NFL draft - and free agency period

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Nacho
Elwood

NFL draft - and free agency period

Post by Nacho »

This years draft and free agency period is pretty interesting.

And really I am just trying to start a different topic on this board so people can start talking about something other than the cheats...

Any thoughts?
Save me some of that corn for laters...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: NFL draft - and free agency period

Post by BSmack »

Nacho wrote:the cheats...
Are still cheaters.

Wake me up when the draft starts.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
peter dragon
2006 Pickem Champion

Post by peter dragon »

whats this cheating you speak of? someone should start a thread or 50.

I think Cinnci keeps chad johnson, but only if they can get some team to offer up a 1'st and a 3rd, at least. plus i dont know what teams could afford him.

as for the draft cinnci need defence. other than that i dont care.
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

tampa needs a franchise WR.

joey G has been great since coming to tampa, but they need a true #1 or a #2 to compliment Joey G.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I would like to preface this post by saying that Felix and Qbert are homosexual and gay.

Ok .....

Adelpiero thinks Mel Kiper has cute hair, and secretly wants to give birth to his bastard child, so I have posted Mel's mock draft (1st round) for everyone's viewing pleasure.um.

Kiper's First-Round Projection

Name Team Player Position
1 Miami Dolphins Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU
2 St. Louis Rams Chris Long, DE Virginia
3 Atlanta Falcons** Matt Ryan, QB Boston College
4 Oakland Raiders** *Darren McFadden, RB Arkansas
5 Kansas City Chiefs** Jake Long, OT Michigan
6 New York Jets *Vernon Gholston, DE Ohio St.
7 New England Patriots (from SF) *Aqib Talib, CB Kansas
8 Baltimore Ravens Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
9 Cincinnati Bengals *Phillip Merling, DE Clemson
10 New Orleans Saints Kentwan Balmer, DT North Carolina
11 Buffalo Bills *Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma
12 Denver Broncos *Ryan Clady, OT Boise St.
13 Carolina Panthers Jeff Otah, OT Pittsburgh
14 Chicago Bears Sam Baker, OT USC
15 Detroit Lions Leodis McKelvin, CB Troy
16 Arizona Cardinals *Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
17 Minnesota Vikings *DeSean Jackson, WR California
18 Houston Texans Mike Jenkins, CB South Florida
19 Philadelphia Eagles Chris Williams, OT Vanderbilt
20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers *Felix Jones, RB Arkansas
21 Washington Redskins *Calais Campbell, DE Miami
22 Dallas Cowboys (from CLE) *Mario Manningham, WR Michigan
23 Pittsburgh Steelers *Chilo Rachal, OG USC
24 Tennessee Titans Limas Sweed, WR Texas
25 Seattle Seahawks Fred Davis, TE USC
26 Jacksonville Jaguars *Derrick Harvey, DE Florida
27 San Diego Chargers *Reggie Smith, CB Oklahoma
28 Dallas Cowboys *Rashard Mendenhall, RB Illinois
29 San Francisco 49ers (from IND) *James Hardy, WR Indiana
30 Green Bay Packers Keith Rivers, LB USC
31 New York Giants Dan Connor, LB Penn St.
32 New England Patriots Forfeited pick

* denotes underclassman; ** denotes teams that will decide draft order by coin flip.

I'm a fan of a non-gay team -- the Oakland Raiders.
My spew-on-the-pillowcase wet-dream wish is for G. Dorsey to land in Oakland.
I don't expect that, however.
I agree with Mel that Miami will take him #1 overall.

My next non-piss-boner wish is for them to draft C. Long.
And if they draft J. Long it wouldn't spoil my orgasm.

If playmakah D. McFadden is available when Oakland drafts I can see old man Al erasing his erectile dysfunction momentarily.
Yes, Al might tell Lane to draft him or be fired -- or castrated,

....or buttplugged.

Whatever happens I'm sure greatness is half-past the monkey's @ss and quarter-'til my balls.. sack.

Felix didn't send me a valentine's day e-card and I'm still p!ssed.
Faggot.

out .......

oh ...
btw -- this is for trev

http://www.armchairgm.com/?title=Who_is ... rleader%3F" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Don't beat off too much!!!!!!!1!!!
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

poptart wrote: Felix didn't send me a valentine's day e-card and I'm still p!ssed.
Faggot.
and I thought we was tight and shit.....

me rikey rots.....
get out, get out while there's still time
OCmike
Cursed JFFL Owner

Post by OCmike »

Felix wrote:
and I thought we was tight and shit.....

me rikey rots.....
She's got a hot face and all and I dig brunettes, but WTF is up with her neck? I'll bet you can strum those suckers with a quarter and play the theme from "Deliverance" on that banjo neck of hers.
Moving Sale wrote: I could easily have an IQ of 40
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

OCmike wrote:
She's got a hot face and all and I dig brunettes, but WTF is up with her neck?
haven't you ever heard of a V-Neck.....

hater....
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Looks like Dallas has decided to save some money by tagging Hamlin. I think they will try pretty hard to sign Adams but it will be a numbers thing. Not sure how many teams are going to throw big money at the guy since he is 33 with only a few years left in his tank. They will likely put high tenders on their remaining restricted free agents especially Barber.

With two first round picks I expect to hear a lot of rummors on them moving up in the draft though I am not sure they need to do that.

This draft looks like most of the bottom dwellers are wanting to trade down to pick up more picks. I think Miami at 1 and Atlanta at 3 will probably think very hard about dropping down. Just not sure if they will get the value out of a trade via extra picks they would like with this years crop. I think there could be more trades in this years draft then we have been seeing in the past few years.

It will be interesting to see where McFadden ends up and what Parcells does with the first pick.

Next week will be big for free agents and restricted free agents, which one's will get the tag or tenders and who won't.

Looks like the Pats are gonna let Moss try the market.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Tommy Kelly re-signed w/Oakland today.

The 'duds were in a 'damned if you do, damned if you don't, position with him, IMO.

If you let him walk, folks bitch because your D-Line is in shambles and he was (before going down w/injury) the best player on the line.
And he's young.

If you sign him, folks bitch because you had to pay a pretty penny for him (which Oakland did), and he's not really shown himself to be anything other than a ..... good ..... D-Lineman.

So I can just say that I'm .... ok .... with the signing.

Just depends on how Kelly performs.
I like his youth, and I like that he seems to be a good soldier.
Keeps his mouth shut, plays hard, makes some plays.
Not too shabby.

Aso - tagged
Fargas - re-signed
Kelly- re-signed

So far so good.

Is Lane still here??

ok .......
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

pretty penny? 50.5 Mil?????

for WHO??????

what kind of dirt does Tommy Kelly have on the Crypt Keeper to demand that kind of JACK?

DUDE is coming off of knee surgery and NOW is the Highest PAID D-Lineman in the NFL.

Alex Trebeck would take "who is Tommy Kelly" for $200....not $2000.

WTF RAIDERFan????

D--->you know that i have "no beef" with Raiduh Nation....Seriously---->WTF is this?

Loco? James? Toos'?
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

That was my initial reaction too, Q.
But then a few of things kicked in to brighten my gloom.

1. We all know that he'll never see $50 mil' from the Raiders, and if he does see all that coin eventually it'll be because he played his @ss off. Teams routinely cut guys before they see the entirety of the coin the contract calls for.

2. He's young, and coming in to what ought to be the prime of his career. And he was a good player last year, while not being surrounded by a whole hell of a lot on the D-Line. The injury is a concern, of course, but the Raider medical staff must feel pretty good about his rehab and the prospects that he'll come back strong. And as I mentioned, he's a solid dude. A hard worker and a good team guy .... at least it so appears to this point. Never heard a shred of negativity out of/or around him

3. The cap has raised and as we move more into free agency I think we'll see some funky big money numbers flashing before our eyes. In that later context, I think the Kelly signing will not look as inflated as it does not.

The whole thing hangs on how well Kelly plays.
That's the bottom line.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Eagles will sign Asante Samuel today.

Rumors are they are talking with the Cardinals involving a trade of Larry Fitzgerald for Lito Shepherd.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:That was my initial reaction too, Q.

1. We all know that he'll never see $50 mil' from the Raiders, and if he does see all that coin eventually it'll be because he played his @ss off. Teams routinely cut guys before they see the entirety of the coin the contract calls for.

2. He's young, and coming in to what ought to be the prime of his career. And he was a good player last year, while not being surrounded by a whole hell of a lot on the D-Line. The injury is a concern, of course, but the Raider medical staff must feel pretty good about his rehab and the prospects that he'll come back strong. And as I mentioned, he's a solid dude. A hard worker and a good team guy .... at least it so appears to this point. Never heard a shred of negativity out of/or around him

3. The cap has raised and as we move more into free agency I think we'll see some funky big money numbers flashing before our eyes. In that later context, I think the Kelly signing will not look as inflated as it does not.

That's the bottom line.
18 million in guaranteed money for a guy with a bum ACL and you see something to "brighten your gloom"???

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Eagles will sign Asante Samuel today.
I'm sure they are. They just blew out one hideously overpriced free agent bust. They'll need to replace Kearse with another one.
Kearse was decent for the first 2 years and eventually became a bust. Samuel had a bad SB but his career numbers show him to be anything but a potential bust.. and let's face it.. Johnson's defense can make anyone look a star. Just ask Jeremiah Trotter.

FYI- When the Eagles signed Kearse and Owen in 2004, they made the SB that same year. I know they're also targeting Wilson from the Giants.

*Edit- Sorry Dins, I meant to say they played in the 2005 SB but as we all know, it was for the 2004 regular season.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Kearse was decent for the first 2 years
They didn't make him the highest paid defensive end in history so he could be "decent" (for a brief period) before totally going into the tank.

And, yes, Samuel has bust written all over him. Name one free agent who left the Gaytriots and did jack fucking shit for his new team. Just one. Samuel will be cut in two years after giving you absolutely nothing. Bank it.
Johnson's defense can make anyone look a star.
Yeah, it worked wonders for Jevon Kearse's career. Have some more kool aid.

Never said Kearse wasn't a bust but if you'd bother to pay attention you'd notice the Eagles rotate their D line more than just about any team in the NFL. Under this current system, the decent DE's get between 10-13 sacks. Kearse's sack totals were too low for a player of his caliber, no question about that, but he drew the double team that allowed a guy like Derrick Burgess to shine and he has a contract to prove it. Once Kearse got hurt, he threw in the towel.

As for a free agent that left the Patriots and wasn't a bust? How about Curtis Martin?
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:He didn't play for Belichick. Try again.

Not that I blame you, per say, but I thought your extreme hatred for the Pats had extended past him because:
Name one free agent who left the Gaytriots and did jack fucking shit for his new team. Just one.
this quote didn't make that a condition. Did the Patriots even lose a substantial free agent during that time?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jiminphilly wrote:Did the Patriots even lose a substantial free agent during that time?

Depends on what "substantial" is.

There was a certain Super Bowl MVP receiver.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Ty Law....
Damien Woody....
Lawyer Milloy....
New England Patriots
2001, 2003, 2004, 2014, 2016 Champions

Boston Red Sox
2004, 2007, 2013 Champions

Boston Celtics
2008 Champions

Boston Bruins
2011 Champions
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

The Bills actually got a good deal on Milloy. He signed with Buffalo for 4 years at 15 million. They cut him after year 3 and paid somewhere around 10 million. For that they got a guy who averaged 5 tackles a game for 3 years and provided solid veteran leadership. Even now he's a reasonably productive player with Atlanta.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

jiminphilly wrote:Rumors are they are talking with the Cardinals involving a trade of Larry Fitzgerald for Lito Shepherd.
straight up? no fucking way....surely they're not that stupid

if the Tardinals pull the trigger on that deal, I will have lost what little respect I ever had for that pathetic franchise.....
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

My thoughts as a college football honk, with absolutely no basis or rationale besides "gut feeling," which I doubt any GMs should be basing their opinions on...
poptart wrote: 1 Miami Dolphins Glenn Dorsey, DT LSU
Everyone has a boner for Dorsey, and for good reason -- dude has the physical tools to do pretty much whatever he wants whenever he wants. But there's that deal where he hasn't been healthy for 2 years. Didn't seem to cause him to miss much time, but will he heal up and get better, or continue to decline? Big gamble that could pay huge dividends.

2 St. Louis Rams Chris Long, DE Virginia
Haven't seen nearly as much of him as some of the other big names, but it seems like everyone wants that crazy outside rush threat these days.
3 Atlanta Falcons** Matt Ryan, QB Boston College
Every year, the "best" QB is always overvalued in the draft, and always ends up in the top 3. Not sure if Ryan is going to be anyone's savior, but I did admire his ability to come up big in big games, with the spotlight on him -- it's one of those "intangibles."
Very talented, very athletic player, without a doubt, but the hype is starting to exceed what he'll be able to deliver. Adrian Peterson, he's not.

5 Kansas City Chiefs** Jake Long, OT Michigan
Sure seems like the next "franchise OL" that seems to come along every year these days. The teams that pick up the superbadass OL (especially LT) always seem to reap benefits quickly. I think he'd be a great score at #5.

8 Baltimore Ravens Sedrick Ellis, DT USC
Could be the steal-of-the-draft at #8. His injury of a couple of years ago doesn't seem to be a problem, and performed at a very high level without any apparent problems. Heck of a passrusher up the middle.

11 Buffalo Bills *Malcolm Kelly, WR Oklahoma
Was a very consistant performer, and seems to have the athleticism to make him a really safe #11.

12 Denver Broncos *Ryan Clady, OT Boise St.
At 6'6" and 317, is probably undersized.

16 Arizona Cardinals *Jonathan Stewart, RB Oregon
My Boy. Has completely dominated every situation at every level, and will probably do so at the next. Incredibly powerful runner, but with moves and borderline-breakaway speed. Great build for the pro game. Only knock, which has followed him around, is his toughness. Dude is known for stubbing his widdle toe and wanting to sit out the rest of the game, although in fairness, he got much better about it this past season... and put up gaudy numbers.

17 Minnesota Vikings *DeSean Jackson, WR California
More PAC10 guys... this one is one of the more amazing athletes you'll ever see... with the heart of a mouse. Dude shut it down when things weren't going well for Cal, and seemed like quite a cancer. As talented after-the-catch as anyone in a long time, but the attitude is a big red flag.

20 Tampa Bay Buccaneers *Felix Jones, RB Arkansas
Just big enough that his size shouldn't be a limiting factor. With all the hype around McFadden, bear in mind this guy about doubled McFadden's YPC average, running behind the same line in the same offense. Could be a great score at #20, but I'm certainly not going to guarantee it.

22 Dallas Cowboys (from CLE) *Mario Manningham, WR Michigan
Might keep the Boys from overextending themselves cap-wise on receivers.

I have some thoughts on some of the others, but since you really didn't care what I thought of some of the first 20, I'll save them.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Felix wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Rumors are they are talking with the Cardinals involving a trade of Larry Fitzgerald for Lito Shepherd.

if the Tardinals pull the trigger on that deal, I will have lost what little respect I ever had for that pathetic franchise.....
Can you say, "salary dump"?
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

poptart wrote:That was my initial reaction too, Q.

That's the bottom line.
Great points, pop.

The bottom line is that Kelly was being chased by quite a few other teams including Denver, and something needed to be done. Kelly is a solid as a rock young player and is well regarded around the league. He is a strong quiet leader along the D-line and the clubhouse. He doesn't get a lot of sacks but he gets consistent relentless pressure to hurry the QB whether inside or outside. He is tough against the run. He does not take plays off. He can play versatile positions in both 3/4 and 4/3, and in both base and nickle packages.

Let's see who is laughing after the season now that Sapp is gone and the man whom Sapp said will be a better player than he was on numerous occasions takes his spot and gets to wreak havoc all day long.

About the "money" side of it-it is essentially a 5 year 30 Million dollar contract IF Kelly hits every damn incentive on it, some of which include setting the sack record, curing cancer, ect. Highly unlikely he'll hit the insane incentives-and if he does, then he deserves every damn penny of it.

$18MM signing
2008 $ 600K
2009 $1.4MM
2010 $2.5MM
2011 $3.5MM
2012 $4.0MM
2013 $9.0MM
2014 $11MM

6 Mill a year for a guy like Kelly isnt that big a deal-he fills a serious need for us and is our best D-Lineman by far. And we're still sitting pretty waaaaaay under the cap to throw down more deals.

In other news, our sorely lacking safety position is being upgraded tremendously right now with the signing of former Giants safety Gabril Wilson. Looks like Huff will be staying at SS to cover (very well, BTW) all the Pro-Bowl TE's in our division and Wilson will be tearing it up at FS for us and simultaneously nailing Stu's sorry ass to the bench for good. RACK.

Oh, and we just signed the Niners 2003 first round draft pick in Kwame Harris for our O-line-he'll be a very nice addition to the Zone Blocking Scheme we run.

Very nice to see us making some Free Agents moves on younger impact guys who fill immediate needs for our team. Now if we can just land fucking Fitzgerald, Johnson, or Berrian we'd be in business.
Last edited by Raydah James on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

WTF? Sorry, aint gonna happen. We have 3 very capable Halfbacks in Justin Farglass, Micheal Bush, and D. Rhodes......and since nobody in Raiders camp will shut the fuck up about how great Bush is going to be, I can safely say that if we have a diamond in the rough who's ready to tear shit up, then theres no way we add to the clusterfuck of the RB stable by drafting McFatuation.

We already know what Farglass brings to the table (straight ahead runner who guts out every inch and is assured to hurt at some point every season) as well as Rhodes (nice change of pace back who can catch). Bush is the wildcard and deserves the chance to show the team why he was a star in college.

We're either taking C Long, Ellis, or Gholston with our number 1. Dorsey wont be available, and neither will J. Long.
Last edited by Raydah James on Fri Feb 29, 2008 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Raydah James wrote:Now if we can just land fucking Fitzgerald
Larry's NOT a free-agent, you fuck.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RevLimiter wrote:
Raydah James wrote:Now if we can just land fucking Fitzgerald
Larry's NOT a free-agent, you fuck.

You see, there's this thing called a "trade", and a team that wants a certain player can inquire......neverfuckingmind.

Goddamn KC dumbfucks.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

The Cowboys have resigned Adams which should take care of the O-line. They tendered Barber the highest offer and Canty another first round tender. Looks like they are doing a good job of protecting themselves.

I think the Cowboys are going to go defense and pick up a CB with the first pick and I think it is about 50/50 on the second pick being WR or RB. I would like to see them pick up Charles as I think he would be the speedy counterpart to Barber's running style. I think both WR and RB are both pretty deep in this years draft. If they go WR in the first they will go RB in the second or vice versa.

They have also traded (DT) Ferguson to Miami for next years fourth round pick and a swap of fourth round picks for this year.

So I am thinking now that Miami will not go with Dorsey as the first pick. They might try to deal it now. I wonder if they will try to talk trade with the Browns about either Anderson or Quinn. Maybe Q has heard something on that front.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Here's the problem with your little take Lames.....the Raydahs have NOTHING to trade for Fitz.

Goddamn RaydahFan dumbfucks.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:Ty Law, Lawyer Milloy, Deion Branch, David Givens, Willie McGinest are just a few who immediately come to mind. I'm sure Gaytriot honks could fill in some more.

They don't let players with value go. You will end up dramatically overpaying for middle of the pack production...ie a bust. You would think the Eagles would have learned their lesson with Kearse. This situtation is no different.
The Patriots put the franchise tag on Samuel last year. He obviously had significant value to them last year and if they had the cap space they'd probably like to have him back, even at a slightly higher number. But the salary cap catches up to teams sooner or later. He still had a very good year in 2007 and at 27 is in no danger of losing a step any time soon.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

RevLimiter wrote:
Felix wrote:

According the PFT.com, the deal is dead.. it wasn't going to be a straight up trade but the Cardinals wanted too much, per the Eagles. If I were the Eagles I'd go after Andre Davis. He's a legit kick returner (which is a huge hole on this team) and he filled in very nicely when Andre Johnson was out.

* edit- Johnson resigned with the Texans. Fuck.
Last edited by jiminphilly on Fri Feb 29, 2008 7:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RevLimiter wrote:
probably....hard to believe that a team of underperforming wanna's has the the least amount of cap space....
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RevLimiter wrote:Here's the problem with your little take Lames.....the Raydahs have NOTHING to trade for Fitz.
They dont?

Then the Cards inquiring about Huff and our draft picks was a fucking figment of mine and the Bay Area newspapers imagination?

Fucking hollow headed slit.

And this just in: Jenny Pouter is now a jaguar for 30 million.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Im sure at the young age of 30 they can teach this dumbfuck to fight for balls thrown to him, run correct routes for the first time in his career, and not be a mouth running cancer who never backs his talk up. Maybe he can gather the other Faguars 'round the fire and tell him about his epic "schooling" of Rhonde Barber in the Superbowl (yes, he literally said that after the fucking game.) or show him is sick ass "WWF" million dollar man belt.

:meds:

Sometimes its the moves you dont make that stand out-Al did the correct thing in letting this shitbag walk.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Rj and/or other Raiderettes.. what can you tell me about Chris Clemons?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

What's even FUNNIER is that Porter was your best WR, Lames. What a shit franchise you cheer for. :lol:
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RevLimiter wrote:What's even FUNNIER is that Porter was your best WR, Lames.
Wrong. Curry is and has been for the past 2 seasons.

What a shit franchise you cheer for. :lol:
Coming from shitstain Queeffan, this is high comedy. While were on the rise with one of the youngest teams in the L, you're now stuck on the downside of your "5 year plan" thats now reached year fucking 15.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Enjoy the AFC west cellar-your stay there is assured to be years long with Herm and Carl at the controls.

And Ctrl-Copy then blame the Wife, Clemons is a fucking great addition and i'm pissed we didnt try harder to keep him. Dude is 26 and racked up 8 damn sacks in only 2 starts and mainly backup time last season. With this latest revelation, i'm now sure that we'll be drafting Gholston or Long.

Clemons is a beast with a very high motor-he just didnt get the playing time at DE that he deserved. Good signing by you guys.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:The Patriots put the franchise tag on Samuel last year. He obviously had significant value to them last year and if they had the cap space they'd probably like to have him back, even at a slightly higher number.
That ought to tell you something important if you were thinking straight. Namely the fact that, if you want him, you are going to have to overpay to get him. Considering the fact that the Eagles recently got burned doing exactly that, it makes them and anyone else who thinks this is a good move a brain dead tard.

The only time you can ever justify overpaying to get a free agent is if/when that player is the final piece of the puzzle for a team poised to make a championship run.

Like TO and Kearse? Tell you knew the Eagles made the SB the same year they inked both of those guys??? The gamble paid off, albeit for 1 year but it's awfully easy to play the hindsight game with Kearse. At the time, the Eagles needed a pass rusher and it would have been stupid of them NOT to pay him.

The fact is the Eagles aren't far off from the SB based on the overall level of competition in the NFC provided they fill a few holes. Lito can't stay on the field for a season. They'll also be improving their pass rush and once that happens, this team is a lot closer to teams like the Cowboys (and Giants) than they were a year ago.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Raiders | Team releases Sims
Fri, 29 Feb 2008 11:52:16 -0800

Steve Corkran, of the Contra Costa Times, reports the Oakland Raiders released OT Barry Sims Friday, Feb. 29.

:D

Excellent. Way to clean out the fucking remaining trash on the team.

Jordan, you're fucking next bitch.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Raydah James wrote:Oh, and we just signed the Niners 2003 first round draft pick in Kwame Harris for our O-line-he'll be a very nice addition to the Zone Blocking Scheme we run.
You sir are WRONG: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=y ... &type=lgns" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
It appears San Francisco 49ers offensive tackle Kwame Harris will be leaving Oakland without a deal after visiting with the Raiders on Friday. A source told Yahoo! Sports that Harris is drawing interest from four other teams beyond the Raiders and 49ers, but that he wasn’t going to be scheduling other visits until later Friday.
:lol:
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

mvscal wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:Like TO and Kearse? Tell you knew the Eagles made the SB the same year they inked both of those guys???
Kearse's contributions to that run were marginal at best.
Really? Shut the fuck up. You have no idea what your talking about.