Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Pats V Chargers

Post by Neely8 »

Quite simply....

Pats 24
Dolts 10

Sig bet for the entire season being thrown out. Any Charger takers?
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

If I were in the Chargers front office, I would make damn sure that the Pats weren't also listening in to the radio conversations between the QB and offensive coordinator.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Todd, I think folks in here all well aware of your position on the Patriots camera situation by now. If not, I'm sure they'll eventually stumble on one of your 47 posts on this topic.

If you have nothing else to add, feel free to start up as many Patriot threads as you can muster up in Cul de Smack, or TROTS would be an excellent choice, as well.

Do all of us a favor, though, and give it a rest in here.

TIA
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Toddowen wrote:
orcinus wrote:Todd, I think folks in here all well aware of your position on the Patriots camera situation by now. If not, I'm sure they'll eventually stumble on one of your 47 posts on this topic.

If you have nothing else to add, feel free to start up as many Patriot threads as you can muster up in Cul de Smack, or TROTS would be an excellent choice, as well.

Do all of us a favor, though, and give it a rest in here.

TIA
Well....you know what? I'm not aware of just exactly who the fuck you are, or who you think you are, and don't really care.

I'm going to to blast Chowd nation with the black sperm of my revenge every chance I get and offer no thanks to you.
Orcinus for all practical purposes is the Judge, the Jury, and the EXECUTIONER in this here forum. Keep up what he told you NOT TO do, and I'm more than sure that you're going to find this out the hard way. I speak from experience. Don't say I didn't warn you.
mvscal wrote:What's up with the universal tardation in KC? Is it genetic? Environmental contamination? I'm honestly curious.

Beliscum is ordering out his minions to steal signs from opposing teams (an action that compromises the integrity of the game, btw) and were supposed to just "give it a rest"?!? Are you fucking high?

Not gonna happen.
Orc simply asked TARDowen to stop starting 59 different threads about the Patsies' recent transgressions....he didn't tell him NOT to talk about it. Feel free to apologize for the drivel you spewed above any time.
T1B- THE place to be for fun, informative sports talk....or NOT:
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

I'm going to to blast Chowd nation with the black sperm of my revenge every chance I get...
Nice.

Revenge for what exactly, Todd?

You just seem to be a big ball of hate anymore. What gives?
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

This is NOT a week that I would bet on the Patriots. Whats the +/- on Steriod Merriman busting out with the 'seizure' dance on the Flying Elvis at midfield though?
Go Patriots! ! ! !
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

mvscal wrote:Shouldn't you be out ripping takes? Waddle along, Tubby.
Eat a dick 420scal....and don't worry about the C&P gig.
Wet-Brained Fucktard wrote:I know we here like to talk shit and we do tend to get, how you say, immature at times. At some points, the banter on a board like this can be somewhat childish. It happens.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

I wish New England’s Secret Cheating Weapon could have gone on for just one more week! Oh Well, hopefully they’re good enough to beat SD at home without it.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Neely, i'll be you're Huckleberry (How's that, Paul, for using an old and worn out cliche'), sig for the duration of the regular season, your on.

I'm not making any predictions of a beatdown, like the last time the Chargers traveled to New England, but I gotta homer for my team. It's not gonna be easy for either side, should be a hellavu game no matter the outcome.

As for JFFL this week, you are fucking toast. :lol:
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Psssst....DP.....Its "I'm your Huckleberry...."

"Fight's not with You....Holiday...."

"I beg to differ....Fight for Blood...."

Fvck PATRIOTGate.

oh yeah-->TARDowen....orcinus has a Bigger "X" than Felix or I...

Moose out front should've told'ya.
FATALFART
Jake

Post by FATALFART »

what a distraction this week has been for the pats so far.
atomicdad
Eternal Scobode

Post by atomicdad »

Dammit Q, I'm not GAY.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote:
(an action that compromises the integrity of the game, btw)
if you labor under the impression that every coach in the NFL doesn't do the same exact thing, you're seriously fucking delusional......

oh noes, the "integrity" of a steroid/stripper/dog fighting fueled league is at stake here......

good one :meds:
get out, get out while there's still time
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Felix wrote:if you labor under the impression that every coach in the NFL doesn't do the same exact thing, you're seriously fucking delusional......

oh noes, the "integrity" of a steroid/stripper/dog fighting fueled league is at stake here......

Saying "everyone else is doing it too" is the kind of defense you expect from a six year old. Got anything above the 6th grade level to bring to the table?
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

BSmack wrote:
Saying "everyone else is doing it too" is the kind of defense you expect from a six year old. Got anything above the 6th grade level to bring to the table?
well, if I was trying to "defend" the Gaytriots you'd have a point...

apparently you've forgotten I'm a Houston fan.....

go Texans.....

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:every coach in the NFL does the same exact thing,
Link?
sure thing....

http://www.ibelieveinsantaclaus.com
Neely8
2016 JAFFL Champ

Post by Neely8 »

Toddowen wrote:
RevLimiter wrote: Orc simply asked TARDowen to stop starting 59 different threads about the Patsies' recent transgressions....he didn't tell him NOT to talk about it. Feel free to apologize for the drivel you spewed above any time.

What threads have I started about the Pats?

I already know the answer, but I'm asking any of you to find these "threads".

I do have my theory on why Orc wants to flex his blubber, though: Neely probably whined to him that I was bothering him and he wants to "move along" from this unfortunate smeer upon the Patriots good name.

Well, he's going to continue to be bothered. This isn't something that the residents of MassaCHEATsetts are going to sweep under the rug...like Teddy K and Chappaquidick.

When you fuck with the NATIONAL football league, you have more to own up to than just your retarded home state constituancy.

We're not going to let this slide. In fact, I'll bet that stealing signals could very well have been the deciding factor in last seasons Pats win over the Chargers in the playoffs.

I did nothing of the sort and the other party you are accusing knows very well this is true. I think Orcs reputation on these boards is well known. What say you Orc?

As for the Patriots and the situation they find themselves in I can honestly say that they deserve every comment and punishment that is levied against them. Not trying to hide anything here. I am disgusted with the actions of my team. As a fan of the Patriots I am embarassed. I feel they owe NFL fans of all teams an apology. Whether the league decides to take picks, fine, or even suspend is up to them and I support the harshest penalty they feel is necessary.

Most teams try to gain a competitive advantage. Do I have evidence? Not like what they have on the Patriots evidence no. Do I listen to soundbites of coaches like Bill Parcells and others who say it happens? Absolutely. This is not to excuse the actions of the Patriots. There are no excuses. As a fan of the Patriots I apologize to all of the fans of other teams. I am disgusted that the team I root for has forced me to write that sentence.......
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

mvscal wrote: So you're just talking out your ass then. That's what I thought.
why do you suppose the offesive play calling coaches cover their faces when relaying a play to their QB....

even when said team is NOT PLAYING the Patsies.....

every team does it, NE just got caught....

I'm not saying it's right, I'm saying it's commonplace
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I am not defending what the Pats did. They SHOULD be reprimanded and Goodell is the guy to do it. However, I don't need to provide a fucking link that is pretty much common knowledge behind the walls of the other 31 coaches offices.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Toddowen wrote: I do have my theory on why Orc wants to flex his blubber, though: Neely probably whined to him that I was bothering him and he wants to "move along" from this unfortunate smeer upon the Patriots good name.
No flexin' here, and nobody's whining ... this isn't even an admin thing. Just a simple request from one poster to another to honor the guidelines we've all tried to follow here for years.

I have no problems with your opinions on the Patriots, and you're free to go at the Pat contingent here with reckless abandon, right up to the point where you're littering the forum with ankle-biting responses every time Neels, Th or Cueball posts one of theirs in other threads.

Sure, it's a smack board, but we're also a bit more respectful here in the sports forums than the free-for-all atmosphere of CDS.

Everyone loves a good pile-on and this certainly qualifies. I'm just asking you keep your vitriol contained within the appropriate threads.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Felix wrote:
why do you suppose the offesive play calling coaches cover their faces when relaying a play to their QB....

Whoever is calling offensive signals from the sideline has radio contact with the QB, so they cover their mouth to negate lip-reading. The defense doesn’t have radio contact, hence, they use hand signals. They can’t cover up their signals or their own defense couldn’t see them.

No proof at all that what the Patriots were doing is commonplace.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
Cuda
IKYABWAI

Post by Cuda »

If the bolts don't play a HELL of a lot better against NE than they did against Chicago then they're in deep shit. Prediction: they're in deep shit.

The Patriots can score pretty much at will- and they're going to will it a lot this week.

Before Boltfan dislocates his shoulder joint patting himself on the back for the way the Bolts shut down the Bears, just consider the fact that the Chargers could have pulled their defense off the field entirely and the Bears offense still would end up turning the ball over on downs.
WacoFan wrote:Flying any airplane that you can hear the radio over the roaring radial engine is just ghey anyway.... Of course, Cirri are the Miata of airplanes..
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

With Moss added to the arsenal the Pats should be able to beat the Bolt secondary like the proverbial rented mule. Wes Welker will likely come back to haunt the Bolts as well. Unless Cottrell decides to unleash an all out attack on Brady on virtually every play he'll shread the hell out us.

Pats..27
Bolts.24

If our Defense can get a rush on Brady...

Bolts..34
Pats...21
JIP said...Hell, Michael Sam has more integrity than you do.

Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

This adds a new dimension to the already hyped game for Sunday night. I see LT couldnt stay out of the fray running his mouth at the Pats, perhaps deservedly so. I wonder how the Patriots will respond to all the controversy. Either the team will buckle up and play a hard nosed close game like the divisional game or the will get run right out of their own stadium. On paper these teams are fairly closely matched it seems. Too bad all the drama and distractions around the game are for all the wrong reasons, at least for the Pats.

Patriots 28

Chargers 27
Go Patriots! ! ! !
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Goober McTuber wrote: Whoever is calling offensive signals from the sideline has radio contact with the QB, so they cover their mouth to negate lip-reading.

The defense doesn’t have radio contact, hence, they use hand signals. They can’t cover up their signals or their own defense couldn’t see them.

So in the first sentence you say "to negate lip reading" (which is cheating)

then you say the defenses use hand signals that they can't cover up (again, implied cheating) and using these two sentences you expect me to take a giant leap of faith that there's no evidence of wide spread cheating.....

let me guess....you failed "Logic 101"
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

mvscal wrote:
Felix wrote:every coach in the NFL does the same exact thing,
Link?
Here's a link to an article from 2002 where even 'Master Splinter Shanahan' admitted to sign stealing. Again, not defending what the Patriots did as right, just saying that none of this is new.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside ... of_reilly/

Master Splinter 2002 wrote:It's no rumor, pal. "Our guy keeps a pair of binoculars on their signal-callers every game," says Broncos coach Mike Shanahan. "With any luck, we have their defensive signals figured out by halftime. Sometimes, by the end of the first quarter."
Go Patriots! ! ! !
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

Goober McTuber wrote:
Felix wrote:

Whoever is calling offensive signals from the sideline has radio contact with the QB, so they cover their mouth to negate lip-reading. The defense doesn’t have radio contact, hence, they use hand signals. They can’t cover up their signals or their own defense couldn’t see them.

In terms of video taping? Perhaps. But why, during the Eagles/Packers game on Sunday did the Eagles have 2 players holding towels around the defensive coach who was sending in signals to the defense? They were obviously trying to block a certain angle....
upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

BSmack wrote:
Felix wrote:if you labor under the impression that every coach in the NFL doesn't do the same exact thing, you're seriously fucking delusional......

Wrong.

Saying "everyone else is doing it too" is the kind of defense I've been hearing from libbys for over 20 years.

The teams that don't do it are seriously fucking delusional and will never sniff a ring,no matter how much they cry to to put rules in place because they don't
have the brains to do whats needed to win.
Three time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

upstart wrote:
BSmack wrote:

Wrong.

Saying "everyone else is doing it too" is the kind of defense I've been hearing from libbys for over 20 years.

The teams that don't do it are seriously fucking delusional and will never sniff a ring,no matter how much they cry to to put rules in place because they don't
have the brains to do whats needed to win.

If every team is doing it, I’m sure we will be seeing more and more photos like this one of different teams…right?
Until then I’m not going to believe a single team other than NE has done it let alone the entire NFL!
upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

Don't be a drama queen.

Cracking the other guy's signals has been part of football for decades.

Do you legislate just because someone is good at something?
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

If they were good at it would we have that picture plastered all over the Internet?
Seriously Bro, it’s not good for football!
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

upstart wrote:Don't be a drama queen.

Rack this case bringing the tards out of the woodwork.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

trev wrote:

upstart's cool he's just stiring the shit!
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

Felix wrote:
Goober McTuber wrote: Whoever is calling offensive signals from the sideline has radio contact with the QB, so they cover their mouth to negate lip-reading.

The defense doesn’t have radio contact, hence, they use hand signals. They can’t cover up their signals or their own defense couldn’t see them.

So in the first sentence you say "to negate lip reading" (which is cheating)

then you say the defenses use hand signals that they can't cover up (again, implied cheating) and using these two sentences you expect me to take a giant leap of faith that there's no evidence of wide spread cheating.....

let me guess....you failed "Logic 101"

Yeah, you're still an idiot.
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

godzilla2002 wrote:
trev wrote:

He needs to add a big asterick to his sig.

:wink:

Damn, I doubt he'll be back tonight. He's probably passed out.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

Yep, too bad he will miss what the NFL is going to hand out to his team
upstart
Elwood

Post by upstart »

trev wrote:
godzilla2002 wrote:
trev wrote: Rack this case bringing the tards out of the woodwork.

You are a moron...

1. It's been done through the history of the league.

2. It's impossible to stop.

3. The only reason why a rule was put into place is because the other teams didn't think of it as well.
godzilla2002
2011 NFL Best Bet Champ

Post by godzilla2002 »

upstart wrote:The only reason why a rule was put into place is because the other teams didn't think of it as well.
It's a football game, not a who can cheat the best game!
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

upstart wrote:
trev wrote:
godzilla2002 wrote: upstart's cool he's just stiring the shit!

You are a moron...

1. It's been done through the history of the league.

2. It's impossible to stop.

3. The only reason why a rule was put into place is because the other teams didn't think of it as well.
Thanks for proving that you're 13 years old....now get back to your regularly scheduled viewing of Spongebob Squarepants.
Th
PAT FAN

Post by Th »

godzilla2002 wrote:
upstart wrote:The only reason why a rule was put into place is because the other teams didn't think of it as well.
It's a football game, not a who can cheat the best game!

I agree in full but that begs the question about the asterisks. If you are all going to insinuate that the Patriots' Lombardis deserve them then how about other teams? Take for example the ones Elway won in the era while the Broncos were cheating the cap. Having a larger salary cap then the rest of the league certainly was cheating and a 'competative advantage' during that period right? How about a couple *s for the Donks too then?
Go Patriots! ! ! !
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

In