Armageddon!

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Armageddon!

Post by Neely8 »

Well it is finally here. An actual challenge for the Patriots. This game will live up to all the hype in my opinion. It will be a shootout, but not as close as people think. The Pats scored over 30 last year in the playoffs without their new weapons. I can't wait to see what they do against the Colts with them. On the other side the Colts lost some valuable people on D. It's a good defense that they have, but I doubt they have faced anything like what they will on Sunday.

The real challenge for the Pats will be if they can stop the Colts from scoring. Our D has not played the Colts well the last 3 meetings. I think that along with everything else wil motivate them plenty.

Pats--42
Colts--27
BBMarley
Eternal Scobode

Post by BBMarley »

Don't fool yourself... the Colts are better than they were last year. That D is making up in spades for the couple losses and the offense is clicking better (and is more balanced) than in years past.

Colts- 38
Pats- 34
Yeah fuckers.... I'm back
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Re: Armageddon!

Post by jiminphilly »

Neely8 wrote:It's a good defense that they have, but I doubt they have faced anything like what they will on Sunday.
Can't the same be said for the Patriots defense? I know you go on to say it's a challenge for the Patriots but lets be honest- the Patriots haven't faced any team that is of the caliber of the Colts and if Dwight Freeney is in Brady's face like I think he will be, no long throws for Moss to out-jump everybody.

I sure hope that ground game is working..

Colts 31
Patriots 24
DallasFanatic
Nobody's Punk

Post by DallasFanatic »

[Big Daddy]

There is no way the Colts have a chance in hell of beating the mighty Patriots. The Patriots are just absolutely sick on the offensive side of the ball and their defense is the most underrated in the league. This game will start out kind of slow with the Pats pouring it on as the game goes. Sorry gentlemen, this game won't even be close.

Pats 47
Colts 20

[/Big Daddy]
Shine
Leads all Lists

Post by Shine »

The Colts are the defending SB champs and they're off to (another) 7-0 start yet all the media wants to talk about is how great the Pats are. Well they've only played 1 legit team all year and that team had a lead (albeit brief) in the 3rd quarter against them. With so much being even between these two teams I think that extra motivational factor for the Colts is the slight edge that puts them over the top. The Indy players are not at all happy that they're the Vegas dogs in this game. Crazy that a 7-0 defending champion is able to play the "no respect" card.

All this game really does is decide which of these two teams hosts the AFC title game rematch though.

Colts- 38
Pats- 35
"Our staff is going to ensure that anyone who attends this University and wears the Indiana uniform will make this privilege among their highest priorities and not treat the opportunity as an entitlement,'' Crean said in a statement. "We fully expect our student-athletes to accept the responsibilities academically, athletically and socially that come with representing one of the top programs in college basketball history."
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Much like the Pats-'Boys game...I think this will be more about the offenses eventhough both teams have top 5 defenses. Neither team has faced an offense as good of an offense they'll face on Sunday. Hard to pick against the Pats but if there is one team that is capable of beating them...I'd say the Colts are probably the only ones right now. Still gotta favor the Pats and their angry brand of football...

Patriots 38
Colts 28
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

An undefeated Super Bowl-defending home dog?

Sign me the fuck up.

Colts win. Score is irrelevant.
WolverineSteve
2012 CFB Bowl Jeopardy Champ

Post by WolverineSteve »

Who are the Colts playing this week? I can't seem to find any info on this game.

TIA
"Gentlemen, it is better to have died as a small boy than to fumble this football."
-John Heisman

"Any street urchin can shout applause in victory, but it takes character to stand fast in defeat. One is noise --- the other, loyalty." Fielding Yost

Go Blue!
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

If the Patriots win this game, they will RUN THE TABLE. They are THAT good. And save your "Cheatriot" nonsense....if you have any brain functions whatsoever and have seen them play you know deep down it's true.

Mark it down.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:If the Patriots win this game, they will RUN THE TABLE. They are THAT good. And save your "Cheatriot" nonsense....if you have any brain functions whatsoever and have seen them play you know deep down it's true.

Mark it down.
Why shouldn't we call a cheater a cheater? It's like calling a fat person skinny otherwise.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

BSmack wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:If the Patriots win this game, they will RUN THE TABLE. They are THAT good. And save your "Cheatriot" nonsense....if you have any brain functions whatsoever and have seen them play you know deep down it's true.

Mark it down.
Why shouldn't we call a cheater a cheater? It's like calling a fat person skinny otherwise.
Because they didn't do ANYTHING that most other teams didn't already do, they paid the price of getting "busted" for doing so, and it's time to move on. Besides, the Pats are STEAMROLLING everybody anyway, cheating or not. Let it go, already. Needless to say I'm not a true Patriot fan, but even I'M sick and fucking tired of the "cheating" nonsense. Even the haters need to recognize that this team might be the best ever assembled. I know it's the best team I've ever seen, and a lot of the talking heads in the media (like Cris Collinsworth) agree.
Last edited by RevLimiter on Thu Nov 01, 2007 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

NFL Paul is back in the house, ready to proclaim his undying love for any team with a chance at winning a Super Bowl.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Hey BitchSmacked, if you don't want to add anything to this discussion above a 4th grade level, do me a favor and stay the FUCK out of it.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

RevLimiter wrote:I know it's the best team I've ever seen, and a lot of the talking heads in the media (like Cris Collinsworth) agree.
Damn. Now you're stealing from Collinsworth? That's when you know you've hit rock bottom.

Funny...few years back, everyone kept saying how the COlts were so great...until they met up with the Cheatriots who shut them the fuck up.

Colts turn.

Indy - 31
Cheats - 28
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RevLimiter wrote:Hey BitchSmacked, if you don't want to add anything to this discussion above a 4th grade level, do me a favor and stay the FUCK out of it.
How about you support your arguments with some facts and original opinions?

Oh yea, that would be like asking Coach Betamax to not cheat.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

When you find yourself in agreement with Chris Collingsworth, it's time to rethink your position. That guy is a useless tool. Howie should have karate chopped his huge adams apple when he had the chance.

Besides, I'd take any of the Powerhouse teams from the 90's to drop a fat cock in the Patriots ass. Cowboys, 49ers, and Pack are all better teams. Hell the Bills might even give them a run for their money. They're not the greatest team ever assembled. They're just head and shoulders above the competition right now. The drop off from 1 or 2 to to the 3rd or 4th best team is a bigger chasm than what it's been in the past. That's parity for you. Makes for a whole lot of mediocre to above average teams, so when a team shines, it looks so out of place.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Headhunter wrote:When you find yourself in agreement with Chris Collingsworth, it's time to rethink your position. That guy is a useless tool. Howie should have karate chopped his huge adams apple when he had the chance.
Collinsworth (CORRECT spelling) is just one of the NFL analysts that have stated for the record that he thinks the Patriots can run the table.
Besides, I'd take any of the Powerhouse teams from the 90's to drop a fat cock in the Patriots ass. Cowboys, 49ers, and Pack are all better teams. Hell the Bills might even give them a run for their money. They're not the greatest team ever assembled. They're just head and shoulders above the competition right now. The drop off from 1 or 2 to to the 3rd or 4th best team is a bigger chasm than what it's been in the past. That's parity for you. Makes for a whole lot of mediocre to above average teams, so when a team shines, it looks so out of place.
Agreed, but let's just leave the powerhouse teams of the 90's (or ANY other decade) out of this discussion because they don't mean ANYTHING. We are in the here and now and like I said before IF the Patriots beat the Colts this Sunday I think they have a good shot at winning out.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

See if I got this right...

The Patriots are the best team to EVER play... if you throw out every other decade?

Outfuckingstanding.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

"We are the best team of all-time!!!!

Well, if you don't count all of those other teams that came before us, anyway.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Dinsdale wrote:"We are the best team of all-time!!!!

Well, if you don't count all of those other teams that came before us, anyway.

I am NOT in with all the 'best team ever' talk but I AM saying that the Patriots are the best NFL team currently playing.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Th wrote:I am NOT in with all the 'best team ever' talk but I AM saying that the Patriots are the best NFL team currently playing.

I'd have to agree.

But you have to admit, if you discount every team that's ever played before them, they're easily the best of ALL-TIME, for today.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Dinsdale wrote:See if I got this right...
You DON'T, so you're already stepping on your nuts.
The Patriots are the best team to EVER play... if you throw out every other decade?

Outfuckingstanding.
That IS NOT what I said, Dinshole.
RevLimiter wrote:Agreed, but let's just leave the powerhouse teams of the 90's (or ANY other decade) out of this discussion because they don't mean ANYTHING. We are in the here and now and like I said before IF the Patriots beat the Colts this Sunday I think they have a good shot at winning out.
NoMOTHERFUCKINGwhere in that quote did I say that the Patriots "are the best team to EVER play", did I?
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RevLimiter wrote: NoMOTHERFUCKINGwhere in that quote did I say that the Patriots "are the best team to EVER play", did I?

Nope. You strongly suggested in in ANOTHER QUOTE, you fucking moron.

RevLimiter wrote:Even the haters need to recognize that this team might be the best ever assembled. I know it's the best team I've ever seen

But now we've come to discover that they're the "best team [you've] ever seen"... if you throw out all of the other teams that came before them.

Priceless. And now you're trying to backpedal and lie your way out of your statements... in the same freaking thread in which you made them.

Enjoy that 2007 Board Bitch title, Chubs.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Headhunter wrote: Besides, I'd take any of the Powerhouse teams from the 90's to drop a fat cock in the Patriots ass. Cowboys, 49ers, and Pack are all better teams.
That is pure conjecture, unmeasurable, and therefore irrelevant. However, I don't recall those teams dominating to the extent that the Pats have. You say it's because overall the league is weaker, which may be true, but that's conjecture as well.

No matter, the whole discussion of "is this the greatest team ever?" is a bit premature at this point only 8 games into the season. But if they do run the table, they'll have to be considered as one of the best, if not THE best ever.
Headhunter
Eternal Scobode

Post by Headhunter »

War Wagon wrote: But if they do run the table, they'll have to be considered as one of the best, if not THE best ever.
That is pure conjecture, unmeasurable, and therefore irrelevant.
Dinsdale wrote:This board makes me feel like Stephen-Hawking-For-The-Day, except my penis is functional and I can walk and stuff.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Touche.

Got my 2nd chuckle of the day.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Headhunter wrote:unmeasurable, and therefore irrelevant.
Can't we leave Paul's junk out of this?
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Dinsdale wrote:
Th wrote:I am NOT in with all the 'best team ever' talk but I AM saying that the Patriots are the best NFL team currently playing.

I'd have to agree.

But you have to admit, if you discount every team that's ever played before them, they're easily the best of ALL-TIME, for today.

Well just have to wait for nest year's Madden to show us! ;-)
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

Patriots bring way too much to the table for Indy to deal with. DOUBLE UP!

Patriots 38

Colts 19

Mark it
Go Patriots! ! ! !
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

It seems Goodell has instructed these refs to give Indy the game.

Don't worry... the Hatetriots will still win. Eat a dick, cunts....
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:It seems Goodell has instructed these refs to give Indy the game.

That call on Hobbs when Wayne tackled him was brutal. Props to the Pats for holding them to another FG though. I think this game will open up more in the second half. Addai has been great for the Colts.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Shoalzie wrote:Addai has been great for the Colts.

Horrible tackling. Or maybe he is that good.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

And what will you whine about now, mvscunt? The refs tried to give the Colts the game (150 yds in penalties) and they still win. Eat a dick....
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:The refs tried to give the Colts the game (150 yds in penalties) and they still win. Eat a dick....
So the refs shouldn't call penalties anymore?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

Did you watch the game? I thought the call on Hobbs was the worst call until they went and called Moss for trying to catch a ball in the endzone. Unreal.
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Please STFU already...
Go Bucs, Gators
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

The Colts controlled that game for 3 quarters plus but in the end Brady made the plays he needed to make to win this one.

I do come away very impressed with the Indy defense in spite of the loss. Two picks on Brady which were turned in 14 points. The Patriots ground game was very quiet. It came down to the arm of Brady and his big 3 targets making key grabs to pull this out.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

mvscal wrote:Hard to cheat against a team with an offensive coordinator under center.

The Colts were outplayed and beat in their own house.
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Mike the Lab Rat
Eternal Scobode

Post by Mike the Lab Rat »

Props to the Patriots for spotting the Colts 10 points and then turning around and winning the game.

I was watching the game with a moderate (i.e., not usually obnoxious) Pats fan and he was going to standard the "refs are handing the game to Indy/NFL anti-Pats conspiracy" whining by the end of the 1st half to excuse the anticipated loss...and then, *magically*, all was right with the refs, the NFL and the world by the end of the game. Gimme a frigging break - the better team won, but the perpetual gloating by Pats fan when they win and whining when they're behind is just pathetic. Being gracious winners and good sports seems to be beyond them, at least locally.

I'm just happy that MY team (Bills) finally reached 0.500 after the frigging trainwreck that the season began with...
THE BIBLE - Because all the works of all the science cannot equal the wisdom of cattle-sacrificing primitives who thought every animal species in the world lived within walking distance of Noah's house.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Th wrote:
mvscal wrote:Hard to cheat against a team with an offensive coordinator under center.

The Colts were outplayed and beat in their own house.

They weren't outplayed...give them a little credit. Your boy Brady made some big throws down the stretch and pulled it out. This was definitely the Pats toughest test and I don't think there is much seperation between these two teams. I don't think there is anyone else close to the Pats and Colts right now...we saw the two best teams in the NFL square off today.