Because you just can't have too many...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Re: Because you just can't have too many...

Post by RevLimiter »

Aso should be pretty bent right about now. They just gave DeAngelo HIS money.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

seriously Al is spending money like a drunken fucking sailor....
mvscal wrote:
3-13
a bit optimistic, but well within reach....
get out, get out while there's still time
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

mvscal wrote:...overpaid, underachieving locker room cancers on one team.
Yeah, he's black -- we noticed, mvscal. haha

2 pro bowls in his first 4 years - missed 6 games his rookie year.
17 INTs in 55 games played.
4 defensive TDs scored.
Terrific cover guy.
Young.
One of the league's fastest men.
Decent tackler.

I see Al working.
It's always been his defensive philosophy to want to leave his corners in man-coverage.
IF you have the corners to do so, you cause MAJOR problems for the opposing O-Coordinator, because you can outnumber the blockers, and you can more freely bring safeties up close to the line of scrimmage to blitz or fill gaps.

Face facts, it IS a BIG advantage if you have two tremendous corners.
Most teams barely have one ... if that.

As for Aso's situation, my read is that Al wants to have both he and Hall around together for a while, because it's his dream scenario to have two such corners.

Of course it's possible that Al is of the belief that he won't be able to lock Scrabble up long term and bringing in Hall is his way of covering up for the possible loss when Aso departs.

I'm more concerned about who is gonna COACH this current group of players than I am about the actual players.

Wait and see right now.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Hall, the No. 8 overall pick in 2004, wants long-term financial security.
Nahhh.... ya' think?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:No offense.
:shock:

Since when have you ever been concerned with offending anybody, mv?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

That's more like it.
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

The Boys will give the Raiders a run for their money if they do end up trading for Pacman. There's some rumors floating around Valley Ranch that Jones might pull the trigger if he gets him at a bargain.

That would pose an interesting situation in Dallas. Does pacman start? If so, who sits?

My ideal scenario would be a rejuvinated and obedient Jones at RCB and Newman at LCB. Put Anthony Henry at FS and mmove Hamlin over to SS. That, my friends, would be a damn good backfield.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

The only deal I structure for guys like Hall or Jones is incentive based.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RumpleForeskin wrote:The only deal I structure for guys like Hall or Jones is incentive based.
good luck with that...

of course there's no shortage of shit franchises that are willing to bank their future on malcontent lockerroom cancers....
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

The Hater Nation:

"The Raiders deal for DeAngelo Hall has hit a snag recently. The two teams have worked out the deal in terms of compensation (a second- and sixth-round pick). Now the two sides are struggling because of money. Hall wants to be paid Asante Samuel money. And you know what, so does Nnamdi Asomugha.

The Raiders franchised Asomugha this year, meaning that he will be paid among the top five corner backs in the NFL. So when Hall gets paid, Asomugha will be paid. In other words, the Raiders are negotiating to drive up the price of their existing players.

And that will likely push him out of the Raiders budget. So while all of the Raiders fans are likely dreaming of having a defensive backfield with Hall and Asomugha, that likely won't be the case because the Raiders will likely have to drop their franchise corner for Hall.

In other words, they will be trading a good guy and team player for a head case like Hall. Great move, Raiders."
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Because you just can't have too many... 6'2" Running Backs.

Fanball.com wrote:Oakland Raiders owner Al Davis is infatuated with Arkansas running back Darren McFadden, according to SI.com. This comes as no major surprise as most mock drafts around the nation have the Raiders selecting McFadden with the fourth pick in the 2008 NFL draft. Davis always has been blinded by speed, and McFadden often leaves a vapor trail when he finds a crease.

McFadden is a threat to go the distance each time he touches the ball. He covered the 40-yard dash at the combine in a blistering 4.33 seconds, and in his final two seasons at Arkansas he had at least nine carries of 50 or more yards, including two of 80.
Too bad he'll be running behind schmoes like Gallery and Kwame Harris (:lol:), the latter of which is sure to have an illegal hands to the face or holding call on McFadden's first 80-yard touchdown run.

Oh, and McFadden may have blistering speed, but if he does well at the NFL-level, he'll be the first 6'2" RB to do so.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

OCmike wrote:Oh, and McFadden may have blistering speed, but if he does well at the NFL-level, he'll be the first 6'2" RB to do so.
Though he's only an inch shorter (and that's splitting hairs, literally), this dude's done pretty well for a tall RB: http://www.nfl.com/players/larryjohnson ... =JOH399484" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh ,and this 6'3" guy only STILL holds the season yardage record: http://www.pro-football-reference.com/p ... ckEr00.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It had to be done, Mike. :hfal:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

OCmike wrote:he'll be the first 6'2" RB to do so.

Yeah, that Jim Brown guy was terrible.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Okay, it's official...I'm an idiot. Fukkers...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Looks like it's a done deal.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7928 ... n?MSNHPHMA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Because you just can't have too many pro bowl corners on your squad.

RACK the greatness!
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

poptart wrote:Looks like it's a done deal.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7928 ... n?MSNHPHMA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Because you just can't have too many pro bowl corners on your squad.

RACK the greatness!
Congrats...now you're $19 million OVER the cap, you STILL have to sign your Pro Bowl corner that you just disrespected by trading for Hall, and you have SHIT for a defensive line. Awesome.

RACK the "greatness", indeed. :lol:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Is Asomugha disrespected, Paul?
I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I believe he'll be THE highest paid Raider for the '08 season.
Cue fat Aretha.

The two sides have not ironed out a long term deal.
Wait and see on that front.

Over the cap?
Not a problem.
Still significant salaries to be dumped - L. Jordan, among others.
If it wasn't possible to ink Hall, it simply woudn't have gone down.

D-Line?
Problem, yes, as I see it.
Free agency and the draft is not over.

What the hell has KC done so far to better itself this off-season?

:lol:
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

poptart wrote:What the hell has KC done so far to better itself this off-season?

:lol:
NOT sign 30+yr. old has-beens and/or never-was's (sup' Tommy Kelly) for RETARDED jack.

Al will NEVER learn.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: Over the cap?
Not a problem.
it's going to be a big problem...you still have to replace the Jordan's et. al. with serviceable players and they don't come cheap...
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Jordan was already replaced last year by both Fargas and Rhodes (who himself, btw, may also be dealt or cut).

M. Bush is in the mix at RB, and I don't put it past Al for a moment to draft McFadden if he's there at #4.

Fabian Washington (and his salary) will likely be dealt in short order, replaced by D. Hall, of course.
S. Schweig (and salary) may be gonzo -- upgraded significantly by bringing in Gerbil.

This thing's not done yet.

You AFC West 'tards can yelp about the deal, and I don't blame you, looking at the secondary the Raiduhs will field, but cap issues for Oakland aren't happenin.

Good night now!!
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

Al is making one last run before he kicks it. Look for him to mortgage the future to get back on top in the next 2-3 years. He's gonna bust the bank, which I gotta rack, because of all the meltdowns a solid Raider team causes. Good Times!
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Because you just can't have too many...

...lockerroom cancers on your squad.

Trade talks continue for Pac

Following up on several RotoTimes reports Thursday morning, and confirming site sources; Calvin Watkins told the Dallas Morning News that the Cowboys are discussing a trade with the Tennessee Titans that would grant Pacman Jones his wish of coming to Dallas.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Headhunter wrote:Al is making one last run before he kicks it. Look for him to mortgage the future to get back on top in the next 2-3 years.
It would seem to be the case, but on the other hand, this is basically what Al has always done.
He's never hesitated to dish out big contracts if he thinks the talent is going to help his team win.

I've long admired him for having the balls (if not always brains) to step to the plate and take his hacks.
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

I don't think anyone would debate whether Al has the balls or not. Hell, considering some of the decisions he's made and the gall he's had in the past to do things like fuck the city of Irwindale out of millions, then turn around and ass-rape Oakland (although they seemed to welcome it),the guy's probably got THREE nuts in his pouch. That being said, he should've had someone under the age of 60[\i] evaluating talent for him for the past 20 years. And I don't particularly mean that as a slam. As anyone got older, their skills and energy for the job would diminish and Davis is no different. The problem is, his ego is so astronomical in size that he's the only one that can't see it.

Or basically, for every Lyle Alzado or Rich Gannon, there's a Marc Wilson or Larry Brown.