Royals fucking OWN the Evil Empire

Knock the cover off

Moderator: Cueball

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Royals fucking OWN the Evil Empire

Post by RevLimiter »

Zach Grienke straight up made the Yanks look BAD tonight....8 innings pitched, NO runs in a 4-0 shutout.

This team's FOR REAL, folks.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Re: Royals fucking OWN the Evil Empire

Post by SunCoastSooner »

RevLimiter wrote:Zach Grienke straight up made the Yanks look BAD tonight....8 innings pitched, NO runs in a 4-0 shutout.
What I don't get is that he wasn't that spectacular with his location by any means. His pitching was all over the place starting in the 5th inning.

I'm still trying to figure out if Gaithright (I think it was in the bottom of the sixth) screwed up and ran on the 3-2 pitch cause he knew it was a strike or Tehen missed the sign or just dsidn't swing on a hit and run. Looked in the dug out like it was more likely Gaithright made the mistake but didn't get much info on the situation since we were watching The Evil Empire Broadcasting Network (YES) with no sound.
This team's FOR REAL, folks.
Lets simmer down a bit and see what this team is doing a month from now. I am definatly enjoying the moment though.
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

We only need to go 75-79 the rest of the way to finish .500!!
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

TheJON wrote:We only need to go 75-79 the rest of the way to finish .500!!
You say that jokingly but that is seriously in the back of my mind. I'd rather that occurr than what happened three years ago and getting my hopes up for possible October ball before the September swoon. Hurt even more seeing all the magazines say we would win the division or possibly the wild card slot the next season and it being a complete and utter disaster!
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

Several things.

1. I was working at an Omaha radio station when they went through that massive (23 game?) losing streak a few years ago. It was harsh hearing Buddy give interviews after each game. I really hope that the team is for real this year.

2. I love Zach Grienke. If you ever want to hear something hilarious, check out his interviews sometime. Cracks me up to hear him say stuff such as making him face A-Rod in a game "wasn't fair". Funny guy. I'm glad they didn't pull the trigger and get rid of him.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
battery chucka' one
Elwood

Post by battery chucka' one »

I'll correct myself. It was only a 19 game slide.
Yadda, yadda, yadda.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Yes, ProZack provides some great entertainment. I think he is going to win himself multiple Cy Young's in the near future and I hope he stays in Kansas City for many years. He's a lot of fun to watch. But the guy, on top of having social anxiety, is a complete and utter moron. Probably the dumbest person to ever play major league baseball. But that's fine with me as long as he keeps pitching like he has. I don't pay to watch a bunch of Mensa's, I pay to watch some good baseball.
M Club
el capitán

Post by M Club »

TheJON wrote:I don't pay to watch a bunch of Mensa's...
a statement worth evaluating.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

e wrote:might want to check the score tonight, paul. the yanks are taking batting practice on hideo nomo in the 9th and running up the score.
I'm watching it, e....MAD props to the Yanks for gettting over on 49yr old Hideous Nomo and some scrub named Bale. I guess. :lol:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Yeah, no kidding..... What the fuck is Nomo doing on the roster? My goodness, he was throwing ducks up there. His fastball, with no movement, tops out at 87 and the only decent pitch he has is an 81 MPH splitter. There are better options than him at AAA such as Joel Peralta. How the heck is Peralta stuck at AAA and Nomo is on the big league roster? Peralta logged about 100 solid innings for us last year and Nomo hasn't been any good for 10 years. Some of the roster decisions are just plain dumb.

And John Bale......you suck. I've seen enough of you. I know we're not stacked with lefties, but there are better options than him. Tyler Lumsden is a better option. Heck, Jimmy Gobble is a better option than Bale. It's time for this organization to quit fucking around and start putting big league players on the big league roster.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

TheJON wrote:It's time for this organization to quit fucking around and start putting big league players on the big league roster.
:bode:
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The only thing the Royals "own" is the most obese fanbase this side of the ATL.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Keep it on topic, jackass.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Back to back complete game wins from Bannister and Grienke...

Zach is dumber than a box of rocks, but that was a dominant effort tonite at Safeco.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

War Wagon wrote:Back to back complete game wins from Bannister and Grienke...

Zach is dumber than a box of rocks, but that was a dominant effort tonite at Safeco.
3-0 with a .075 ERA.... :shock:

This JUST IN: The Royals have the lowest team ERA in the American League. I guess Dayton Moore DOES know good pitchers when he sees them.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Mikey wrote:The only thing the Royals "own" is the most obese fanbase this side of the ATL.

Have you watched the YES network this life time? Or seen a Rockies game on Television?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

TheJON wrote:Yeah, no kidding..... What the fuck is Nomo doing on the roster?
Good question. I have no idea.

And John Bale......you suck. I've seen enough of you. I know we're not stacked with lefties, but there are better options than him.
Luke Hochevar will be making his first MLB start on Sunday if they've got a clue.
Truman
Eternal Scobode

Post by Truman »

Mikey wrote:The only thing the Royals "own" is the hottest chick fanbase this side of the ATL.
FTFY, druggie....
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I just don't understand what they were thinking by putting Bale in the rotation......or on the big league roster, for that matter.

And Nomo.....you fucking call up Hideous Nomo but leave Joel Peralta in AAA???? Finally, they call up Peralta, but why wasn't he on the roster from the start or at the very least, why wasn't he called up a week ago instead of Nomo? Peralta was pretty solid for us last year logging over 100 innings. He earned himself a roster spot this year. Nomo, on the other hand, hasn't been good for 10 years.

I'd go so far as to say that Jorge De La Rosa was a better option than Bale if they just had to have a lefty in the rotation. Oh sure he's gonna get tore up 2 out of every 3 outings, but 1 decent performance out of 3 is better than Bale getting lit up in each of his outings.

Enough is enough. Let's put the 25 best players on the big league roster. I'm tired of seeing the Scott L-arton's and the John Bale's in Kansas City. AAA is where those bums belong. Hochevar should have been up from the start, Peralta should have been up from the start.

The rotation should have started out as

1.Meche
2.Bannister
3.Greinke
4.Hochevar
5.Tomko

Who cares if you don't have a lefty in the rotation? That lefty-righty matchup is overrated especially when it comes to starting pitching. I want the 5 best starters in the rotation at all times. If that means we have to throw out 5 righties, then so be it. Having 5 righties > 4 righties and John Bale.

Another thing we have got to do in the offseason is get a leadoff hitter. DeJesus is a fucking pussy. His hammy, his big toe......they're always bothering him. He stayed healthy last year for the first time in his career and now his vagina is bleeding again. Good lord, it's baseball. It's not a contact sport. What is up with all of these injury prone players? The only players that have any excuse for ever being injured consistently are pitchers. Some people just have bad luck with their arms when pitching. But players like DeJesus that get injured every time they run the damn bases probably don't spend enough time stretching or staying in shape. I run about 3-4 times a week probably 1-2 miles and I played baseball my whole life and you never hear me whining that my vag is cramping up. David injured his big toe running to first base. How in the fuck do you do that????

So, in conclusion.....it's time this organization goes out and gets players that aren't such big fucking pussies and starts putting their top 25 on the big league roster.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'll take Joey Gathwright over that fag DeJesus any day.

Speed kills.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

I'll disagree with that only because DeJesus can get on base more often. Obviously Gathright would steal a ton more bases but overall DeJesus is a better fit for a struggling lineup. Personally, I think we need to look for a leadoff hitter in the offseason. Gathright or DeJesus should be traded and the other become the 4th outfielder next year.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

I take Gathright as well over DeJesus.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Forget the debate on who should start in CF......I think the debate should be how many of our hitters deserve to start for a big league team? 1 or 2?

This is the most pathetic 5 game losing streak ever. The A's are the worst lineup in the history of baseball. There are better Rookie ball lineups than the bums they trot out there and they rack up 26 runs on 42 hits over 24 innings in a 3 game sweep. Then, the Indians come to town and rack up 15 runs on 17 hits after entering the game last in the AL in hitting at .239.

But the offense has actually been even more pitiful than the defense. We can't score runs, we can't get on base, and most games we get 0 runs and less than 2-3 hits after the 2nd or 3rd inning. There is no excuse for that. Jose Guillen has been an embarrassment to the game of baseball. Only 1 at-bat away from the Golden Sombrero last night. That's real impressive. Teahen is NOT a #3 hitter. Congrats to him for driving in his first run in about 13 games. Is it even possible for a #3 hitter to go 12-13 games without an RBI? Not one fucking hitter on this team can drive in a god damn run. I understand we don't have power, but for fuck's sake.....is it really that hard to get a sacrifice fly with a runner at 3rd and less than 2 outs or get a basehit with runners in scoring position maybe once out of every 40,000 at-bats????

Us Royals fans deserve better than this crap. We've put up with horrible baseball for long enough and many of us have stuck behind our team and now it's time for this organization to go get some better minor league coaches and start fucking developing some god damn hitters. We haven't developed one fucking hitter since Beltran came up in 1999. And this has been the most pathetic organization in baseball since 1994.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Nice rant, but it's a long season. Don't throw in the towell just yet.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Of course the A's are ahead of the Royals now because we just faced them in a 3 game series and they scored 26 runs on 42 hits and probably 18 walks.

The A's will end up hitting .249 as a team with maybe 130 HR's. They'll have a decent OBP because they don't ever fucking swing the bat. Of course, if I was their manager I wouldn't want any of those bums swinging either. That's an organization that encourages steroid use and their offense still sucks. Imagine how bad their players would be elsewhere if they weren't on the juice that Billy Beane gives them!

And defensively.......my goodness, your team is so bad that Emily Brown might be your best fielder!
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Post by TheJON »

Okay, now I'm officially convinced of Billy Beane's cheating. There's no coincidence that a lot of washed up bums go to Oakland and have big years (ie Frank Thomas) or guys that couldn't hack it somewhere but thrive in Oakland (ie Dan Haren). It's all juice. Jack Cust we know was on the juice. Tejada we know was on the juice. Canseco, McGwire (yes, I know that was before Beane's tenure in Oakland). But yesterday just proved everything I've always thought about that organization. Donnie frickin' Murphy hits 2 HR's???? What the fuck??? I never once saw him hit the ball out of the infield when he played with the Royals or with Omaha. Come on now, Donnie doesn't have power. And Emily Brown has 21 RBI's. You have got to be kidding me.

Dear Oakland,

Quit cheating. Win legitimately.

Sincerely,
The rest of baseball

Billy isn't a genius, he's a cheater. Period.