BSmack »

Goober McTuber wrote:Why don't you take a moment to put this into English. Look, I just asked the question because he doesn’t look like a blatant steroid abuser. According to what I’ve read, dude was 142 coming out of college, has added about 20 lbs. since. Not that big a deal, though he did take creatine (not sure of the tour's policy on that).
The IOC doesn't ban creatine, so I doubt the PGA does.
Prince Alexandre de Merode, chairman of the IOC medical commission, said that creatine, a form of amino acid, should be regarded as a food. "We don't tell people that they can't eat eggs or bread," he said. "Creatine is food, and there is no reason to ban it. You can't exaggerate, because it's not comparable to steroids."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... _n14186751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Given Villegas' age at the time of his transformation and his obviously high natural metabolism, I have no trouble accepting that he was able to pack 20-25 lbs of mostly muscle onto his 5'9" frame without resorting to HGH or other steroids within the period of 12-18 months.

Oh, and Dins, Villegas did gain body fat in addition to muscle fat. Did you read Goober's link? He was sporting a body fat % of 4.5 when he was a Gator. He most assuredly is up to at least 7-8 percent by now.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:
13-2.

Whenever I have a question about rules, I consult the experts.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

BSmack wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote:Why don't you take a moment to put this into English. Look, I just asked the question because he doesn’t look like a blatant steroid abuser. According to what I’ve read, dude was 142 coming out of college, has added about 20 lbs. since. Not that big a deal, though he did take creatine (not sure of the tour's policy on that).
The IOC doesn't ban creatine, so I doubt the PGA does.
Prince Alexandre de Merode, chairman of the IOC medical commission, said that creatine, a form of amino acid, should be regarded as a food. "We don't tell people that they can't eat eggs or bread," he said. "Creatine is food, and there is no reason to ban it. You can't exaggerate, because it's not comparable to steroids."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... _n14186751" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Given Villegas' age at the time of his transformation and his obviously high natural metabolism, I have no trouble accepting that he was able to pack 20-25 lbs of mostly muscle onto his 5'9" frame without resorting to HGH or other steroids within the period of 12-18 months.
May well have been longer than 12-18 months as well. Sounds like a process he worked on throughout his college career, typically a time when a lot of young men fill out quite a bit. I was 140 when I headed to college, 165 when I left.