Ohio State will beat Illinois today

The Madness isn't confined to March here!

Moderators: the_ouskull, helmet, Shine

BraveFan
Fantasy Fuckstick

Ohio State will beat Illinois today

Post by BraveFan »

You heard it here first.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

- Albert Einstein (1879-1955)
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Your boys better get crackin' in the second half. The Illini played a subpar first half and they're still up double digits. Where's that home court advantage the Bucks have had all year?
BraveFan
Fantasy Fuckstick

Post by BraveFan »

Fucking 6 point swing before halftime. Sullinger makes a bucket and gets fouled.... called for a bullshit charge..... Illinois goes down and nails a three at the buzzer. Instead of a 5 point game at the half.... it's 11. Fuck me. If we don't come out and play flawlessly in the 2nd half.... That's ball game. FUCK!!!
Last edited by BraveFan on Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BraveFan wrote:Fuck me. That's ball game. FUCK!!!
Oh really? :lol:
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Well, I'll be damned.
Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
BraveFan
Fantasy Fuckstick

Post by BraveFan »

Who's your mothafuckin daddy?

RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

BraveFan wrote:Who's your mothafuckin daddy?
I was about to say that you must be a sort of bizzaroBabs, but not really. :lol:

Nice call.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

I am SOOOOOOO glad we lost. Having to be hounded by the media for the whole tournament, now they can refocus.

I have to give it to OSU for playing the game of their lives and we play....down to the competition, I won't get into the coaching. We did the same thing to Michigan, we slow it down, they get back in the game.

Anyway, hats off to my 29-1 boys.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

OUMO wrote:Well, I'll be damned.

No kiddin'...the Illini were flat. I'll give the Buckeyes a ton of credit but Illinois was off today. Brown couldn't make a shot and offensive rebounds were the only thing keeping them going in the second half. I think we've seen what could take down Illinois...good low post play and timely shooting. Teams like Kansas, North Carolina and Connecticut are capable of that. They needed a wakeup...expect them to roll through the Big Ten tournament and keep their #1 seed in the St. Louis regional.

Props to BraveFan on the early prediction. The Buckeyes had nothing to lose...this was their NCAA tournament. Great second half and Sylvester and Dials were clutch. Gotta love a close game with Gus Johnson calling the game...I'm ready for March Madness!
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

SI Jinx strikes again. North Carolina against Santa Clara and my boys against Ohio St.

Shine and the 1976 Indiana can breathe again and drink their champagne.
Last edited by Arch Angel on Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

BraveFan wrote:Who's your mothafuckin daddy?
Certainly not someone who'd thrown in the towell at halftime.
BraveFan
Fantasy Fuckstick

Post by BraveFan »

Ahh... come on. I was just venting a little frustration at the 6-point swing. Besides.... a little reverse-psychology-jinx never hurt anybody. I've been calling this game for weeks. OSU matches up well with Illinois.

The Seer
Just the Facts

Post by The Seer »

Rack the prediction.
E UNUM PLURIBUS
OUMO
Crimson Stooge

Post by OUMO »

Really, we all should have known.

Lascivio amo a champion hodie.
Buried_Nick
You can't spell scUM, without UM

Post by Buried_Nick »

I'll tell you what. Bizzor-o or not. That UM game AND this game were PRIME candidates for points shaving. Ill, had to be favored by a few points or more even AT tOSU. I didn't see the effort put out by the Illini stars, so I can't comment, but that Michigan game, I can.

During UM v. Ill. the Illini had busted out to a quick 17-3 lead, I think it was. THEN all kinds of loose balls, and turnovers. Missed easy shots. No effort at ALL on defense for the whole middle of that game. THEN, as Ill. knew it was 10:00 to go, all of a sudden we saw Brown make about 5 steals, other guys were rebounding, and playing hard. It was unbelievable how that team toyed withUM and that scoreboard. Then they pulled away by about 5-7 points towards the end, when everyone and their brother knew they were favored by 15 1/2 points at UM. Ill. won by 7, I think. - It was a prime example of a Coach/Team/Player shaving points, as they probably had serious jack bet on UM +16 through a bookie. Not like it'd be the first time that happened, nor the last. (Webber & Rose, for UM were suspected of doing it more than a few times. And when you study who Webbs hung with all those years, (AHEM!), Ed Martin, you can see how they must have done it a few times.)

Of course, we all know College kids with their CREWS would NEVER bet on college games, right?!
Especially when they're walking into a deplorable game like the Wolverines, where just about ANY team could name the score!

This OSU game seems along that line. Build the lead a little bit late in the game, then CLANK a few shots. Sprinkle in a bad pass here and there? OOPS! - You went and let some dirtball can a miracle three!!!! OOPS!. No Big-10 tying record with IU, too bad! - But, the fact that they ALL knew that the #1 seed was NOT going anywhere, that leads the Oliver Stone in me to say Ill. was on the take, more than once this season.

[Black choppers have landed, so don't even go there. Everyone knows players and their crews bet on their games through bookies on campus. Your an idiot if you don't think it happens.]
Poptart, the tard slapper wrote:Don't ya think you could at least sit the boys down for a day or two and talk to 'em about rubbin' one out...?
:lol:
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

MSUFAN wrote:I'll tell you what. Bizzor-o or not. That UM game AND this game were PRIME candidates for points shaving.

You fuckin' kidding me?

Please tell me you're joking about this or have you lost your ever lovin' mind? So did the Spartans shave points against Indiana also? Illinois struggled with Michigan and Ohio State because both teams were strong in the paint and the Illini shot poorly from the field.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

wow babs has reached a new low...next we will be hearing how good MSU football will be until they drop 4 in a row mid-season...

OSU fan (including me) hasn't had much to cheer about in terms of basketball over the past couple of years so this win is nice...