Bobby Petrino BAILS from the ATL

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Bobby Petrino BAILS from the ATL

Post by RevLimiter »

Can you blame the guy? He didn't exactly sign up for the shit he ended up dealing with there. What a mess.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

LINK It Paully!

i saw a "brief" (ESPN went to commercial) Scroll that said that He resigned.....let's get a LINK up in here before i run out of Beer and hit the X.

:mrgreen:
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Qbert wrote:LINK It
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3150783

nobody likes a quitter.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Felix wrote:
Qbert wrote:LINK It
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3150783

nobody likes a quitter.....
thanx Greenie.

nobody likes a quitter...very TRUE.

his credibility as a disciplinarian :mrgreen: might be questioned at arKansas.

...yeah....suspend me from the Team....we Lose and then you QUIT...?

Sin,

D'Angelo Hall Jr.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Can you really blame the guy?

Petrino signs a big contract to leave a plush job in the college ranks and his #1 franchise player that he was going to rebuild the offense around gets nabbed for being the antidote of the term "Man's best friend." Then, Bobby was stuck with the shitty seconds in Hoey Harringtion who is a head case to begin with. Petrino has to go back to the drawing board and has to redo the offense all over again. In the process, he completely fucks up by not getting Jerious Norwood more involved in the offense and when the Falcons started losing, he was treating these grown men making an absurd amount of money like 18 year old boys who just got off the bus. the players lashed out to the media and Petrino started to crack. Then, Bobby got desperate and started the QB merry-go-round and that was a huge failure. The pressure starts to build, but a SEC job becomes available so he bolts and takes the gig and a good gig I might add.

Bobby Petrino - Quitter? Yes. Pussy? I don't think so.

He got screwed.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

He's a puss.

If Bernard Petrino was worth a shit he'd BUILD something from the ground up and make it work

He's a front-running cunt of the highest order.

I laff at him.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Can you really blame the guy?

I don't know... Can you?

he completely fucks up by not getting Jerious Norwood more involved in the offense

he was treating these grown men making an absurd amount of money like 18 year old boys

the players lashed out to the media and Petrino started to crack
Then, Bobby got desperate and started the QB merry-go-round and that was a huge failure.

The pressure starts to build, but a SEC job becomes available so he bolts
Bobby Petrino - Quitter? Yes.

What do you do when you actually blame a guy?

Only Vick was out of his control. He could have just as easily lost him to a knee injury. The rest was Petrino, and he quit when he failed and the going got tough.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Yeah, he made mistakes like most coaches do in their first year, but that team is screwed for the next couple of years because of that dog killer who happened to be their best player(maybe second best to Abraham). He did get screwed. He was hired into one situation and was handed an entirely different situation when the season started. He panicked.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Felix wrote: nobody likes a quitter.
The thought of a rat vacating a sinking ship come to mind here.

So, I guess this means he'll be on the sidelines for the Cotton Bowl, which gives me even more reason to want to see Mizzou destroy Arkansas.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Headhunter wrote:Only Vick was out of his control. He could have just as easily lost him to a knee injury.
Injury is a whole other different animal. You are given a time table of when that player will come back and it usually is within the year. Look at it this way, had he known Vick was going to be injured for 3 years, do you think he would have taken the job? No fucking way. He would have stayed at Louisville one more year or perhaps jumped over to another college program. Vick was THAT important to the Falcons even if he wasn't a bona fide quarterback.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:He's a scumsucking cunt who will always be a scumsucking cunt.
Whatever. You'd fold like a lawnchair if handed that situation.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:Are you seriously attempting to justify this as acceptable professional behavior?
What is your definition of professional behavior? If you think my desk job and the behavior guidelines that go behind it applies to the head coaching behavior guidelines, then are in need of some serious education on the subject matter.

Coaches do this sort of thing in this particular arena. Its part of the "game". Professional behavior doesn't even enter into it unless of course Petrino did what Saban did. That was busch league. Petrino was hired under one set of circumstances and he started to do his job under another set of circumstances that were clearly unfavorable to the team's success. He made some mistakes along the way and ultimately quit on the team, but that does not make him a bleeding cunt. These guys are out for themselves.

Professional behavior? In this profession? That went out the window years ago.

Stupid would be a compliment for you.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:That is completely unprofessional behavior.
Todd Graham - signed an extension with Rice Owls on a Tuesday back in Jan. of this year. He announces on Thursday of the same week he was taking the head coaching job at Tulsa...

SURVEY SAYS?!?! UNPROFESSIONAL!!!

Nick Saban - tells the media he has not had any discussions with Alabama and does not intend on leaving Miami. A week and a half after the press conference, Saban holds another press conference saying he is leaving Miami for the Alabama job.

Marty Schottenheimer - tells the media that he would absolutely positively not coach under a man like Dan Schnieder and was happy being an ESPN analyst. Shottenhiemer takes the Redskins job one month later.

Bobby Petrino - gets hired by the Atlanta Falcons and goes there with the intention to restore Michael Vick's career with a newly built offense designed for Vick's strengths. Vick is arrested for dog fighting and Petrino is left with Joey Harrington as his QB. He can't get things going and the players let Petrino know through the media their displeasure with the way he treats them. The team is bad and has cap issues and they have lost their best player for at least 3 years. Petrino leaves to back to the college ranks.

SURVEY SAYS?!?! Eh
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Give it up, Rumps.....m2svcal clearly doesn't have the brain capacity to figure this out.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:SURVEY SAYS?!?!
They're ALL rats.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Pig? How generous. I'd go with Pork Megaladon.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
See You Next Wednesday
De Gustibus Non Est Disputandum

Post by See You Next Wednesday »

Considering that the owners have no qualms about firing coaches at the drop of the hat, I don't really care if a coach quits the same way.
"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."
- H.L. Mencken (1880 - 1956)
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Yeah, and who wants to stay at a job where the players went to the media, not the coach's office, to discuss their displeasure with him.

And their displeasure was nothing like what Strahan and Barber were talking about with Coughlin. Totally different reasons.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RevLimiter wrote:Give it up, Rumps.....m2svcal clearly doesn't have the brain capacity to figure this out.
Rumple,

When you've got a FAT fucking RETARD like KFC Paul taking up for you, it's probably time to re-think your position.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Goober McTuber wrote:Rumple,

When you've got a FAT fucking RETARD like KFC Paul taking up for you, it's probably time to re-think your position.
Are you serious?!?! Paul can't stand any of you brainless cunts. Any position taken against R-Jack, mvscal, PSUFAN, you and about 10 others (MB, ucant, etc.), he is going to take their side. I'm trying desperately to let him know that I think he is fat blustering slob just like everyone else only without comprimising my wife's physique. That's a little difficult, you know.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
mvscal wrote:That is completely unprofessional behavior.
Todd Graham - signed an extension with Rice Owls on a Tuesday back in Jan. of this year. He announces on Thursday of the same week he was taking the head coaching job at Tulsa...

Nick Saban - tells the media he has not had any discussions with Alabama and does not intend on leaving Miami. A week and a half after the press conference, Saban holds another press conference saying he is leaving Miami for the Alabama job.

Marty Schottenheimer - tells the media that he would absolutely positively not coach under a man like Dan Schnieder and was happy being an ESPN analyst. Shottenhiemer takes the Redskins job one month later.

Bobby Petrino - gets hired by the Atlanta Falcons and goes there with the intention to restore Michael Vick's career with a newly built offense designed for Vick's strengths. Vick is arrested for dog fighting and Petrino is left with Joey Harrington as his QB. He can't get things going and the players let Petrino know through the media their displeasure with the way he treats them. The team is bad and has cap issues and they have lost their best player for at least 3 years. Petrino leaves to back to the college ranks.

SURVEY SAYS?!?! Eh
You left out the part where he got hired a few days later by Arkansas with evidence that he had been in discussions to take over the job for at least a month. He flat out quit in this team b/c he didn't have one clue how to deal with professional players. Yeah they're overpaid, pampered babies but you get on their good side and they'll produce and cracks skulls for you. Petrino didn't say around long enough to figure that out and Vick or no Vick that Falcons team was terrible.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Headhunter wrote: Only Vick was out of his control. He could have just as easily lost him to a knee injury. The rest was Petrino, and he quit when he failed and the going got tough.

$$$
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

RumpleForeskin wrote:

Are you serious?!?! Paul can't stand any of you brainless cunts. Any position taken against R-Jack, mvscal, PSUFAN, you and about 10 others (MB, ucant, etc.), he is going to take their side. I'm trying desperately to let him know that I think he is fat blustering slob just like everyone else only without comprimising my wife's physique. That's a little difficult, you know.
PERFECT examples right there why this board is turning to utter SHIT. :meds:
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

jiminphilly wrote:
Headhunter wrote: Only Vick was out of his control. He could have just as easily lost him to a knee injury. The rest was Petrino, and he quit when he failed and the going got tough.

$$$
You keep forgetting the fact that the players despised him. They are all probably dancin' a jig to the tune of Kanye right now. had Petrino stuck around, then we probably would've seen him pick Brohm over Ryan in the first round. He is safer in the long run at Arkansas.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Image <---Rumps still trying to convince the world he is right.
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I've never made that face.
velocet
"Q-Town"

Post by velocet »

I had no idea the extent of fukktardity in Falcon land until I saw it all in full bloom on Monday Night Football. The total waste of space players with their tributes to Vick, fans doing the same and Arthur Blankmind mouthing some stupid shit about "what happened to Mike Vick..."

WTF? ...what happened to Vick... yeah, this all just happened to him, didn't it?

I'll grant that Petrino is guilty as accused of violating the principles of professionalism so outlined. Throw in any and all coward/quitter references involved as well. In sum he sorta fukked over the owner, front office, players and fans.

Yeah, he didn't do right by that owner, those players and those fans (with apologies to SOME fans like shutyomouth and Marantz, any and all smack aside they don't deserve anything like any of this fukking Vick drama. Sayin'.)...

...Petrino screwed over THAT owner?

Well then, by all means:

In this instance the practical trumps the principle. Way to go, Bobby P.

velocet
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Velocet, you are a deece poster. You belong at the mag7 board.

No seriously, fucking nice post.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

RevLimiter wrote:
RumpleForeskin wrote:

PERFECT examples right there why this board is turning to utter SHIT. :meds:
Because people are bagging on YOU, tubby? No, that's a GOOD thing.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
jiminphilly wrote:
Headhunter wrote:Only Vick was out of his control. He could have just as easily lost him to a knee injury. The rest was Petrino, and he quit when he failed and the going got tough.
$$$
You keep forgetting the fact that the players despised him. They are all probably dancin' a jig to the tune of Kanye right now. had Petrino stuck around, then we probably would've seen him pick Brohm over Ryan in the first round. He is safer in the long run at Arkansas.
Here's what Lawyer Milloy had to say about Petrino's farewell letter.

Kinda says it all. He deserves no respect whatsoever.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/content/sport ... _1213.html
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Not even a face to face meeting, but he had to hide behind a letter. Fucking classic pussy.

Most coaches will sit the team down and talk to them in person. Errrrr, most respectable coaches anyways.
Sirfindafold
Shit Thread Alert

Post by Sirfindafold »

RumpleForeskin wrote:He got screwed.
I guess he was working for free, right?

you're a fuckin' jerkoff.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Okay, the letter makes him a piece of shit. I withdraw my original position.