Props to the Steelers

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Props to the Steelers

Post by RevLimiter »

For whacking this fucking piece of shit: http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3302774" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Re: Props to the Steelers

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:It's pretty easy to take the high ground when the shitbird in question is a no talent slappy.
as evidenced by them keeping James Harrison, who was arrested for essentially the same thing.....
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:
mvscal wrote:It's pretty easy to take the high ground when the shitbird in question is a no talent slappy.
as evidenced by them keeping James Harrison, who was arrested for essentially the same thing.....
Harrison's Pro-Bowl resume is not the only difference between he and Wilson. From all reports, what Harrison did (though absolutely indefensible) was in the heat of the moment, whereas Wilson;

1. Already had a prior incident with this woman
2. During this second incident, is alleged to have attacked he in a deliberate, premeditated fashion with a far greater degree of violence than Harrison is alleged to have used. In short, he followed her to a restaurant and coldcocked her.

By no means does this excuse what Harrison did. But what Wilson has done would have Steeler Nation screaming for Ben Roethlisberger's release, much less some 3rd string wideout with a mouth that dwarfs his talent level. Also, he had the extreme misfortune of committing his crime AFTER Harrison was arrested and charged. It is safe to assume that the "don't get your ass arrested" message had been communicated to the players after Harrison's incident. For Wilson to pull the kind of shit he did is not only absolutely cowardly and disgusting, it also borders on the level of violent stupidity one normally associates with inmates you see in Lockup Raw. Which, at the rate he's going, he'll be making an appearance on Lockup sometime in the next ten years.

That being said, there's nothing short of a riot going on in the Steeler bbs world. This is hardly the behavior fans have come to expect. Though nobody expects every player to be squeaky clean, I don't think it's too much to ask that we keep it down to one or two VERY minor incidents a year. You know, maybe the odd disorderly conduct or public intoxication charge?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

BSmack wrote:
Felix wrote:
Harrison's Pro-Bowl resume is not the only difference between he and Wilson. From all reports, what Harrison did (though absolutely indefensible) was in the heat of the moment, whereas Wilson;
The other thing to consider, though I'm hardly giving the green light to any abuse of women, is that there are most certainly degrees of abuse.

It's one thing to push or shove a woman, (which can still get you arrested) and quite another to slap a woman. Yet Wilson took it completely to another level by coldcocking a chick square in the face. I mean, what the fuck is THAT?! I mean, I've been with chicks, including my OL, who have had me so livid that I was red-in-the face and yelling my ass off. At no point have I ever thought, "That's it...I'm going to win the argument right here, right now"....*WHAP*.

[dins]I've been in bar fights or other scraps where I let my temper get the better of me or was provoked[/dins], but those were with dudes.

I think part of it is a cultural thing with many blacks, where they think they have to keep their women "in line". I remember one black dude that I worked with in the Navy that acted like he was noble because he didn't hit his wife. When I asked him why he would want to in the first place, he responded, "You white boys wouldn't understan. See a black female has a different type of attitude 'bout shit. And er'ry so often they start thinking they all that and cross the line to where they telling you what to do all the damn time. We ain't fittin ta take dat! Now I say that I won't hit a bitch, but don't get me wrong...I still keep my old lady in line. Prolly every few monfs or so she gets too lippy at home and I have to choke the bitch out...then she's good for another coupla monfs."

I don't know, maybe I'm just crazy, but would a better idea be to find you a woman that you don't have to hit or choke out to make her act right and then marry THAT ONE?

Anywho, the Wilson signing was stupid from the get go. The only reason he got paid a lot of $$ by the Stillers in the first place is that the year he was signed as a FA, there were virtually no other WRs on the market. He made a few fluke big plays for the Niners (including one where he cost them the game with a boneheaded play) so he got a lot of attention right at the end of the season, when basically he was only a bit player on a shitty Niner team. So he goes to Shittsburgh and only catches 25 balls a year and people act like they're surprised that he's a fucking turd with cleats. Uh, all they had to do was ask Ninerfan...we would have told you(and did on this board at the time of the pick-up)
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Screw_Michigan

Post by Screw_Michigan »

OCmike wrote:"Prolly every few monfs or so she gets too lippy at home and I have to choke the bitch out...then she's good for another coupla monfs."
RACK that dude.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

All you need to know about this dude...
Wilson said he would attend anger management classes "to better myself for my child and my other children.

He can't even lump them together with a broad brush like, oh, I don't know, My Children

Case closed. Verdict: DOUCHE!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I'll say this - I have seen Wilson in public with this woman. My impression was that she was a little addled - she quaked and jabbered like she was higher than a kite. That impression was solidified when she was involved in a 12 hour standoff with police off this past January. She and Wilson had argued, and he left, after which she started shooting holes in the wall. Wilson filed a PFA after that. During that incident, Wilson mentioned that she had attacked him physically, but there was no suggestion that he had retaliated.

I think this one is a little more nuanced than it appears. I don't condone him smacking her, but it's definitely not as if she was a saintly maiden who had never lifted a finger against anybody.

As we have seen, in abuse cases, it's almost a matter of who gets the call out to the cops first. What's sad is that the worst, most habitual cases of abuse are the ones you'll never hear about.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Headhunter wrote:All you need to know about this dude...
Wilson said he would attend anger management classes "to better myself for my child and my other children.

He can't even lump them together with a broad brush like, oh, I don't know, My Children

Case closed. Verdict: DOUCHE!
It's possible...no, extremely likely that Lindsey Paulet had never once acted as the mother of Wilson's other children. I think that he differentiated them for that reason...I see your point that he has children, not a child and other children.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

The you use terminology like "Our Child, and my other Children"

Of course nobody is accusing this dude of being very S-M-R-T.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

mvscal wrote: If the bitch is crazy, you leave. If she's really crazy, you take the kid with you.
Ding! Ding! Ding!...we have a winnah!
WilsonApologist wrote:I don't condone him smacking her, but it's definitely not as if she was a saintly maiden who had never lifted a finger against anybody.
Guys don't punch chicks in the face. "Tell me you knew", out front should have told you.

A. Punching someone that you outweigh by 100lbs, proves that you're a pussy, not that you're tough.

2. The deck is stacked against you in the courts, so you're pretty fukking dumb if you retaliate, instigate or touch her in any way that might even be perceived as abuse.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

mvscal wrote:
PSUFAN wrote:I think this one is a little more nuanced than it appears.
Bullshit. He walked into a restaurant and sucker punched her. No excuse. No nuance.

If the bitch is crazy, you leave. If she's really crazy, you take the kid with you.
:bode:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

In the Wilson incident, police said he pushed Ms. Paulat, the mother of his 16-month-old daughter, and punched her in the face when she turned around. He then left the restaurant and drove away. Police located him later at his home on Blue Heron Drive in Pine.

Ms. Paulat's left cheek was red and swollen when she spoke with police Wednesday night, according to the criminal complaint.

The bartender at Patron's, who declined to be identified, said last night that Ms. Paulat was alone at the bar and two other customers were at a table. The bartender was talking to her when Mr. Wilson entered.

"I thought he was going to sit down next to her and have a drink," the bartender said. Instead, Mr. Wilson spoke to her briefly, punched her, then turned and quickly left.

"I wasn't expecting that," the bartender said.
That's the first actual blow-by-blow that I read. I apologize, and do not mean to defend something like that. I will still say that Ms. Paulat doesn't really appear to be a fit mother, if she's firing guns in the house in a rage.

That excerpt above was taken from this article:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08081/86 ... lstate.xml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

...which is troubling in its own fashion(s):
On March 8, Mr. Harrison was charged with assaulting his girlfriend, Beth Tibbott, in her Ohio Township home. According to a police affidavit, Mr. Harrison broke down a door, broke Ms. Tibbott's cell phone in half as she attempted to call 911, then slapped her face with an open hand, knocking off her glasses. He was charged with simple assault and criminal mischief and faces an April 3 preliminary hearing before a district judge in Bellevue.

When Mr. Rooney was asked by reporters yesterday morning why Mr. Wilson was released immediately and Mr. Harrison kept on the team, he said the cases were different.

"I know many are asking the question of [why] we released Wilson and Harrison we kept,'' he said. "The circumstances -- I know of the incidents, they are completely different. In fact, when I say we don't condone these things, we don't, but we do have to look at the circumstances that are involved with other players and things like that, so they're not all the same."

In Mr. Harrison's case, Mr. Rooney said the player was trying to take his son to be baptized.

"What Jimmy Harrison was doing and how the incident occurred, what he was trying to do was really well worth it," he said of Mr. Harrison's initial intent with his son. "He was doing something that was good, wanted to take his son to get baptized where he lived and things like that. She said she didn't want to do it."
Bitch had it coming, I guess. How dare she try to prevent the kid being baptized.

Uh, WTF?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote:Bitch had it coming, I guess. How dare she try to prevent the kid being baptized.

Uh, WTF?
I put Dan Rooney in the same socio-political classification as Barak Obama's grandmother. He simply isn't a part of our times and never will be.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

I saw him at that Cope sendoff...he doesn't look long for the camera's eye, actually. Seeing as there are others in the family more than able to take the public reins, I expect that to happen soon.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

OCmike wrote:Guys don't punch chicks in the face. "Tell me you knew", out front should have told you.

A. Punching someone that you outweigh by 100lbs, proves that you're a pussy, not that you're tough.

This leaves Rumple a clean out.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

PSUFAN wrote:I saw him at that Cope sendoff...he doesn't look long for the camera's eye, actually. Seeing as there are others in the family more than able to take the public reins, I expect that to happen soon.
I don't know why he didn't have Art II field those questions to begin with. I thought the whole idea of Art II being President was to have him handle the "day to day" stuff and for Dan to enjoy semi-retirement as more of an advisory figure.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Goober McTuber wrote:
OCmike wrote:Guys don't punch chicks in the face. "Tell me you knew", out front should have told you.

This leaves Rumple a clean out.
The only clean out he's ever had.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

BSmack wrote:...and for Dan to enjoy semi-retirement as more of an advisory figure.
Maybe he envisions more of a "Maury" role for himself in the organization.

AP News wrote:
Screw Michigan wrote: RACK that dude.
Assault charges against former Houston Texans' receiver Jerome Mathis have been dropped, according to ESPN. Mathis was charged last month with assaulting his pregnant 26-year-old common-law wife. Erica Smith told Brazoria County deputies that Mathis had pushed her onto a bed and started choking her. But Brazoria County District Attorney Jeri Yenne said Smith later asked officials to drop the charges.
War keeping rill with your pregnant boo and then giving her the "C'mon baby..." talk and getting her to drop charges. :lol:

Also in the news...
AP wrote: The estranged girlfriend of former Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Cedrick Wilson denies that he punched her at a suburban restaurant last week, according to USA Today. Lindsey Paulat said Wilson got upset but only shoved her when he saw her drinking last week at Patron Mexican Grill in Pine Township. "He never punched. He pushed me in the side of the head," Paulat told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday. "It was misconstrued apparently by the people around us." In a criminal complaint, Northern Regional police said Wilson pushed Paulat on the shoulder and, when she turned around, punched her in the face.
Please disregard the fractured orbital bone, softball-sized facial contusion and the look of shame on my face. He just pushed me. Ya'll are buyin this shit, right? - L. Paulat
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

the fractured orbital bone, softball-sized facial contusion and the look of shame on my face
OK - this time, I'll ask. Is there evidence of any of that?
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Uh...I was kidding.

Ohhhh....jokes. I get jokes. - PSU Simpson