Tiger just pwns Torrey Pines

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Tiger just pwns Torrey Pines

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Can't wait to see his follow up act at the Open when it is held at TP. -19 and you know he was on cruise control the final 27 holes. Just think if he attacked the golf course, Tigger would have easily gone -26.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Re: Tiger just pwns Torrey Pines

Post by indyfrisco »

What will be interesting to me is how they change the course for the open. On any given day, any of us can shoot +/-15 from your own average (note I didn't use the term handicap as that is not indicative of your average). As we all know, when the open comes around, they try to make the courses so hard that -2 thru +2 is going to be the winning score.

So, in less than a year, I would love to see how they try to turn Tiger's -19 into a +1. It will be interesting for sure.

Damn. I have not golfed since November 23. My dick is hard for some good weather.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

IndyFrisco wrote:So, in less than a year, I would love to see how they try to turn Tiger's -19 into a +1. It will be interesting for sure.
I don't think Freddie Couples is itching to find out.
Fred Couples wrote:The USGA will see what Tiger did out here, he's going to screw up the US Open for everybody.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.j ... ood129.xml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

It's not like Tiger was hitting the approaches out of the fairway all week.

Matter of fact, he was way down the list in fairways hit.

Of course, that didn't matter, since he was #1 in greens hit.

But in 8 inch rough or whatever, those recoveries aren't quite as easy, and getting enough spin to get one to stop on lightning greens even if you do hit them becomes a problem out of the schtuff.

Tiger might just take care of the "Tiger problem" all on his own. But then again, his recoveries are stupid-good. And if he straightens out the tee shots in the Open and hits from the mower-track, game. Freaking. Over.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

It rained here for several days before, and during, the Buick. Conditions are likely to be a lot different when the Open comes around.

As a side note, my father in law got real sick last week (he turned 90 on Monday). At one point we thought he was a goner and all the relatives came into town. He ended up being taken to Scripps Green Hospital, which is right on TP South.

His room was on the third floor, about 20 yards off the 9th fairway, with a big picture window and a view up and down the hole and all the the way out to the ocean. I was there on Saturday for a while, but not Sunday when Tiger came strolling by just below. Not a bad place to be if you're sick and a big golf fan.

(The old guy was released to a skilled nursing facility on Tuesday).
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

After his showing at Dubai on Saturday, I thought he was human there for a day. Turns out he just wanted to challenge himself. Nothing like going -5 on the last 7 holes to win his 2nd tourney in as many attempts for '08. This could be his biggest year. Maybe having a kid has motivated him to another level.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Maybe having a kid has motivated him to another level.
I'm sure having VVV THIS VVV motivates something of his to the next level.

Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...