Big Suprise...

talking about who was arrested today

Moderators: Shoalzie, Biggie

Nacho
Elwood

Big Suprise...

Post by Nacho »

Each season there are predictions as to what will be the big suprise in the NFL. For the Cowboys last year Romo came out of no where to end up in the pro bowl. But we know all about last year...

Are there any suprise players or situations out there this coming year? Any BOLD predictions to your team or the NFL in general?
Save me some of that corn for laters...
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

In a move that's not-so-suprising, the entire Cowboys organization will all manage to remain in-the-closet for yet another year.
I got 99 problems but the 'vid ain't one
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Dinsdale wrote:In a move that's not-so-suprising, the entire Cowboys organization will all manage to remain in-the-closet for yet another year.
You'd think someone who fishes so much would have better bait...

How about a real thought for a change Dins? Or was the question that difficult for you?
Dog
Elwood

Post by Dog »

Matt Schaub will lead the Texans to a 6-10 record. The surprise being that the Texans won't finish 0-16.
Religious Warfare: Adults arguing over who has the best imaginary friend.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Nacho wrote:
How about a real thought for a change Dins? Or was the question that difficult for you?

OK.

In a move that absolutely shocks the entire membership of T1B, Nacho will reply to post without using some variant of the "reading comrehension card."

Aw, who am I kidding?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Dinsdale wrote:In a move that's not-so-suprising, the entire Cowboys organization will all manage to remain in-the-closet for yet another year.
Dinsdale wrote:
Nacho wrote:

OK.

In a move that absolutely shocks the entire membership of T1B, Nacho will reply to post without using some variant of the "reading comrehension card."

Aw, who am I kidding?
CLEARLY it was too difficult. OTST.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

RevLimiter wrote:OTST.

Agreed.

Nacho is incoherent, yet he constantly blames his incoherence on everyone else. Off it.

Newsflash, mensas... if something is predictable, by definition, it's not unpredictable(takes a fucking English major to figure that one out, eh?), and if you predicted it, it's not a "suprise."

The dictionary is your friend, tards. You can't fucking predict a "suprise," you unbelievably stupid motherfuckers. It's kind of at odds with the definition of the word "suprise."

Maybe try rephrasing the question in our agreed-upon language here(that's American English), and maybe I'll give it a shot.
Raydah James
Eternal Scobode

Post by Raydah James »

RevLimiter wrote: CLEARLY it was too difficult.
You know whats too difficult? Reading your fucking blatant stupidity you walking pile of crisco coated afterbirth that unfortunately lived.

RACK the heart attack that finally hits paydirt in advance on your JTR stunt double ass after you eat yourself into a fucking coma you walking Sizzlean slab.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Raydah James wrote: RACK the heart attack that finally hits paydirt in advance on your JTR stunt double ass

Oh, fuck.

In my years on these boards, I've heard people call other people some very nasty shit.

And I think "JTR stunt double" just raised the bar.

Too bad that one doesn't cross over into "real life," eh?
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Raydah James wrote:
RevLimiter wrote: CLEARLY it was too difficult.
You know whats too difficult? Reading your fucking blatant stupidity you walking pile of crisco coated afterbirth that unfortunately lived.

RACK the heart attack that finally hits paydirt in advance on your JTR stunt double ass after you eat yourself into a fucking coma you walking Sizzlean slab.
2-14 deliriousfanoftheworstteaminthenflsayswhat?

Thought so- eat a dick, Grecian Formula Boy.
BSmack
2005 and 2010 JFFL Champion

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:
RevLimiter wrote:OTST.
Agreed.

Nacho is incoherent, yet he constantly blames his incoherence on everyone else. Off it.
'

Nacho may be a tad incoherent, but I think it was fairly clear he was asking for a football take. Can you offer one?

Here, let me help you.

JaMarcus Russell will be rushed into action far to early by Al Davis. He'll have a decent to slightly belopw average game or two, and will then be figured out in quick order by the rest of the league. Whereupon he'll turn into an INT machine. If he's lucky, he'll suffer a career ending injury and be able to walk away with some dignity.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

"I do have respect for authority even though I throw jelly dicks at them.

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So... you'll be "suprised" if your prediction comes true?

I think what the fucking mongoloid was trying to ask for would best be described as "non-mainstream predictions." Although it kind of sucks when a person tries to communicate in gibberish, and you actually have to interpret the text-based mumbling for it to make sense.

My not-so-vogue prediction would be the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game.
Cicero
Unintentional Humorist

Post by Cicero »

Jon Gruden will be fired at the end of the season after the Bucs go 5-11. That doesnt come as much of a surprise though.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

Dinsdale wrote:So... you'll be "suprised" if your prediction comes true?
Why would I be surprised? I'm the one that made the fucking prediction to begin with. You want a surprise? Lay a grand on the Cards to win the Super Bowl. Now THAT would be a surprise.

As for Davis and his new QB, I don't recall a single time where a rookie QB has led the Raiders in passing since the merger. So it's not exactly SOP for the Raiders to be running a rookie out there from the get go.
I think what the fucking mongoloid was trying to ask for would best be described as "non-mainstream predictions." Although it kind of sucks when a person tries to communicate in gibberish, and you actually have to interpret the text-based mumbling for it to make sense.

My not-so-vogue prediction would be the 49ers in the NFC Championship Game.
Why not? It's not like they need to get that much better to make the playoffs playing in the NFC West. Of course the wild card in that equation is a healthy Darrell Jackson.
"Once upon a time, dinosaurs didn't have families. They lived in the woods and ate their children. It was a golden age."

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:Why would I be surprised? I'm the one that made the fucking prediction to begin with.
Hence the stupid fucking nature of the original question. Maybe you do "get it."
So it's not exactly SOP for the Raiders to be running a rookie out there from the get go.
Agreed. It won't be a "suprise," but I think your Raider prediction is plenty valid.
Why not? It's not like they need to get that much better to make the playoffs playing in the NFC West.

PSSSST!. It's 2007. The "NFC West... BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!" thing ain't what it once was. The problem being that the top teams got just a little bit weaker, and the bottom teams got a lot stronger, and we might end up seeing the divisional rivals beating each other up, and it might be tough to get to 10-6(which I think the Niners will).

And before you start laughing too much at the expense of the NFC West, there's 4 names you should think about -- Frank Gore, Shaun Alexander, Steven Jackson, and Edge. I can't remember the last time a division had the ability to run rough-shot over each other with such authority, top to bottom. I mean, if we really wanted to stretch the limits of the debate, it could be argued every one of them has HoF potential(no, that's not one of my "suprise predictions," and it's quite possible that group will produce zero HoFers, but the potential is there).

Salary-cap ball sucks(<--- spoken like a true Ninerfan). But within the system, every dog will have its day eventually, regardless how mangy it is now.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

Dins do you have to argue semantics and sentence structure with every post....

Your life cannot be very enjoyable when it seems your only contact is being a critic of some postings on a message board. It must be a great achievement to giggle like a little girl when you see a spelling error or decide to read everything so literally. I just get the feeling that people really don't like you in real life.... Not that you have much of one with as much as you post on this here board...

If you think that anything you say about me is going to bother me you need to check yourself. I do not need you to validate my life and I do not need this board to do so either. It seems you seek validation in your posting here and to me that is very sad. OK... It's fucking pathetic.... I mean what is more pathetic than having the ability to understand what somebody says and choosing to not answer because you have poor people skills. You should work for the DMV....

The problem with most message boards is that posters are more concerned with other posters than talking about the subjects that drew them to the message board in the first place.....

So, since it irritates you so much I think I will continue to post here, because all I am doing is wasting a little time. Sorry I am not as passionate about my posting here as you are.... But your epic posting builds this place to be such a awesome place to post that the rest of us can only say thanks for all your hard work and dedication...

Back to topic with my "surprise prediction." :)

I predict Vince Young will be pro bowl bound by the end of the year.
orcinus
2013 JAFFL Champ

Post by orcinus »

Nacho wrote:
Nice gutsy pick, BM.

Of course, in doing so, I guess you're also predicting that Manning, Brady or Palmer will likely fall prey to substantial injury?

I'll toss my hat into the ring and predict that Rivers or Cutler will finish ahead of Young at season's end, with Rivers the most likely of the two.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

So, The Clinic decided to go with the "you must be lame a REAL LIFE, and you take this too seriously."

Sorry dude, I just don't see you making the 2007 Board Bitch with that outdated material. But you are making a solid run. But unless you can drum up some page-stretching pics of your hometown, you'll never do better than runner-up.

Egad, that was horrible.

You asked for "suprise predictions." I merely pointed out that there's no such thing. You are unable to ask a question that makes any sense whatsoever, and in your world, that somehow reflects poorly on me.

Ohhhhhkay.

Although I don't think that would come as a "suprise" to very many people, I'm thinking that's a pretty solid prediction, as well. A limiting factor is there's a couple of fairly decent QBs in the AFC. I can think of two guys, that if they play 15-16 games(and one of them has never missed a game in his life from draft day on), they're locks on name alone. Makes it tough to get a Pro Bowl QB spot in the AFC, though I wouldn't be the least bit suprised to see Jesus make it.
Nacho
Elwood

Post by Nacho »

I guess I have arrived as I am getting glossed by Dins....

I think that makes me one of you now.... Shit now I have to go get a real life again.....
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

I predict that the Threads in the NFL Forum will get Better....

:mrgreen:

good call Orc'.....it'll be hard for VY to 'pass up' the group of Manning, Brady and Carson....plus Phillip and Cutler.

VY is a "one-man" Team though.

Hell, if the TITans Win more than 6 games and VY is still walking....he could get a Purple Heart.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Nacho wrote:Shit now I have to go get a real life again.....
no, pb....you're STUCK here!!!!

pull up a Chair.....Keg is in the Corner---->poppy has his Reading Circle in the opposite Corner.

BCNU in the Middle!
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Should be a good season. So good, that I broke my usual habit of waitng until the season starts before I stop by your fine forum and call every non-Niners fan an idiot.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Let Mike Nolan wear a SUIT for Keee-rists SAKE!

c'mon

NFL apparrel rule sucks <insert here>.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

Why yes, Q, I AM stoked for college ball, too, thanks for asking.

Qbert wrote:Mike Nolan

Quack Quack, MotherFuckers.

And if'n I'm not mistaken, since the turn of the century, coaches in suits are undefeated.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Dinsdale wrote:Should be a good season. So good, that I broke my usual habit of waitng until the season starts before I stop by your fine forum and call every non-Niners fan an idiot.
welcome BACK to the bottom~feeders.

your placemat within the 'ring' is still secure.....the nanny doesn't have to go out of her way to get your 'binky'.
Qbert

Post by Qbert »

Dinsdale wrote:Why yes, Q, I AM stoked for college ball, too, thanks for asking.
did I?

THE OSU will do ok.....my Grill Cover might be in jeopardy though.

Annual BET with the WIFE---->winner of the ScUM vs OSU game....gets the Grill Cover.

not real confident about THE OSU's QB prospects this year....especially vs. ScUM.

G0d love Lloyd Cooper.... :mrgreen:
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

I agree with orc and Q on V. Young.
With the AFC having established pro-bowl QBs hanging around, I see Young on the outside looking in.

Also, I need to see Vince show an ability to throw the ball at an NFL level before I assign pro-bowl 'greatness' to him.
51% passer, 12/13 td/int ratio, 66.7 passer rating.
No deep ball ability shown yet.
Yuck.

But to his credit, he did flash the same legs and 'intangibles' that made him a Tejas legend.

I'll think about some 'surprises' and get back to the thread later, Bassy.

The NFL office is a pile of shit.
No new news there, but the Nolan 'no suit' dealie has been beyond the twilight zone.
Sure, the league is pleased to let B. Belichick gear-up looking like Fat Paul on garage-cleaning Saturday, but Dick Nolan wear a ... suit ???
A suit???
The horrah.
Why, never never never!!!

A coach should be free to gear up however he wants to, so long as the team he is coaching has no problem with it.

Get fucked, dick(s)!
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

poptart wrote:I agree with orc and Q on V. Young.
With the AFC having established pro-bowl QBs hanging around, I see Young on the outside looking in.
You mean like last year?

Oh wait, Vince was in the Pro Bowl last year.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

He was, as P. Rivers' injury replacement.

Not sure why Brady was passed over, or ...... maybe he declined to be the injury replacement.
Brady clearly had a superior year to Young.
You can make a very strong case that S. McNair did also.

And J.P. Losman, for that matter.
SunCoastSooner
Reported Bible Thumper

Post by SunCoastSooner »

Jimmy Wilkerson becomes and impact DE for the Chiefs....
BSmack wrote:I can certainly infer from that blurb alone that you are self righteous, bible believing, likely a Baptist or Presbyterian...
Miryam wrote:but other than that, it's cool, man. you're a christer.
LTS TRN 2 wrote:Okay, Sunny, yer cards are on table as a flat-out Christer.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

SunCoastSooner wrote:Jimmy Wilkerson becomes and impact DE for the Chiefs....
If he dropped 20 lbs, he could move to Falconback.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

poptart wrote:Not sure why Brady was passed over, or ...... maybe he declined to be the injury replacement.

Brady was not passed over. He declined due to... "injury."

They asked numerous other QBs before finally settling on Young. Heck, I think Cleo Lemon even told the AFC to "fuck off" before the call to Mr Wonderlic was put in.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:
poptart wrote:Not sure why Brady was passed over, or ...... maybe he declined to be the injury replacement.
Brady was not passed over. He declined due to... "injury."

They asked numerous other QBs before finally settling on Young. Heck, I think Cleo Lemon even told the AFC to "fuck off" before the call to Mr Wonderlic was put in.
I thought Brady declined because he had an important date with Chris Berman at Pebble Beach that week.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2
Eternal Scobode

Post by ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 »

He was seen on the links that week. That's why I put injury in quotation marks, Captain Obvious.
BSmack

Post by BSmack »

ucantdoitdoggieSTyle2 wrote:He was seen on the links that week. That's why I put injury in quotation marks, Captain Obvious.
I wasn't sure if you were saying he pussed out or just didn't give a fuck. Not that anybody gives a fuck about the Pro Bowl.

—Earl Sinclair

- Antonio Brown
ChargerMike
2007/2011 JFFL champ

Post by ChargerMike »

I predict that Vincent Jackson will have a breakout year and replace Eric Parker as Rivers favorite target.

BTW..sorry to hijack this sucker back on topic...carry on Dins.
Dinsdale
Lord Google

Post by Dinsdale »

BSmack wrote:Falconback
BWA!

Every time I hear the word "falconback," I want to hunt down Schottenheimer and torture him.

It's bad enough to just make up fucking positions that are indistinguishable from an OLB, but to name them after an opposing team?

Marty at his moronic finest.
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

2007 Surprises
Detroit goes at least .500
St. Louis wins the West
S. Janikowski makes the pro bowl
San Diego struggles on offense
New England misses the playoffs

More later ...........
RevLimiter
Count Chunkula

Post by RevLimiter »

Dinsdale wrote:
BSmack wrote:Falconback
BWA!

Every time I hear the word "falconback," I want to hunt down Schottenheimer and torture him.

It's bad enough to just make up fucking positions that are indistinguishable from an OLB, but to name them after an opposing team?

Marty at his moronic finest.
Thanks for sharing that with us.

Sin,
poptart
Quitty McQuitface

Post by poptart »

So far ......

- Dog did alright.
- Toddowen should have off'd himself before he belched out his shoot-yer-own-foot Brady take.
- BSmack was WRONG about J. Russell
- Cicero crapped the bed on Wonderboy
- Nacho looks to be very wrong about V. Young making the Pro Bowl
- orc was correct about Rivers and Cuntler doing better than Young -- Derek Anderson has been the real surprise here though
- ChargerMike wrong about V. Jackson -- Gates is still by far Rivers' top guy
- poptart was wrong about St. Lou' winning the West and New England missing the playoffs.
- poptart was right, sort of, about SD struggling on offense (22nd in total offense, but 8th in scoring)
- Jury is still out on poptart regarding Detroit going at least .500 and Janikowski making the Pro Bowl.