(7) Stanfurd v. (2) fUCLA

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

.m2
I swear to god . . .

(7) Stanfurd v. (2) fUCLA

Post by .m2 »

The Furd's upset fUCLA and take this one in LA.

Fire Ben Braun!
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
TheJON
Iowa State Grad

Re: (7) Stanfurd v. (2) fUCLA

Post by TheJON »

StanfUrd?? Wow, that may be the weakest attempt at team smack ever.
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

The foul call at the end of regulation was bullshit and cost Stanford the game. A clean block all the way.

Nice job, homer refs.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Mikey wrote:The foul call at the end of regulation was bullshit and cost Stanford the game. A clean block all the way.

Nice job, homer refs.

His knee was down....

Seriously

Collison said after the game it was a clean block
Nothing but ball. Said they got a huge break.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Terrible call at the end of the game.....it's the second or third time this year I've seen a similar call at the end of a game. Point guard drives straight into center, gets shot blocked, gets bailed out by officials on a foul call. I don't understand it.....just a plain terrible call. The intentional foul call with about 40 seconds left in overtime was awful as well.....I'd be feeling pretty bitter towards the men in stripes if I was a Stanford fan.

Of course, I had UCLA -8.5 yesterday! :shock: You don't get much luckier than that. :lol:

Too bad though, Stanford should have won the game.
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

Mook wrote:Terrible call at the end of the game.....
Not that I disagree by any means (and it cost me in another league where I needed a Stanford W) but the clear cut winner for "worst call at the end of the game" goes to the "foul" with .2 seconds left in the Villanova/Gtown game earlier this year. The "foul" that took place in a tie game and approx. 84 feet from the basket. As far as a single call affecting the outcome of a game that may have been the worst call in NCAA history.
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Shine wrote: but the clear cut winner for "worst call at the end of the game" goes to the "foul" with .2 seconds left in the Villanova/Gtown game earlier this year.
I agree.... I was watching that game and had to immediately turn the channel since the refs just handed the game to them on a play that wasn't really a foul to begin with. If I remember correctly, it happened on the sideline near one of the benches.

It all evens out in the end. I think Stanfurd got a gift against Arizona earlier this year when one of the Lopez dudes got fouled with less than 10 seconds in the game. It kills me that Stanfurd is better than us in basketball again but I have to admit the Lopez kids are pretty damn good players. I hope they both go pro after the season.
moon
Elwood

Post by moon »

UCLA handed another win by PAC-10 refs.

Brutal non-call on the hack at the end of the game.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

moon wrote:UCLA handed another win by PAC-10 refs.

Brutal non-call on the hack at the end of the game.

Yep, and let me try to explain why the shot at the end of the game couldn't possibly be legal.... mathematically.

The basketball is 9 inches in diameter.

The basket is 18 inches in diameter.

The hoop is 6 inches from the backboard.

The backboard is 48 inches from the baseline

The laneline is 72 inches from the center of the hoop.

The Shipp shot was a swish which means it was no more than 4.5 inches (the radius of a basketball) from the front of the rim. The front of the rim is 24 inches from the backboard. thus the center of the ball was no more than 19.5 inches from the backboard when it went in.

Shipp hoisted the ball from a spot approximately 1.5 feet from the baseline and right on the lane line. (this is a generous placement. it might have been closer.... check the replay)

This places the shot 30 inches behind the backboard and 72 inches laterally from the center of the hoop.

If you draw a right triangle from the spot where the shot was taken and the spot where the shot went in it has a base of 72 inches and a side of 49.5 inches (30" + 19.5"). The hypotenuse of this triangle passes over a spot on the back board 7.5" from the end of the backboard.

In conclusion, since a basketball is about 4.5" in diameter and the center of the ball was 7.5" inside the end of the backboard....

The entire ball went over the fuckin' backboard!!!!!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

lotta great officiating at the end of games in the Pac 10.

sin,

OU fan.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"
The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Y'all are whining like a coupla beeyotches....Cal got their chance to prove it wasn't a fluke and got beat by 20+.

Worry about the dance, and don't embarrass the Pac...K?
E UNUM PLURIBUS
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

King Crimson wrote:lotta great officiating at the end of games in the Pac 10.

sin,

OU fan.

RAAAAAACK!!!!!!

Sin,
Patrick Ewing Jr
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one