Take a look at Camilo Villegas' card

Post by BSmack »

His first 5 holes at the PGA.

Eagle
Bogey
Bogey
DOUBLE Eagle
Double Bogey

Hey Camilo. Even Lefty thinks you should mix in some consistency.

http://www.thegolfchannel.com/core.aspx ... &select3=1

BTW: I would LOVE to see this guy win.

In a playoff.

Over Sergio and Monty.
Last edited by BSmack on Thu Aug 09, 2007 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
MuchoBulls
Tremendous Slouch

Post by MuchoBulls »

RACK the DOUBLE Eagle. That is sweet.
Dreams......Temporary Madness
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

OK, that was weird. Now his card is showing 3 birdies and 2 pars for the same stretch of holes.

I guess the golf channel's scorer might need some remedial training.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Why the hell would anybody root for the Barry Bonds of the PGA?

You guys DO realize that the little midget put on about 50 pounds in one winter, right?

He didn't quite get the PGA to implement steroid testing singlehandedly, but he's the #1 suspect.

Fuck that little douchebag. Once the testing policy is implemented, he'll drop about 1/3rd of his body weight in the off-season... just you watch.

Blatant offender.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:Why the hell would anybody root for the Barry Bonds of the PGA?

You guys DO realize that the little midget put on about 50 pounds in one winter, right?

He didn't quite get the PGA to implement steroid testing singlehandedly, but he's the #1 suspect.

Fuck that little douchebag. Once the testing policy is implemented, he'll drop about 1/3rd of his body weight in the off-season... just you watch.

Blatant offender.
Dins,

Instead of just spouting off as usualm, how about backing up what you say with some kind of evidence?

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

My evidence is observational.

Dude showed up about 40 freaking pounds heavier in 2006 than he was in his college days.

His physique is unnatural.

He's 5-foot-nothing, yet generates the club speed of big lanky guys.

He's the reason Gary Player is about to go on his scorched-earth mission against the roiders in the PGA.

Hey remember about 15 years ago, when all of the baseball players strated putting on huge weight gains? And remember how everyone turned a blind eye, and said "nahhh, they're just working out more these days"?

How many times do we, as fans, have to see the same shit before it becomes obvious?
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:My evidence is observational.

Dude showed up about 40 freaking pounds heavier in 2006 than he was in his college days.

I would hardly call his physique "unnatural". I know people who never touch the juice who look like him.
He's 5'9". And he generates club speed (26th in driving distance) because he puts more time into physical fitness than almost everybody else on Tour.
He's the reason Gary Player is about to go on his scorched-earth mission against the roiders in the PGA.

Hey remember about 15 years ago, when all of the baseball players strated putting on huge weight gains? And remember how everyone turned a blind eye, and said "nahhh, they're just working out more these days"?

How many times do we, as fans, have to see the same shit before it becomes obvious?
He's 5'9" and 160 lbs. I'd hardly call him Baroid II.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Isn't he also in his early 20's? Not exactly an unusual time for people to be adding muscle to their formerly gangly teenage bodies.

I've seen him and he doesn't look freakish at all....just looks like he's in shape. He may be juicing, but to say so would be pure speculation.....
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Height has absolutely nothing to do wth club speed..........flexibility has something to do with it......but not height. C'mon Dins, I'm certain you know that!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Height most ceratinly does have something to do with it, although length of arms has even more to do with it (granted, this is assuming many other factors are equal, or close to).

I'd expect you to know that.

Sin,
The Laws of Physics
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

The few 5'9" guys who are built like him are the ones who CAN do what most others doubt or could ever dream of doing. They're a one in a million.
Ken
Most epic roll-call thread starter EVER

Post by Ken »

Mook wrote:

Height has absolutely nothing to do wth club speed
Well, given that it is reasonable to assume that tall people have longer arms... height does have something to do w/clubhead speed... among many other things, of course.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Ken wrote:
Mook wrote:

Height has absolutely nothing to do wth club speed
Well, given that it is reasonable to assume that tall people have longer arms... height does have something to do w/clubhead speed... among many other things, of course.
Longer arms equal a longer path of acceleration which equals a higher clubhead speed assuming that all other factors are equal. I'd be interested though in knowing exactly how much of an impact longer arms have vs shorter arms. I'm sure some geek as run the Iron Byron through that test.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

Dinsdale wrote:Height most ceratinly does have something to do with it, although length of arms has even more to do with it (granted, this is assuming many other factors are equal, or close to).

I'd expect you to know that.

Sin,
The Laws of Physics
Agreed to a point.....of course if that was true, Tiger shouldn't be able to hit it as far as Ernie Els, Vijay Singh......hell George Archer would have been the longest hitter in history.......short guys can hit it far, doesn't mean they're juicing. See Ian Woosnam and Craig Parry as examples of short, fat guys who could hit the ball a nice distance. Daly ain't as tall as a lot of guys either and he manages to hit it in spite of short arms and a big belly. The main factor in hitting the ball a long way is flexibility. Everybody on this board knows that.
Mook
Elwood

Post by Mook »

BSmack wrote:
Ken wrote:
Mook wrote: Height has absolutely nothing to do wth club speed
assuming that all other factors are equal.
It's this little tidbit that keeps Manute Bol from dominating long drive competitions......
King Crimson
Eternal Scobode

Post by King Crimson »

Andres Romero's card on Sunday at Carnoustie was almost that good. he makes his last par of the day on 7 or 8.
""On a lonely planet spinning its way toward damnation amid the fear and despair of a broken human race, who is left to fight for all that is good and pure and gets you smashed for under a fiver? Yes, it's the surprising adventures of me, Sir Digby Chicken-Caesar!"
"