Duh's continue their commitment to oblivion...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Duh's continue their commitment to oblivion...

Post by ChargerMike »

...they re-sign defensive lineman Tommy Kelly to the highest contract EVER for a D-lineman, then follow that up by paying twice as much for Javon Walker as the Pat's had to pay for Randy Moss. Then there's the mad cash you have to shell for having a top 3 pick every freeking year.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Then again, I'm thinkin' the only way the Duh's can get anybody to come to Oakland is to overpay them. Hey I don't know...does this sound like a winning formula Raiduhfan?

JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Re: Duh's continue their commitment to oblivion...

Post by Raydah James »

I sincerely wonder how some of you dumbfucks breathe unassisted.

Since most of you cant seem to comprehend remedial fucking math, let me help you out here:
The Raiders have been mocked and scorned nationally for their spending in free agency.

The last two deals, WR Javon Walker and OT Kwame Harris, have raised questions just about why the Raiders are wasting money.

In case you missed it, the Raiders were reported to have given Walker a six-year deal worth up to $55 million, $16 million guaranteed.

In the case of Harris, he was reported to have received a three-year deal worth up to $16 million.

The key words, however, are "up to."

So instead of ripping the team for spending money, lets look at how these deals impact the Raiders.

From the Raiders’ perspective, Harris has a one-year deal worth $3 million, with two option years that would make it a $14 million deal. If Harris reaches playing incentives, he’d earn an additional $2 million in year three.

But if things don’t work out, the Raiders can part ways with Harris after 2008. But the belief is Harris, 25, can reach his potential playing for offensive line coach Tom Cable after an uneven stint with the 49ers.

The team has talked to Harris about playing left tackle, where he’d replace Barry Sims.

As for Walker, he’ll receive a $6 million bonus and salary of $5 million in each of the next two seasons to account for the guaranteed amount that has been reported.

So the Raiders see it as a two-year deal for $16 million. Chances are if Walker plays like the Pro Bowl receiver he’s been, he’d get a new deal before year three, assuming all is well between the union and owners.
The simple fact is that we were 20 million under the cap before Sapp retired, Brayton/Porter opted out, and Sims was cut. We have the money, why not fucking spend it? Also convieniently forgotten is the fact that Al re-signed lineman Cornell Green on the cheap, and got Gallery and Dominick Rhodes to restructure thier contracts and accept less money to stay with the Raiders.

I always get a hearty laugh out of Chargertard having the gall to bust Al's chops......I mean, you cunts are aware that your team are the fucking Clippers of the NFL and your owner is literally Donald Sterling II, right?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Raydah James wrote:I always get a hearty laugh out of Chargertard having the gall to bust Al's chops......I mean, you cunts are aware that your team are the fucking Clippers of the NFL and your owner is literally Donald Sterling II, right?
I get a HEARTIER laugh out of you having the gall to bust BoltFan's chops....after all, the Raydahs have been their own personal fucktoy for YEARS now. Hell, when the Bolts look at the NFL schedule anymore the home and away dates with the 'Duhs are as automatic a "W" as they come.

Keep screaming away from the cellar, you fucking dipshit.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

James pretty well nailed it, but these are my thoughts, Mike ...... after I tell you to fuck off, of course.

As is normally the habit when reporting Raider happenings, the media reported either exaggerated negativity, or outright B.S.
What was widely reported about recent contracts is misleading at best.

That said, the Walker deal in particular looked like a 'desperation' move to me.
No way Al was gonna go into the season without a top drawer receiving threat for JaMarcus to sling it to.
And when healthy, Walker has been just that.
But of course he is vulnerable both physically and psychologically ... or at least his history shows that to be the case.

Why did Walker end up in Oakland?

SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!

I listened to an interview with him and that is exactly what he said.
Al ponied up, and that was the name of that tune.

So what you said here is sadly on target, Mike ....
Mike wrote:Then again, I'm thinkin' the only way the Duh's can get anybody to come to Oakland is to overpay them
Yep.
No free agent is really chompin' at the bit to get to Oakland, so Al had to fork over a little bit extra to get/keep some guys that he wanted.

Oh well.
Until such time as this franchise turns the corner and becomes legitimately competetive again, that won't change.

The bigger issue right now is the Raider coaching situation.

You can keep signing guys, but if there is not a stable structure in place, you can't expect to see positive results.
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

^^^^^^^^^ get's it...sadly RJ doesn't
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.