NHRA Summer Nationals

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

NHRA Summer Nationals

Post by War Wagon »

Yo, Paulio... I can't believe you didn't post a thread about the events at Heartland Park last week. You're slipping.

That was fucking awesome. John Force wins Funny Car for the 1st time since his horrific crash last year at Dallas. Hillary Will wins in Top Fuel... some vet wins in Pro Stock... crowds are freaking ginormous.

I'm still kicking myself for not going, but watched the tape delayed broadcast on ESPN2.

Did you make it?
Qbert

Re: NHRA Summer Nationals

Post by Qbert »

pretty Sweeet WIN for FORCE!!!!

crutches to Hillary Hottie as well!

looking forward to going back to Norwalk at the end of the Month. Budweisers topped off by a Roast Beef Sundae--->not kidding 'bout that!

pm if you want to know about it.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Cool, see if you can get some pics posted up in this bitch.

Now, where the fuck is Paul?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Sorry Wags....been trying to get my new drag car ready to race this weekend. Two-day event at KCIR.

Yeah, I went Friday and Sunday to HPT. GREAT time as always. Best of all, my little boy got to see, hear, and FEEL the Top Fuel dragsters and Funny Cars for the 1st time....he's still raving about how BAD ASS they are to see in person.

Saw Kenny Koretsky's Pro Stock crash on Friday- the sound it made when it hit the wall at the big end of the track was something I'll never forget. MAD PROPS to NHRA's Safety Safari for promptly getting to Captain Chaos and getting his ass out of that thing (other than some bumps and bruises he's fine- NHRA's mandated safety equipment is second to NONE in motorsports).

The place went absolutely NUTS when John Force won the F/C final. It just sucked that he had to take out Ashley in the 1st round to do it- I want to see her win the F/C title BADLY this year. She's a great girl and VERY cool to talk to. She also hooked my son up with an autographed Ashley Force T-shirt and lid because he told her she was his favorite race car driver. How cool is that? :D

My personal favorite drivers (the Summit Racing/KB Pro Stock team of Greg Anderson and Jason Line) shit the bed on Sunday, BOTH losing in the 1st round- they definitely need to get their shit together. Warren and Kurt Johnson's new engine program is clearly making more power than anybody else right now, and the Cagnazzi boys (Jeg Coughlin, Dave Connolly) are still running strong too. Team Summit/KB's down on power and seemingly lost on chassis tuning right now, and it SUCKS but that's racing.

ONLY DOWNSIDE: I spent more on fucking GAS going to and from Topeka on Friday and Sunday than I spent on ducats....but it was still worth it. I've been to every NHRA race at Topeka since the joint opened in 1989 and I'm not gonna miss one anytime soon. You should've told me you wanted to check it out Wags...I had room in my truck for one more.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

RevLimiter wrote: The place went absolutely NUTS when John Force won the F/C final.
I went nuts also, watching it at home on tape delay. The guy goes into the stands afterwards to thank the fans... I can see why you admire that guy.

I've been to every NHRA race at Topeka since the joint opened in 1989 and I'm not gonna miss one anytime soon.
Rack!

Keep doing what you do. I expect regular reports, and I want to know how it goes on Noland Road.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

War Wagon wrote:I expect regular reports, and I want to know how it goes on Noland Road.
I went 2 rounds in eliminations today at KCIR....car ran between 12.30-12.38 in the span of two qualifying passes and the 1st two rounds of eliminations. Lost the 3rd round because for some reason the car fell off over a tenth of a second (12.53) and pretty much handed the race to the guy I was racing. :brad:

Oh well....I'm happy for the 1st time out with it. Gotta get used to the higher stall converter and trans brake I put in it over the winter and do some fine-tuning on the suspension to get the thing to hook better and get my 60ft. times down some, but that all comes with seat time and learning what the car wants. Gonna wait until I get the focker in the 11s before I shoot the giggle juice to it, though- no sense in dropping 200+extra HP to it if the tires won't hook up. :twisted:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

hmmmm....

time~trials early....then it gets hotter....

did the tire's SHAKE at launch?

carb jets
ignition timing
rear~end gear

remember....my pops is the PRO.....i run a golf store.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Qbert wrote:hmmmm....

time~trials early....then it gets hotter....

did the tire's SHAKE at launch?
Nope.
carb jets
ignition timing
rear~end gear
Carbs belong in the Stone Age, Q....I'm dealing with electronic fuel injection here. Mine, in fact, is completely programmable and I've got it fairly close.
Duly noted, my friend. :wink:
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

RevLimiter wrote: Carbs belong in the Stone Age, Q....I'm dealing with electronic fuel injection here. Mine, in fact, is completely programmable and I've got it fairly close.
Duly noted, my friend. :wink:
exactly Paully.

back in the day....we ran Comp Eliminator C/ED which = today's Super Comp Car.

750 Holley on a 283 Chev small block. powerglide trannys from the vast junkyards of Ohio to boot.

back in the day = when Lingenfelter broke into the 6'es with the A/ED.