Preaching Forgiveness (for Michael Vick)

It's the 19th Anniversary for T1B - Fuckin' A

Moderator: Jesus H Christ

Jack
enigma

Preaching Forgiveness (for Michael Vick)

Post by Jack »

Michael has suffered humiliation and condemnation in front of the entire nation. Give the man his chance at salvation without any more aggravation.

For the Lord has said, "He who is without sin..Cast the first Stone!"
The Lord works in mysterious ways, and Michael is just a vessel.

“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, nor are your ways my ways says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.” - Isaiah 55. Verses 8 and 9.

Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother when he sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. -Matthew 18:21-22

Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
-Luke 6:37

This question presents another reason to pray for the person we need to forgive. We can pray for God to deal with the injustices, for God to judge the person's life, and then we can leave that prayer at the altar. We no longer have to carry the anger. Although it is normal for us to feel anger toward sin and injustice, it is not our job to judge the other person in their sin.

Now, Go Forth to Love and Serve the Lord!
PSUFAN
dents with meaning

Post by PSUFAN »

Michael is just a vessel
His hull has been compromised by dog incisors. His life preservers have been replaced by Gideons.
King Crimson wrote:anytime you have a smoke tunnel and it's not Judas Priest in the mid 80's....watch out.
mvscal wrote:France totally kicks ass.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Let he who is without sin cast the first dog.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Re: Preaching Forgiveness (for Michael Vick)

Post by Derron »

Jack wrote: Although it is normal for us to feel anger toward sin and injustice, it is not our job to judge the other person in their sin.

Now, Go Forth to Love and Serve the Lord!
You forgot to ask us to send $ 100 each to your " Foundation " to spread the word to the unchurched masses.

BTW, your a fucking idiot. ( Judgement from Derron)
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

Then Abishai son of Zeruiah said to the king, "Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? Let me go over and cut off his head."

2 Samuel 16:9

The hire of a whore and price of a dog, as a consecrated gift

Deuteronomy 23:18
get out, get out while there's still time
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Derron wrote:BTW, your a fucking idiot. ( Judgement from Derron)

When you throw around the idiot card, it's normally not a good idea to make bloody mess of yourself with a couple of huge ass paper cuts.
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

mvscal wrote:
Jack wrote:Michael has suffered humiliation and condemnation in front of the entire nation. Give the man his chance at salvation without any more aggravation.
That stupid n...igger can go fuck himself. So can you, by the way.
Kinda what I was thinking too.
Derron
Eternal Scobode

Post by Derron »

ucuntdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
Derron wrote:BTW, your a fucking idiot. ( Judgement from Derron)

When you throw around the idiot card, it's normally not a good idea to make bloody mess of yourself with a couple of huge ass paper cuts.
Brilliant take from one who has been ass fucked multiple times....and a contender for Board Bitch....
Derron
Screw_Michigan wrote: Democrats are the REAL racists.
Softball Bat wrote: Is your anus quivering?
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

Derron wrote:Brilliant take.

If you're incapable of muddling your way through some one-line-shit-assed post about the perceived lack of intelligence of another poster without KYOA, twice, you may want to reconsider using your own sphincter as a plunger playground.
Last edited by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 on Tue Aug 21, 2007 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I don't have any sympathy for a guy who is given a $100 million contract and decides to use his money that is funded by all of us (the fans) to participate in grotesque activities such as dog fighting. Someone gives you that money, you better be grateful and live a clean lifestyle. Vick is a fucking idiot.
“You may all go to hell and I will go to Texas”
chargerfan
Elwood

Post by chargerfan »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I don't have any sympathy for a guy who is given a $100 million contract and decides to use his money that is funded by all of us (the fans)
This is what i think of the fans. Always have, always will.

LTS TRN 2
I suck Jew cock

Post by LTS TRN 2 »

Fetch this, bitch! You really fucked up. Of course you didn't know God was a dog. They told you all sorts of bullshit, but now, eternal chew toy, know the truth.
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

When the fuck did Jack get all religious and shit?
If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." —GWB Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000
Martyred wrote: Hang in there, Whitey. Smart people are on their way with dictionaries.
War Wagon wrote:being as how I've got "stupid" draped all over, I'm not really sure.
Goober McTuber
World Renowned Last Word Whore

Post by Goober McTuber »

You don't believe that dullard actually wrote that, do you?
Joe in PB wrote: Yeah I'm the dumbass
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

Seems they rather just lay there, get fucked and play victim
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

Question:

The Falcons are taking a major hit on their salary cap with Vick's $130 million contract. Is that fair? I mean career ending injuries is one thing and I can understand that those contracts stay on the team's cap rate, but something like this should be wiped off the team's cap, right? Why should the Falcons future signings be effected by someone's off-field issues? I think the Falcons should get a reprieve of Vick's contract when it comes to their salary cap.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

It should stay there as punishment for having offered that contract in the first place.
schmick, speaking about Larry Nassar's pubescent and prepubescent victims wrote: They couldn't even kick that doctors ass

BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:Question:

The Falcons are taking a major hit on their salary cap with Vick's $130 million contract. Is that fair? I mean career ending injuries is one thing and I can understand that those contracts stay on the team's cap rate, but something like this should be wiped off the team's cap, right? Why should the Falcons future signings be effected by someone's off-field issues? I think the Falcons should get a reprieve of Vick's contract when it comes to their salary cap.
Maybe next time they'll do some due diligence before offering themselves up for a plungering. Not that you would understand that concept or anything.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

BSmack wrote: Maybe next time they'll do some due diligence before offering themselves up for a plungering.
Perhaps. I was just thinking that dude stayed clean for the most part, but how can you really do a thorough and/or fair due diligence for a lot of players in this league? I mean, I'm sure there are a lot of players out there who roll with a questionable entourage, but they tend to stay out of trouble for the most part. On the other hand, it seems it wouldn't have taken much for Blank to hire a PI before the offering of the big contract and find out about Vick's indiscretions.

But when is enough is enough with teams responsibilities on performing due diligence on their player personnel.
Last edited by RumpleForeskin on Tue Aug 21, 2007 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

mvscal wrote:Don't you have a funeral to attend?
I did yesterday. Thanks for asking.
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Frankly I'd rather pound a nail through my untattooed testicle then jerk-off with sand paper than have to suffer through another season of watching this prick incomplete half of his passes. Good freaking riddance.

Get plunger-raped, Vick.
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
Felix
2012 JAFFL Champ

Post by Felix »

RumpleForeskin wrote: I mean, I'm sure there are a lot of players out there who roll with a questionable entourage, but they tend to stay out of trouble for the most part. On the other hand, it seems it wouldn't have taken much for Blank to hire a PI before the offering of the big contract and find out about Vick's indiscretions.
that's why virtually every team in the NFL has a morals clause in their contracts, to protect themselves against things like this.....I'm assuming that Atlanta will argue that Vick violated the terms of his contract and I'd anticipate the Falcons suing him for part (if not all) of his signing bonus money...

anything they can recover reduces their cap liability for Mr. Mexico proportionately.....
get out, get out while there's still time
Mister Bushice
Drinking all the beer Luther left behind

Post by Mister Bushice »

Goober McTuber wrote:You don't believe that dullard actually wrote that, do you?
Not really a question of who wrote it as much as who's preaching it.

As far as I can recall this is the first jesus freak-ish type post that jack has shat out.
Tiny
Is it football season yet?

Post by Tiny »

I don't really mind the message, I just question why he wasted it on a POS like M. Vick....

I say let the fucker burn...

For all you out there who like to rip on "Christers", I'll admit that my last comment there wasn't very "Christian-like". Well, I guess I just don't get to throw any rocks today. Sue me.
Winston Wolf:
If I'm curt with you it's because time is a factor. I think fast, I talk fast and I need you guys to act fast if you wanna get out of this. So, pretty please... with sugar on top. Clean the fucking car!
jiminphilly
2014 JFFL Champion

Post by jiminphilly »

When does Poptart make his appearance in this thread?
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

jiminphilly wrote:When does Poptart make his appearance in this thread?
When it becomes legitimate.
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
RadioFan
Liberal Media Conspirator

Post by RadioFan »

Mace,

You mean the real dungeon? For 10 years? That's cruel.

Sin,

m2
Van wrote:It's like rimming an unbathed fat chick from Missouri. It's highly distinctive, miserably unforgettable and completely wrong.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

jiminphilly wrote:When does Poptart make his appearance in this thread?
Not much else to add, jim.

Mace dinged it into the centerfield cheapies with his post.

And Rumple is out to lunch with his hand-wringing over the Falcon's misfortune.
The 'it's not my fault' attitude has taken deep root in our society.

Atlanta hitched their wagon to a P.O.S.
Tough nuts.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:
BSmack wrote:Maybe next time they'll do some due diligence before offering themselves up for a plungering.
Perhaps. I was just thinking that dude stayed clean for the most part,
You mean other than running a racketeering enterprise for the past 6 years?
but how can you really do a thorough and/or fair due diligence for a lot of players in this league? I mean, I'm sure there are a lot of players out there who roll with a questionable entourage, but they tend to stay out of trouble for the most part. On the other hand, it seems it wouldn't have taken much for Blank to hire a PI before the offering of the big contract and find out about Vick's indiscretions.
Good job. After a whole lot of handwringing, you got to the correct answer.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Shoalzie
WingNut

Post by Shoalzie »

I find that people that think everyone should be lenient on a guy like Vick for what he did are usually those types of people that are prone to doing stupid things themselves and would hope they got the same soft treatment when they screw up. Vick broke several laws...he didn't just "kill dogs". The average American that did the same thing as him deserves to be skewered just as much. I don't want to hear this "he whom is without sin" line...mostly because I'm not a person of a given faith and that phrase means very little to me. So, we're supposed to let acts go unpunished because "god" will hand out his punishment in the end and us mortals aren't allowed to police ourselves? Good luck with that.

The Vick situation is treated different because he's got money and social status. You look at him involving himself in illegal and immoral acts...how else are you supposed to react to that than with disgust? In the pecking order of crimes, he didn't kill someone...but to think you can sweep this under the rug because it wasn't the most disgraceful of crimes is the type of attitude that will condone all kinds of small crimes and allow them to go with punishment just because they didn't commit a major felony. Why do we have laws in the first place if we're just going to sweep all the smaller offenses under the rug? I like seeing someone who did bad things get the book thrown at them...regardless of fame, race, gender or religion. If a person breaks the law, they need to face the music and ultimately get dealt a just punishment.
RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

I think the Falcons losing their posterboy player, ticket sales, merchandise among other things over the next couple of years is enough to go through as an organization. On the other hand, its on them to know their employees. I'm kind of on the fence about it.
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

RumpleForeskin wrote:I think the Falcons losing their posterboy player, ticket sales, merchandise among other things over the next couple of years is enough to go through as an organization. On the other hand, its on them to know their employees. I'm kind of on the fence about it.
On the fence? Take a side, you fucking Nancy-boy.

Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Tiny wrote:I don't really mind the message, I just question why he wasted it on a POS like M. Vick....

For all you out there who like to rip on "Christers", I'll admit that my last comment there wasn't very "Christian-like". Well, I guess I just don't get to throw any rocks today. Sue me.
Actually, it was more "Christian-Like" than you know.

/s/ Sodom and Gamorrah
Goober McTuber

Post by Goober McTuber »

Dog wrote:
Tiny wrote:I don't really mind the message, I just question why he wasted it on a POS like M. Vick....

Actually, it was more "Christian-Like" than you know.

/s/ Sodom and Gamorrah
I suppose you’re right. If Tiny wants to play God, that is.

Is God a Christian?

RumpleForeskin
Jack Sprat

Post by RumpleForeskin »

You know if it were the Texans, I'd say an inspired "FUCK YOU" to the NFL and tell them to not count Vick's money against the cap. This one incident alone could cost the Falcons another 10 years of not being a contender because of cash restraints. Of course, how would this be any different from their other years of service in the NFL.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

RumpleForeskin wrote:You know if it were the Texans, I'd say an inspired "FUCK YOU" to the NFL and tell them to not count Vick's money against the cap. This one incident alone could cost the Falcons another 10 years of not being a contender because of cash restraints. Of course, how would this be any different from their other years of service in the NFL.
Why should anyone give a rat's ass about the Falcon's playoff chances?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

I'm sure Roger Goodall would take that "inspired FUCK YOU" under consideration.
Jack
enigma

Post by Jack »

Michael Vick was wrong. He will not play in the NFL for at least 1 season and quite possibly will never play in the NFL again.
He lost $100+ Million due to his cruel and stupid actions.
He has lost countless other millions in endorsement contracts.

I do believe he should go to jail.

The man did the crime and will do the time.

There is too much arm chair angriness going on in the world.

Everyone wants justice for everyone else and mercy for themselves.

Castrating Michael Vick, Electrocuting Michael Vick, Throwing Michael Vick off the top of a building will not bring any dog back to life and will not solve the problem.

Forgiving Vick for his human stupidity and cruelty does not mean let him walk free.

I am just saying show some mercy, let go of your own anger and move on.

PEACE!
Arch Angel
Elwood

Post by Arch Angel »

what?

are you on meds?
War Wagon
2010 CFB Pickem Champ

Post by War Wagon »

Jack wrote: I am just saying show some mercy, let go of your own anger and move on.
Are you on drugs?

I'm not angry with Vick. I just don't give a shit about Vick one way or the other. He broke the law, got caught, and now has to pay the price. End of story.

What, I'm supposed to feel some sympathy for the dumbfuck?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Jack wrote:Castrating Michael Vick, Electrocuting Michael Vick, Throwing Michael Vick off the top of a building will not bring any dog back to life and will not solve the problem.
I won't be doing any of the above to Vick. But if someone else does, you can damn sure bet I won't shed any tears for him.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown