Fontucky

Please donate to the War Wagon memorial A/C fund.

Moderator: War Wagon

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Fontucky

Post by War Wagon »

It will be interesting to see how the new rule impounding the cars after qualifying plays out. My guess is that those cars that were set-up to qualify well won't be set-up well for long runs.

I sure as hell don't expect to see the likes of Kyle Busch, Brian Vickers, Jeremy Mayfield, etc... to be running up front past the halfway point of this race.

The cream always rises to the top and the scrubs will sink to the back of the pack.

At least that's the way it has worked in the past, but this new rule may change some of that line of thinking.
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Yep, the cream will rise.

Which means the 48 or the 9 will visit the Winner's Circle.

As to rules changes, the lower spoiler and new tires put a lot of racing back into the driver's hands.

What does that mean? Watch out for Tony Stewart this year. The drivers with the most talent and best pit times will dominate this year. Like it should be. And there are going to be a LOT more cautions when the hard drivers like Biffle and Rusty continue to lose the rear ends of their cars.

They will all be o.k. on easy tracks like this one and Vegas next week. And then the fun starts...
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

The pre-race coverage seems just a bit too long today...drop the damn green flag already
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Re: Fontucky

Post by Atomic Punk »

War Wagon wrote: It will be interesting to see how the new rule impounding the cars after qualifying plays out. My guess is that those cars that were set-up to qualify well won't be set-up well for long runs.
I would agree on a super speedway but am not so sure with this 2 mile track that is supposed to be driver friendly.
War Wagon wrote: I sure as hell don't expect to see the likes of Kyle Busch, Brian Vickers, Jeremy Mayfield, etc... to be running up front past the halfway point of this race.
Waltrip's fired crew chief Slugger Labbee is now Jeremy's crew chief. It will be interesting to see how that switch works out.
BSmack wrote:Best. AP take. Ever.

Seriously. I don't disagree with a word of it.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Re: Fontucky

Post by BSmack »

War Wagon wrote:The cream always rises to the top and the scrubs will sink to the back of the pack.
Jeff Gordon has made up 10+ spots and is closing in on the top 10. Meanwhile, Jr is near dead last and can't keep a front left tire on the ride. I'd have to agree with that assesment. :wink:
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Yep. :x :cry:

I don't know what it is about that track, but Jr. always sucks there.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

rozy wrote:Yep, the cream will rise.

You better be homering for the 48. :lol:

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Atomic Punk wrote:
rozy wrote:Yep, the cream will rise.

You better be homering for the 48. :lol:
More like the #29.

Yes!
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

The 29 better hope he doesn't blow a tire.

Or an engine.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

The guy's who didn't pit for tires during that last caution with 30+ laps left will get their doors blown off by the guys who did.
I hate sigs. But I lost a stupid fucking bet because a KC Paul lookalike and his sorry ass team were inferior to the greatness that is the Pittsburg Steelers.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Hendrick engines aren't looking very good. Gordon will be luck to finish on the lead lap. :roll:

BTW: Remind me to never again take Michael Waltrip for this pool. I'd rather be able to enjoy the failures of DEI.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

War Wagon wrote:The guy's who didn't pit for tires during that last caution with 30+ laps left will get their doors blown off by the guys who did.
Or not. :oops:
packwin13
Elwood

Post by packwin13 »

Shit, back-to-back top 20 lead laps finishes for Petty....I'm still in shock
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

BSmack wrote: BTW: Remind me to never again take Michael Waltrip for this pool. I'd rather be able to enjoy the failures of DEI.
Michael is getting released from DEI after this year and I hope he gets picked up by a good team. How the fuck does this same thing happen two weeks in a row?

Mikey having another bad engine and Jr having a cut tire problem and they are not able to fix it sez something is seriously wrong at DEI.

DW said he thought Jr's camber was turned in too much and that was causing the problem. Yes, but don't listen to DW, it's not like he hasn't won a shitload of races with Jr Johnson or anything. :roll:

Cueball
2010 JAFFL Czar

Post by Cueball »

I'm new to this thing so I might be way off on this one. How many wins did Waltrip have before he got the DEI ride?
rozy
Cowboy

Post by rozy »

Cueball wrote:I'm new to this thing so I might be way off on this one. How many wins did Waltrip have before he got the DEI ride?
The shape of a goose.....egg
John Boehner wrote:Boehner said. "In Congress, we have a red button, a green button and a yellow button, alright. Green means 'yes,' red means 'no,' and yellow means you're a chicken shit. And the last thing we need in the White House, in the oval office, behind that big desk, is some chicken who wants to push this yellow button.
jackass007
Elwood

Post by jackass007 »

he won a Winston once. I know that don't count
trev
New Sheriff in Town

Post by trev »

Biffle??

Greg Biffle??

Well, okay. Congrats to him on the win.

I thought it was a good race. The engine and tire problems were
pretty exciting. The end of the race was G for Great.

9 out of 10.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

I hate NASCAR, but I figured I'd come in and see how badly it hurts the rednecks that two Portland-area dudes took 1st and 12th in your redneck "sport."

BURN!!!!
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

It's amazing that Greg Biffle being from Portland looks like he's from the backwoods of West Virginia. You would think Portland had dentists.

War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Dinsdale wrote:I hate NASCAR, but I figured I'd come in and see how badly it hurts the rednecks that two Portland-area dudes took 1st and 12th in your redneck "sport."

BURN!!!!
Din's, we rednecks don't care where a driver comes from. There are rednecks from all over.

For instance, I'm a big time Harvick fan, who happens to be from Bakersfield, CA. and drives for Richard Childress.

Doesn't bother me a bit that a redneck from Portland won.

It does bother me that he drives a Ford for Roush racing, and him and Harvick hate each other's guts due to some incidents years ago in the Busch series.

So, being the unabashed homer that I am, I have to unequivocally state that Greg Biffle sucks tailpipes.

Hope that clears things up.
Atomic Punk
antagonist

Post by Atomic Punk »

War Wagon wrote:
For instance, I'm a big time Harvick fan, who happens to be from Bakersfield, CA. and drives for Richard Childress.
#41 Casey Mears is from there also.