[s]15[/s] 20 in a ROW!!!

The Pro Hoopstahs

Moderator: Moorese

warren

Re: [s]15[/s] 20 in a ROW!!!

Post by warren »

Diogenes wrote:What he lacks is what this thread is all about...

Heart.

And have a nice St. Patty's day all.

Nite, Fuckers.
Fuck your happy sainty pattys day, I'm your lover keep the ligature on to long bitch.

you more than anyone one this board suck cock.

I'm home and taking it easy so I look forward to stomping your fat, pathetic ass in the ground on Keltics tues.

What the fuck would you know about Ireland anyway.

sin, County Cork
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

warren wrote:sin, County Cork
You misspelled "Cock", you fucking faggot.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

warren wrote:Image

Awesome.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Diogenes wrote:Personally I think the Celts are ending the streak because they have too many weapons offensivly and are good at defending the longball. Doesn't make the Rockets streak any less impressive.

I can almost guarantee you that after beating San Antonio last night, there will be a huge letdown for Boston this evening. No Ray Allen to boot. No chance.
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Personally I think the Celts are ending the streak because they have too many weapons offensivly and are good at defending the longball. Doesn't make the Rockets streak any less impressive.

I can almost guarantee you that after beating San Antonio last night, there will be a huge letdown for Boston this evening. No Ray Allen to boot. No chance.
I hope you're right. It's a prediction, not a choice. And put the hurt on NO and GS while you're at it.

Looking forward to Saturday, either way.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Diogenes wrote:Looking forward to Saturday, either way.[/b]
Ahhh, props on entering the final phase of your gender transformation… I hope the vaginal implant surgery is a smashing success. Freak.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

How are Sebastian Telfair and Theo Ratliffe working out, anyway?

They're working out beyond ourwildest dreams. I just hope you're happy with your end of the deal (not sure wo made the worse trade that day -- Boston or Minnesota... tough call).
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:How are Sebastian Telfair and Theo Ratliffe working out, anyway?

You asking me… or is there a Timberwolves fan in this thread I am unaware of….
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Boston is 13-3 on the tail end of back-to-backs this year; however, I think they over exerterted themsleves last night coming back to win that game. This will be a tough one for them to win.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: You asking me… or is there a Timberwolves fan in this thread I am unaware of….

I see you've resorted to revisionist hisory to ease the sorrow.

Understandable.

I'd be pissed off to the point of denial too, if my team had traded away what became Brandon Roy, the best non-ball-dominating-G/F in the NBA, for a couple of fucking bums that hit the scrapheap within a year.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:or is there a Timberwolves fan in this thread I am unaware of….

BTW... I don't think there's any Wolves fans in freaking Minnesota, much less this thread.

I wish there was, though. Over the decades, there's a few examples of one team just freaking PWNing another. This is the case wih the Blazers and Wolves. Not that the Wolves are a good team, nor have they ever been a blip on the radar save for one WCF appearance (in which the Big Dickhead had a chance to put his true bitchitude on display), but talk about one franchise just making a mockery of another...

That team was in existance for... can't even remember te number -- it was like their 9th ear as a franchise before that ever won a game against the Blazers. By far the last team they ever beat, which says a lot, since they play 4 times a year. (Blazers were also the last to lose to anyof the late 80's/early90's expansion teams, which they didn't do for over 6 years or something).

Then, for the massive gain of ONE WHOLE MILLION DOLLARS, they decided Randy Foye was the key to their future, and sent Brandon packing on draft day.

Don't get me wrong -- Foye is a fine, fine player (sidenote to the UConn homer -- I thought the Blazers/Wolves were nuts for not taking Gay ahead of Foye with the #7... maybe they were thinking in the marketing big picture, since I'm fairly confident that Rudy Gay has the worst selling jersey in the league... but it looks good on you, UCan't). But Brandon Roy, he aint.

And I thought I'd heard recently that the Blazers also own the most lopsided historic margin of one NBA team over another -- versus the Clips. Not that every team in the league doesn't own that clownshow, but I guess the Blazers PWN them the best... couldn't find a good link to verify, though.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

When they realligned the divisions, Minnesota definitely got the shit end of the deal. Look how much farther they have to travel when they play back-to-backs home and away withing their division. I wonder if they can fix this.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:I see you've resorted to revisionist hisory to ease the sorrow.
You DO realize the two guys you referenced currently play for Minnesota, right? It's not revisionist, it's just that they aren't relevant, sorta like your shit franchise. I am wondering... much like the college hoops, do you have an NBA team east of the Mississippi you'll be rooting for come playoff time? See, bitch, I have one college team and one NBA team... it's all I ever needed. You?
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Quick question....how many titles do the Blazers have in the last 30 years?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

What will happen first, the Blazers win another title or Jesse Heiman (sup 40 y.o. Virgin Part Deax?) pops his cherry? Too close to call….
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote: You DO realize the two guys you referenced currently play for Minnesota, right? It's not revisionist, it's just that they aren't relevant
OK, I'm going o type s l o w l y for your benefit...

You DO realize that it was fucking BOSTON that traded away that pick for complete fucking bums, right?

Just because you cast them aside like yesterday's trash... just like we did, it doesn't change the fact that it was for Brandon Roy.

And before you popoo -- Roy is a better player than Pierced or Allen. And yes, those guys have been around a long time, and have stellar career accomplishments... but that doesn't change the fact that neither is as good a player as Roy. And trust me, I realize that's a bold claim. But it's true.

I am wondering... much like the college hoops, do you have an NBA team east of the Mississippi you'll be rooting for come playoff time?
Nope. I have disdain for every last one of them, some more than others. But see, if there were almost 400 NBA teams rather than 30, I'm sure I coulkd find one who I like, which would give me something to look forward to in the late-afternoon games.

But smack aside, and in semi-seriousness... I'm just guessing tat it's different on the Left Coast. I suppose if a Least Coaster kept late hours, they might favor one team that's frequently on the tube late-night. Here, CBB games start in the morning. Most PAC teams play night games. As a major CBB (and really, any sport besides the bastion of homosexuality known as "hockey") honk, I like to watch games. It's more fun when you have a dog in the hunt. But it's casual inerests at best.

See, bitch, I have one college team and one NBA team... it's all I ever needed. You?

Yup. Although I do have a warm spot in my :heart: for Portland State, since it's the only D1 (hoops) team anywhere near here, and of all the people I know with college degrees (sup not Dins), pretty much every last one of them got it from PSU, and I've even been to a class or two there. But their athletic department sucks, so it's hard to be a PSU "diehard."

Ducks honk here, always have been... I don't thinkthat's been a closely guarded secret.

In football, I even have a D3 team I root for,too... how bout them apples. I knew guys that played tee, and now my football watcing bud lives right down the street... D3 is some good times, on a small scale. Doesn't hurt that they're a perennial D3 powerhouse who has racked up 52 straight winning seasons, either (an all-level record-btw).

As far the the Association...

BWAHAHAHA!

Get real. One horse town here, bud. The Blazers came to town about the same time I could walk and form sentences.I've bled Black and Red ever since. I've fucking beat upSonics fans for no other reason than their poor choice of teams. I've gone on roadies to watch games.

Despite your futile attempt at spin, you're barking up the wrong tree, Mr. Chowd Cards fan.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

I would have to go with Jess. Hell he can be Client #10 once he gets a bigger part and pay for it. Besides the Blazers drafted damaged goods. Who knows what Oden will do next year and beyond......
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:What will happen first, the Blazers win another title or Jesse Heiman (sup 40 y.o. Virgin Part Deax?) pops his cherry? Too close to call….

Now you're killing me.

I like the Zers chances a harware a hell of a lot better than I like the Celts' chances over the next 10 years.

I know you guys thinkyou have it together, but with the crop of whiney career-losers you've assembled, it's freaking laughable to anyone who doesn't have their head up the Big Dickhead's oft-abused rectum.

"I deserve all the other players' and the coaches salaries, too!"

"I've learned I should never pass the ball in the 4th quarter."

Hell of a pickup there. The guy was wired at birth to be a loser.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Neely8 wrote:Who knows what Oden will do next year and beyond......

You realize he's made the quickest, most impressive recovery in the history of bigtime sports microfracture surgery, right?

Oh, I guess you didn't.

Dude is running the floor and engaging in light-contact drills less than 7 months in.

Despite your delusions, your ignorance of current events has no bearing on Greg Oden's recovery.

Fuck... someone help me out here -- what happened the last time the Blazers took an injury plagued but charming big man with the first pick?

Bueller? Class?

If you people are truly this ignorant of what's going on out here, with our picked-to-finish-last-in-the-West-team-that's-3-games-over-.500, and don' realize what's going to happen in the coming seasons...

It's going to make it all that much more sweet. Keep up your ignorance. We're laughing at you, not with you.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Dinsdale wrote:
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:What will happen first, the Blazers win another title or Jesse Heiman (sup 40 y.o. Virgin Part Deax?) pops his cherry? Too close to call….

Now you're killing me.

I like the Zers chances a harware a hell of a lot better than I like the Celts' chances over the next 10 years.

I know you guys thinkyou have it together, but with the crop of whiney career-losers you've assembled, it's freaking laughable to anyone who doesn't have their head up the Big Dickhead's oft-abused rectum.

"I deserve all the other players' and the coaches salaries, too!"

"I've learned I should never pass the ball in the 4th quarter."

Hell of a pickup there. The guy was wired at birth to be a loser.

How old was KG when he made those statements? Based on the talent (or lack there of) around him in Minnesota I would have to say he was probably right. Dude has been nothing but a model citizen here. Everybody gets along and nobody whines. Oh and they are 53-13..... Oh and before you break out the "But they play in the Least Conference" BS they are 21-4 against the West.....
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Dins, you've got to be shitting me. Until Oden steps on the hardwood and plays his first game, nobody knows how good he will be. Of course, the guy has tremendous upside, but don't deny his injury proneness. He was banged up all of his frosh year at OSU and now he has missed his rookie campaign. Quick recovery or not, Oden has a red flag.
Last edited by RumpleForeskin on Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Dinsdale wrote:
Neely8 wrote:Who knows what Oden will do next year and beyond......

You realize he's made the quickest, most impressive recovery in the history of bigtime sports microfracture surgery, right?

Oh, I guess you didn't.

Dude is running the floor and engaging in light-contact drills less than 7 months in.

Despite your delusions, your ignorance of current events has no bearing on Greg Oden's recovery.

Fuck... someone help me out here -- what happened the last time the Blazers took an injury plagued but charming big man with the first pick?

Bueller? Class?

If you people are truly this ignorant of what's going on out here, with our picked-to-finish-last-in-the-West-team-that's-3-games-over-.500, and don' realize what's going to happen in the coming seasons...

It's going to make it all that much more sweet. Keep up your ignorance. We're laughing at you, not with you.

Yeah thats an amazing recovery. I mean I saw him in a game last night. No wait I didn't. You drafted a guy number one who had potentially career ending surgery and your positive he will be ok? So once he gets out of the "light contact" and into some real game action you are sure that leg will hold up? Not to mention that the kid has never played in the NBA. He could be a huge bust for all you know. Never a good thing when the future of your franchise is an unknown. As a Celts fan we had been seeing that for years.......
New England Patriots

Boston Red Sox

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dinsdale wrote:Fuck... someone help me out here -- what happened the last time the Blazers took an injury plagued but charming big man with the first pick?

Sam Bowie’s mom got a new house?

And fuck off in advance. It was their first pick.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Neely8 wrote: Yeah thats an amazing recovery. I mean I saw him in a game last night. No wait I didn't.
The igorance runs deep.

A while back, in light of Oden's freakishly quick recvery, GMKP was asked if the Blazers did somehow make the playoffs, would it be possible that Oden might come off the bench.

He couldn't really answer through his laughter, but managed a "baby steps." And "It was never about this year -- it's about the next 10."

You drafted a guy number one who had potentially career ending surgery and your positive he will be ok?
Absolutely not.

But remind me which really huge big men didn't have injury-plagued careers?

Although many of them collected rings when they did keep it together... like Bill Walton, for example (I picked a name the Chowds couldn't hate on).
So once he gets out of the "light contact" and into some real game action you are sure that leg will hold up?
Not at all.

BUT... unlike the Walton Era, we actually have a competant medical staff (the best money can buy, actually. Sidenote: At present, Zach Randolph is considered the most successful recovery in sports microfracture sugery (Amare is closing in fast, but his reaggrivated, although he seems more than fine now). Same doc in Spuncouver who did Zach's, seemed to think that Greggy's was fairly minor, as far as microfracture goes... and we bash Arius Miles for his slow recovery (blessing in disguise), but he had an extremely large area fractured. Oden had whawas considered a "very small" fracture done.

Speaking of...

How's that Amare guy with the shitass knee working out? Sure, I bash dude's game every opportunity I get, but that's his head, not his knee. I've never once brought dude's athleticism and physical prowess into question, because it's beyond question. And his knee was way worse than Oden's. Oden likelycould have played, but Blazer management was fucking paraniod, and didn't see them winning a championship this season. They are thinking deep into the long term. Wait a year to get 10 good ones.

Not to mention that the kid has never played in the NBA.
Worked out with the guys, and played Summer League. Certaily not playing in the NBA, but the reviews were universal -- "holy shit! Most talented big man since Hakeem."

Matter of fact, Disagna Diop played summer ball (why a guy that many years in was playing summer ball is beyond me) played against Oden one of the summer games. His words were "He's the real deal. I can't believe how strong he is."
He could be a huge bust for all you know.
Wishful thinking on aging-team's fans' part.

Name one player with that much upside that's been a bust and hasn't contrubuted at least part time in the last couple of decades.

OK, I'll save you the easy one -- Derrick Coleman*. Apart from him, name one.

* -- Greatest Player That Never Was
Never a good thing when the future of your franchise is an unknown.

Wow. You really have been living in a cave with no NBA news, eh?

The "future of [our] franchise" was carved in stone (well, will be after FA signings) last season, dipshit. Trading away years' worth of lottery picks for the #2 and #6 picks out front should have told you. Getting the two best players in the entire draft at 2 and 6 was pretty sweet-btw.

Ping Pong Ball Oden was just icing on the cake, baby.

Rip Motherfucking City.

And before you even think of refuting anything I said... remember, we got VON MOTHERFUCKING WAFER now... let the dynasty begin.

Actually, the games Von got in while Roy was hurt a couple of games, he was pretty damn good at both ends of the floor. Nate gave him credit for the win in the Clips game were he got minutes. He won't be here next year when his contract expires, since we need the roster spots, but someone will get a fine pickup in the guy whoI knew absolutely nothing about wen we got him, except the reports that he's a man amongst boys in the D-League. If anyone needs a 2nd or 3rd string 2 guard, they could do a fuckload wose than Von Wafer. My Blazerfan buds all had some fun laughing about the Von Wafer trade (his rookie contract is up after this season, that was teonly reason), but we aren't laughing anymore. He's third in line behind an All Star who plays huge minutes, but when hes played, he's impressed. If any of you happen to be NBA GM's, give this guy a look.

This keyboard blows ass-btw.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Sam Bowie’s mom got a new house?

And fuck off in advance. It was their first pick.

Yeah, yeah... laugh it up.

All the casual fans seem to forget that the Blazers were trading away a perennial All Star at the 2* to make room for their new franchise 2... who is kinda sorta in the HoF these days.... on the first ballot. And they had no center on the roster at that point.

But it's still kind of a bummer.

And lest we forget -- Sam Blazershame was a fucking STUD for those 10 games a year he was healthy. He lived up to the hype... for 10 games a year... I think they got the W every time he started... all 25 times. Ultimately got Buck Williams out of the deal, which was a decent consolation.

But they didn't have the medical technology then that they do now... back then, they had the same medical staff that ran Big Bill out of he city he loved with a passion, and got him to leave Dr. Jack. The man was willing to play for The Clippers to get away from the Blazer witch-doctors.

That problem has been corrected.

Our management, easily the best in the league (breaks your :heart:, don't it Jayhawks fans?), if nothing else, studies Blazer history and has learned from past mistakes. What more can you ask from management that didn't grow up here?

BTW-In our local sparsely-attended churches, they don't praise Jesus... they praise Kevin Pritchard... but they're about the same guy anyway.

You guys can throw down the nastiest smack in the history of the universe, and I'l still be smiling and laughing over here. Yes, in he largest metro area without a baseball team, the second-largest metro area without a football team, in this one horse sports town**..

Things really are that cool.

* -- Who I drank beers with fairly recently

** -- Trivia... the Dash-For-Cash at hockey games is a junior hockey league thing from the Portland Winterhawks (who occasinally have staggering attendance for junior hockey). While you're drunk at a hockey game, turn to the Up and Left and thank us between fits of fat-guy-induced laughter.
PrimeX
Koko B1

Post by PrimeX »

And now we come back to earth. No games left vs. the East, and last night showed how much we'll miss the big man come playoff time. We looked like a team coming off of a back to back, not the Celtics. They even kicked our asses without Ray Allen.

Damn, they good.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

That game was on T-Mac. He better learn quick how to take over a game when nothing else is working. 8 points aint gonna cut it.

Carl Landry is needed for this road trip.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Dinsdale wrote:Now you're killing me.
You seem to be spending an awful lot of time talking about the past and looking to the future. Meanwhile, the Celts own the best record in the league and all you do is talk bullshit about stuff that people did on other teams. I could give two shits about anything Garnett has said or done in the past. All he's done since he arrived in Boston is win. Pure and simple. If MVP voters recognized defense and TEAM play as a skill set, he'd get the league MVP this year, hands down. He's the reason the Celtics TEAM own the best record in the league and also lead the league in every TEAM defensive statistic. So, you go Dins... keep talking about the sins committed by current Celtic players at other stops, players the Celts missed out on and could have had, and how good your pathetic franchised may be... someday. Not now, definitely not next year , or the year after.. but who the fuck knows what the next decade may hold for Portland. Meanwhile, in the here and now, Boston is making room in the rafters for banners #'s 17, 18, and 19 and you'll be watching someone else's team win the NBA Title for the 31st, 32nd, and 33rd year in a row. Enjoy.
bbqjones
indian black betty

Post by bbqjones »

nice run rocketfan. good enough to get into the playoffs. tonight is another matter. shaq is a beast tonight and goes 10-18 and perhaps fixes traceys lazyeye . nba fan, come find a home on the bandwagon, its getting hot in heere.
help me scrape the mucus off my brain