long odds indeed....

Oh Billy Billy Billy...

Moderator: Dinsdale

Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

long odds indeed....

Post by Felix »

1 in 2,253,649,101,066,840,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to be more precise......

or to put in in another context, you'd be struck with lightning 161,000,000 times before this ever occurred....

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/news/story?id=3054244

I've been playing over thirty years and I've never had one, and I've only witnessed two.....and I generally play with single digit players.....

Sixteen in a span of six months?????

"Riiiiiight"
get out, get out while there's still time
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Felix?

its another Case of a Woman TRYING to GOLF--->and then JUSTIFYING IT.

what did yo do?

Oh, its in that Hole thingy....over there....

how many times did you Hit it?

i HIT it.....its in the Hole.

did you hit the Ball more than once?

i looked for my ball all over this place....and its in the HOLE!

WEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee HOLE IN ONE!

bet that the BITCH didn't BUY either!
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

The dyke is full of shit.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

What's really telling is that her index supposedly dropped nearly a stroke per month.

Even Kim Jong Ill thinks she needs to dial it down.

BTW: For the record, the closest thing I have to an ace on my resume is an eagle two on a par 4. I holed out from about 145 yards with my trusty 8 iron. From the tee the closest I've come is about 1 foot from the pin. And that's in 25 years of playing.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I had one on a chip-and-putt course. Not quite the same, since it was only about 45 yards or something... although that hole has a tree over the green(named the Maple Keeper hole), which eith requires a very high shot and a "pachinco" down through the tree (lipped one out on the same hole before), or an uphill bump and run under the branches, which is how I got the Ace.

On the other side of the coin, I was drunk as fuck at the time.

That same chip-and-putt course has buckied up Aces for two of my buddies as well, both on extremely difficult holes, actually. One of those has a "real" ace, on a pretty long par 3. Same dude left one on the lip the last time we played together a few weeks ago... perfect shot past the hole, grabbed the lip as it spun back to the hole. That was when I was subbing on his men's league team...

Which his Men's League and he tell a quite awesome ace story... a couple of years ago, the guy who is universally regarded as by far the worse player in their league... just a hack old dude, was at like a 175 yard par 3, in heavy wind. The Witnesses said dude decides a 5-iron is the club, and he stepped up to the tee and bladed the crap out of it -- one of those full-on 300 yard 5-iron skull-jobs. Apparently, on the downhill hole, a gust of wind straightens the flag out, the ball comes in at about 8,000,000 feet per second, gets tangled in the fabric of the flag, and eventually drops straight into the hole, right in front of a large group of witnesses, since dude sucked so badly that the groups following were now stacked up behind him waiting.

Sometimes, I guess it's better to be lucky than good.

I need to get a round or two in before the Wet Season gets going.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Having more than one person around to witness it helps..

Doing it in a tournament where there's big time prizes available--- even better. :mrgreen:

Sadly though, next summer will be the last year for the course I nailed it on.
Multi-million dollar homes are taking over in that area and the course owners decided to cash in.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

^^^^^^ rack any and all 1's.......

I'm guessing that prolly cost you some money.....
get out, get out while there's still time
fix
Eternal Scobode

Post by fix »

Felix wrote:^^^^^^ rack any and all 1's.......

I'm guessing that prolly cost you some money.....
Actually, it only cost me a round for the group I was playing with and the group that was on the green that waived us on.
Oh ya, and the group behind us that rolled up to the tee just as our group teed off.

12 drinks in all.

The course picked up a round for everyone during the banquet/awards/dinner celebration as their way of congratulations.

Thankfully, the prize money for the closest to the pin was awarded to me even though the contest was on a different par 3...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

In our group, if someone nails a 1, then everyone else int he group gives him $100...and then the drinks are on him the rest of the night.

The only time this happened for me, the bar tab was about $500 for the 4 of us and the wife had to pick me up.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...