Rate your draft

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Rate your draft

Post by Diogenes »

For once, the Suns exceeded my expectations. All I wanted was a center who could play D (and maybe make a free throw or two) And they get Robin Lopez. Who was hoping to drop to play in Phoenix.

Outstanding.

And trading for Dragic? The guy only tried out for one team (guess which one). He may not get in this season (Euro contract), but this draft was all about the future, with a nod to the present.

Not decided about Porter as head coach. But then, They're the Suns.

Never know what these fuckers will do.

And you got to love seeing Thunder Dan back.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Re: Rate your draft

Post by Dinsdale »

I'm not ignoring you-btw.

Just digesting it all so as to give it the Dinsdalian dissertation it deserves.

But... Jarryd Bayless was a fucking man amongst prepubescent boys in Vegas last night.

Appears to possibly be "the missing piece."

RACK the God known as Kevin Pritchard.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

bayless is a freak. ive been following him for, well, a year. but some of his you tube clips show what kind of player he is. but i would say he fits in well with portland. will be another starbury. the blazers will suck again this year. sorry to break it to you.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Here's the dealio --

The Blazers will win more games than Phoenix this season.

Bet the fucking rent on it.

And the beauty of it?

Even if by some massive fluke my prediction is incorrect and Phoenix does well...

It will be because a fucking TRAILBLAZER took the helm in Phoenix.

A Trailblazer who used to fucking PWN! the Suns... bigtime. They could make an hour-long career highlight video just of Porter hitting game-winners against Phoenix and Utah.

Although Bayless at PG is a little worrysome so far... with like 54 points to go with his 2 assists in Vegas. BRoy will be running the point much of the time, but still... there's 4 other guys out there, bro...

One of them being Peter Kopenen, who was drafted last year, but finished up his Euro contract. He's looking good, too.

Then there's the best player outside of the USA... or used to be. Rudy is now ready to come tear it up Stateside.

Oh... and there is that one big dude, who is working out with rubber bands and beach balls, and is barred from the weightroom... but managed to bulk up to about 300 pounds while losing body fat.

Words can't really describe just how much trouble you guys are in. If Fernandez works out like people believe he will, that would be the Blazers drafting the four best players available in a 2 year span.

Wait... I guess we didn't draft Rudy Fernandez...

Phoenix did. And a sincere thanks to D'Antoni (part of the Blazer family) for being such a completely incompetent GM, to the point Kerr had to trade Rudy for cash...

BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

It's going to take you fools a few years to undo the damage that putting an unqualified GM at the helm did.

But enjoy Boris Diaw... for a looooong time.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Morey getting Dorsey and Greene AND an extra second round pick in '09 out of the deal was not too shabby.

I tend to hold a report card until I actually see waht comes of it, but after seeing Greene go off for 40 in his summer league debut, that is promising.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Greene go off for 40 in his summer league debut

Who won that game for Houston, anyway?

Ohhhh... that's right.

Quack Quack, MotherFucker.

I'll give the Rockets a "A" in the draft, for drafting a Duck two years in a row.

Maarty is a deceptively tough guy. 6'9" center in the freaking PAC10, yet was near the top of the national rebounding numbers his last couple of years.

Don't fuck with Maarty.