An Interesting Editorial in Support of Obama

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

An Interesting Editorial in Support of Obama

Post by Ang »

I thought this was fairly amazing since Caroline Kennedy, even though she is a scholar on so many things constitutional and political, has distanced herself from making any statement over the years on presidential politics.

The link for the original article is http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/27/opini ... dy.html?hp

Following is the text of it...

A President Like My Father

By CAROLINE KENNEDY
Published: January 27, 2008
OVER the years, I’ve been deeply moved by the people who’ve told me they wished they could feel inspired and hopeful about America the way people did when my father was president. This sense is even more profound today. That is why I am supporting a presidential candidate in the Democratic primaries, Barack Obama.

My reasons are patriotic, political and personal, and the three are intertwined. All my life, people have told me that my father changed their lives, that they got involved in public service or politics because he asked them to. And the generation he inspired has passed that spirit on to its children. I meet young people who were born long after John F. Kennedy was president, yet who ask me how to live out his ideals.

Sometimes it takes a while to recognize that someone has a special ability to get us to believe in ourselves, to tie that belief to our highest ideals and imagine that together we can do great things. In those rare moments, when such a person comes along, we need to put aside our plans and reach for what we know is possible.

We have that kind of opportunity with Senator Obama. It isn’t that the other candidates are not experienced or knowledgeable. But this year, that may not be enough. We need a change in the leadership of this country — just as we did in 1960.

Most of us would prefer to base our voting decision on policy differences. However, the candidates’ goals are similar. They have all laid out detailed plans on everything from strengthening our middle class to investing in early childhood education. So qualities of leadership, character and judgment play a larger role than usual.

Senator Obama has demonstrated these qualities throughout his more than two decades of public service, not just in the United States Senate but in Illinois, where he helped turn around struggling communities, taught constitutional law and was an elected state official for eight years. And Senator Obama is showing the same qualities today. He has built a movement that is changing the face of politics in this country, and he has demonstrated a special gift for inspiring young people — known for a willingness to volunteer, but an aversion to politics — to become engaged in the political process.

I have spent the past five years working in the New York City public schools and have three teenage children of my own. There is a generation coming of age that is hopeful, hard-working, innovative and imaginative. But too many of them are also hopeless, defeated and disengaged. As parents, we have a responsibility to help our children to believe in themselves and in their power to shape their future. Senator Obama is inspiring my children, my parents’ grandchildren, with that sense of possibility.

Senator Obama is running a dignified and honest campaign. He has spoken eloquently about the role of faith in his life, and opened a window into his character in two compelling books. And when it comes to judgment, Barack Obama made the right call on the most important issue of our time by opposing the war in Iraq from the beginning.

I want a president who understands that his responsibility is to articulate a vision and encourage others to achieve it; who holds himself, and those around him, to the highest ethical standards; who appeals to the hopes of those who still believe in the American Dream, and those around the world who still believe in the American ideal; and who can lift our spirits, and make us believe again that our country needs every one of us to get involved.

I have never had a president who inspired me the way people tell me that my father inspired them. But for the first time, I believe I have found the man who could be that president — not just for me, but for a new generation of Americans.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Re: An Interesting Editorial in Support of Obama

Post by Cuda »

JFK was a fucking DISASTER of a president, btw.

Only thing that prevented him from going down in history as Worst American President up until that time was Lee Harvey Oswald. Carter would still have taken that trophy away when he got the chance though.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
Diogenes
The Last American Liberal

Post by Diogenes »

Cuda wrote:JFK was a fucking DISASTER of a president, btw.

Only thing that prevented him from going down in history as Worst American President up until that time was Lee Harvey Oswald. Carter would still have taken that trophy away when he got the chance though.
Not only that, but his daddy's Mafia buddies stole that election for him. And if he would have survived, Goldwater would have trounced his ass. Johnson only won due to national sympathy.

On the other hand, props to Caroline for trying to play Van Helsing to the bloodsucking Clintons.
Message brought to you by Diogenes.
The Last American Liberal.

ImageImage
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

mvscal wrote:If Obama wasn't a n...igger, nobody would even know who that vacuous, lightweight bit of fluff is. He gives empty suits a bad name. Poor dumb bastard is about to get buttfucked eight ways from Sunday by the Clinton machine, though.

Getcha popcorn.
The only reason he's in the Senate to begin with is because Ryan's sealed divorce documents were leaked to the press for political reasons (against his ex-wife's wishes, BTW).
Last edited by Diogenes on Sun Jan 27, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ImageImage
Terry in Crapchester
2012 March Madness Champ

Post by Terry in Crapchester »

Diogenes wrote:The only reason he's in the Senate to begin with is because wet-brained fucktard Ryan's sealed divorce documents were leaked to the press for political reasons (against his ex-wife's wishes, BTW).
Weren't you one of the ones who said Alan Keyes would wipe the floor with Obama?

Wishful thinking, then and now.
War Wagon wrote:The first time I click on one of your youtube links will be the first time.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Terry in Crapchester wrote:
Diogenes wrote:The only reason he's in the Senate to begin with is because Ryan's sealed divorce documents were leaked to the press for political reasons (against his ex-wife's wishes, BTW).
Weren't you one of the ones who said Alan Keyes would wipe the floor with Obama?
No. But Ryan would have.

ImageImage
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

mvscal wrote:Poor dumb bastard is about to get buttfucked eight ways from Sunday by the Clinton machine, though.
Really?

Well, somebody threw a monkey wrench in that well oiled machine in S. Carolina, then.

I wouldn't dismiss Obama so summarily. He's getting key endorsements from a lot of key dem power brokers. Frankly, he's got a much better chance of winning in the general election than Billary does, and dem voters are starting to realize that fact.

The GOP's most fervent wish is that Clitnon be nominated.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

25% of white voters my work in SC, but come February 5 Osama is in deep shit.

ImageImage
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

mvscal wrote:If Obama wasn't a n...igger, nobody would even know who that vacuous, lightweight bit of fluff is. He gives empty suits a bad name. Poor dumb bastard is about to get buttfucked eight ways from Sunday by the Clinton machine, though.

Getcha popcorn.
What's the over/under on one of the Clintons dropping a N-Bomb & getting away with it?

Yo, Jigaboos... you want to know the real reason Hillary wants open borders?

It's because if they can get enough wetbacks registered to vote, the DemocRat party won't need your blacvk asses anymore.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Getcha popcorn.
That "vacuous, lightweight bit of fluff" just went toe to toe with the best politician of the television age and wiped the floor with him.

Getcha popcorn indeed.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

I think B just put his beret back on the hatrack.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote:

Getcha popcorn.
That "vacuous, lightweight bit of fluff" just went toe to toe with the best politician of the television age and wiped the floor with him.

Actually he's been trying to convince people he's the new Reagan.

Funny Shit.

ImageImage
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diogenes wrote:Actually he's been trying to convince people he's the new Reagan.
Not exactly. But feel free to sip on that Romney Kool-Aid.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote:
Diogenes wrote:Actually he's been trying to convince people he's the new Reagan.
Not exactly. But feel free to sip on that Romney Kool-Aid.
He's closer to Reagan than anyone else running.

Come November, you might want to avoid high places and sharp objects.

ImageImage
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diogenes wrote:
BSmack wrote:Not exactly. But feel free to sip on that Romney Kool-Aid.

Just like the French you Republicans are. You know, fighting the last war instead of the current one.

The old Reagan coalition is dead. It remains to be seen whether either party can fashion a new majority. But I can assure you that Romney's appeals to the old coalition will fall on deaf ears.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote:
Diogenes wrote:
BSmack wrote:Not exactly. But feel free to sip on that Romney Kool-Aid.

Just like the French you Republicans are. You know, fighting the last war instead of the current one.

...says the party trying to recycle the Clintonistas.

Epic.

ImageImage
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Diogenes wrote:...says the party trying to recycle the Clintonistas.
Obama thrashing Hillary 2-1 out front should have told you different.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

BSmack wrote:
Diogenes wrote:...says the party trying to recycle the Clintonistas.
Obama thrashing Hillary 2-1 out front should have told you different.
Diogenes wrote:25% of white voters my work in SC, but come February 5 Osama is in deep shit.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dude types some nonsensical affront to the language... and then sees fit to quote himself doing it?

Priceless bit of tardism.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dinsdale wrote:Image
STFU, twinkie.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Then of course follows up with some insight into his "logic" --

If Dio is an idiot, it obviously means that everyone else is an ankle-biter.

More genius from the biggest dumbass this board has ever seen.
Dr_Phibes
P.H.D - M.B.E. - O.B.E.

Post by Dr_Phibes »

an unusual lack of drama from dio in this thread though, no mention of Hitler, Petain or Chamberlain.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Dr_Phibes wrote:no mention of Hitler, Petain or Chamberlain.

He's still struggling with the "i before e" thing... give him time.
Diogenes

Post by Diogenes »

Dinsdale wrote:If Dio is an idiot, it obviously means that everyone else is an ankle-biter.
Having some drooling simpleton who hasn't a clue what I'm saying refer to me as an 'idiot'...

Shocking.

And I never said everyone is an ankle-biter. Just the silly little takeless bitches who follow me around like a spurned teenage girl.

That would be you, loser.

ImageImage
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Diogenes wrote:
That would be you, loser.

Uhhhhm....

No.

I'm the guy who's bitched to the admins about your posts still appearing on my screen. And if they're going to appear, they're going to be ridiculed.

And you know why I'm going to ridicule them?

Because you're a fucking moron, and you volunteer for that duty every time you post.

Fucking idiot.
Ang
Jumpin' Little Juke Joint Gal

Post by Ang »

BSmack

Getcha popcorn indeed.
I've never really followed the Democrat nominating process at all, because in former years it was a class of clowns. In my years of voting, there was always at least one Republican or Libertarian who was saying what needed to be done in this country. This time, I'm looking around and thinking...is this it? The Republicans are the class of clowns this time. They all want the job simply because it is the next expected position on their resume, but have no heart for it. I really think it will be Obama or Hillary, and if I have to take my choice between the two, I will vote for the idealistic less experienced guy who will have good ideas and better advisors instead of the dirty politic, been there done that but it wasn't really me Hillary.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:
Ang wrote:I will vote for the idealistic less experienced guy who will have good ideas and better advisors instead of the dirty politic, been there done that but it wasn't really me Hillary.
Why don't you go ahead and link us up to all these "good ideas", idiot.
http://www.barackobama.com/issues/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You were saying?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

mvscal wrote:Still waiting on those good ideas. Save the horseshit boilerplate.
There's fucking reams of ideas and positions there for you to pick apart. Just because you're too lazy to read them doesn't mean they're not there.
He favors energy independence? Really? He voted to drill in ANWAR? Didn't think so.

Next...
There's more oil in North Dakota than ANWAR. Tell me you knew?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:There's more oil in North Dakota than ANWAR. Tell me you knew?

And who gets to suck it out of the ground?

Is it any American who wants to?

Is it on some sort of competitive basis?

Why, of course not. Raytheon gets to. Big Oil gets to.

Nice of the Traitor to remove free-markets even further from Americans.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:"Big Oil" gets to because that is what they do, you brainless fucking tard.
Really? I didn't realize that the big oil companies had begun meaningful production in the shale reserves.

Wanna hook a brother up with a link?

Oh, wait... no link, because that's not the case.

So, why did you fell the need to LIE when making a case against the free market?

Because extracting shale oil very clkeary ISN'T what Big Oil does... but since Big Oil owns Congress, it's something they're GOING to do -- to make sure there's as little competition as possible, and the American Consumer gets hosed.

There's nothing stopping you from starting your own oil company.
Educate yourself, you glaringly ignorant dumbfuck.

Monumentally ignorant.

You do nothing but whimper and cry about socialists and communists out one side of your mouth and then scream about corporations out the other.

Why yes -- it's like communism, only worse. When certain coroporations are favored by the government over others, the free market and the American People suffer... tell me you knew?

Big Government has closed certain industried down to competition. Yet Big Government uses tax dollars to prop up those same industries. WORSE than communism.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:That would be because there isn't (currently) an energy efficient and cost effective method of extracting fuel from oil shale on a large scale.

Big breakthrough announced in the last few days, tard.

It wasn't Shell, it was Raytheon, tard.

And take a big fucking guess what, tard?

The government paid them to do the research... because obviously the ability to tap into the world's largest oil reserve wasn't motivation enough.

You and I aren't allowed to do research or experimentation in the shale reserves. Period. Lie and spin all you like, but that is the truth.

So, free market economics have been completely removed from the next era of oil production by Big Government, just like it was from the last phase, and has been for 80 years.

Because certain people have bought Congress -- that's the point, dumbfuck.

Time to start string up some traitors, and make them pay for their crimes with their lives -- that should slow the corruption a little.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:You and I aren't qualified to do research or experimentation in the shale reserves. Period.

Why do you hate any semblance of logic, you tard?
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

B-Monica wrote:
There's more oil in North Dakota than ANWAR.
There's more oil in Canada than anywhere but Saudi Arabia.

We could & should just TAKE it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Cuda wrote: There's more oil in Canada than anywhere but Saudi Arabia.

We could & should just TAKE it.

Are you fucking nuts?

We tried that with Iraq, and the relatively civil people there are still going apeshit.

Can you imagine if the canatards got their panties in a bunch? They'd make a bunch of shitty beer and continue playing their chicksprt known as hockey in protest, I'm sure. And if the civilian casualties were too high (oxymoron in my book), they might protest by having Bryan Adams make another album... is that really what you want?

BTW -- there's more oil (shale) in Colorado than the entire Middle East-btw.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

There ain't but a couple dozen actual Canadians, Dins- a hundred at most. We could have all of Canadia in just a few months.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

Your soldiers will switch sides and join our ferocious resistance when they see how good we have it up here.

"American soldiers! Workers and labourers who toil under the capitalist yoke...Join us in our Great Patriotic Struggle!
If you cross through No Man's Land, we guarantee you safety and a prosperous life in our future anarcho-socialist utopia!
Bring your weapons with you and surrender to the nearest Canuck Resistance units. You will be treated with respect and dignity. (Sorry, officers, like all running dog imperialist stooges will be shot. Rules is rules...)

Why do you want to fight us? We are brothers and sisters in the same struggle! We CAN unite and fight the greater enemy, namely the vulture capitalist parasites that drink our blood and steal bread from the mouths of our children!

U.S.A + Canada = North American Socialist People's Workers State
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
Shlomart Ben Yisrael
Insha'Allah

Post by Shlomart Ben Yisrael »

^^^^^^^^^^^

...something like this...
rock rock to the planet rock ... don't stop
Felix wrote:you've become very bitter since you became jewish......
Kierland drop-kicking Wolftard wrote: Aren’t you part of the silent generation?
Why don’t you just STFU.
titlover
Eternal Scobode

Post by titlover »

Martyred wrote:Image

^^^^^^^^^^^

...something like this...

a wet dream on a poster. nice.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

shale oil recovery was invented in the U&L, ya know.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

After reading a bit of that site I think I'd actually prefer hitlery.

God, what a fukking tard.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.