Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Adrian Peterson

Post by BSmack »

296 Yards.

:dins:

In 3...2...1...
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Damn...props to him, the first to 1000 yards if I'm not mistaken. Very good player on a brutal team...bad loss for the Chargers.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Ok, that was fairly impressive.

Fucker scored 47 points in the JFFL, and as luck would have it, did it against my team. Ucant is going to be pissed should that effort go for naught, which it very well might.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Post by the_ouskull »

Boomer Sooner!

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

"All Day" my ass....Adrian Peterson's new nic should be "ALL YEAR". :shock:
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

I got tired just watching him....unbelievable.....

I keep waiting for those injuries he was seemingly always plagued with while at Oklahoma...maybe he's more durable than I'd originally thought.....

I can imagine the Blots were really sucking the O's after chasing him around all day.....
get out, get out while there's still time
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

Don't fret, Chargertard, for you'll only be the recordbook bitch for two weeks.
Peterson get's the splendid Raider run D on Nov. 18.

I fully expect him to go off for 296+.

..... in the first half.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, when I told you fucking idiots what was about to be unleashed on the NFL at the beginning of the season, you laughed.

I remember mvscal being particularly arrogant(which quickly faded to ignorant) when I informed the unwashed NFL fans what they were about to witness.

Methinks mvscal, Chargertard extraordinaire, would have been well served to keep his yap shut.

I called my shot on this one 3 freaking years ago. You didn't listen (Soonerfan knows what's up). I called it again 2 years ago. Called it loud and clear last year. At the begginning of this NFL season, I was done calling my shot -- I was just laughing at the expense of the tools that couldn't understand what was about to be unleashed.

And once again, I was right, and most of you idiots ridiculed me for it.

Who's laughing now, tards?

A couple of months ago, I TOLD you who the best RB in the NFL was... and you doubted me. You'll learn (and if you had any brains, you would have learned long ago) to not doubt me.

Understanding the All Day nickname yet, NFL Tards?

Of course, you're not looking nearly as foolish as some of my real life associates, who laughed a couple of weeks ago when I told them "I predict AD will break the single game record by the end of this season." That was pretty genius, too.

BTW-Nice work on draft day, 6 other NFL GMs.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

How about

"We're impressed. Sin, Nobody"

Or sre you really going to duck and hide when the man in question just bitchslapped YOUR team to fufill the prophecy?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

You're really going to ask for a link after you spent the last several weeks bashing All Day?

Really?

Go fuck yourself.

viewtopic.php?t=25461

But take solace in the fact you surround yourself with dumbfucks.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Why is Peterson the best back in the NFL this week but when he only gains 70 yards on 20 carries not a word was said about his performance last week?

I think the kid is special and will potentially be one of if not the top back in the NFL but last year Steven Jackson had an absolute dominating year and this year he's been playing like shit.

I think longevity needs to come into play before you start crowining anyone best in the NFL at their position.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Search parameters don't turn it up, so I won't take you to task on that particular one. You said it, though, despite your denials.

Regardless -- you're now going to deny bashing AD, even after he just lit your team up for the biggest. Game. EVAR?

Now would be an excellent time for you to shut up and lick your wounds.

I said he was the most productive offensive player in the NFL. It was FACT at the time. It still is. And it will continue to be so. Despite how badly you wanted me to be wrong.

Again -- I called my shot 3 fucking years ago(a fact I'm sure the Sonnerfans here will confirm). Not much left to say after that.

But keep on thinking the washed up, overrated has-been in your backfield is still the best. He wasn't even the second-best RB on that field yesterday.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jiminphilly wrote:Why is Peterson the best back in the NFL this week but when he only gains 70 yards on 20 carries not a word was said about his performance last week?

So he had his worst game of the season, and was held to 3.5 per carry?

While holding the nastiest RB in the game to 3.5 per is a good accomplishment, it hardly creates a case that AD is anything less than the best.

And he IS "the best." No ifs, ans, or buts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dins,

I don't think anybody has ever questioned Peterson's ability. It's his DURABILITY which still has some serious question marks. Question marks that will not be resolved until he plays a couple of seasons in the NFL.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mikey
Carbon Neutral since 1955

Post by Mikey »

After 8 games Peterson might as well hang it up. Dins has already confirmed that he is "the best".

What other accomplishments are out there for him?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Mikey wrote:After 8 games Peterson might as well hang it up. Dins has already confirmed that he is "the best".

What other accomplishments are out there for him?
World Peace?
Curing cancer?
Eric Dickerson's record?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:It's his DURABILITY which still has some serious question marks. Question marks that will not be resolved until he plays a couple of seasons in the NFL.

Sure.

Then again -- every freaking player in the NFL is one play away from the end of their career. Every single player has that same knock hanging over their head.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:Eric Dickerson's record?

Which is now in danger... in dude's rookie freaking year.

After 8 games, he's already accomplished multiple feats that no other RB ever has.
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Dinsdale wrote: And he IS "the best." No ifs, ans, or buts.
Based on what again? I'm still not understanding what is making a RB who played 8 games in the NFL the best at his position. He is having a fantasic ROOKIE year but be sure to check back in about 3 years (after you're done genuflecting and massaging AP's testicles.)
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

jiminphilly wrote:Based on what again?
Quantitatively, that would be the NFL statistics.

Subjectively, it would be the observable talent level.
I'm still not understanding what is making a RB who played 8 games in the NFL the best at his position.
The fact that he's done the most damage of any RB in the NFL?

Hello?

Maybe it's a semantics thing involving "best"?

Does this help?

He is having a fantasic ROOKIE year but be sure to check back in about 3 years

So, what he may or may not do 3 years from now has some bearing on who is the best NOW?

If you left your brain under the pillow tonight, it's unlikely the Logic Fairy is going to give you a quarter for it.

Along the same vein -- Walter Payton is not the best running back in the NFL in 2007... Adrian Peterson is.

(after you're done genuflecting and massaging AP's testicles.)

Oh, I see the problem...

I was talking about Adrian Peterson, the best RB in the NFL, not that scrubby RB who plays for the Bears.

I was talking about AD. And I think it's funny the non-CFB fans are somehow suprised that dude came in and announced that there was a new sheriff in town. It was pretty obvious what was about to happen to those who followed Oklahoma football over the last 3 seasons.

And btw-while dude has missed a few games in his college career, he has never suffered a "major" injury, and has never injured the same body part twice. The "injury-prone" label is so overexaggerated, it's not really a factor.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Did Charles Rogers fucking humiliate the Chargers too?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:And btw-while dude has missed a few games in his college career, he has never suffered a "major" injury, and has never injured the same body part twice. The "injury-prone" label is so overexaggerated, it's not really a factor.
Never injured the same body part twice?

So what you're saying is that he's brittle all around?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:
So what you're saying is that he's brittle all around?

Yeah, he's so brittle that after coming in as a third-stringer freshman a couple of games into the season, he set the record for most rushing yards by a freshman ever. After 3 short seasons, he's just barely behind Billy Sims and Joe Washington on the OU all-time list... just barely.

This "brittle" thing doesn't seem to stop him from crushing every record in front of him.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Yeah, he's so brittle that after coming in as a third-stringer freshman a couple of games into the season, he set the record for most rushing yards by a freshman ever. After 3 short seasons, he's just barely behind Billy Sims and Joe Washington on the OU all-time list... just barely.
And had he stayed healthy...???

Besides, do you REALLY want to invoke the name of Billy Sims when your guy's durability is being questioned?

:lol:

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Dins,

First thread with mvscal as author and impressed in the keyword.

viewtopic.php?t=25033&postdays=0&postor ... &start=120
mvscal wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Let's see... a rook has 431 yards of offense in his first 3 games.
Wow!!! Three whole games?!? I'm impressed.

--Nobody
Spin time now.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, this is the part where you desperately spin after getting busted in a lie?

And yes, YOU might dismiss someone just on the basis of being a rookie. Those of us who A) follow the college game, and B) actually have a functioning eye for spotting superlative talent, wouldn't do anything so foolish based solely on calender age/NFL experience.

So, you weren't impressed. Dude just set a new standard by which single-game rushing performances will be judged... against your fucking team.

Fucking priceless. Way to "call your shot," bud... you're looking like a genius.

Next time I tell you to "shut the fuck up," you might wanna listen next time -- I wasn't kidding.

But go ahead and tell more lies to try and save face -- no, it looks good on YOU.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

Dinsdale wrote:So, this is the part where you desperately spin after getting busted in a lie?

And yes, YOU might dismiss someone just on the basis of being a rookie. Those of us who A) follow the college game, and B) actually have a functioning eye for spotting superlative talent, wouldn't do anything so foolish based solely on calender age/NFL experience.

So, you weren't impressed. Dude just set a new standard by which single-game rushing performances will be judged... against your fucking team.

Fucking priceless. Way to "call your shot," bud... you're looking like a genius.

Next time I tell you to "shut the fuck up," you might wanna listen next time -- I wasn't kidding.

But go ahead and tell more lies to try and save face -- no, it looks good on YOU.
Out of retirement for one post to fucking RACK Dins.

Excellent work, as usual.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:
Dinsdale wrote:Those of us who A) follow the college game,
The college game has no relevance to the NFL. Surely someone who "follows" the college game has figured that much out by now.

Oh, dear.

Remember that Golden Rule, dude -- Brain, and THEN keyboard... in that order.

Or, are you really going to get on the phone to the Chargers' front office and tell them to fire all of their scouts?

Every year, they hold this thing called "the draft." Believe it or not, they don't just toss all of the names in a hat and pick them randomly.

Why is that?

Maybe because they base the order of those picks based upon their performance in college?

Hello?

Lady Tomlinson was drafted high based on his performance in college, where he racked up two very impressive years (including the biggest rushing game in history). AD was drafted based on 3 impressive years in college. See, those two players were drafted ahead of guys who didn't perform as well in college. That's why they got a chance to play in the NFL.

Do I need to explain that more, are are you starting to figure out why your spinning is looking so foolish?
Check back with me when he puts together great back to back seasons.

Maybe I should type slowly?

HOW DOES WHAT HE MAY OR MAY NOT DO NEXT YEAR HAVE ANY BEARING ON BEING THE BEST AT PRESENT?

Wait, don't answer that -- I'm sure the explaination will be painful (albeit funny) to read.

When you start comparing him to somebody who has been doing it for six years and is 4th all time in rushing touchdowns, it makes you an idiot.

No, an "idiot" would be someone who doesn't grasp the concept of how his beloved Little Bitch got wayyyyy outplayed by a rook yesterday, and not only got bitchslapped doing it, but found themselves on the wrong end of the record books doing it.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Raydah James wrote:Excellent work, as usual.

Although I appeciate the gesture, I can't accept much credit for hitting an HR while playing tee-ball.

Of course, if dude could have sacked up and said something like "props to AD. You were right, I was wrong," after his team just got absolutely pasted for 296 and a big "L," he could have come out looking OK. But that ain't his style, and he's actually going to sit there and try to defend his lack of ability to recognize talent by creating diversions.

And yes... in "real life" I predicted that AD would break the record during his rookie campaign. Why? While it may have been a big-talking longshot, I recognized that AD was possibly the most talented RB to play the game at any level three freaking years ago. Those I made that bold prediction to are laughing about it over the last 24-ish hours.... but they didn't try and dismiss my prediction, so they were in a position to laugh with me.

Combine quite possibly the most talented RB in the history of the game with a Pro-Bowl O-Line, and you get what we had here yesterday -- which is the way he wants it... the way he has to have it. And you get mvscal backpedalling... some men, you just can't reach.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:The legion Heismann Trophy winning draft busts in the NFL should have told you that.

Showing how much you know again?

OK. Let's go back 20 years (gotta cut it off somewhere).

Besides "system" and option QBs, care to name the Heisman winning "busts" over the last 20 years?

I guess you could make a case for Rashaan Salaam, except he set the record for Bears' rookie RBs, and his problems mostly stemmed from injury, not inability.

Ron Dayne? Still employed as a feature-back by an NFL team.

Jury is still out on Reggie Bush, but it's quite possible he'll be falling from the ranks of Heisman winners in the near future anyway.

Obviously, no opinion can be offered on Troy Smith yet.

The rest of the non-system/option QBs have all gone on to stardom at the NFL level.

Try again, only maybe mix in something factual next time.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Besides "system" and option QBs, care to name the Heisman winning "busts" over the last 20 years?
1. Eric Crouch- Far from being the multi-purpose threat Nebraska's hype machine advertised, Crouch demonstrated that his one real skill was being a multiple quitter. When a guy doesn't even try to play in the league, he's a bust. I don't care what system he played in college.

2. Chris Weinke- Absolute God awful failure in the NFL.

3. Ron Dayne- Contrary to what Dinsdale would have us believe, Ron Dayne has never, and will never be a "feature back" in the NFL. He's a role player who's career average is less than 4 yards a carry. Which makes him perfect for Coach Kubiak's system of minimizing cards per carry, but pretty fucking useless as an NFL back.

4. Rashaan Salaam- Had one good year and then couldn't avoid injuries or bongs. Bust.

5. Gino Torretta- You cannot call a QB from a school that gave the NFL Vinnie Testaverde, Bernie Kosar and Jim Kelly a "system" QB. He's a bust.

6. Desmond Howard- He was passed around the NFL like a groupie at a Motley Crue concert. Why? Because he was a lousy route runner. Had one good game. Lucky for him, it was in a Super Bowl.

7. Ty Detmer- BYU gave the NFL Steve Young and Jim McMahon. Not a system QB. Just a bust.

I'll give Charlie Ward a pass, since he was drafted by the Knicks back when that was a good thing for a baller's career. Even so, it was apparent that nobody in the NFL thought he'd make it.

So there's 7 out of 20 by your criteria. In reality, since 1986, only half of the Heisman winners have been worth a drop of piss in the NFL.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:2006 Troy Smith QB Ohio St: Drafted 5th round couldn't beat out Kyle Boller for 2nd string behind an ancient Steve McNair.
How did Cry Me A Rivers do his first year?

Maybe has something to do with the trend of making rookie/young QBs into clipboard-jockies their first year or two?

To claim anything besides "the jury is still out" is disingenuous.
2005 Reggie Bush RB USC: Still early, but beginning to round into a solid pro.
Actually, he's definitely "jury is still out" material, but is looking like a below-average pro(3.7 per... but the jury is still out)
2004 Matt Leinart QB USC: Bust. Was in the process of being benched in favor of a has-been who shits his pants and fumbles every time someone shouts BOO.
"Jury is still out." To call someone a "bust" based on minimal playing time in Arizona just reeks of "spinning."
2003 Jason White QB Oklahoma: Who?

Your ignorance on display again -- he was basically an option-QB. Option QBs rarely turn into good NFL prospects, Mike Vick being an exception (kind of).
2002 Carson Palmer QB USC: Legitimate franchise QB
Maybe the light is coming on -- PAC10 QBs play in a "pro system," not a "college syatem" or traditional option. Non "system QB," NFL star.
2001 Eric Crouch QB Nebraska: Bust
Option QB, running out of a Power-I. Care to list off all of the other Power-I QBs, or any Nebraska QBs who have made a mark on the NFL?

Option QB = Bad NFL prospect, as a general rule.
2000 Chris Weinke QB Florida St: Bust
FSU is something of a "system QB" team.
1999 Ron Dayne RB Wisconsin: Bust
Or, "in year like 9 of an NFL career, and leading his team in rushing as the starting featureback."

The spin is getting pretty deep.
1998 Ricky Williams RB Texas: Bust
Led the NFL in rushing yards? Pro Bowls? Ring any bells?

Williams' lack of long-term success has absolutely nothing to do with a lack of talent... and you know it... you're just in full-spin mode to duck out of a lie you were caught in earlier, and are grasping at straws on this tangent.
1997 Charles Woodson DB-WR Michigan: Decent player, but never came close to living up to the hype.
Still starting as a DB on an NFL team(a top-rated one, at that), right? 10 years later? That's a "bust"?
1996 Danny Wuerffel QB Florida: Just awful. I felt bad for his family.
Are you fucking retarded?

Is there more of a "sytem QB" than what The Old Ball Coach churned out at Florida?

Of course, a certain NFL team apparently didn't get the memo either, and thought that Rex Grossman would be a good pick, too.

"System QB." Generally not conducive to a good NFL pick.
1995 Eddie George RB Ohio St: Great pro.
Yup. Wasn't utilized correctly, but was a very good p[layer nonetheless.
1994 Rashan Salaam RB Colorado: Bust
Already adressed -- health problems, and nothing to do with talent level (still holds some Bear records for rookies).
1993 Charlie Ward QB Florida St: Didn't even play football
Undersized, and again, gets into the "system QBs" at Florida State.
1992 Gino Torretta QB Miami-FL: Makes a living as a punchline.
Also something of a "system QB." Not sure why you're struggling so badly with that concept, besides your complete lack of knowledge of the college game. System QBs are very rarely a good NFL choice.
1991 Desmond Howard WR Michigan: Bust with a capital 'B'

I'm sure he feels that way every time he looks at that Super Bowl MVP Trophy... tard.
1990 Ty Detmer QB BYU: Career back up
Gee, a "system QB"... at BYU? Color me :shocked:
1989 Andre Ware QB Houston: Bust
You mean the guy they damn-near rewrote the definition of "system QB" for?

Are you kidding me?

Scanning my brain, I can only think of one college Run-And-Shoot QB who ever had any success in the NFL (sup my U&L Homie).

1988 Barry Sanders RB Oklahoma St: Great pro

A self-centered pussy, but an excellent NFL RB, no doubt.
1987 Tim Brown WR Notre Dame: Great pro
HoFer, probably.
1986 Vinny Testaverde QB Miami-FL: Career journeyman
Still employed at 44. 'Nuff said. Oh, and there's those Pro Bowls and stuff.

But I do appreciate you making my point for me -- throw out the system QBs and option guys, and every last one of them was a successful(sup not Rump) NFL player.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

What the fuck planet are you posting from Dins? And what did you have to smoke to get there?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote: 1. Eric Crouch

OK, typed slowly...

OPTION QB.

Do I need to type that 50 more times? Option and system QBs were excluded in my original set of qualifiers.

I'd strongly suggest knowing what the fuck you're talking about before making such statements.

2. Chris Weinke- Absolute God awful failure in the NFL.

SYSTEM QB.

Sinking in yet?
3. Ron Dayne- Contrary to what Dinsdale would have us believe, Ron Dayne has never, and will never be a "feature back" in the NFL.
Uhm... do you know what a "feature back" is?

Apparently not.

I'll help you out -- it's the guy who gets the most carries for a team. Like, say... Ron Dayne has by a wide margin this season.

Educate yourself... THEN start mashing "submit."
4. Rashaan Salaam- Had one good year and then couldn't avoid injuries or bongs. Bust.

So, we agree that it wasn't for lack of talent, and durability was the issue.

OK. You can just say "I agree" next time.
5. Gino Torretta- You cannot call a QB from a school that gave the NFL Vinnie Testaverde, Bernie Kosar and Jim Kelly a "system" QB. He's a bust.
Because other Duh-U QBs did well in the NFL (not like Miami lacks for very high-level talent in recruiting), that means Miami has never employed a "sytem"?

Try the Logic Soup -- I hear it's excellent.

Newsflash, dumbass -- Miami had a revolving door of coaches during that era... tell me you knew? And those "systems" might have been different, or not traditional college "systems" of offense at all. Tell me you knew?

Moron.

6. Desmond Howard- He was passed around the NFL like a groupie at a Motley Crue concert. Why? Because he was a lousy route runner. Had one good game. Lucky for him, it was in a Super Bowl.
Winnign a SB MVP and "bust" will NEVER go together.

7. Ty Detmer- BYU gave the NFL Steve Young and Jim McMahon. Not a system QB. Just a bust.

Dude... just. Stop.

BYU is very much a "system offense." No if's, an's, or but's.

VERY much a system school.

And your continued use of the Anti-Transative-Theory isn't going to change that.
I'll give Charlie Ward a pass, since he was drafted by the Knicks back when that was a good thing for a baller's career. Even so, it was apparent that nobody in the NFL thought he'd make it.
Again, something of a "system QB," and dude weighs about a buck-eighty with a brick up his ass... was never a plausable NFL prospect. Again, not a lack of talent, but a lack of size.
So there's 7 out of 20 by your criteria. In reality, since 1986, only half of the Heisman winners have been worth a drop of piss in the NFL.

So, there's ZERO out of twenty by my criteria... which I laid out ahead of time.

AGAIN -- throw out the system/option QBs, and every last one of them enjoyed some level of success in the NFL, regardless how badly you try to diminish their accomplishments, and regardless how you try and twist my words to alter my original criteria.

Oh, and BTW-AD is still the best current RB in the NFL... which was the original point that you tards were trying to deny. Maybe you should concentrate on catching the first pass of the game, before congratulating yourself for you subsequent receptions.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:What the fuck planet are you posting from Dins?

Apparently, the one where people know the first fucking thing about college football.

You should try visiting sometime.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote:What the fuck planet are you posting from Dins?
Apparently, the one where people know the first fucking thing about college football.

You should try visiting sometime.
Too bad we're talking about the NFL. You know, the place where a Heisman Trophy winner has a 50% chance of sucking ass.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Wow... I guess I just didn't understand... you guys really are this ignorant.

OK, maybe this will help...

Find me one...ONE CFB Honk who suggested that Jason White and Eric Crouch would make good NFL QBs?

Go ahead and name ONE person who said that.

Oh... you can't.

Why?

Because CFB fans realize those guys are option/system QBs, and likely haven't developed the tools that make for an NFL QB.

Which brings us right back to the original topic (which mvscal is desperately trying to derial, for reasons obvious) -- Find me one CFB fan who DIDN'T think AD was going to be the Latest, Greatest RB EVAR?

See how that works?

But continue to spin away. It's funny.

It's not like I'm alone -- I could probably link up where at least half of the CFB Board here thought the exact same thing about AD. YOU, mv, were the doubter. And you were quite clearly wrong -- regardless who won the Heisman in 1989(nice attempt at subject-changing-btw. Didn't work or anything, but considering how deep you were in, it was worth a shot).
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:Too bad we're talking about the NFL.

Yes. You finally got something right.

Of course, it's the same NFL where myself and plenty of the other CFB posters called their shot loud and clear years ago about AD.

And we were right.

How much more is left to say? We were right, you doubters were wrong. EOS. Any further attempts at subject changing or spin are pretty futile at this point. I guess it just burns up the NFL diehards who don't follow college that those CFB guys knew more about something than they did. Funny shit.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

mvscal wrote:Yeah but if you don't count all the guys who suck, Heisman winners have a great track record in the NFL.

Please stop spinning.

Sin,
My Hurting Sides

I gave detailed qualifiers as to which Heiman guys end up sucking. And I was correct about the trend for the last 20 years, down to a man, regardless how badly you want it to not be so.

Deal with it... you don't know a fucking thing about the college game, and you're a clueless evaluator of young talent. Not my fault, dude -- that's on you, not me.

Then again -- who has the most rushing yards and the most carries for the Texans this season?

Ohhhhhh, wait. Nevermind. Yeah, you know what you're talking about, bud.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote:Too bad we're talking about the NFL.
Yes. You finally got something right.

Of course, it's the same NFL where myself and plenty of the other CFB posters called their shot loud and clear years ago about AD.

And we were right.

How much more is left to say? We were right, you doubters were wrong. EOS. Any further attempts at subject changing or spin are pretty futile at this point. I guess it just burns up the NFL diehards who don't follow college that those CFB guys knew more about something than they did. Funny shit.
Did you know that last week was Peterson's first 30 carry game in the NFL?

Let's see how he does after 6 or 7 more in a row. That is, assuming Childress wants to save his job. Let's see how a guy who runs upright and who's college career was littered by season ending injury holds up to the stress of being a full time back.

Halfway through a players first NFL season is no time to be handing out Hall of Fame busts. That's all I'm saying.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown