OU recruit shot and killed.

Fuck Jim Delany

Moderators: 88BuckeyeGrad, Left Seater, buckeye_in_sc

Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

Wow, this is horrible, my condolances to all the Sooner nation.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Frozen, I've been spending the last month in "Oakland" and this place makes "South Central" look like a "lilly white" suburb.

I hear about a couple of gun shots deaths here every night(which doesn't count the shots I hear all night long and what really happened that is never talked about)... and I'm just wondering if the "kid" was of quality character, or just another kid that OU would take that other programs would pass on.

I can tell you from experience, that 99% of the kids that get "whacked"... had something to do with what happened to them.

Tell me more about the "kid" before I give a shit about a possible "thug" that had it coming.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Believe the Heupel wrote: In the interest of defending the late Mr. Mitchell, he had an offer from Baylor and a reported 1230 SAT, so he's at least kind of smart and kept his nose reasonably clean.
Ummmm, one of my best friends in high school ended up going to NYU and was one of the biggest heads I've ever known.

Believe me... intelligence and keeping your "nose" clean have nothing to do with one other.
Believe the Heupel wrote:Other than that, I don't know a thing about him or who he hung out with.
That's basically all I asked... so you don't really know if he was a "punk" yet you feel for him? Great.
Believe the Heupel wrote: I'm simply sad that a teenager with a promising future had his life cut short.
Pssst.... Shit like this happens every day outside of "lilly white" Alaska.... and it seems people only give a shit when it effects their "team" or their interests in general.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

my condolences as well, not so much to sooner nation but to the kids family up in oakland, that area is rougher than ever and it would have been great for that kid to get out of there and away from that madness.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

M2:

one of the key features of argument by anecdotal evidence is that the locutor possess what in rhetorical terms is called ethos. in order for argument from anecdote to be persuasive the character of the speaker is taken into account by the audience. nor does argument from anecdote by necessity establish proof of the general by means of individual circumstances.

for someone so concerned about the kid and the incident not be trivialized fan interest, you certainly make a good (and utterly hypocritical) case for using the incident to take a shot at fan rooting interest at the expense of the kid you are so concerned about in the alleged first place.
Last edited by King Crimson on Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

The shooting happened in Houston.

The story in the paper here said they were questioning two suspects, including the shooter. At least a witness came forward. This "no snitching" crap (don't talk to the cops to keep yo cred bullshit) has been in the news lately.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

I only have 2nd hand info, I haven't seen any offical reports but evidently the kid got into a fist fight the kid who lost went and got a gun and waited for him to go to practice and shot him several times with a rifle.

I used to fight all the time as a kid, sometimes I won, sometimes I lost, but no one got killed.

This is about as senseless as it gets, a life is lost and a family is destroyed by such a stupid thing.
M Club wrote:I've seen Phantom Holding Calls ruin a 7-5 team's undefeated season.
Jobocky
Elwood

Post by Jobocky »

White kid?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Jobocky wrote:White kid?
Does it matter?
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Jsc810 wrote: You don't actually expect him to be able to follow any of that, do you?
well, he went to Cal for a semester or whatever....he probably shits dactylic hexameters of Homeric prose and urinates lines of Heidegger in cursive in the snow at Squaw Valley on demand.
Jobocky
Elwood

Post by Jobocky »

RadioFan wrote:
Jobocky wrote:White kid?
Does it matter?
Just sayin' ......... I'm sure everyone that read this pictured a black kid getting gunned down, right? NO it doesn't matter
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

Vito Corleone wrote:I only have 2nd hand info,
Sounds "par for the course". Other than everyone seems to have his SAT scores and such.

Vito Corleone wrote:I haven't seen any offical reports
Yeah... we got that point in your first sentence.
Vito Corleone wrote:the kid got into a fist fight
Naw... he wasn't a "thug"...
Vito Corleone wrote:the kid who lost went and got a gun
Rinse and repeat.

Nice "character" recruit OU.

In "The City" we call this kinda' kid... a PUNK.
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Fucking kids today suck.
I agree. Very sad.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
Vito Corleone
Eternal Scobode

Post by Vito Corleone »

It is also par for the course for Kal guy to throw a dead kid under the bus with no other information than he got in a fight.

Do you know why he got in a fight?
Do you have some information that lends to your judgement that he was a thug, I got into fights I guess I'm a thug also.

Par for the course when coming from a liberal POS school like Kal. I still have yet to meet anyone from Berkley that I didn't want to punch in the mouth.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

then my condolences to the kids family and friends back in Houston.
Killian
Good crossing pattern target

Post by Killian »

M2,

Slow your roll with this one. We all understand that hair pulling is the only way you know how to post, but cut it out in this instance.

Doing that shit about a team is one thing. Saying it about a kid who just died is completely different.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

I'm just going on the information that's been given to me. The kid sounds like a freakin' thug.

When was the last time you got into a "fist fight" as an adult? This guy isn't 10 years old. If he's about to enter into.. as we would call "an adult atmosphere"(college) and he's still getting into fist fights and doesn't have the skills to avoid these kind of confrontations, then he's a PUNK!

Plain and simple.

When was the last time you couldn't control your anger and started to kick the shit out of someone because they pissed you off? Sure there is the "rare" instance where it can't be avoided, but, those fall into the 1% tile in everyone's lives. If everyone got into a fight because someone pissed them off... the whole country would be getting into fist fights on the street everyday!!!

Then the kid who he gets into a confrontation with pulls out a "gun"????

I know most of you live in a "lilly white" suburb somewhere and have absolutely know idea how things go down in a city.... (I lived in Houston for 15 years) where the kid allegedly came from. This kinda' guy doesn't usually make it out of his teens in the city. If this were the case... 90% of the kids in college football wouldn't even be alive to play college football.

Psst... most of these kids in college football come from a city and not some cornfield in Indiana.

If this guy would have walked away from the confrontation as most of us would do in "society", he would still be alive today.

Have any of you thought for even one second... this guy may have had what was coming too him?

Or do all of you think he was some kinda' "angel" that was in the wrong place at the wrong time?

Just when I think nobody can be this naive.... college football fan comes running in!
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

that post makes no sense at all.

you are the one who comes across as "lily" white with your open, all-inclusive condemnation of "thugs" and "this kind of kid". you know nothing about this case, but that doesn't stop you from insulting everyone else in the name of making some incomprehensible point that has already been expressed a brazilian times in your "fly-over" country material. why not post some massive jpgs of the Bay, the bridge, Mount Tamalpais, some fat coeds and Strawberry Canyon and call it your Uber-post.

wow, you lived in Houston....you ARE street.
Blueblood
Ren Fairy

Post by Blueblood »

The guy's a PUNK!

It's funny... OU fan keeps coming in with nothing.

Please, tell me something about this "angel" of a guy. I'm still waiting to hear about this saint.
socal
Prepare to qualify!

Post by socal »

King Crimson wrote:wow, you lived in Houston....you ARE street.
Van wrote:Kumbaya, asshats.
R-Jack wrote:
Atomic Punk wrote:So why did you post it?
Yes, that just happened.
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

well, he is in Oakland. as we've all learned.....

can we lose that guy? he brings nothing to the board except homer posts and the lamest moralizing bullshit...in which he uses "his experience" to theorize the world and lives of others with great "glass" blowing authority.

or: when is it my turn to be the M2 troll?
Danimal
Eternal Scobode

Post by Danimal »

Just because the kid isn't a freaking choirboy and got in brawl doesn't mean he deserves some scumbag ventilating him. Plus we don't know the details of the brawl, walking-away may have been easier said than done.

It is possible this kid was a thug, a fair amount of drive-by victims are no-better than the guy that shot them. But it is also quite possible he is just a fairly average kid that pissed the wrong person off. Assuming the worst because kid got in a fist-fight is bullshit, plenty of high-schoolers have got into fights without being menaces to society.

You gonna bark all day little doggie or are you gonna bite?
Harvdog
Eternal Scobode

Post by Harvdog »

I guess M2 never got into a fight. Getting your ass kicked is not getting into a fight. Being a THUG and getting your ass kicked are 2 different animals. Dude lost and got a gun and blew the other kid away. Bitch move. M2????
Bucmonkey
2011 CFB Bowl Pic Champ

Post by Bucmonkey »

Post more please Danimal.
Go Bucs, Gators
Killian

Post by Killian »

M2 is taking a breather for the next few days.

There isn't a lot that sets me off. Don't drop racial smack, "tard" smack or say an 18 year old kid deserves to get to get the Denzel treatment at the end of Training Day.
"Well, my wife assassinated my sexual identity, and my children are eating my dreams." -Louis CK
Adelpiero
Eternal Scobode

Post by Adelpiero »

Harvdog wrote:I guess M2 never got into a fight. Getting your ass kicked is not getting into a fight. Being a THUG and getting your ass kicked are 2 different animals. Dude lost and got a gun and blew the other kid away. Bitch move. M2????
M2ool has, but when he wields a mace +4(+5 vs undead, +2 vs enchanted), noone would have a chance, he knows no fear.
SoCalTrjn
2007 CFB Board Bitch

Post by SoCalTrjn »

according to the law, 18 is an adult. As for getting in fights, I think the last one I got in to was at 24 or so, doesnt make nme a thug.

As for the man in question, we dont know what sort of affiliations he or the shooter had, we dont know what the fight was about, if he jumped some kid and was being a bully and the kid retaliated or what. You cant judge the man in question until you know the facts, until then, Im holding judgement
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

This kid went to Westfield high-school which was the rival school of where I went in the Spring Independent School District. Westfield resides just off a major northern road numbered FM 1960. The south side of 1960 in that area is mostly middle-low income apartments and low income housing. The north side of 1960 of that area is middle-upper and upper class neighborhoods with gated communities and teens driving shiny new beamers.

Back in high school, we got into a few brawls with the rich kids after basketball games between our school (Spring High) and Westfield. We NEVER got into it with the kids who lived on the south side of 1960 because you would get your ass killed by those thugs. My older brother had a knife pulled on him at a football game between our two schools because he sat on Westfield's side in the thug area of the student section. He was crazy like that. Now, if it was that dangerous to mess with those kids over 11+ years ago, I am sure that area is much worse today because of the area being more worn down and the influx of Louisiana teens moving here because of Katrina.

It was reported that Mitchell was fighting with a kid from Louisiana in a low-income apartment complex just before the kid went and grabbed a gun and shot Mitchell to death. Thug or not, its hard to avoid trouble in that particular area because there is "gangsta" activity up and down the south side of 1960. It’s a damn shame this kid lost his life. I really hate this for someone with such a promising future to get out of the ghetto.

Westfield high's football team is ranked #2 in the Houston area before the season starts. Their defense is one of the best in the state. To lose their All-District linebacker is just a tragic and sad event. Hopefully Westfield can persevere and remain as one of the top teams in the state. We'll see.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
Westfield high's football team is ranked #2 in the Houston area before the season starts. Their defense is one of the best in the state. To lose their All-District linebacker is just a tragic and sad event. Hopefully Westfield can persevere and remain as one of the top teams in the state. We'll see.
It's neither sad nor tragic for a football team to lose a player. It's unfortunate, yes, but sports teams don't suffer tragedies in this manner. Families suffer tragedies. Communities suffer tragedies. Football teams simply shuffle names on the depth chart and move on.

While you've come at it from a different angle and with considerably less bite, your statement is no less callous than M2's.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

orcinus wrote:While you've come at it from a different angle and with considerably less bite, your statement is no less callous than M2's.
How so? I think this is tragic on many levels; even for the football team. Remember, these are kids. Sure, I didn't explain that in my original statement, but I felt the content of everything I said wasn't necessarily heartless. I was just explaining the demographics of the area Herman Mitchell lived in and how bad it is. Sometimes its tough just avoiding trouble in an area where you are surrounded by it. I, for one, know exactly what his family and friends are going through right now and I am saddened by what has happened.

M2 is just an idiot.
Last edited by RumpleForeskin on Mon Aug 27, 2007 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

I'm not comparing you to M2, nor am I calling you an idiot.

I'm referring to a specific statement, submitted from your end, and drawing a comparison.

The quoted statment expressed lament for a football program's depth chart and state ranking impact. It was cold, callous and generally dismissive of Herman Mitchell as a person.

Regardless of your intent and follow-up explanations, the words in the original post don't change.

M2 had a point with his original statement (however unpopular and educated it might have been at the time). Unfortunately, he chose to pursue it through his usual tiresome trolling efforts.

Bottom line ... If that's not your opinion, then it was a poor choice of words on your part.
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Re:

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

rhymenocerous wrote:It's neither sad nor tragic for a football team to lose a player. It's unfortunate, yes, but sports teams don't suffer tragedies in this manner. Families suffer tragedies. Communities suffer tragedies. Football teams simply shuffle names on the depth chart and move on.

While you've come at it from a different angle and with considerably less bite, your statement is no less callous than M2's.
Are you under the impression it's not possible for football players to feel a part of a family, don't have any friends on the team, and that his teammates won't miss this person beyond his on-field contributions? Sure, that was not Coog's point, but your "take" was just as callous as his, if not more. His was done out of ignorance. You supposedly took a long hard look at the situation from a different angle before responding. "Such and such just got croaked. Who's next on the depth chart? Nothing to see here. Move along boys." Perhaps there's yet another perspective in play here. Wanna try again?
Mr T
Riverboat Gambler

Re:

Post by Mr T »

Danimal wrote:Image
Best argument made in this thread
TheJON wrote:What does the winner get? Because if it's a handjob from Frisco, I'd like to campaign for my victory.
buckeye_in_sc
Eternal Scobode

Re: OU recruit shot and killed.

Post by buckeye_in_sc »

Prayers to the OU family and the kids family...

yes kids today are the suck...unreal...
indyfrisco
Pro Bonfire

Post by indyfrisco »

Believe the Heupel wrote:I'd like to point out that .m2 is cool with a kid getting shot and killed, but if a kid showboats into the endzone and gives himself a concussion as a result, he gets all weepy.
:lol:

Nice bump.
Goober McTuber wrote:One last post...
Left Seater
36,000 ft above the chaos

Post by Left Seater »

Re: Ummm, ND...
by .m2 » 08 Nov 2009 09:40 pm

It's good seeing ND fail once again.

Their fans are of the lowest class... and they deserve one another.

When you make fun of a kid getting injured... you're a classless piece of shit...

Uhhh, so making fun of a kid getting injured makes you a classless piece of shit, but saying a kid who was murdered most likely had it coming?
Moving Sale wrote:I really are a fucking POS.
Softball Bat wrote: I am the dumbest motherfucker ever to post on the board.
the_ouskull
Vince's Heisman Celebration

Re:

Post by the_ouskull »

Blueblood wrote:Frozen, I've been spending the last month in "Oakland" and this place makes "South Central" look like a "lilly white" suburb.

I hear about a couple of gun shots deaths here every night(which doesn't count the shots I hear all night long and what really happened that is never talked about)... and I'm just wondering if the "kid" was of quality character, or just another kid that OU would take that other programs would pass on.

I can tell you from experience, that 99% of the kids that get "whacked"... had something to do with what happened to them.

Tell me more about the "kid" before I give a shit about a possible "thug" that had it coming.
Your team lost the other day... in spectacular fashion, and your wanna-be tailback cracked his dome trying to show off. What do you think about that, numbnuts? Now run and put something else in quotes so that you don't think that you look racist for saying it.

the_ouskull
Congrats, Wags. Good win.
.m2
I swear to god . . .

Post by .m2 »

Since this thread is over two years old, I'll give you the pertinent details which were in the Houston Chronicle article.

1. The kid beat the shit out of his "girlfriend" on a regular basis.

2. He ran a "dog fighting" ring.... and it lead to his death.

3. At the time, the other leading suspension of his death... was the FACT that he kicked the shit out of his girlfriend and it came back to bite him in the ASS !!!

There was more to the article which was deleted by Killian when he banned me for showing what kinda kid he was.... "because it portrayed the kid as a PUNK" .

Killian was pissed because I was 100% right.

the truth
poptart wrote:Oakland is a shithole.
Go Coogs'
Eternal Scobode

Post by Go Coogs' »

You're a fucking idiot, dude.

Herman Mitchell was shot because he beat the fuck out of the guy who shot him. He beat the fuck out of the spineless piece of shit who shot him because dude stole Herman's pitbull.

Herman was an above level student and everyone around him thought this dude was a solid kid. Not sure where you are getting the female abuse shit. I never saw or read any of that anywhere.
88 wrote:Go Coogs' (Regular Season Total Points Champ)
Killian

Post by Killian »

.m2 wrote:Since this thread is over two years old, I'll give you the pertinent details which were in the Houston Chronicle article.

1. The kid beat the shit out of his "girlfriend" on a regular basis.

2. He ran a "dog fighting" ring.... and it lead to his death.

3. At the time, the other leading suspension of his death... was the FACT that he kicked the shit out of his girlfriend and it came back to bite him in the ASS !!!

There was more to the article which was deleted by Killian when he banned me for showing what kinda kid he was.... "because it portrayed the kid as a PUNK" .

Killian was pissed because I was 100% right.

the truth
I gave you a timeout, but I didn't delete shit. Post a link to your evidence, you lying cocksucking dropout piece of shit racist. You have nothing of the sort. While your at it, answer my fucking question and post where I dropped the N bomb. Fuck off.