Mile-Hi T
Elwood

World series....you call it

Post by Mile-Hi T »

I am a complete homer but.....Rox in 5
Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

No you aren't. A complete homer has the hottest team winning in 4. I'd like to see a Sox celebration at Fenway, so I'll go Sox in 6
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

Rockies in 6 (MVP: Holliday)

For the three games in Denver, the Sox will have the pitcher in the lineup in place of Ortiz, Youkilis or Lowell (since Youkilis can play third)...big edge for the Rockies there. Schilling has been fortunate to get run support in his starts...really has had to be great. The only starter I have faith in with Boston is Beckett and I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox two wins in this series come when he's on the mound. It's pretty much a wash for the rest of the rotation and Francis is capable of winning at least one of those starts against Beckett.
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

I say the Cows split in Bahhstahn & wrap it up @ home

Cows in 6
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Rockies in 7
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

We are talking about a National League team. It's a great story, but the level of competition in that league is not even close. I mean the NLCS was the Rox and D-Backs?? Neither one of these teams sniffs the playoffs if they play in the AL.

Sox in 5
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

I'll take the Sox in 6.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Shoalzie wrote:Rockies in 6
In.
MgoBlue-LightSpecial
Eternal Scobode

Post by MgoBlue-LightSpecial »

Neely8 wrote:We are talking about a National League team. It's a great story, but the level of competition in that league is not even close.
The Rockies played both the Yankees and Red Sox in interleague play and went 5-1. And the only game they lost was by 1 run.

Jackass.
Last edited by MgoBlue-LightSpecial on Thu Oct 25, 2007 12:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

If the Rockies take game 1 from Beckett Coors Field will be full of brooms on Sunday, come Monday evening the LODO parade will be scheduled!
If they lose tonight, Rockies win it in 7
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I just want to rack the performance of the National Anthem. That did not suck.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

War Wagon wrote:I just want to rack the performance of the National Anthem. That did not suck.

Good call...that was a very classy rendition of the anthem.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Mace wrote:
Neely8 wrote:We are talking about a National League team. It's a great story, but the level of competition in that league is not even close. I mean the NLCS was the Rox and D-Backs?? Neither one of these teams sniffs the playoffs if they play in the AL.

Sox in 5
Yeah, we've heard that shit before.

Sin,

2006 St. Louis Cardinals
Dude, you are MUCH brighter than that. You know that was a fluke. You can rest on the fact that it happened but you know the Cards weren't near the team the Tigers were. It happens sometimes. Ask Jim Valvano and Rollie. The Rocks have been a fantastic story and I have cheered for them and enjoyed them as much as the next guy. But it was against the NL. Pffft. You saw last night what happened when they faced a real pro baseball team. And spare me the interleague b.s. This ain't regular season interleague play now. The Rox already ran their best starter out there. Now what? :lol: Neely is a first rate moron. No question. But he is right here. The D'backs and Rox don't sniff .500 in the AL.
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

rozy,

Please say you aren't that dumb. Please say you are trolling.

You're calling a 4 game sweep a fluke? Yeahhhhhh.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

IndyFrisco wrote:rozy,

Sometimes that shit happens. See the 1990 Cincinnati Reds.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Dude, you know Detwat was better. St. Louey won that series on luck and experience and one hot pitcher in Suppan. Combined of course with some interesting bunt defense on the part of the Tigers... The number of games it took was really irrelevant.

How's that whole NL thing workin' out btw? Like Dice-K's 2 RBI hit? Pretty cool. :lol:
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

rozy wrote:

Dude, you know Detwat was better. St. Louey won that series on luck and experience and one hot pitcher in Suppan. Combined of course with some interesting bunt defense on the part of the Tigers... The number of games it took was really irrelevant.

As pissed as I am about last year, I won't use the word 'fluke' for the Cardinals winning last year. The postseason is all about just getting there and riding the wave of momentum. The last 4 postseasons have been won by teams that carried momentum into the World Series and took care of business in 4 or 5 games. Like the Tigers last year, the Rockies won their LCS series quickly but were unfortunate to have the long lay off to allow them cool down. A true champion wouldn't use that as an excuse to lose. If you underachieve and make mistakes when the big prize is on the line, then you deserve what is coming to you.
smackaholic
Walrus Team 6

Post by smackaholic »

rack phil bailey's 7th inning performance. best

damn falsetto colored boy, evah.
mvscal wrote:The only precious metals in a SHTF scenario are lead and brass.