Iron Man

It's the 17th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Iron Man

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Yep, definitely looking forward to this one, as is my 9-year-old son (he asked to have us take him and his friends to see it for his upcoming birthday).

Previews look good, and somehow I think that RJ Downey will manage to be believable as the talented but selfish alcoholic Tony Stark.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Re: Iron Man

Post by battery chucka' one »

You should mess with him first by renting the Japanese film of the same name. :lol:
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

I went and saw it this afternoon. Good flick. It's not The Godfather or anything but it's definitely one of the better comic book/superhero movies. Robert Downey Jr. was great in the role of Tony Stark/Iron Man. This was probably the first Gwyneth Paltrow role that didn't annoy the living shit out of me.

8/10

Supposedly, the cast has signed on to do a trilogy. It's obvious that Terrance Howard will be donning the War Machine suit in the sequels. We'll see if they write it as more a villian-type as opposed to a sidekick.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Great flick to start the summer movie season.

Stay to the end of the closing credits. A nice surprise awaits you.
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Bobby42 wrote:Great flick to start the summer movie season.

Stay to the end of the closing credits. A nice surprise awaits you.
I read about that after I saw the movie. Damnit!
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Great fun. I actually liked it better than the Spiderman flicks.
Bobby42 wrote:Stay to the end of the closing credits. A nice surprise awaits you.
Thanks for the tip - I and my charges (my son and three of his frieds) sat through all the credits thanks to you...and it was well worth it. Samuel L. Jackson as Nick freaking Fury?!?! The "Avengers Initiative?!?!" Cool.
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Bobby42
Natural Man

Post by Bobby42 »

Glad to be of service.

Many folks I've talked with said they viewed the movie a 2nd time during the weekend. And most were not familiar with the comics title. I agree the flick tops Spiderman.

Robert Downey, Jr. fought for this role and it paid off. Big time. One could tell he had fun playing Tony Stark. Jeff Bridges also turned in a fine performance.

Great one-liners. My favorite:

"Is it better to be feared or respected? I say; is it too much to ask for both?"
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

i'm not a comics guy but i thought it was pretty average and plenty predictable.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Rack Fu wrote: It's obvious that Terrance Howard will be donning the War Machine suit in the sequels. We'll see if they write it as more a villian-type as opposed to a sidekick.
Neither. Stark will go on a drunken binge and Rhodes will have to take over.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Rack Fu
Harvester of Sorrow

Post by Rack Fu »

Diogenes wrote:
Rack Fu wrote: It's obvious that Terrance Howard will be donning the War Machine suit in the sequels. We'll see if they write it as more a villian-type as opposed to a sidekick.
Neither. Stark will go on a drunken binge and Rhodes will have to take over.
That's if they follow the original comic book storyline, which I doubt they will.